PDA

View Full Version : Champion: Solo/Duo MvP Build/Gear

Cherub Resin
05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
I never MVPed on my monk and it's up to champ now. I want to be able to MVP solo (or with my HP dual cliented) or in small parties mostly. It would be nice to do higher end MVPs too but I don't have a steady party for that.

I'm getting the morpheus set first because it's cheap and works well. With morpheus set the only decent way to get extra str is through armor. I had some people tell me not to bother with more than 91 base str but I'm a sucker for 99 str. If I get a +2 str diabolus robe (of wildcat probably) I could have a +11 bonus and make use of 99 str but I'm not sure it's really worth it. I also want a lot of int but I'm not sure how much dex I'll need or if I need any vit or what.

91-99 str
85+ int
50ish dex?
1 vit

I was thinking of 99 str 99 int 25 dex.. I have 25 dex on the champ now and the gfist cast is pretty slow but not horrible. I guess all that matters is I can get the gfist off without dying during cast time and I don't think that will happen much.

For gear what's the next step up from morpheus set? Maestro RWH/DressHat/PurpleCowboy and Diab Rings of muscle? I have no idea. Also what weapons are the best? I was planning on using titan until I save up for AK cards but I don't know if I should make +9 lich or +7 luna for titan or liberation. I have sup valk shoes if I need a str bonus for some kind of gear but I'd assume variants will be better no matter what? I'm not sure what buying priority would be either. Seems like getting incubus sunnies will cost 1bil+ and won't make as much of a difference as other things. Wise sunnies seems stupid - they're half the price of incu and half the sp. I've got a +7 nyd garb also. I dunno if that's better than morpheus shawl.

I'll probably be randomly checking all kinds of different solo-able MVPs and not really camping anything. And I'll probably solo BBs a lot.

School me plz

Beanie
05-05-2010, 10:51 AM
I'd get like 70 int 75 dex if you can. It shouldn't make much of a different in fist damage, but it'll make a HUGE difference in cast time. If you're ever doing something like hibram ifrit randgris etc they'll kill you way before you get fist off, even if you spam pots.

I'm pretty sure if you can get 2 drings, nyd garb and a maestro purple cowboy or maestro red wing you're better off than morph set. Also robo eyes if you can't afford wise sunnies

Gouki
05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Honestly, many mvp champs goes for 99 str base. That str build seem to fit in with a lot of gear in trying to hit 120 str.

With accesories, you can go for diab rings (best), or alternatively phen ring or vesper core 2 (just try to hit the next str bonus). But most time, if you don't have access to diab ring, chances are morpheus set is better.

Morpheus shawl > garb when it comes to getting more sp. Although if you feel like dying a lot before pulling out a fist, garb does well too.

When it comes to str bonus, its nice to stick to variant. If you need the extra bonus, take out mid gear and use angel/evil wing ear. Like you also mention, +str diabolus robe also works.

I've been using size lunakaligos and its been working well for me in mvping. I don't suggest going for +9 lich anymore, but instead go for +8i-9ish triple Lib lunak. Also worth mentioning i think, if you don't have the liberation weapon yet, bg weapon (demi human mvp only) gives +1 str in case you really need the str bonus, or you've been using angel/evil wing ear to get the str bonus. In that case, replace the midgear with robo or something else.

Its nice to have a base dex of at least 50x, which totals to about 70ish with bless+job bonus. Vit at 1 base should be ok as a champ, well that's my thought anyway. 99 str base, rest to int.

Solarcow105
05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
99 str isn't really worth getting if you have access to full god items (IE 2x belts + bryn), since with those you won't be hitting your strength bonus without food. If you don't have access to all 3, then 99 str is perfectly fine.

A +7 uncarded garb is about the same damage as a morph shawl, but provides a lot better reductions. A +4 aliot garb > morph shawl in terms of damage. A +7 immune garb is nice for small MVPs, especially when surviving can be important on champ.

If you want a generic size weapon, a lich wand can be nice since it's considerably cheaper than a luna. Best option for size weapons, in terms of damage, would be a luna though.

As far as my testing goes, +9 PCH > Redwing > dress hat, at least for fisting.

The "ideal" gears for a champ at this point in time are, not including god items/MVP cards:

+9 carat PCH
incu sunnies
pirate dagger
+2/3 str dia robe of wildcat/ifrit/evil/unfrozen (elemental armors can be nice for low tier MVPs and if you have 91 str, i'd say go +3 dex dia armors instead so they can be used on other classes)
+10 aliot nidd mant (+7-9 is probably fine too and quite a bit cheaper)
variants
+10 trip AK luna
Alice valk/stone buckler
2x dia rings (1 phen, the other is a crap shoot. Some people say nimble, others say muscle, i've even heard people say galion ones if you do ktul/hatii a lot)

Ideally, the goal should be to work towards those gears, but you can also substitute cheaper ones in until you get better ones. Variants are fairly inexpensive to get and provide a substantial boost. Dia robes are also fairly inexpensive, but more expensive with stat enchants. A titan weapon is a cheaper alternative to a AK one, and you could probably make a +7 trip titan luna for not terribly expensive (or a +9 double titan lich wand for even cheaper, but lower damage). A carat bbcap, i'm pretty sure does more damage than the morph set, and is still fairly cheap (would have to calc it out). Other than that, if you can kill SM, you can get the +50 sp accessories in lew of dia rings.

Beanie
05-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Doesn't aliot give +2 int to aco class?I would think giant whisper garb would be better.

TwilightsCall
05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Aliot gives +2 Int and +5% Max SP to acolyte classes, effectively giving a champ +7% Max SP.

Sev'ii
05-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Morpheus set is good keep getting that

For nyd garb, it is 10 sp per upgrade and a max of 33 sp from your lvl.
A 7+ garb is 103 sp, so a morpheus shawl (+10%) sp is almost always going to be better for a mvp champ,
assuming you have 2k+ sp

A tri size luna is a good weapon to get (mino)

Drobe is good if you dont have/cant rely on having one (porcellio card)

Plan your build without counting your armor or accesories, as you will hopefuly be able to get access to bryn / megs/ BC stats sometime

STATS:
91 str this is good, does not need any adjustments so you can use gears like meg, +10 str food, etc without any problems

int 85 this is a good amount of int

Dex 50-90 dex This should be a good amount, if you can afford it go up to 90~ if not dont go below 50

If you can tell us which server you are on please do so

L a h e e n
05-05-2010, 05:29 PM
well my mvp build champ personally has 98 base str 89 dex and 49 int. uses mantis dring to get str bonus/mantis phen, and uses +9 maestro purple cowboy hat.

Cherub Resin
05-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm on Ymir server and I'm the leader of Neverend which is a non-woe guild so I will probably never have access to Megs unless I find an MVP card and trade. My +7 nyd garb has a deviling card in it so it's probably not good for MVPs that have a lot of elemental attacks... idunno! I'm kind of a penny pincher but I make good money in the places I level. I just don't quite have god-item income. Right now I'm just getting a +4 morpheus set because I plan to replace it pretty quick. I guess my buying priority order is:

+7 Triple Titan Luna
+7 Triple Boned Luna
+9 Triple AK Luna
+2/3 Str enchanted Diab Robe of Wild Cat
+9 Maestro PBH (Although I thought depending on your build RWH could be better?)
Phen Diab ring
Diab ring of something else
Incubus sunnies

I already have variants and sup valks. Next up Tanee diab boots :>

My stat build will be 99 str, 83 int, 56 dex (and 2 vit). I think that looks pretty good. Since I will rarely do valk/ifrit/beez/SM kind of stuff I don't think the dex will kill me.

Not sure about final skill build but I have plenty of time to think about that.

Snap
Occult 5
MS 5
Root 5
TSS 4

Maybe it would be better to get MS 4 and TSS 5. I just want root so I can party people in bio stairs but I could do without it I'm sure.

TwilightsCall
05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
I would highly recommend getting TSS 5. It really helps a lot when you're BBing and you get something like Thanatos, or when you miss killing an MVP by a few thousand damage and you don't want to waste a berry/your time getting full SP.

It also opens up the ability to kill Ghost Incarnations if you ever choose to go to Dimensional Gorge.

Sev'ii
05-05-2010, 06:57 PM
I am pretty sure you can get all of the skills on a champ (excluding combos)

Checked on himeyasha job 62
Snap
TSS5
Occult 5
Root 5
Gfist 5
Zen
MS 5

ChrisTurk
05-05-2010, 08:59 PM
yup and then you can get a higher agi if you want

Solarcow105
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Doesn't aliot give +2 int to aco class?I would think giant whisper garb would be better.

What twilightscall said. +5% sp makes it > giant whisper.

Morpheus set is good keep getting that

For nyd garb, it is 10 sp per upgrade and a max of 33 sp from your lvl.
A 7+ garb is 103 sp, so a morpheus shawl (+10%) sp is almost always going to be better for a mvp champ, assuming you have 2k+ sp

With aliot, +4 garb > morph shawl in terms of SP gained and you get -7% damage.

My stat build will be 99 str, 83 int, 56 dex (and 2 vit). I think that looks pretty good. Since I will rarely do valk/ifrit/beez/SM kind of stuff I don't think the dex will kill me.

IMO, more dex and less int. Higher dex has its advantages in low tier MVPs as well. Casting faster makes it easier to get a lex in for comp, and it makes it easier to solo (less time tanking the MVP itself, assuming you're going with no priest at all). The damage difference if you got slightly higher dex probably won't even be that noticable and its generally easier to play a higher dex champ..

With your proposed 99/83/56 build, you'd do about 196k on a MVP with the gears I posted (not including RWH or PCH since they aren't in calc).

With the same gears a 99 str, 60 int, 80 dex build would do about 186k.

It's 10k damage difference with a difference of about 0.4 seconds in cast time for gfist (1.23 sec vs 0.83 sec with phen on) as well as lower casting time for zen.

Cherub Resin
05-06-2010, 05:11 AM
I have heal 10, bless 10, and agi up 10 already :( I'll probably end up buying a neuralizer. I looked at some lower int builds and I think I'll get 65 int and 76 dex. And I noticed you put +10 Alion nidd mant in that gear... wtf. I'm sure when the time comes for that I'll get a +7.

Thanks for the responses guys :)

Solarcow105
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
I have heal 10, bless 10, and agi up 10 already :( I'll probably end up buying a neuralizer. I looked at some lower int builds and I think I'll get 65 int and 76 dex. And I noticed you put +10 Alion nidd mant in that gear... wtf. I'm sure when the time comes for that I'll get a +7.

Thanks for the responses guys :)

I did say the "best" gear, so of course a +10 nidd mant is the best atm (though not overly realistic).

junta-kun
05-20-2010, 03:28 AM
For diabolus robe, what kind of enchant would be good for a mvp build champ then?

Anti
05-20-2010, 06:30 AM
If you need the Str to get a bonus, enchant it with str (as much as needed, 3 would be the best ofc.)

If you only want to use it for your MvP Champ and dont need it for other classes int.

If you want to use it for other classes and dont need the str, get dex enchant.

Artimus
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
I would highly recommend getting TSS 5. It really helps a lot when you're BBing and you get something like Thanatos, or when you miss killing an MVP by a few thousand damage and you don't want to waste a berry/your time getting full SP.

It also opens up the ability to kill Ghost Incarnations if you ever choose to go to Dimensional Gorge.

You forgot, it helps if you duo Niddhog. With your low dex, you want to kill the Water things fast so he doesn't pull a full heal off.

Rccc
05-20-2010, 08:20 PM
what is the PCH hat?

Sev'ii
05-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Purple cowboy hat
Slotted
+50sp +2int + 2vit

with carat at 9+ its really good for Gfist sans bryn+morph combo

Zarivaya
05-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Don't get 56 base dex. That is WAY too low. You will want to kill yourself with how slow that cast is, even without phen/morph set, moreso if you had them on.

And not just killing yourself, you will also actually die to MVPs etc before you can get your fist off.

Caturday
05-21-2010, 06:17 AM
I m not really into it but i can tell how low dex is bothering
(especially if you ve been once addicted to high dex casters)

junta-kun
05-21-2010, 08:00 AM
just made my own +2 dex d.robe.

We were doing some BB the other with my champ (8x dex) and another pure mvp champ. I think we were both using the morph set but my cast was considerably faster :) almost 1.5 times faster than the pure mvper. I might not have as much int as him but i make up for it in gears to boost damage (+9 lbw, porc card, maybe variants too)

What is your guys max SP when mvping? Mine is 2k, not sure how much support scholars have, but the one i partied before only had like 1.6-1.7 :s

Solarcow105
05-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Grats on the robe. I believe my champ's SP is around 2.3-2.4k with no belts.

A decent support scholar will switch out gear to get the SP needed to fill a champ while MVPing. There's a ton of equips that a scholar can increase their max SP (including morph set and a lich wand). With 1 base int on a scholar you can get something like 2.8k sp with morph set + lich wand + dia robe + variants.

Edit: Also addressing Zarivaya, even on a low dex + 1 vit champ, you can outpot most low tier MVP's damage, long enough to get a phen'd fist off. I agree though that high dex is nicer.

Zarivaya
05-21-2010, 12:36 PM
All champs especially mvp ones should be aiming to kill nyd nowadays. There's just no reason not to. Low dex won't cut it with him. You will not be killing the water rooms quick enough on occasion with such low dex, and will cause him to full heal.

Sev'ii
05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I dont usually have any trouble in the water rooms for nidd, the most difficult part is the 12 guardians in the lake

Any dex is only required when you are Gfisting nidd before he starts full healing

This is all with an HP, though, soloing it is a different story,

On the other hand low str, may be problematic as it may make oneshotting lex'ed difficult

Flamerhino
07-30-2010, 12:27 PM
i've never killed nidhogg before, what's a good amount of base dex for a champ if by any chance i want to mvp him?

L a h e e n
08-17-2010, 08:19 AM
69+