PDA

View Full Version : kRO: Ragnarok Renewal Discussion Thread IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Lucentos
07-05-2009, 03:43 AM
-Now I really don't want to see anyone bitching that mechanics are weak

He's acting like any good n' old Whitesmith. I don't know why we shouldn't complain, if he is doing exactly what we can already do. He doesn't uses any Mechanic skill at all o_o

What's the difference between being a lvl 150 Whitesmith and being a Mechanic for you, then? Because for me, and for what I see in this video, there's none.
This is true.

paladinenvec2
07-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Well he don't uses any mechanic skills at all he just use Speed Pot+HSCR pretty much a MSmith with more hp/sp, and i don't know if i'ts because the other guild are idiots or something but i didn't see any dispel, qwagmire, slow grace, to annoy the smith they just take the Rams gladly.
BTW it's my imagination or the stun duration it's longer than renewal?

Frost
07-05-2009, 04:29 AM

He's acting like any good n' old Whitesmith. I don't know why we shouldn't complain, if he is doing exactly what we can already do. He doesn't uses any Mechanic skill at all o_o

What's the difference between being a lvl 150 Whitesmith and being a Mechanic for you, then? Because for me, and for what I see in this video, there's none.

There actually are differences.

1. Cooler/Worse sprites (depends on personal taste)
2. +30 Hit for axe Wielders.

Yep that's just about it.

Ibari
07-05-2009, 04:37 AM
There actually are differences.

1. Cooler/Worse sprites (depends on personal taste)
2. +30 Hit for axe Wielders.

Yep that's just about it.
Awww, are you making fun of me? T^T...

Even so, if you look carefully, you'll see that he's wielding a Mace (Probably Pilebunker) So he doesn't even have the +30 Hit. Just the Sprite then.

Hurray for Gravity!!

Slapzech
07-05-2009, 04:40 AM
And without using any mechanic skills He still waltz through pretty much everything.

Though it is true that mechas sprite sucks : P

Ibari
07-05-2009, 04:51 AM
And without using any mechanic skills He still waltz through pretty much everything.
But don't you think it's sad to create a new class and keep using exactly the very same things without any reinforcement or improvement or different tactics 'cause they're THAT bad?

Slapzech
07-05-2009, 05:12 AM
But don't you think it's sad to create a new class and keep using exactly the very same things without any reinforcement or improvement or different tactics 'cause they're THAT bad?

I'm going to take a word here once the accesories and those support skills are going to be working.

And even so practically no one will play a support mecha who went third after beeing trans. Everyone got used to the survivalability and damage dealt with hscr with Mastersmith, and they will want to remain as they were. perhaps 5% of mecha population will go support build with mado's, which is (or rather - will be) the alternative.

As I said before: Mecha should get either dmg dealing skills stronger than mammo while having a cost in zeny, or equal/weaker with no zeny cost.
But not a skill that is better than hscr.

...And I still do not know why didn't mechanics get forging/upping armors skills or new weapons forging.

paladinenvec2
07-05-2009, 05:14 AM
'm going to take a word here once the accesories
You know something funny? Gravity removed the effects from mechanic accesories...

Slapzech
07-05-2009, 05:19 AM
You know something funny? Gravity removed the effects from mechanic accesories...

So it's safe to assume the mechanic will remain as it is with tons of equipment and skills not working? Afterall it's not like gravity to change something several times on a test serwer.

paladinenvec2
07-05-2009, 05:29 AM

So it's safe to assume the mechanic will remain as it is with tons of equipment and skills not working? Afterall it's not like gravity to change something several times on a test serwer.
Pretty much,anyway, i'll test this things myself since a friend helped me to get a kRO account just today, NIG: Cannonbullet(merchant),Jade(swordsman).
Edit: many ppl upgrading in prontera, i wonder if someone have a +15 to +20 weapon already...

Kuran
07-05-2009, 08:10 AM
07:50, RK looks like a wizard, lol

Kyuur
07-05-2009, 11:44 AM
So why doesn't he use FAWs? That's a decent addition to HSCR based Smiths, isn't it?

Yoyo
07-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Probably because they require a lot of item hunting, last very little, can be destroyed, and only attacks targets that come within range. It's good for defending or against stactic enemies, but definetly not to chase people.

Doddler
07-05-2009, 02:23 PM
http://ro.doddlercon.com/video/musketeer_woe-2009-07-04.html

kRO Main server War of Emperium, Musketeer guild, from the point of view of a stalker guild leader.

Farjax
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
It looked more fun than the other. This one I didn't notice a lack of any class. many WL, Mec and evena frenzied RK

Velvet
07-06-2009, 04:54 AM
What surprises me that most of the Locks I saw in this video, tried to solo their enemies. And thus they were not very successful. What about Sacrifice+staying with your group :S, there they could really bring out their potential.

Lucentos
07-06-2009, 05:13 AM
What surprises me that most of the Locks I saw in this video, tried to solo their enemies. And thus they were not very successful. What about Sacrifice+staying with your group :S, there they could really bring out their potential.
There are problem - Devotion isn`t here due to +-10 Lvl restriction on castings, so Warlocks currently running without their respective supportive big brother.

CGar
07-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Here's some things I was thinking when watching those WoE videos

1) How come everyone seems to have like 10000 consumables on, and eats speed pots like they're candy lol
2) That stalker's mini-map actually had a map, while the Mech/GX didn't, wtf hax lol!
3) FKick is still gay, I can't believe people voted to not remove it from iRO WoE :(
4) Warlocks seem to be very strong, but it's way too rare when they actually get spells off
5) On a related note, Magnetic Earth seems to be non-existant
6) RKs don't ever really do anything
7) Someone actually used fire pillars O_O
8) Traps are badass and took HUGE chunks out of that SinX in the SinX video, I'm a bit sad they did not lower the speed at which you can pot though, so he never died
9) GX looks hella overpowered, even despite the +9 glorious katar

Devil-Cry
07-07-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm also loling at how the sins wont even take 2 steps without using an EDP and speed pot. thats very realistic :P

I understand trying to look good for the fraps camera. but honestly, no one's gonna be doing that. and the slow people are gonna thing that 100% EDP speed pot woe is the normal power of the GX. no wonder there are so many GX OP crybabies

Gio
07-07-2009, 04:12 PM
not an issue if they can 100% Edp or not, there is no other class with this kind of OP option even if they spend a whole day farming to get items to create something like Edp.

Also, i do happen to complain about Gx, and i do not consider myself a slow person, and my opinions arent even based on these videos, they are based on my experience playing Renewal.

Atum
07-07-2009, 04:20 PM
GX are very strong in close range 1:1 combat but they pretty much suck in large aoe damage, pretty much every other class deals more damage in large areas than GX, also many classes have counters against GX (white imprison, warg bite, deathbound, manhole/strip/unlucky).

Also pretty much every class has detection skills so it will be very hard to use cloaking for a suprise attack.

Devil-Cry
07-07-2009, 04:22 PM
i didnt mean that, I meant there are bound to be slow people who see those vids, watch them move at lightning speeds 100% of the time, drop everyone in .5 seconds, and be like.

"Wow, thats how all GX's are gonna be in woe? OP"

if you have legit reasons, by all means lol.

Yoyo
07-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm still lol'ing at people screaming that GXes are overpowered because they ctrl click in woe. Apparently status armors don't work anymore, and there are no skills to stop 1 cell range melee AGI ctrl clickers.

Atum
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Majoruros card, Rybio card or Demon Pungus card will probably be very strong against any kind of ctrl-click attacker.

Realus
07-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I know players have some nice options against GX.

But in those WoE videos, seeing those GX murder the WoE2 guardians without getting hit is kinda lame.
Don't need constant EDP for that, and they can't do anything about it because they're just AI.

paladinenvec2
07-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Majoruros card, Rybio card or Demon Pungus card will probably be very strong against any kind of ctrl-click attacker.
hmm yes,maybe reflect effects will be more useful too, valky manteau+Naga scale shield.

Atum
07-07-2009, 08:02 PM
But in those WoE videos, seeing those GX murder the WoE2 guardians without getting hit is kinda lame.
Even Ninjas can tank woe guardians without any problems and without getting hit, its not like GX is the only class that can do that.

Kuran
07-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Even Ninjas can tank woe guardians without any problems and without getting hit, its not like GX is the only class that can do that.
even ninjas?

theyre especial >.>
(ive soloed kiel from quest with one)
they cant hit them but ninja damage is low

CGar
07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
The problem with status armors is that they don't work very well if you go down in 2 hits, and it wouldn't be smart to go walking around with your unfrozen all WoE

Akio Otsuka
07-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Did anyone see that RK with like 190 ish aspd w/ a mace weapon(I think).

It was just like a GX with 1/10 of the attacking power. But it did make him hard to kill because of the massive flee. Must be nice in pvm

Realus
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Well, yeah.
But the GX was tanking two at once (Or was it 3? I can't recall)

And beyond -just- tanking them, it was killing them with ease. Faster (Well, may or may not be, video was sped up) then some Biochemists acidbombing it pre-renewal imo. [And without needing strings]

Ninja couldn't damage them well, also the more there are the harder it will be for it to tank. (And whenever it gets hit, it'll get hurt because low hp mod)

Then finally, if someone was around to try helping the guardians (High Wiz to SG?) Ninja would get hurt and possibly die. While GX can walk up to Warlock and EDP Crit them before they have the chance to finish casting. (Unless instant Cast w/ Release, or a quick spell that probably won't kill the GX [Not to mention Hall.W's -50% Magic)

Just that soloing effort seems abit unfair. (Even though Eske guardian precast is lame already)
EDP Ctrl+Click will be annoying... but it's pretty much similar to pre-renewal.
Just less damage, more attacks per second now iirc.

Farjax
07-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Its just me or grav developers are trying to make this game slower

Yumitori
07-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Its just me or grav developers are trying to make this game slower

actually they raised maximum aspd to 194, didn't they ? so I don't think this is what they wanted.

Atum
07-08-2009, 10:23 AM
The max aspd is 193.
Although some classes have a bit lower aspd than before (runeknight for example) its is very easy with partybuffs to get high aspd again.

Farjax
07-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Hmmm..I were not very clear in my question, sorry.
It isn't just about aspd but the whole game. Much higher HPs, party or self buffs(some o f them) with few requisites or delays, etc

Talvis&Talnis
07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
As far as aspd is concerned in this game, that is one thing I found to be insanely unrealistic. I played a 2 hand knight/lk (OMG! I wasn't vit/spear. who cares, it's what I like playing) and yes it's fun attacking at at 180-190 aspd, which is 6 atk/sec I think, but it's just not realistic. There's no possible way to swing a 2 handed sword at that speed. I actually have a claymore and there's no way someone could effectively swing it at that speed. About the only weapon that could possibly be used at that speed would be daggers or katars.
Yes, I'm aware that this is a fantasy game and real world physics don't always apply.

Slapzech
07-08-2009, 12:56 PM
As far as aspd is concerned in this game, that is one thing I found to be insanely unrealistic.(...)

Stopped reading here.
Anything happening in a game should not be discussed on the basis of realism.

niektory
07-08-2009, 01:13 PM
As far as aspd is concerned in this game, that is one thing I found to be insanely unrealistic.(...)
Stopped reading here.
Aww, too bad, you'd have a good laugh:
(...) which is 6 atk/sec I think, but it's just not realistic. (...) About the only weapon that could possibly be used at that speed would be daggers or katars.

He thinks attacking 6 times/second with a dagger is realistic. :)

Doddler
07-08-2009, 01:21 PM
For those that haven't read it yet, I translated an article on a japanese site about renewal, which includes a lengthy interview with the project director for RO1.

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35435&posts=46&start=1

Risami
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I have a question when renewal comes how will this effect endless tower since there making some monsters easy?
will endless tower monsters become easy? and what about mvps :x

paladinenvec2
07-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Mr. Yang: Upgrades from 1 to 10 are the same as before, but now you can chose to over refine an item from 11 to 20. You increase refine from 10 one by one when succeeding, but if it fails it drops 3 upgrades. The refine probability from 11 is near the success from 9 to 10.

Epic Fail

Farjax
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Mr. YangIt also gives us the ability to create more combinations of equipment. Before the update gears were generally restricted to be either physical defense or magical defense items, but now we've got more freedom to create items for both.

I was afraid that it would not happen. It will be great.

Alberish
07-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Mr. Yang: Upgrades from 1 to 10 are the same as before, but now you can chose to over refine an item from 11 to 20. You increase refine from 10 one by one when succeeding, but if it fails it drops 3 upgrades. The refine probability from 11 is near the success from 9 to 10.

Epic Fail

I think someone trade the Dev's guide book "How upgrade a server in one year" for this: "How destroy a server in one year"

And they did read this chapter...

1. Burn your fisical and logical books
2. Remake all mechanics to confusing players
3. Make incomprehensible changes
4. Make something just impossible to get (+20 armor...)
5. Change the changes
and keeping read xD

paladinenvec2
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
1. Burn your fisical and logical books
That was burned looooooong ago.

Btw...I'm lvl 99 where is the reborn npc?xD

bluefox
07-08-2009, 08:45 PM

Epic Fail
It makes a bit of sense to have only the ultra rich and ultra lucky be the strongest ones. Well, trying to get +20 will not be a task for common people... only those who are truly insane would try getting there.
Suddenly, I'm reminded of Akagi. Damn, gotta watch that again.

The Japanese thing article was a nice read. Thanks, Doddler.

paladinenvec2
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Epic Fail
It makes a bit of sense to have only the ultra rich and ultra lucky be the strongest ones. Well, trying to get +20 will not be a task for common people... only those who are truly insane would try getting there.
Suddenly, I'm reminded of Akagi. Damn, gotta watch that again.

The Japanese thing article was a nice read. Thanks, Doddler.
It would be good imo that once you get +10 you have 100% refine success from+11 to +13 then from that point gravity can put a fixed success rate around 20-30%, it's a hell of difficult to have a +10 armor, +20 seems imposible...

Talvis&Talnis
07-08-2009, 09:33 PM
(...) which is 6 atk/sec I think, but it's just not realistic. (...) About the only weapon that could possibly be used at that speed would be daggers or katars.

He thinks attacking 6 times/second with a dagger is realistic. :)[/QUOTE]
It's slightly more possible to swing lightweight weapons like those then a massive 2 handed weapon.
I also believe that the priest at my local church can warp me:heh:

TeaRs
07-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Btw...I'm lvl 99 where is the reborn npc?xD
The Valkyrie
0 weight
0 zeny
No Cart/Falcon/Peco

Doddler
07-09-2009, 12:01 AM
So the Kalga Mace is dropped by anolians. I got a round buckler from an orc warrior. For some reason though, I couldn't equip the round buckler on a level 60 priest, but I could on my 37 thief. Seems they've botched the class reqs?

Golden Fingers
07-09-2009, 12:35 AM
What about ghostring card reduction ? As I understand in renewal you recieve 70% dmg instead 25%, am I right ?

Randomly quoting hopefully in the right thread.

So ghost one now takes 70% instead of 25% damage, does this also apply to regular attacks (unlike now)?

reason being aside from some MVPs and sometimes in woe I almost never use my GR these days. If it affected everything neutral i'd see it as a nice buff.

Btw how does deviling work currently?

bluefox
07-09-2009, 01:42 AM
I think it's the same thing as always - halves Neutral emenet damage and adds 50% more elemental damage. I don't see why it would change, since it's not related to Ghost element at all.

And well, Doddler, is the in-game description still saying it can be worn by all classes?
Maybe they'll fix it by next week.

kyozaa
07-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Is anyone know about orb-add system for equiepment?

1 Which stat that can add? (str agi dex or can add free hit crit?)

2 How much point that can add? (1-9?)

3 What type of armor or weapon that can add orb stat? (middle or lower head or accessorry)

4 How many of orb can add on 1 equipment? (i saw 3 orb on head gear in kro woe clip)

5 Which item that need to use?

6 How much success percent and if fail in progress did equipment will be lost?

thx for every rep.

Ibari
07-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Orb add...? What the hell is that?

Frost
07-09-2009, 03:41 AM
He means the equipment enhancement system.
Try searching the kro update section for a thread titled EP 13.2 update. That's all the info there is as of right now.

Louna
07-09-2009, 03:45 AM
Here.- Added the 'Hidden' slot enchant NPC.

The Hidden Slot Enchant NPC can add special properties to 57 different types of armors.
Unlike the regular slot enchant NPC, the Hidden enchant unlocks special properties in the armor.
The gear is randomly given randomly +1 ~ +3 of one of the 6 stats.
The NPC is located near the south gate of prontera.
(When enchanting an armor, all previous enchantments, upgrades, and cards are lost. There is a chance of failure, in which the item is destroyed.)

* Non Slotted Armor

- Mantle
- Long Coat
- Chain Mail
- Full Plate
- Silk Robe
- Saint Robe
- Holy Robe
- Tights
- Silver Robe
- Magic Coat
- Thief Clothes
- Legion Full Plate
- Lucius's Fierce Armor of Volcano
- Saphien's Armor of Ocean
- Aebeecee's Raging Typhoon Armor
- Claytos Cracking Earth Armor
- Glorious Suit (all 3 types)
- Ninja Suit
- Chameleon Armor

* Slotted Armor

- Mink Coat [1]
- Lord Clothes [1]
- Glittering Jacket [1]
- Formal Suit [1]
- Mantle [1]
- Long Coat [1]
- Chain Mail [1]
- Full Plate [1]
- Silk Robe [1]
- Scapulare [1]
- Saint Robe [1]
- Tights [1]
- Silver Robe [1]
- Thief Clothes [1]
- Legion Full Plate [1]
- Lucious's Fierce Armor of Volcano [1]
- Saphien's Armor of Ocean [1]
- Aebeecee's Raging Typhoon Armor [1]
- Claytos Cracking Earth Armor [1]

* High Class Armor

- Meteo Plate [1]
- Orlean's Uniform [1]
- Diabolus Robe [1]
- Diabolus Armor [1]
- Sprint Mail [1]
- Kandra [1]
- Naga Scale Armor [1]
- Life Link [1]
- Refined Tights [1]
- Assaulter Plate [1]
- Elite Engineer Armor [1]
- Assassin Robe [1]
- Warlock Battle Robe [1]
- Robe of Order [1]
- Elite Archer Suit [1]
- Eiite Shooter Suit [1]

The enchanting process costs 400k per item. kRO players haven't determined the exact chance of failure but one user said that out of 6 attempts, they only broke 1 gear.

kyozaa
07-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Thx all rep.

About status aliment last week update.

Wonder anyone already find out about the number of calculation already?

It very interesting that AGI and INT going to be a part of anti-stat-aliment.

Especially Frezen* Stun* Stonecurse* and Sleep*.

The more this 4 status aliment was effect, the more people will change the way to build and play this game.

TeaRs
07-09-2009, 07:25 AM
I think Frozen/Stone chance is based on MDef and duration is MDef and LUK. Don't think AGI will affect it.
Even though AGI plays a roll in the resistance. I doubt its effectiveness will be high. IMO it will probrably be VIT > LUK > AGI.
Either that or different statuses take difference stats for resistance/duration. Stun = VIT, Sleep = INT etc.

Here's an example of the Slot Enchant btw.
http://forums.irowiki.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1890&stc=1&d=1247145912

Golden Fingers
07-09-2009, 07:55 AM
I think it's the same thing as always - halves Neutral emenet damage and adds 50% more elemental damage. I don't see why it would change, since it's not related to Ghost element at all.

And well, Doddler, is the in-game description still saying it can be worn by all classes?
Maybe they'll fix it by next week.

Oh ok, I wasnt sure if the change was due to elemental rebalancing, or a direct balance/nerf on GR/DR cards. Good to know its probably just a side effect rather than direct change.

kyozaa
07-09-2009, 09:08 AM
May we can enchant that red-orb more than 57 type?

What is that hat? i cant see this hat on the list of 57 equipment?

ps. orb mean new slot enchantment.

TeaRs
07-09-2009, 09:22 AM
It's a new headgear given for Paradise Team quests.

Doddler
07-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I did the new paradise group quests last night while leveling a battle aco. They're fairly easy and intended for level 10~50. The quest comes in 3 different parts. There's actually 6 different quests but you get the 3 ones most suitable for your level at the time (I think).

The first one I got was to go to morroc south east, and a desert wolf npc there had me kill 10 condors, then 10 baby desert wolves, and then 10 scorpion. While doing the quest you can go back to the NPC and they'll give you full HP/SP back. For completing part 1 I got the paradise team hat, manteau, and version 1 of the uniform and boots (item details here (http://forums.irowiki.org/showpost.php?p=477625&postcount=85)).

The second part I had to go to ant hell, then kill 15 deniro, 15 andre, then 10 vitata. I was then given version 2 of the uniform and boots, and I got to chose my choice of the paradise group mace or wand (the only weapons for my job).

The last part was 10 orc baby, 10 orc warrior, and 10 orc lady. I got the final uniform and boots, and my choice of second class paradise group weapon. All the paradise group items are character bound. The equipment quests can be done at any level though.

I checked through the files, and the quests that I wasn't assigned was a culvert 1f hunt, payon 1f hunt, and orc dungeon 1f hunt.

Kazuki
07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Today i checked a mechanic equipment info and...

http://i31.tinypic.com/z8fw8.jpg

+8 pile bunker with a strange (ok, it's in korean, everything is strange to me) Green card on it.
As you can see the name of the pile bunker also is in green. Also, no card illustration.

This was posted in the Mechanic thread. Anyone know why the Pile Bunker is green?

Atum
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
It should be said that when you buy the pile bunker weapon in the npc shop it has a black name, like any other item.

Only when you put a card in it this weapons name turns green as well as the cardname in the cardslot (when you rightclick on the weapon to get the destription).

paladinenvec2
07-09-2009, 02:31 PM
i want that hat, where's the paradise NPC to start the quests?

Doddler
07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I posted this in the aspd thread as well. This is a mostly working version of the attack speed simulator. Let me know if it does or doesn't match up to your characters in game.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/r/aspdcalc/calc.php

kyozaa
07-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Arrrg!! +_+

I saw kro's woe clip and see many rep say that "GX is overpower".

Then i go calculate myself cause i play Crit+mix SinX currently.

I dont see anything that over power or even stronger than other job.

Right now in current sever i can crit people 4x Rhand +1x Lhand with almost 100%crit chane and with 180-182 aspd.

And with GX in new calculation with after renewal.....it appear like even wiht 100str+120agi and 70+ luk and dex about 70-80.

The damage with crit is about 4x+1x R+L hand and it lower a bit with crit damage, even crit got 1.4x but it got def% to block it.

With aspd, even GX raise agi to 120+ they just got 180 aspd with new formular.

And with crit chance, i already got almost 100% crit that stay as the same.

The damage per sec is just go the same with SinX around 12000-15000 per sec.

On the video that GX look cool just because of speed of record that show time quicken almost 3/1-5/1.

I accecp that GX got more survival ability and more max hp than SinX.

But other class like wiz class got hp that 4X from high wiz to worlock sword class got hp 2.5X.

Almost every class got hp 2.5X-4X for lv 150.

And with lv150 GX got the same damage per sec.

With skill like CI that not as strong as Sblow in old RO.

I dont see From the fact why people said GX is overpower or something like that.

Another reason that GX on video is look cool i think other player from other job just still in lower level and dont use the skill or option that make them to the peak level to fight with other.

With other job is forward 3 step with max hp and new better skill, but GX is still got ability to attack in term of just SinX, i concern about go to play GX after renewal.

Hope that new poison will help to close this distance.

Atum
07-10-2009, 03:16 AM
But other class like wiz class got hp that 4X from high wiz to worlock sword class got hp 2.5X.

No, the HP modifier stay pretty much the same.
Its just that with the new statpoints wizards can finally get more vit instead of having to put all their points in dex/int.

Sonic blow = 880% damage
Cross impact = 1400% damage, spammable.
Its pretty much higher damage than old ROs sonic blow, the only thing that got changed is how EDP works with skills.

Ibari
07-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Then those "Stat Orbs" can be used with every piece of equipment (Except Weapons) and not only Armors? I ask this 'cause of the pic that Tears posted.

kyozaa
07-10-2009, 03:39 AM
No, the HP modifier stay pretty much the same.
Its just that with the new statpoints wizards can finally get more vit instead of having to put all their points in dex/int.
That is what i mean, lv99+2x vit hp just 8000-12000with all option.
But lv150+100vit what hp that wiz class can get...may be 30000+ with all option.

Sonic blow = 880% damage
Cross impact = 1400% damage, spammable.
Its pretty much higher damage than old ROs sonic blow, the only thing that got changed is how EDP works with skills.

Sblow is 880*4 = 3520% one hit and can link with soul. And face with people10-25k hp. Very high capability to kill.

CI is 1800% no link with soul can spam 2 or some time 3 but that not one hit and will face againt 30-55k hp...I will said it lower capability to kill.

And some thing more....Str+quiep atk with old formular with Sblow that stronger than the way stat and equip atk can go with new formular.

A 130 str +thanatos ball + core02+Karnage katar and Sblow....what damage this job can do to kill10-25k hp enemy in pvp or woe. and can ad option like soul link.

A 150 str +option like same as sinX with CI....I dont think this damage can close the deal with enemy even CI can spam to target that got 30-55k hp, CI after renew is far more distance with Sblow in order to kill.

The purpose that i said all of this thing is just to prove that GX is not that much like something that most people say after saw that kro'woe clip.

And i think what i said about GX is very truly.

Because in woe that i play everyday i can kill much more and faster than that clip show.

I dont want anyone to copy my build so i dont want to talk about the way my sinX play too much.

Just show some fact to other to understand.

I still think suitable crit should pass def or do 2X damage not pass def.

TeaRs
07-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Then those "Stat Orbs" can be used with every piece of equipment (Except Weapons) and not only Armors? I ask this 'cause of the pic that Tears posted.
Um only specific armours can be slot enchanted. That headgear I've shown is an exception from the list cause it was recently added with the Paradise Group quests. The slot enchant for that headgear is like to give beginners an insight of some of the possibilities that can be done with armours. Afterall that is what the Paradise Group is suppose to do, introduce the system to new experiences and provide rewards.

Ibari
07-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Mmm... I don't know if feelin' good or bad with that system. Because having to farm armors, then "orbing" them, attempting to get a nice bonus, and then refine it's gonna be REAL crazy.

Atum
07-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Sblow is 880*4 = 3520% one hit and can link with soul. And face with people10-25k hp. Very high capability to kill.

CI is 1800% no link with soul can spam 2 or some time 3 but that not one hit and will face againt 30-55k hp...I will said it lower capability to kill.
Thats one of the main reasons for renewal : to get rid of all the 1hit kills in woe to make it actually possible to survive if you are good enough instead of dieing to many attacks in one hit without having any chance to defend yourself.
EDP+Link+SB has still higher damage per use than EDP+CI but you can chain CI up to three times, which makes it more deadly.

@Yukito : I wont really bother using the hidden slot npc, at least not replacing every single armor i have.
I might use them whenever i will replace one of my armors with better ones anyway but i wont buy the same armors i already own and the same cards just to get 1~2 luk or 1~2 str from the npc.

Devil-Cry
07-10-2009, 04:10 AM
with the way stats are shaping up.. are 3 extra stats really gonna matter anyway? the enchanting really seems like a headache since it busts armor down to its base, so you cant even pick a nicely upgraded armor to try and enchant, But you can work hard for the enchant you want, and then destroy it trying to get to a nice + .... too much trouble for 3 stat points imo

Teoc
07-10-2009, 06:32 AM
Paradise quests seems to follow "where to level- renewal" guide...its important for the ones that dont have any idea where to level (will be a LOT of people by the the time renewal comes).

Hmm..TeaRs, can you tell the location of the "enchanted-item NPC" ?

Steax
07-10-2009, 11:15 AM
On that video doddler posted:
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/Steax/vlcsnap-1392414.jpg

That is HUGE. What is that? TV?

I gotta say the video makes things look awesome. I think they've successfully created quite a bit of variety... I see a lot of spells in action including stuff like thunderstorm, lol.

EDIT: Am I right to assume that they effect involving the foresight-like text glowing in a gfist style over people is Sacrament?

Here's the effect for Epilepcis (or however you spell it lol)... It certainly is simply a huge tree. I'm posting it for those who haven't seen the video and just want to see the effect in action:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/Steax/vlcsnap-1400312.jpg

Bui
07-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Comet?

Atum
07-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Its comet :)

Tetra Vortex doesnt have a groundtarget cast circle since its a single target skill.

Also, can anyone translate the following items or knows what they do?
They are sold in the testserver npc shops near mid kafra where people can buy rune stuff, poisons, books and mecha equipment.

I guess the 6th item is for Dark Chasers (paint bucket).
I'm especially interested in the wrench, which was added with the implementation of the Mechanic but it doesnt do anything, and the first three items, which are useable potions.

http://forums.irowiki.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1898&stc=1&d=1247249901

Doddler
07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Repair A
Repair B
Repair C
Monkey Wrench
Face Paint
Surface Paint
Throat Lozenge
Painful Tear

The repairs say they recover gear HP. The monkey wrench doesn't say much beyond that its used to repair equipment, the paint is obvious, needed in shadow chaser face paint and surface paint skills. Throat Lozenge is used in certain minstrel/wanderer songs, the tear is used for the minstrel/wanderer resurrection skill.

I was looking into the green pile bunker. I'm not exactly certain, but the client may show it green because its carded and the client doesn't recognize it has a usable slot. It's possible that this is a debugging thing, or perhaps intended for something down the road.

Atum
07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Hm, the Potions appear to do nothing.
They dont heal the player, they dont lower heat level, they dont get consumed by using emergency cooldown, they dont get consumed when using repair, they dont enable the Mado getting healed by priests.

@Green pile bunker : that was my guess too, that it automatically shows when a card is in a weapon/item where its not supposed to be according to the weaponslots in the weapon description.
If its really a debugging feature its a very nice idea from gravity.

Doddler
07-10-2009, 12:55 PM
The description on the monkey wrench suggests that its used for dismantling equipment, so my guess is that it may be required to take down FAWs. The description for the repairs says "Recovers Magic Gear HP by a fixed amount", so if it doesn't work, thats a bit odd.

Yoyo
07-10-2009, 01:07 PM
1,2,3 - MADO-only potions I think, but they don't do anything right now .-.
4 - Wrench? Also no idea what it does.
5 - Face paint for masquerades.
6 - Can of Paint for ground paints.
7 - Cough drop for Poem of the Netherworld.
8 - Painful Tear for Valley of Death.

Also, maybe the repair potions recover the FAW's HP? I dunno, because they definetly don't work on self right now D:

Leviant
07-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Q> is it better to get Valley of death or just bring some Ygg leaves?

bakadong
07-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Depends on what you want to do. Valley of Death can work with Evil Druid armor (iirc), but also priests with redemptio. If your party has a priest, valley of death might not be necessary; but taking off the workload off the single priest in the party may be the deciding fate for the entire party. Also, redemptio puts your priest at a pretty vulnerable situation. It's really up to your preference.

Leviant
07-11-2009, 03:16 AM
no, what i mean is, Valley eats up an item

Ygg leaf is an item

whats the point of using Valley if eats up alot of the target's sp, if i could just bring a leaf

Frost
07-11-2009, 04:32 AM
no, what i mean is, Valley eats up an item

Ygg leaf is an item

whats the point of using Valley if eats up alot of the target's sp, if i could just bring a leaf

Ygg Leaf does not revive Evil druid armored people.

Atum
07-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Q> is it better to get Valley of death or just bring some Ygg leaves?
Both have advantages/disadvantages:

Yggleaf :
-you can deal other people to res you if you die.
-Heavy
-You cant res people using undead armor

Valley of Death:
-Items are cheaper
-You can only res other people with the item which gets consumed, not yourself
-Item is not heavy
-You can res people with evil druid armor

Yoyo
07-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Also, using Yggs don't eat up your skill points and don't consume the target's SP (And most likely also resses with more HP).

Soukosa
07-11-2009, 06:23 PM
On lower SP jobs, ygg probably would revive with more HP despite yggs being res 1 and that not restoring much HP. Ygg also can't fail, barring undead armor and hell power. Its nice that they're giving these jobs some more useful supportive skills and taking the strain off of the priests but I think they also need to put more thought into things.

Atum
07-11-2009, 06:47 PM
hell power.
Does it really work on players with Hells power status?
Same with Epiclesis, does it work on people with Hells Power status?

Kyuur
07-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Has anybody checked whether quest rewards and level requirements have been adjusted? If not most, at least the New World ones? Also have they added the quest symbols to most of the NPCs? I really hope they do more with quests... the Paradise Quests are a nice start (although I can't read korean so I can't really appreciate them yet) but I'd like to see something like a quest board to show you different quests that are available to you.

Doddler
07-12-2009, 03:47 AM
hell power.
Does it really work on players with Hells power status?
Same with Epiclesis, does it work on people with Hells Power status?

This could be tested... I'll see what I can do. If at some point I'm online and there's a wanderer/minstrel handy I can give it a try.

paladinenvec2
07-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Arrrg!! +_+

I saw kro's woe clip and see many rep say that "GX is overpower".
Then i go calculate myself cause i play Crit+mix SinX currently.
I dont see anything that over power or even stronger than other job.
Right now in current sever i can crit people 4x Rhand +1x Lhand with almost 100%crit chane and with 180-182 aspd.
And with GX in new calculation with after renewal.....it appear like even wiht 100str+120agi and 70+ luk and dex about 70-80.
The damage with crit is about 4x+1x R+L hand and it lower a bit with crit damage, even crit got 1.4x but it got def% to block it.
With aspd, even GX raise agi to 120+ they just got 180 aspd with new formular.
And with crit chance, i already got almost 100% crit that stay as the same.
On the video that GX look cool just because of speed of record that show time quicken almost 3/1-5/1.
I accecp that GX got more survival ability and more max hp than SinX.
And with lv150 GX got the same damage per sec.
I dont see From the fact why people said GX is overpower or something like that.
Another reason that GX on video is look cool i think other player from other job just still in lower level and dont use the skill or option that make them to the peak level to fight with other.
With other job is forward 3 step with max hp and new better skill, but GX is still got ability to attack in term of just SinX, i concern about go to play GX after renewal.
Hope that new poison will help to close this distance.
GX's are not that overpowered really it's just that the GX's are using abrasive and a glorious katar so they don't invest in luck and make a full agi build i think that this kafra item(Abrasive) it's OP in renewal since gives 30 crit rate and crits are buffed.
They should ban this one from the KShops.

L0gnir
07-13-2009, 03:32 AM
It's not the gx that Op. It's sinX. Though i've never seen an auto-attacking 15k dps without EDP i assume that this was counted with an edp. So, could u please recount it without our fav juice. And then compare with the gx dps, ofc.

Turim
07-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Its not SinX that was overpower, its EDP. but its already fixed. That sensation they are still overpower is just bias and lack of knowledge.

L0gnir
07-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Edp, yeah. And then they rework it as an auto-attack booster, and then up auto-attacks and crits. Sure, it's already fixed!
I could also remember one-shooting lexed SD. =^ ^= it was absolutely not even close to OP!
Anyway, this thread is not 'bout sinX. Just 'm always taunted by posts about "how skill-required and interesting r 3-buttons facerolling classes"

Atum
07-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Damage-wise SD got nerfed quite a bit and people have alot more hp as 3rd classes so you wont be able to 1-shot people with lex SD anymore.

L0gnir
07-13-2009, 09:48 AM
It was already nerfed with adding up Abbey etc. cause of hp bonuses from sets, noxious and other stuff. Just mentioned it after:
Its not SinX that was overpower

kyozaa
07-13-2009, 11:41 AM
i've never seen an auto-attacking 15k dps without EDP

MR. -*-

In my opinion MR and AB is overpower far beyond edp.

Very high damage + no def cout + no dodge cout.

There is no balance before renewall with this kind of skill.

I play RO today on kvm room.

It not that any team will win with skillfull player or anything, It only up to which job they play.

Paladin MR is absolute for winner, second is scolar with full-anti-human-equipment.

If RWC is not rule that can select only 1 cha for 1 job and only lv90....well, We will see how good balance this company can do on his game.(7paladin will be the team that will be champion.)

L0gnir
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Don't quote it out of context. It lost its meaning.
I don't see anything OPed in MR (prerenewal). Without tao-gunka.
About AB - yes, it is. But not more, than edp. It just rocks a bit more on WoE.
There is no balance before renewall with this kind of skill.For sure, and not only with them.
I play RO today on kvm room.

It not that any team will win with skillfull player or anything, It only up to which job they play.

Paladin MR is absolute for winner, second is scolar with full-anti-human-equipment.

If RWC is not rule that can select only 1 cha for 1 job and only lv90....well, We will see how good balance this company can do on his game.(7paladin will be the team that will be champion.)Absolutly no. If they r not overweighted with berries they ll be pwned like kids.
Yes, if u r not going as a premade on kvm (prerenewal), the win depends on whom u get in ur team. Cause the RO now(prerenewal) was built on supports. U don't get 3 nessesary classes - if ur enemy gets em - u ll be easily outplayed.

Atum
07-13-2009, 12:23 PM
i've never seen an auto-attacking 15k dps without EDP

In my opinion MR and AB is overpower far beyond edp.

Very high damage + no def cout + no dodge cout.
Do a search for acid bomb in the renewal subforum.
In renewal Acid bomb is affected by def and mdef, i even posted a guessed yet seemingly quite accurate formula so you could estimate the damage it'll do on targets.

kyozaa
07-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Absolutly no. If they r not overweighted with berries they ll be pwned like kids.
Yes, if u r not going as a premade on kvm (prerenewal), the win depends on whom u get in ur team. Cause the RO now(prerenewal) was built on supports. U don't get 3 nessesary classes - if ur enemy gets em - u ll be easily outplayed.

I mean post renewall.
Anyway i will be happy if the things go the way that u said.

Do a search for acid bomb in the renewal subforum.
In renewal Acid bomb is affected by def and mdef, i even posted a guessed yet seemingly quite accurate formula so you could estimate the damage it'll do on targets.

Thx, but i cant find them. D:

Plz tell me where is it.

Anyway, def or mdef post renewall are much lower than pre one.

Atum
07-13-2009, 01:51 PM
http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?p=430675&highlight=acid+bomb#post430675
I believe the new acid bomb damage formula is
[0.7x(((MATK-MDEF)+(ATK-DEF))²)xVIT]/[(MATK-MDEF)+(ATK-DEF)+VIT]

I'm not sure if its the exact formula but it worked for me with all monsters i tested AB on.
Since Def and MATK reduce the damage before it gets amplified by the " ²" and before the multiplication with vit its quite possible to block the damage down alot.

kyozaa
07-13-2009, 02:00 PM
One question.

Def is status def or gear def?

Tow question.

If it was gear def, A - def mean -def% right?

Doddler
07-13-2009, 02:00 PM
That was back when attack/defense was subtraction type though. It would be interesting to see where it's at now. Amusingly you'd probably take more from it because of the way the subtraction occurred before the multiplier.

kyozaa
07-13-2009, 02:11 PM
???

Feel dizzy. @_@

I dont have much ability to consume information with many digit like you guy.(doodler,atum,yoyo,...many guy on this forum haha)

So this is not the current formular but it is nearest one?

Thx you two for rep.

Atum
07-13-2009, 02:15 PM
???
So this is not the current formular but it is nearest one?
I made this formula based on the old AB formula (which you can find here (http://irowiki.org/wiki/Acid_Bomb)) and modified it since its affected by both atk and matk now instead of int.

I cant promise that its a 100% correct formula but it worked for the monsters i tested (as i said above) so i guess its correct (for now :D).

kyozaa
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
But now def is seperate to gear def% and status def-sub, same for Mdef.

Did this formular still ok on kro now?(It has %def...-_-')

But anyway, i test if creator was str30 int100 dex100 luk60 vit100 and got some good weapon+gear.

There still 35,xxx-40,xxx to people that got 100+vit.(Oh no 1HKO, on my raw calculation. :P)

So i want to ask about the formular, if use in pvp is this damage will be half or not?(AB use to 1/2 damage on pvp and 1/2*60% on gvg pre-renewall)

It look still very scary for job that go to 3rd with mix vit but low hp-mod.....no even with high hp-mod will die with huge damage if he got some vit.

Doddler
07-13-2009, 03:35 PM
A bit off topic, but these are the paradise group quests available from the job boards.

Quests 11 ~ 25 (Exp Reward)

- Hornet Hunting (10 Hornet)
- Condor Hunting (20 Condor)
- Rocker Hunting (10 Rocker, 10 Rocker Legs)
- Wormtail Hunting (20 Wormtail)
- Spore Hunting (30 Spore)
- Thiefbug Extermination (20 Thiefbug)
- Muka Hunting (20 Muka)
- Familiar Hunting (20 Familiar)
- Feather Collection (20 Pecopeco)
- Mushroom Spore Collection (30 Poison Spore, 5 Poison Mushroom Spores)

Quests 26 ~ 40 (Exp Reward + 100-250 novice pots)

*Battle Request

- Poison Spore Hunting (10 Poison Spore)
- Smokie Hunting (10 Smokie)
- Elder Willow Hunting (10 Elder Willow)
- Coco Hunting (10 Coco)
- Thara Frog Hunting (10 Thara Frog)

* Delivery Request

- Thiefbug Extermination Delivery (Delivery from Morroc to Payon Forest)
- Honey Delivery (Delivery from Morroc to Northeast Prontera Field)
- Blanket Delivery (Delivery from Morroc to Lutie)

* Item Collection Request

- Bone Collection (10 Bone)
- Bear Foot Collection (10 Bear Foot, 5 Animal Skin)
- Bug Skin Collection (20 Wormskin Peeling and 20 Garlet)
- Animal Collection (10 Yoyo Tail, 10 Acorn, 10 Racoon Leaf)
- Cookie Collection (5 Well Baked Cookie)
- Moustache Collection (5 Pixie Moustache, 1 Mole Claw)

Quest 41 ~ 55 (Exp Reward)

- Thara Frog Hunt (20 Thara Frog)
- Cruiser Hunt (15 Cruiser)
- Kukre Hunting (30 Kukre)
- Orc Baby Management (20 Baby Orc)
- Orc Warrior Hunt (20 Orc Warrior)
- Vadon Hunt (20 Vadon)
- Megalodon Hunt (20 Megalodon)
- Marse Hunt (15 Marse)
- Cornutus Hunt (20 Cornutus)
- Mist Hunt (15 Myst)
- Shellfish Hunt (30 Shellfish)
- Marine Sphere Hunt (15 Marine Sphere)
- Phen Hunt (20 Phen)
- Orc Skeleton Hunt (15 Orc Skeleton)
- Zenorc Hunt (30 Zenorc)
- Mummy Hunt (15 Mummy)

Quest 56 ~ 70 (Exp Reward)

- Mummy (30 Mummy + 20 Rotten Bandage)
- Alligators (30 Alligator)
- Merman (30 Merman)
- Sandman (10 Fine Grit + 30 Grit)
- Savage (30 Savage)
- Thara Frog (30 Sticky Webfoot)
- Sohee (30 Sohee)
- Leaf Cat (40 Large Leaf)
- Marionette (30 Marionette + 30 Golden Hair)
- Hunter Fly (30 Hunter Fly)
- Munak (30 Munak)
- Geographer (40 Maneater Blossom)
- Dokkebi/Greatest General (30 Dokkebi Horn + 30 Trunk)

Quest 71 ~ 85 (Exp Reward)

* Sphinx
- 10 Requiem
- 10 Marduk
- 10 Pasana

* Glast Heim
- 10 Dark Frame
- 10 Evil Druid
- 10 Wraith
- 10 Raydric Archer

* Juno Area
- 20 Grand Peco
- 20 Sleeper
- 20 Goat
- 20 Harpy

* Clock Tower
- 15 Clock
- 15 Punk
- 15 Rideword

Atum
07-13-2009, 03:48 PM
AB should still deal half damage on players and is reduceable by def, mdef, race reduction gears and long range reduction gears.

Doddler
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
AB should still deal half damage on players and is reduceable by def, mdef, race reduction gears and long range reduction gears.

On the other hand, you can probably use endow to bypass immune garment again, though the whole thing is probably still reduced by GR.

Atum
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Yea but many people use Noxious in woe and Biochems cant bypass the "-10% damage from long range" feature.

kyozaa
07-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Wonder some question.

MATK of this formular is status matk or status matk*1.5 ?

I mean int*2.25 or just int*1.5 ?

ATK of this formular is str*1.2*2 or just str*1.2?

It very different between them.

If formular with atk*2.4 matk*2.25, AB in pvp with player 100 vit = ~28k>>30k. Yes this number double for monster -_-".

But formular with atk*1.2 and matk*1.5, AB to 100vit player = ~17k>>18k. On monster is ~35k.

Just rough calculation of me.

Atum
07-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Lets say a Creator with :100 str, 100 int, 100 dex, 60 luk and a +4 bloody Hurricane Fury
against a target with :
100 vit, 40+10 mdef and 250+100 def
Cranial, Beret, Noxious card, two alligator accessories

I dont know the actual atk formula, ill use the attack formula i know

[0.7x(((227*0.918-40)+(737*0.705-100))²)x100]/[(227*0.918-40)+(737*0.705-100)+100]

[0.7x(((168)+(419))²)x100]/[(168)+(419)+100]

[0.7x587²x100]/[587+100]

[0.7x344569x100]/[587+100]

[24119830]/[687]

35108 acidbomb basedamage

35108 * 0.6 (cranial/beret) = 21064
21064 * 0.8 (2 alligator, noxious card) = 16851
21064 * 0.5 (only half damage on players) = 8525 damage

EDIT : I forgot a +4 Hurricane fury would get also 28 MATK since upgrades now also give MATK, so maybe its 8600~8800 damage.

You'd need 6~7 acidbombs to kill a 100 vit RK or ~4 acidbombs to kill a warlock (maybe more, if energy coat reduces AB damage, which it should).

Acidbomb will hardly be able to 1-shot or 2-shot you anymore but still remains a highdamage longrange attack.

Lucentos
07-14-2009, 08:11 AM
I`m thinking that -Def and -MDef in AD forumula now work like multiplier of effective def reduction.

TeaRs
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Tomorrow's Patch, once again not very interesting.....Aside from the usual bugs fixes for items and equips. Sigh...more waiting.
No sign/mention of Shura skills unraveling
No sign/mention of current skill modification
Ranger's new Trap(s) will get sprite though =]

Lucentos
07-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Tomorrow's Patch, once again not very interesting.....Aside from the usual bugs fixes for items and equips. Sigh...more waiting.
No sign/mention of Shura skills unraveling
No sign/mention of current skill modification
Ranger's new Trap(s) will get sprite though =]
Renewal developers on Summer Vacation mode.:yawn:

Doddler
07-14-2009, 09:33 AM
This is information found on Ragnagate Boards. Maybe it'll give an idea of what the HP formula is now.

Base (0 vit) Max HP at level 150:
Rune Knight: 22260
Guillotine Cross: 16485
Shadow Chaser: 16485
Mechanic: 13621

It's interesting to see Guillotine Cross and Shadow Chaser with the same HP mod.

renma
07-14-2009, 10:28 AM

what? :omg:

kyozaa
07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Thx all rep.

If dont cout herricane furry, in case of want to equip thara shield, which weapon that suit to AB the most?

The final damage form formular do not reduce by def% anymore right?

Akio Otsuka
07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
This is information found on Ragnagate Boards. Maybe it'll give an idea of what the HP formula is now.

It's interesting to see Guillotine Cross and Shadow Chaser with the same HP mod.

So vit is added in % now right?

So 100 vit would be:
Rune Knight: 44520
Guillotine Cross: 32970
Shadow Chaser: 32970
Mechanic: 27242

With out any hp% gears. :omg:

TeaRs
07-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Ahhh, that explains why my Chaser has so much HP now. I was wondering what the mod was.

Atum
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow, new HP modifiers?
I wonder how the other classes will be at level 150.

If dont cout herricane furry, in case of want to equip thara shield, which weapon that suit to AB the most?
Probably battleground weapons since they are able to ignore a part of enemies def while having high atk and high +% damage vs demihumans.

The final damage form formular do not reduce by def% anymore right?
I dont really understand that question.
Since acidbomb is affected by def both armormdef (which reduces damage by %) and statusdef (which reduces the damage directly) will reduce acidbomb damage.

kyozaa
07-14-2009, 11:22 AM
So MaX HP 429,996 Is capable of solo RK with no other job buff.

No frenzy Max hp 143,332, I remember that dragon breath that skill up to hp of RK.

No Tao kunka max hp is 71666, with this much max hp, what formular for the skill?

To atum.

I mean final damage from the formular that 8,000.

Def% will reduce it again to 6,400 or not?

With no reducetion of thara + combat it is 16,000 per shot and spamable.....still very high dps.

2handed weapon and vit build will be easy for creator to eat D:.

How much spam that AB can spamable after renewall with 100dex 100int? A shot per sec , 2 shot per sec, or A shot per 2 sec?

Deimos
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
freakin' ace hp mod for SC. yay!

edit: or did they just bring GX down to our level? lol

Doddler
07-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I haven't translated todays patch yet, but there's a physical attack formula change (minor they said). Not sure if anyone wants to get some numbers for testing.

Atum
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
To atum.

I mean final damage from the formular that 8,000.

Def% will reduce it again to 6,400 or not?
I already included the %def in my calculations (check out the numbers i wrote compared to the basic formula, i put in numbers for "DEF")

With no reducetion of thara + combat it is 16,000 per shot and spamable.....still very high dps.

2handed weapon and vit build will be easy for creator to eat D:.
You'd take about 13k damage without cranial/beret and the same def but if you dont wear a beret and switch to cranial as soon as you notice a Creator targets you its your own fault when you die ;)

How much spam that AB can spamable after renewall with 100dex 100int? A shot per sec , 2 shot per sec, or A shot per 2 sec?
Acidbomb is far less spammable in renewal.
If it follows the usual casting formula it has a 0.2 second fixed casttime and 0.8 second variable casttime or maybe its one second fixed casttime, i cant test it right now since my pc with renewal broke down.

Rainiero
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
What's the new HP mod for Warlock?

Akio Otsuka
07-14-2009, 07:32 PM
3rd job quests!?

I 1st saw them on this site

http://www.ragnagate.net/character/character.php

Then on the official kRO site I found these

http://guide.ragnarok.co.kr/guide/jobIntro.asp?cate=1&typ=1&index=113

So we gotta do a quest or something? Sounds like fun :D

Wow check out the warlock one. Those npcs look cool

Doddler
07-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Some quick damage tests to find out what changed in the new formula.

versus Rocker
unarmed (37+0 atk): 61
maingauche (37+43 atk): 97
maingauche w/ 4x caramel (37+43 atk): 117
maingauche w/ fire endow (37+43 atk): 112
maingauche w/ fire endow & 4x caramel (37+43 atk): 150

unarmed (156+0 atk): 292
maingauche (156+43 atk): 346
maingauche w/ 4x caramel (156+43 atk): 385
maingauche w/ fire endow (156+43 atk): 370
maingauche w/ fire endow & 4x caramel (156+43 atk): 428

versus Whisper
maingauche w/ fire endow (193+43 atk): 37 dmg

I didn't notice anything with my rune knight. However, I tried out taekwon kid, who's unarmed attack does appear to be modified by elemental damage.

paladinenvec2
07-15-2009, 04:35 AM
It appears that % reductions cards are doing the opposite effect, it's probably a bug though...http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5460/buggeddamage.pnghttp://img521.imageshack.us/img521/598/buggeddamage2.png

Louna
07-15-2009, 09:17 AM
I tried out taekwon kid, who's unarmed attack does appear to be modified by elemental damage.But aspertio'd fist still miss ghost3 monster...
Can you (or anyone) test unarmed TK against Ghost3 monster with any endow and earth2 monster with earth endow?

TchuTchuKao
07-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Awwww nice...my Cruzader trans to acolyte high -.- wtf?

TeaRs
07-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Lol you picked the wrong option, since you can trans to any class.

@paladinenvec2
How come when shield is on, you hit MORE? o_O
Hmm last time I tried, Thara works....maybe bugged again.

Doddler
07-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I tried out taekwon kid, who's unarmed attack does appear to be modified by elemental damage.But aspertio'd fist still miss ghost3 monster...
Can you (or anyone) test unarmed TK against Ghost3 monster with any endow and earth2 monster with earth endow?

My unarmed damage with a TK went from 380 to 550 against a rocker with fire element (from warm wind)... so it might be unique to taekwon kid/master.

And yeah, when you trans, I strongly recommend you use the actual 1st job npc's (there is no quest now) instead of using the haidi (the prontera job changer) because it's difficult to tell what job you're changing to. ^^;

Rumm
07-15-2009, 11:35 AM
:?:Since status resistance can be stacked up to 100% (valk armor/diablos helm), can 100% movement speed penalty be reached (without skills that immediately impair movement at 100%)?

For example, if a target has the gx poison that cuts movement speed by 50%, and quag is placed on the target for another 50%, does that mean the target has 100% movement speed penalty? Or, does it mean the target has 75% movement speed penalty?:confused:
----------------------------------
also :slur: is the sader->high aco option (from chosing the wrong npc) intended? If so Goooooodbye high priest/AB hellooooo any other class:lv:

Doddler
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
http://ro.doddlercon.com/video/unicorn_woe-2009-07-11.html

New renewal woe video. This time it's the Unicorn Guild, I'm sure some might remember them. This time the video is captured by a warlock.

L0gnir
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
They just overlap. Can't remember any slow effect which could stack with others. Mb they ve changed it.

CGar
07-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Interesting watch... furthers my opinion that wizard will not be nearly as fun/useful to play other than precasting though :(

For the most part though, despite the video being at 2x speed most of the time, the pace of the game seems to have slowed a good deal for everyone (except GXs), which is kind of nice. Asura and AD I noticed for sure are considerably slower and less game breaking. And with noone on iRO using foods 24/7, I'm sure it will be even slower for us.

Btw, what happens 3:37 of the video, I don't understand what happens. All I see is the video recording wizard flop over and die, but her HP/SP bars are still full.

Also, towards the end of the video, there are a lot of RKs on the barricades, with quite a few of them spamming a skill, but I can't see what it is due to /effects being off, is it Ignition Break or something else?

Atum
07-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Also, towards the end of the video, there are a lot of RKs on the barricades, with quite a few of them spamming a skill, but I can't see what it is due to /effects being off, is it Ignition Break or something else?
They are spamming Dragon Breath on the Barricades.

I'm quite sad there are no Mado Mechas, even though they are heavily bugged they could do alot of damage with arm cannon.

Also while people here compain about RKs being useless i wonder why there are so many RKs running around in this video. :)

Woeing as Warlock looks damn fun, i wanna try it too!

Yoyo
07-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Also; Apparently with the new damage formula they changed the hit formula too; Before I killed 1000+ alices, constants, alicels and aliots without ever missing once on my level 129, 437 hit GX. Now I'm missing about 5~10% on every monster, including alices which are 30 levels lower, and even harpies which are ~50 levels lower.

chap
07-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm quite sad there are no Mado Mechas, even though they are heavily bugged they could do alot of damage with arm cannon.

I rly wanna see stealth field+warlock in action

paladinenvec2
07-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Lol you picked the wrong option, since you can trans to any class.

@paladinenvec2
How come when shield is on, you hit MORE? o_O
Hmm last time I tried, Thara works....maybe bugged again.
I noticed when i was mobbing kobolds they were doing to me more damage with a thara equipped, it was right after maintenance, i hope that gravity fix this soon since it really hurts my leveling.

Doddler
07-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm sad with the response from the woe video, I expected people to be a bit happier. I felt it showed that warlock was still a powerful and important siege character.

Also:

http://ragnagate.net/zboard/data/screen4/254/1247667228/2.jpg

Looks like final strike is back.

Also, a few other interesting things.

Wanderer with clothing dye (http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/flash/NFPlayer.swf?vid=2D00E98D2E263616EC9CDEE11D67F75BD 088&outKey=V12755e1db0631c6063a61aec7fc67dced3e8d3f537 a1bd67f4121aec7fc67dced3e8)

Renewal WoE (Natural Disaster Guild) - Guillotine Cross (http://blip.tv/play/AYGQt3aW8jk)

Looks like people are getting better at countering his antics. Edit: Hah, they're allied to Unicorn. :o

Joule
07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
about the öast wpe video, i can not see it correctly, it has lags and image stop.
what can i do? or my PC is so so bad?

Realus
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
XD I loved the Warlock WoE video. I just didn't have many comments about it.
(Seeing Dispell / Acidbomb cast time was nice. Seeing how RK and Warlock are doing in WoE)
Mainly I loved that I saw some huge guild vs guild choke point battles.

This GX WoE video is pretty nice and informative too.
Freezing Status + Speedpot = Normal Agi up speed? Or something close to that.

Edit: (Lol, Don't Say Lazy)
Edit2: Wow >_> That ending is a bit hax. They should have brought along a dancer to Slow Grace imo.

Neece
07-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Hey, that's the GvG room! How do you get in there, do you need to be in a guild? We tried to go there before to test if woe reductions are still there, but didn't get to enter... We need 2 ppl with diferent guilds to make sure there are no reductions, anyone avaliable?
Also, I liked the vid. WL is now a lot slower, but deadly. And look how many RKs o.o
Can't wait to see the woe with all the 3-X classes.

Atum
07-15-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm sad with the response from the woe video, I expected people to be a bit happier. I felt it showed that warlock was still a powerful and important siege character.
I am very happy with the video, Warlocks look like alot of fun :)

I especially liked the part where an enemy warlock came along and owned this Warlock in the video with Soul Expansion :D

This final strike pic is with lex aterna, right?
I wonder if it pierces def now (since its not affected by atk or weapon anymore).

Doddler
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
I wonder if it pierces def now (since its not affected by atk or weapon anymore).

I'm not sure if its with lex. I know it hits 5 times though, which means its strong either way!

TeaRs
07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Hmm the damage is relatively close to the amount of HP used times 5.

I remember that guild. Nice to see woe perspective from a Warlock point of view =]

Gio
07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Well sorry for bringing my negativism here again, but, i didn;t enjoy the video. I didn't see her doing anything a Pre-renew HW cant do better, and i didn't see her doing something amazing or important during WoE. So, yeah, for me Warlocks is still an downgraded HW during WoE.

SE kill was Epic though.

Realus
07-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I didn't see her doing anything a Pre-renew HW cant do better

Imo, a lot of the classes were stronger pre-renewal. (Well, actually I like Rangers Warg Bite and Clusterbomb)

No fair comparing insane 140dex, and the ability to be sac'ed with renewal's slower cast time with Pally's capped at 99.
(Also, a whole double matk for woe1 mindbreaking instead of only weapon attack)

Charkan
07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Playing today discovered bugs or possible news.

- Guard Skill vs Magic Skill. The guard is protected from damage magic, then images. My life drain failed and stormgust being defended.

http://i27.tinypic.com/34o6ecm.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/jhdmk3.jpg

- Flee vs Skills. Even dodge of skills, zero damage, the effects through avoidance and cut the cast. Today was very irritating but avoidance of attacks have cut the cast time. SW is ignored in the same way. Another example. Impact explosive(Raydric Skill) when not hit, push and cut the cast. =(

Devil-Cry
07-15-2009, 08:26 PM
well at the very least Gio, HW's in renewal suck something serious and are nothing compared to warlocks XD

just wave to the wizards of old, they wont exsist anymore soon except for p servers :x be that a good or bad thing lol... but you wont be weaker than HW's once the changes are in, I can promise that :o

On the ninjas.... so final strike's damage isnt amplified by Mirror image counters.... but it just hits an extra time for every counter remaining? :o

Ahina Reyoh
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Also:

Giant Majestic Goat and an Endow? Did they change Killing Stroke to use weapon attack now?

Frost
07-15-2009, 09:10 PM

I'm not sure if its with lex. I know it hits 5 times though, which means its strong either way!

Looking from the date, the absurdly high damage might be because of the recently introduced bug that racial reduction cards increases damage instead of reducing!

Inferno Nightblade
07-15-2009, 09:33 PM

Yeah, I just noticed that.

Not only that, both classes have more base than mechanics. Which is funny because as second jobs - and as transcendents - rogues and stalkers have a slightly lower modifier than blacksmiths and mastersmiths.

I wonder where RGs would fall (though that class isn't implemented yet). And actually, where AB and minstrel/wanderer would go.

Samias
07-15-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't get why blacksmiths should have a much lower mod than the thief classes >_o They do get extra fire, neutral, and earth resistance but you'd think all that physical toughness would lend itself to a larger HP mod, and their SP mod is not significantly higher than the assassins or rogues either...

A level 76 assassin with 1+4 int has 329 SP without SP gear. With 9+2 vit she has 4035 HP without HP gear.

A level 75 blacksmith with 1+2 int has 319 SP without SP gear. With 4+5 vit she has 3247 HP without HP gear.

u_u And they can wear roughly the same gear. If smiths did not have SP cheap burst damage in the form of mammonite and the stun effect for HSCR and a lot of self-buffs for damage, they would be the laughing stock of melees, and apparently Gravity has decided the best way to take this class is to make their entire skill trees of the previous classes obsolete. Or you can deal with costly turrets and SP intensive skills that are weaker than mammo but restricted to axes. The only saving grace for this class is continued use of HSCR without MADO, or arms cannon in PVM with a MADO build.

paladinenvec2
07-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Emergency Maintenance: They Fixed the % reduction Cards.

Rakutei
07-16-2009, 12:56 AM
I don't get why blacksmiths should have a much lower mod than the thief classes >_o They do get extra fire, neutral, and earth resistance but you'd think all that physical toughness would lend itself to a larger HP mod, and their SP mod is not significantly higher than the assassins or rogues either...

A level 76 assassin with 1+4 int has 329 SP without SP gear. With 9+2 vit she has 4035 HP without HP gear.

A level 75 blacksmith with 1+2 int has 319 SP without SP gear. With 4+5 vit she has 3247 HP without HP gear.

u_u And they can wear roughly the same gear. If smiths did not have SP cheap burst damage in the form of mammonite and the stun effect for HSCR and a lot of self-buffs for damage, they would be the laughing stock of melees, and apparently Gravity has decided the best way to take this class is to make their entire skill trees of the previous classes obsolete. Or you can deal with costly turrets and SP intensive skills that are weaker than mammo but restricted to axes. The only saving grace for this class is continued use of HSCR without MADO, or arms cannon in PVM with a MADO build.

Yes, lets all complain that Blacksmith and Mastersmith would be a laughingstock without skills, because they soo don't have skills, do they?

Anyway, how has Gravity made Blacksmith and Mastersmith obsolete? I bet they could still fair reasonably well against Shadow Chasers.

It's about time the Rogue classes got a chance.

CGar
07-16-2009, 09:37 AM
I have to say, that GX video was even more disgusting than the first one, and seriously makes me reconsider whether I even want to play renewal. I'm sure all of that destruction cannot be purely because of the +9 KVM katar, a good deal of it has to be the way he's stacking himself with buffs and how broken the GX class is. You say they got better at stopping him? If anything I think HE got better, and the only change was they were actually hitting him (Yoyo mentioned a new hit formula, which may account for that)

I could not count on two hands, much less six hands how many people he ONE shotted. Add the count of people he killed in two hits or less, and we're looking at the 50's. Under 5 hits? probably in the 100s

I thought EDP + Link + SB was bad, but this is easily worse by twofold if not more. There are absolutely no disadvantages now to the new GX EDP, and is ridiculously deadly. He's basically a walking asura with no mana cost

-Silence doesn't matter
-You don't need link
-The animation is a fraction of SB
-There is no delay
-You hitlock your opponent so it's hard for them to escape
-You interrupt casts
-Does not require SP

His killing is so ridiculous, at one point he killed a RK before CS even finished casting (despite him being targetted by CS before he started attacking). Nothing in the video came close to the damage he did, except for asura at the start of the video (which only took out 3/4 his health). The second asura he took (towards the middle of the video) only killed him because he had two warlocks spamming SG and comet on him (lol only took out half his health), then he died. Rangers tickled him, warlocks tickled him, and the only thing that I really saw threaten him was other GXs, but then again he seems to be better equipped so he potted and flattened them.

The one time he did get rocked was in the beginning part of the video, a scholar fiber'd him, and a RK used what I assume was Crush Strike, because he just fell over (his health appeared to stay green)

Fiber sure as hell didn't stop most of the him either, looked like he just switched to Grimtooth or CI and owned the crap out of the scholar

paladinenvec2
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah he doesn't invest points in luck because sins in kRO use Abrasive =/ ...

Ahina Reyoh
07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Looking from the date, the absurdly high damage might be because of the recently introduced bug that racial reduction cards increases damage instead of reducing!
Damn, so it was just a fluke. D: Had my hopes up for a bit.

...Yeah, recalcing the damage with the +30% from the shield, then putting all the reductions on and it's back to how it used to be.

paladinenvec2
07-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Damn, so it was just a fluke. D: Had my hopes up for a bit.

...Yeah, recalcing the damage with the +30% from the shield, then putting all the reductions on and it's back to how it used to be.
They fixed Racial Reduction cards in the emergency maintenance =D!... but the enemies still cut the casting time when they miss you ;´(

Don Norris
07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
I hope they will raise Taekwon Master hp too.It's quite absurd for a martial class to have less hp than...well, every other melee class (well, less than hunter and gunslinger, too).

Rumm
07-16-2009, 11:06 AM
(Also, a whole double matk for woe1 mindbreaking instead of only weapon attack)
huh? mindbreak only affects magic attack given by weapons now? o__o? wth...

Also cgar i didn't see a single deathbound in that vid, which is prob the best/easiest counter. Along with perfect dodge (pd kafra food perhaps) and parry

CGar
07-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Well we have Abrasive too, so technically similar results could be had on iRO

Edit:

The point being, he attacks them from behind from cloak, plus he kills everything in 1-5 hits at a fast aspd, so they don't even have time to use it. People aren't using it for a reason, Deathbound is not the endall-be-all skill to prevent death all the time. Not to mention what about the other dozen classes? They have no real defense against it either.

Doddler
07-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Well we have Abrasive too, so technically similar results could be had on iRO

Edit:

The point being, he attacks them from behind from cloak, plus he kills everything in 1-5 hits at a fast aspd, so they don't even have time to use it. People aren't using it for a reason, Deathbound is not the endall-be-all skill to prevent death all the time. Not to mention what about the other dozen classes? They have no real defense against it either.

His attack speed is actually quite low. He fails to kill just about anyone efficiently without his glorious katar aspd bonus activating. If they see him before hand, scholars stop him effectively (fiber), rangers are best cause he can't even hide (you see him throwing stones as the best thing he can do), there were a few times where a warlock kept him down effectively either by smart use of skills or just white imprison. Don't forget that his video's don't usually play at 1x speed.

http://blip.tv/play/AYGB3hGW8jk

This is the same player before renewal. You'll find he plays, and performs quite similarly, renewal hasn't drastically changed his abilities.

Realus
07-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Hm, so (Non Renewal Specific)
+9 KVM Fist and Jur are overpowered? I guess it's best they take so long to get.

Are any of the other KVM weapons that overpowering? :(

Atum
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Are any of the other KVM weapons that overpowering? :(
I'd say the best kvm weapons would be :
Glorious katar : 7% chance to get 190 aspd for 3 seconds.

Glorious spear : chance to autocast gloria domini when attacking

Glorious twohand axe : 10% chance to autocast critical wounds 2 when using HSCR

Glorious Fist : chance to make asura and zen instantcast when using fury.

And depending how Finalstrike works now also Giant Huuma Shuriken.

Ahina Reyoh
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
And depending how Finalstrike works now also Giant Huuma Shuriken.
If they change it back to use % modifiers, it would, but Doddler's screenshot was most likely the result of the shield reduction bug:

42k damage x 1.3 = ~55k

42k /2 for Lex, 21k
21k x 0.6 Cranial+Beret/Poo x 0.8 Immune, 10k PvP damage
10k x 0.6 WoE reduction, 6k WoE final damage sounds about right.

CGar
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Hmm, that video doesn't seem to want to play for me :(

Regardless, I really do not think the Katar's aspd boost is the reason he is so devastating. The fact is he is one or two shotting an absurd amount of people, in which case your aspd would not matter anyways and the aspd wouldn't even kick in. The only time when it came in handy was against RKs or other tankers that were potting furiously.

As far as people "stopping" him, in my opinion, stopping means removing them from the fight, aka killing. This GX hardly ever died, and at the worst he was only "delayed," but never stopped. Rangers hit him but did pitful damage, warlocks did better, but still pitiful damage, RKs rarely hit him, GXs were outclassed, fiber only stalled him. There were a few cuts I didn't notice on the first watch where he was clearly in a sticky situation, but he cut the video too early to see if he would die.

Anyways I'm really bored at work and have nothing to work on, so I did a rough count of how many people he dropped.

1 shot - 36
2 shot - 35
3-5 shot - 32
+5 or assisted - didn't count lol

I did my best to not count kills via skills (grimtooth/CI/SB) or if there were multiple attackers, and obviously I cannot see if all victims were at 100% health, but it's still pretty ridiculous.

One example that sticks out in my mind is at 16:20, where he finds 3 RKs and kills all 3 with 4 hits, 2 hits, then 3 hits

Devil-Cry
07-16-2009, 02:35 PM
I think the thing you're failing to realize... is that the video is sped up... and the instances where you claim he's 1 shotting or 2 shotting people, its actually like 5-7 or even more hits, just done really fast :P

CGar
07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Nope, i watched very closely and did some frame by frame slowdown to see how many animation swings he did. Also, even if he does not have 100% crit, that helps determine how many hits he does (remember that crits come in batches of two per hit).

Yes, I'm THAT bored at work, lol

Doddler
07-16-2009, 02:40 PM
His basic attacks do 1k-1.5k, with edp 4 times that in a PVP environment. If people are dying to 1-2 of his EDP hits, they must have really shitty gears or max HP. In every other woe video, the GX players are not nearly strong. And the PVP Katar aspd effect does make a difference... it nearly triples his damage per second. Players that actually can land hits on him destroy him. He was oneshotted by crimson rock on two occasions, dragon breath that actually hit him did 60%-70% of his HP, and he could barely outpot a lone ranger fixed on him. His invulnerability stems mostly from the fact that seemingly no melee characters can land a hit on him. His full gears are:

Black Cat Ears (crit damage + 10%, half defense)
Masquarade (+3% demihuman)
Gangster Mask (+5 atk)
Formal Suit (unknown card)
+9 Glorious Jahmadar
Asprika (Godly Garment, 30% reduction to all physical damage)
Variant Shoes
Battleground Medallion
Glorious Ring

In addition, he's using all stat foods, also using a recovery potion for +20% HP regen, abrasive (+30 crit/+60 crit with katars for 5 mins), and at times he uses hard candy, an item that gives +25% aspd and +20 atk for 1 minute. I'm not sure that's your "average" guillotine cross.

paladinenvec2
07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
In addition, he's using all stat foods, also using a recovery potion for +20% HP regen, abrasive (+30 crit/+60 crit with katars for 5 mins), and at times he uses hard candy, an item that gives +25% aspd and +20 atk for 1 minute. I'm not sure that's your "average" guillotine cross.
Some KShop items should be Removed when renewall hits iRO IMO, but that won't happen.(well we only have Abrasive from that list, so... only abrasive xP).

CGar
07-16-2009, 03:01 PM
O_O +60 for katars? Does the iRO abrasive work the same way?

And yeah, he's definitely jacked up on all kinds of kafra roids, but some of that is still technically possible on iRO, which still has me worried.

I realize that not every GX is going be that ridiculously stacked, and that's not what has me worried. But it only takes 1 of his kind to ruin the balance of the game. It's kind of what Iris has been facing for a while; the population is very low, and there are select fighters that pretty much devastate half of an alliance by themselves (belted LKs). Not only is one bad enough, but if two or three come at you, you're really screwed. I can see a few of these GXs doing the same on iRO when the time comes.

Doddler
07-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Actually if you look further he normally defaults Meginjard and Rogue's Treasure, but early on he switches to the medalion/ring combo for a bit for some reason. While I can't specifically tell, I believe he's using Disheart (the easiest poison to make as it has no collectable ingredients), which drops heal efficiency by 20%.

Edit: He also uses flee+30 foods in woe.

Legard
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Guard/Parry is blocking magical attacks now or it's a bug?

VJPholwanna
07-16-2009, 03:43 PM
God, tell me that's a bug...

TchuTchuKao
07-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Exist some quest guide with answers in korean languages for renewal?

Hakumei
07-16-2009, 04:39 PM

The link is somewhere around these forums.

Charkan
07-16-2009, 04:47 PM

http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=24754

TchuTchuKao
07-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks ;D

But I need with korean phrases to complete the nameless island and your required quests...(and if someone knows the phrases to complete the quest from LHZ tell me please.)

Doddler
07-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I was going to post about recent kRO population numbers, but its best that you understand what happened to the kRO servers. Originally there were 11 kRO servers.

Chaos
Loki
Iris
Idun
Baldur
Thor
Lydia
Fenrir
Sara (18+)
Urdr (PK)
Misty (opened later, flopped)

Then the first round of merges occured.

Sara
Deportai = Chaos + Idun
Sorin = Loki + Baldur
Glaris = Iris + Thor
Taeling = Fenrir + Lydia
Misty = Misty + Urdr (no longer PK)

Then second round of merges occured.

Sara
Thanatos = Deportai + Sorin
Randgris = Glaris + Taeling + Misty

There were two free servers, Baphomet and Doppelganger, but Doppelganger never caught on, and was merged into Baphomet.

Following are recent kRO population numbers.

http://www.ragnagate.net/zboard/data/screen4/251/sever.jpg

March 3rd, 5:35pm (1 week after Thanatos Merge)

Sara (427)
Taeling (148)
Glaris (112)
Thanatos (460) = Deportai (Chaos + Idun) + Sorin (Loki + Baldur)
Event (0)
Misty (24)

http://www.ragnagate.net/zboard/data/screen4/251/sever1.jpg

March 4th, 10:40pm (Just after Randgris merge)

Sara (700)
Randgris (670)
Thanatos (864)
Event (0)

http://www.ragnagate.net/zboard/data/screen4/254/090708.jpg

July 8th, 10:05 pm (3 weeks after renewal update)

Sara (870)
Randgris (1014)
Thanatos (1327)
Baphomet (3136)
Sakray (231)

http://www.ragnagate.net/zboard/data/screen4//090712.jpg

July 12th, 8:50pm (4 weeks after renewal, after free play tickets for main server ends)

Sara (976)
Randgris (1112)
Thanatos (1458)
Baphomet (3557)
Sakray (281)

Its hard not to think that renewal is actually having a positive effect on the server populations.

Frost
07-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Does this mean that renewal and the addition of 3rd classes brought many players back :D ?

@Doddler, I believe that Black cat ears' effect was updated and no longer halves defense anymore. It's somewhere in the kRO patches I believe not too long ago.

edit: Here it is.
http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=26219&highlight=black+cat

Whikebine's Black Cat Ears
Critical damage + 10%.
When dealing magic damage there's a 5% chance that magic damage will bypass magic defense for 5 seconds.
FLEE + 10.
[Def]2 [Slot]0 [Req Level] 45 [Req Jobs] All except novice

Inferno Nightblade
07-16-2009, 07:57 PM

I think a large part of the difference in HP IS the MADO, which - hopefully - should be fixed somewhat. (I've heard that mechanics are VERY buggy. Hopefully, they'll start fixing those soon.)

Technically, a large reason that assassins were granted high HP modifiers was because they WEREN'T intended to be the 80 vit+ tanks that they are nowadays. This is a class that gets +10 to agi and +2 to vit, and +15 agi/+3 vit as a trans as job bonuses, after all. (Rogues and stalkers aren't quite as extreme, but even still rogues are +7 agi/+6 vit and +11 agi/+4 vit. Plus, I think their current HP modifiers are approximately the same as a hunter/sniper.)

In essence, both classes are intended to be agility-based because...well, they're thieves. And they dodge. That's just what they do - after all, they have a built in +40 flee from being second-job characters. (Disregard for the moment that if you get any agi at all on your stalker you're an object of ridicule, and if you go agi>vit on your sinX you're also an object of ridicule.)

Of course, actuality and idealism don't always match up. I venture to say there'll be a HELL of a lot of 100 vit+ GXes and SCs. (Hell, I'll probably be one.)

CGar
07-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow that's a massive population jump :O! iRO could really use that sort of shot in the leg right now

dharma
07-16-2009, 11:19 PM
It's kind of what Iris has been facing for a while; the population is very low, and there are select fighters that pretty much devastate half of an alliance by themselves (belted LKs).
goddamn FR keeps owning iris :(
:3

Atum
07-16-2009, 11:40 PM
I was going to post about recent kRO population numbers, but its best that you understand what happened to the kRO servers.
[...]
Its hard not to think that renewal is actually having a positive effect on the server populations.
You should post that over on the iro-forums, GMs gonna drool all over the place and will try to get renewal asap :D

Very impressive how renewal made the population go up so much, i wonder how many of the new players/returning players will stay in the long run (alot, i hope) and what opinion players will have after renewal has been on the mainservers for some time.

Megiddo
07-17-2009, 03:59 AM
That Sara server just really keeps going at any time, doesn't it? Although...does it have any difference from the other servers aside from the fact that people need to be older then 18?

I suppose it is a nice thing like that, without all the 13 year olds yelling through the main chats.

Devil-Cry
07-17-2009, 04:11 AM
I know tons of people who quit who are considering coming back for renewal and 3rd classes... its like a whole new game, and I do think it will be like a difribulator to iRO once it does hit

Charkan
07-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Someone can confirm if the skill guard has defended magic before? Because I have never seen this happen before. Kyre / Parry has an effect very similar to the guard and can also be nullifying magical damage.

GTB seems to grace the new(bug?) guard.

paladinenvec2
07-17-2009, 06:35 AM
More people = more fun...

Farjax
07-17-2009, 07:18 AM
How are working Mental Strenght and Defending Aura? They are defending % yet?

also masteries like swords masteries, Demon bane still gives 30 at max lvl?( in renewal this is too low)

Soukosa
07-17-2009, 07:51 AM
I know tons of people who quit who are considering coming back for renewal and 3rd classes... its like a whole new game, and I do think it will be like a difribulator to iRO once it does hit
Renewal definitely played a role in getting me interested in the game again. I know some others as well that'd be interested in playing again when renewal comes.

Talvis&Talnis
07-17-2009, 11:33 AM
You should post that over on the iro-forums, GMs gonna drool all over the place and will try to get renewal asap :D

From what I understand from Heim, they've been messing with renewal and talking about it, but they want to wait until renewal is more finalized. He also says that they may or may not include 3rd class with it.

Devil-Cry
07-17-2009, 03:18 PM
lol that would suck so badly.... I vote no on this.

its bad enough its happening on kro, I might be biased seeing as ALL my trans characters are in the category of "not having a 3rd class yet"

But what about all the champs paladins, scholars and biochems. They are all gonna be stuck in lvl 99 if the other 3rds are all put into the game, doomed to mediocraty, while all our friends pass us up in level. and we are forced to suck in woe lol.

Wait at least till all 3rds are put in plx

CGar
07-17-2009, 03:39 PM
At the earliest, I think at least one or two more 3rds will be out before we even get it on Sakray, and I'm pretty sure the iRO GMs are going to do EXTENSIVE testing, possibly even WoE on Sakray (that would be HELLA fun for like an odd evening or something with unlimited supplies), which would allow for all of the 3rds to be released.

As far as renewal without 3rd class.... that wouldn't be too disastrous imo, it would just mean noone is godly anymore, and people might whine about that.

Doddler
07-17-2009, 05:07 PM
http://www.ragnagate.net/zboard/data/screen4/254/1247848705/3.jpg

With Lex: 85960
Without Lex: 42890

Looks like its pretty strong. :o

Atum
07-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow, thats a pretty insane damage buff.
I wonder what they changed in the overall damage formula and in the final strike damage formula to increase the damage like that.
The Ninja has ice endow.

I wonder if the LK has a fire armor or if final strike is affected by elements now (maybe similar to the usual cart-revo element improvement but still remain as neutral attack?).

Frost
07-17-2009, 08:54 PM
He hid his hp :( .

Never mind, he was the same ninja as this screenshot.

Seems like the high damage wasn't bugged after all. Maybe because of the element modifier? I don't know D:

Rakutei
07-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Renewal hitting sooner rather than later would be nice. And I'd imagine kRO and iRO would hold off from the official release of third classes until they have all be tested.

Zeca
07-17-2009, 11:45 PM
^ lol
kRO already released the third classes with the renewal, and they are still really bugged. This is Gravity we are talking about

Rakutei
07-18-2009, 12:07 AM
^ lol
kRO already released the third classes with the renewal, and they are still really bugged. This is Gravity we are talking about

It's in testing. It's hardly an official release.

Louna
07-18-2009, 05:42 AM
Renewal and 3-1 class are on the official kRO server (Sara, Randgris, Thanatos and Baphomet), not only the test server (Sakray).
Hard to say it still in testing.

Rakutei
07-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Renewal and 3-1 class are on the official kRO server (Sara, Randgris, Thanatos and Baphomet), not only the test server (Sakray).
Hard to say it still in testing.

Wow. Ok, I'd consider that really unbalanced then. Stupid move on their behalf.

Kazuki
07-18-2009, 05:58 AM
They're still kinda in testing, even on the main servers. There are still quite a few bugs and such being found on the mains. Not to mention with a larger player base and certain items not available on Sakray, Gravity can get a feeling on what needs to be nerfed/buffed/fixed/etc.

Soukosa
07-18-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't know how they could give us renewal without 3rd jobs considering that many of the higher tier monsters become well over level 100 making them much harder to kill and providing next to no exp for non-3rd jobs. The two just go hand in hand.

Doddler
07-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Nice to see you back Soukosa. :)

http://www.ragnagate.net/zboard/data/screen4/039.jpg

A random renewal pic I saw that I found amusing!

Also, new natural disaster woe video, featuring everyone's favorite godly geared GX.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/video/renewalwoe-disaster090718.html

Elvilla
07-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Why don't I see any RKs using death bound against him?

Realus
07-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Same reason the champs aren't rooting him.
Imo, they aren't thinking clearly, and are panicing. But I don't really know why.

I like how this GX actually uses Rolling Cutter, and I found it amusing when some GX started laying out Poison Smokes.
Also the GX stealing Riff and using against the minstrel... lol.

Questions!
- What's the blue glow around the GX? Is that the 150, did kRO already reach it?
At first I thought it was the Minstrel/Wanderer buffs. But those classes aren't in the main servers yet...

- He's spamming venom knife right? (The range, speed, and how the targets get poisoned)
I thought EDP didn't effect it? I remember getting hit by it pre-renewal, and not even caring about the damage. (They EDPed as I saw and fiberlocked them. Hid to grimtooth, but I stayed at 3 cells and Sighted. So all they could do is throw stone or venom knife)
If that is Venom Knife, and I'm not mistakened about it not working before. It sure likes it works now. And it looks quite powerful imo. 500% ranged damage, spammable at aspd for 1sp?

Gio
07-19-2009, 04:40 AM
That guy is actually soloing WoE most of the time, anything he targets die, and the only times he died was when he was ganged in a 6(+) vs 1 situation (and mainly 'cause of Spider web) meaning that Teamwork of a whole party is required now to kill a sinlge Gx?.

That dude is almost like a god running across WoE killing anything with easy, and i said "almost" 'cause he did show to have one weak point; Spider Web.

Nest week maint will ner Spider Web 'cause it cuases problems for Gx, lol.

And he is not even wearing a marc card... is he making fun of his "rivals"?

Lucentos
07-19-2009, 04:54 AM
He also got disabled with Warg Bite as well. Such b**ches should be locked in place on sight.

Gio
07-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Btw, according to my tests, Agility adds an enormous amount of Resistance againts Sienna Execrata.

No Agi, No Vit, No Luk = 4 / 5 succes attempts
120 Agi, No Vit, No Luk = 2 / 12 success attemps

Kazuki
07-19-2009, 05:33 AM
That guy is actually soloing WoE most of the time, anything he targets die, and the only times he died was when he was ganged in a 6(+) vs 1 situation (and mainly 'cause of Spider web) meaning that Teamwork of a whole party is required now to kill a sinlge Gx?.

That dude is almost like a god running across WoE killing anything with easy, and i said "almost" 'cause he did show to have one weak point; Spider Web.

Nest week maint will ner Spider Web 'cause it cuases problems for Gx, lol.

And he is not even wearing a marc card... is he making fun of his "rivals"?

His basic attacks do 1k-1.5k, with edp 4 times that in a PVP environment. If people are dying to 1-2 of his EDP hits, they must have really shitty gears or max HP. In every other woe video, the GX players are not nearly strong. And the PVP Katar aspd effect does make a difference... it nearly triples his damage per second. Players that actually can land hits on him destroy him. He was oneshotted by crimson rock on two occasions, dragon breath that actually hit him did 60%-70% of his HP, and he could barely outpot a lone ranger fixed on him. His invulnerability stems mostly from the fact that seemingly no melee characters can land a hit on him. His full gears are:

Masquarade (+3% demihuman)
Gangster Mask (+5 atk)
Formal Suit (unknown card)
+9 Glorious Jahmadar
Asprika (Godly Garment, 30% reduction to all physical damage)
Variant Shoes
Battleground Medallion
Glorious Ring

Like Doddler said about the last video, this is not an average GX.

At 12:19 in the recent video, he opens his equipment for a split second. You can see all of the items Doddler listed as well as a Brynhild and the Meg/Rogue's Treasure set up Doddler mentioned a few posts after the one I quoted.

Actually if you look further he normally defaults Meginjard and Rogue's Treasure, but early on he switches to the medalion/ring combo for a bit for some reason. While I can't specifically tell, I believe he's using Disheart (the easiest poison to make as it has no collectable ingredients), which drops heal efficiency by 20%.

Edit: He also uses flee+30 foods in woe.

Gio
07-19-2009, 05:42 AM
He might not be an average GX, but there are no gear that'd make any other class laugh at WoE like that, so yeah, thats a pretty lame excuse.

Yumitori
07-19-2009, 05:49 AM
Nice to see you back Soukosa. :)

http://www.ragnagate.net/zboard/data/screen4/039.jpg

A random renewal pic I saw that I found amusing!

Also, new natural disaster woe video, featuring everyone's favorite godly geared GX.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/video/renewalwoe-disaster090718.html

That's not the way one should play woe ! not even after renewal ...he doesn't even need his guild in order to keep up his buffs because of those scrolls he's using D; I want this fixed

Steax
07-19-2009, 05:53 AM
That's not the way one should play woe ! not even after renewal ...he doesn't even need his guild in order to keep up his buffs because of those scrolls he's using D; I want this fixed

It's called cash items for a reason. D:
Getting it fixed means getting rid of those cash items as a whole, lol...

Joule
07-19-2009, 06:14 AM
why does he never get dispel? this GX

AirSlash!ChaosSword!
07-19-2009, 06:19 AM
What?(1k-1.5k base,EDP=4k-4.5k dmg in 193 aspd chance that triggers often with high aspd?)6k+ base in 1 sec?edp 24k in 1 sec?poison status helps to 9k -27k in 1 sec?

People have around 15k-70k hp so most people die in less than 5 seconds.That doesnt answer the question:So what class can actually take him down head-on even with good gears?It takes a party to actually beat him.......

kyozaa
07-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Ah...

I can not to see new clip that doodler post.

My internet can not load that clip at all.

If someone can up that clip to another plz.

Thx.

Fidel5
07-19-2009, 07:56 AM
What?(1k-1.5k base,EDP=4k-4.5k dmg in 193 aspd chance that triggers often with high aspd?)6k+ base in 1 sec?edp 24k in 1 sec?poison status helps to 9k -27k in 1 sec?

People have around 15k-70k hp so most people die in less than 5 seconds.That doesnt answer the question:So what class can actually take him down head-on even with good gears?It takes a party to actually beat him.......

GXs are Gold knights, only a Gold Knight can fight another Gold Knight :heh:

AirSlash!ChaosSword!
07-19-2009, 08:37 AM

GXs are Gold knights, only a Gold Knight can fight another Gold Knight :heh:

So its confirmed?......Guillotine Cross Online :eek:

Velvet
07-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Watched the video, didn't see anyone godly, only a GX rolling over single players who tried to reach the other end of the castle Most of them being support classes. I'm sorry but if you really think what he is pulling is overly awesome or overpowered then you probably have this one thought nailed hardly into your skull: OMG GX OVERPOWERED DSADS.

Yeah anyways, what I saw in the video is what you can hardly call a woe sadly:<. Too few instances of real teamplay are showed in there. It's just a random GX playing hero and making it look like it's so easy. Believe me, prerenewal, same situation, sinxes can take single players, specially support classes out the exact same way. Nothing's really changed.

But yeah, people kinda mindlessly run around atm :/. Let's hope it changes when all the 3rd classes are out so everyone has 'even' chances and we would see more teamplay again :>

L0gnir
07-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Believe me, prerenewal, same situation, sinxes can take single players, specially support classes out the exact same way. Nothing's really changed.Yep, they could. U think it's ok and shouldn't be changed?

Velvet
07-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I've never had had to think about sinx being overpowered. If you have the right team with you, there's nothing a single sinx can do to you. Also I'm not really a single pvp person, more teamplayer. People fear them, that's the problem. If people go like: omg help sinx aaaaahh, then yes, they don't have time to react against this class. If you keep your head cool and think about it a little, everything is counterable. More than any sinx in woe, I fear more good equipped champs :P. But that's another story :>

Hakumei
07-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Yea, it's not good to be making too many assumptions atm. Besides, we haven't seen the full force of 3-2 yet...

Elvilla
07-19-2009, 01:25 PM
ib4 crit reduction skill from 3-2 classes :)

Yumitori
07-19-2009, 02:21 PM
That's not the way one should play woe ! not even after renewal ...he doesn't even need his guild in order to keep up his buffs because of those scrolls he's using D; I want this fixedIt's called cash items for a reason. D:
Getting it fixed means getting rid of those cash items as a whole, lol...

yeah but that's my point xD he could save his money if only he would stay with his party and depend on teamplay more than soloing all the time just as Velvet said. and I don't want these cash items for euRO anyway. It's not that I think he ruled this woe but just going around and killing single enemys all alone seems so wrong.

AirSlash!ChaosSword!
07-19-2009, 02:58 PM
lol,needing a party to kill a soloing gx?needing a whole guild to kill a party of gx?Sounds like renewal is the same as pre-renewal.Anyway still waiting for 3-2 class then we will see.

Yoyo
07-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Also, there are no shadow chasers on mains yet. SCs could drop the GX's atk, crit, aspd and flee to hell with masquerades, take off his godly accessories, or just shadowform him and let him die by his own attacks. Or at least manhole/chaos him and run away if all fails D:

Clogon
07-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Isn't White Imprisonment instant cast? If so why aren't the Warlocks using it to disable him?

Parasite Eve
07-19-2009, 08:02 PM
I believe it is instant cast, either way he caught practically everyone off guard being cloaked+speed potting everywhere, not alot of people are gonna be able to react in time lol.

Devil-Cry
07-19-2009, 10:24 PM
if people were organized (which is so hard to come by in a mob of more than ...3 people.

Would this scenario work against said godly equipped GX:

2 people Scholar/scorceror, ranger.

Ranger traps the GX with warg bite, Scholar makes sure Ranger never runs out of SP. Ranger keeps GX locked with Warg bite. Entire guild ignores him and wipes out his team+emp, unless he Bwings.

would that work? givin people were smart enough to do that? and not try to kill him only to get EDP'd or whatnot?

AirSlash!ChaosSword!
07-19-2009, 11:33 PM
i thought scholar use spider web.

Devil-Cry
07-19-2009, 11:53 PM
fiberlock has nothing on warg bite.

Fiberlock only holds for 4 seconds, warg bite is much longer, and warg bite prevents the character from using hide, and doesnt require an item.

Warg bite = Super ultra delux Fiberlock.

However, if 2 RK's came along, Scholar could Double fiberlock the sin... so the two knights can both D. Breath him, Both hits will be x2 damage. Prolly instant death.

Velvet
07-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Dispel and laugh at his wasted mats:P
Agi down, also Slow Grace, Quag are your friends. In the video there was this ONE time, where he got quaged and he instantly cut the video. (Guess why :P) Also Battle Chant debuffs can be used when the guy is locked up with whatever there is to lock up with. Also I don't know if they've changed anything about Vital Strike but this could theoretically also cause very very mean debuffs. Nothing's impossible, it's just a matter of thinking straight.

L0gnir
07-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Hehe, remember the idea of 1rst professions guild on normal woe. "Run to their lp, shover them with curse status, get their bragy, nuke the bragy, nuke the casters" : ) Ofc, that was real. Most of players in RO don't even use half of their brain in woe. If u play like a god - u can do anything.
The question is: Are the GX and "every other 3rd job" equal? Talking about same gears and same buffs ofc.
I know that gravity haven't balanced the actual pvp part of the game yet, so it's too early to talk about class balance. But...just complaining about people talking like this "godly" gx is ok, and we should think about how counter him. Most of all laughed at "Would this scenario work against said godly equipped GX: 2 people Scholar/scorceror, ranger". Hunting squad ^ ^

CGar
07-20-2009, 09:09 AM
@Video

GX still needs to be hit with the nerf hammer, no excuses. It should not require 6 people to 'maybe' kill a GX, and he shouldn't have a KD ratio of like 15:1

L0gnir
07-20-2009, 10:09 AM
A question to GXs. How d'u fill urself without EDP? Mostly, duels and arena.

CGar
07-20-2009, 10:30 AM
There were two odd things I never understood about EDP

1) Why is the chance to hurt yourself really bad done during the making of the EDP, rather than the enchanting? If you could randomly get hurt really bad while using EDP, that would be much more logical

or

2) If kept the current way, why not add a re-use delay?

I don't think EDP would be such a problem if you couldn't be in EDP 24/7 with no drawbacks (assuming you have the supply), whereas nearly all other super moves do have drawbacks (except maybe acid bomb, but it's way more expensive)

omnimon3000
07-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Ohhh, I like the suggestion on having EDP cool down ^^

I vote +1 for this sugesstion.
Make it a 2 minute cooldown and EDP will be balanced a little more. By the way the cooldown timer starts immediately after you use EDP.
also this way GX will be kind of have an incentive to get the poison research for the extra seconds ^_^

CGar
07-20-2009, 10:46 AM
The reuse timer would have to be after the skill ends, seeing as EDP already lasts about 2 minutes, there would be basically no delay anyways. Plus it would need to follow the example of Frenzy/Asura no SP regen taking place after the skill ends

TchuTchuKao
07-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Ohhh, I like the suggestion on having EDP cool down ^^

I vote +1 for this sugesstion.
Make it a 2 minute cooldown and EDP will be balanced a little more. By the way the cooldown timer starts immediately after you use EDP.
also this way GX will be kind of have an incentive to get the poison research for the extra seconds ^_^

Just force EDP to poison element,it's logical since this is a POISON,and it's nerfed and balanced...and goodbye GX.
I have pity that happen...A Sinx without edp is nothing and will never take a chance to kill anything,so as a GX.
Hope this never come true,cuz I want to kill them with full power.

Steax
07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I agree that EDP should be forced poison element... It is a poison, anyway. That gives a proper way to reduce it...

Doddler
07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Again on the GX discussion, you should notice that he not only destroys every other class, he also completely destroys other guillotine crosses. It should tell you something when he's not matched by anyone of his own class.

Anyways, a new woe video. You should let it buffer as it was rendered in absurd quality (800mb for 15 mins of video). This time around is 'The Way' guild, recorded by a mechanic.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/video/20090718-kRO-The_Way.html

L0gnir
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I have pity that happen...A Sinx without edp is nothing and will never take a chance to kill anythingAll the duels (and little tournaments) were with sinxes with no edp. They were still one of the best. Have no idea, how u can call sinx "nothing".

Iruga Niisan
07-20-2009, 02:53 PM
* Nerfing EDP; do not exhaust yourself this much, tell simply that remove EDP from RO :) Before commenting on something first try to notice the logic.SinX does not enchanting his weapon with poison bottle.He's directly drinking it which makes much difference.

Nobody is that stupid to waste 300k while he knows his rivals will simply switch armor.

@Lognir

He's somehow right because a sinX's aspd is under 180.Except SD build,

- Pump EDP and high chance to kill many classes easily
- Don't pump and high chance to die or be disabled easily

Renewal is exist to correct this mistake.

Milodon
07-20-2009, 03:07 PM
can somebody translate the description of this item please?

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8287/sc123.jpg

Atum
07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Where did you get this item?:o