PDA

View Full Version : RO2: Ragnarok Online 2 General discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Marylain
10-13-2010, 02:07 AM
I will be able to listen it, but I don't understand a word of korean...

meringue
10-13-2010, 10:08 AM
I disagree to a certain extent. It's more of a complaint about RO2 becoming more generic and losing the uniqueness that RO1 had. RO1 had many defining features and RO2 modernizes it, making it less fun or quirky and comparable to all the other MMO's on the market. That is, they aren't putting enough features in to compensate for the removal of RO1's features, which leads to a bland game.

RO2 is only in beta stage, wouldn't it be unfair to judge the game where changes and modifications are still on-going very actively?

There is a translated interview with the developers of RO2, I saw quite some "old features" coming back such as card system, mounts and stuffs. Isn't that quite the assurance for a game which is yet to even finish beta phase? I would doubt that RO1 was a "unique" game when it was this stage, and I'm sure Gravity had took the lesson from why RO2 GotW failed.

Trying to remake a game from scratch using a totally different engine isn't easy, when adding the pressure that this is "RO", it makes it even harder for the developers to develop something better, give them some tolerance. I'm sure, making RO1 into 3D will end up being a copy and thus being abandoned. Heck, it is called RO2 and not RO1 3D.

I admit, I have yet to play RO1, so pardon my bluntness on certain issues.

I never said it was going to be easy, and I respect the devs for attempting to mesh old school with new. It's just that the 'new' is only new to RO and not anywhere else. They've also removed somethings that define RO, like full stat customization. So this current build is basically a generic 3D MMO peppered with a few RO1 mechanics. I completely understand that the game is actively being built, I'm only stating my opinion on its current form.

What do you think about RO2 right now? Do you think it looks interesting or fun? Does it feel fresh? To me, it doesn't.

By the way, RO1 was very unique for its time and remains so.

jason4
10-13-2010, 05:35 PM
So when is R02 officially being released? Anymore details?

Closed beta again in November or December.

Frost
10-13-2010, 07:48 PM
So when is R02 officially being released? Anymore details?

Closed beta again in November or December.

I think you've just answered your own question.

Methias
10-14-2010, 02:28 AM
I disagree to a certain extent. It's more of a complaint about RO2 becoming more generic and losing the uniqueness that RO1 had. RO1 had many defining features and RO2 modernizes it, making it less fun or quirky and comparable to all the other MMO's on the market. That is, they aren't putting enough features in to compensate for the removal of RO1's features, which leads to a bland game.

RO2 is only in beta stage, wouldn't it be unfair to judge the game where changes and modifications are still on-going very actively?

There is a translated interview with the developers of RO2, I saw quite some "old features" coming back such as card system, mounts and stuffs. Isn't that quite the assurance for a game which is yet to even finish beta phase? I would doubt that RO1 was a "unique" game when it was this stage, and I'm sure Gravity had took the lesson from why RO2 GotW failed.

Trying to remake a game from scratch using a totally different engine isn't easy, when adding the pressure that this is "RO", it makes it even harder for the developers to develop something better, give them some tolerance. I'm sure, making RO1 into 3D will end up being a copy and thus being abandoned. Heck, it is called RO2 and not RO1 3D.

I admit, I have yet to play RO1, so pardon my bluntness on certain issues.

I never said it was going to be easy, and I respect the devs for attempting to mesh old school with new. It's just that the 'new' is only new to RO and not anywhere else. They've also removed somethings that define RO, like full stat customization. So this current build is basically a generic 3D MMO peppered with a few RO1 mechanics. I completely understand that the game is actively being built, I'm only stating my opinion on its current form.

What do you think about RO2 right now? Do you think it looks interesting or fun? Does it feel fresh? To me, it doesn't.

By the way, RO1 was very unique for its time and remains so.

I'll only talk about things you have specifically said, like the removal of stats. Well, the recent interview said that they are still developing and revising about the removal of stats.

The other thing is, you said you were stating your opinion, but in the previous quote you seem to be saying you are complaining. Honestly, I would say complain and stating an opinion are different things.[Bolded for convenience] You said they were not putting enough features to compensate and how modernizing it would make it less fun and quirky, which I said they were still in beta phase. Isn't it unfair to even "complain" when the game has yet to even reach that stage of content development, where they are still revising about character design, basic mechanics of the game? I just don't see the justification in your previous post to explicitly and hastily say the RO2 is going to be a bland game.

Couky
10-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Someone on an another forum saw Gravity Livestream : http://ro2legend.com/forums/ragnarok-online-2-news/160-gravity-live-stream-ragnarok-online-2-details.html

Gravity is currently working on tweaking the visual design of RO2.
The Producer mentions about how some users complained about character design , server optimization, and contents.
Closed Beta Test 2 will be around 2010 December ~ 2011 January.
RO2 characters will have gender selection as well. Most likely around in Open Beta Test.
They are still discussing developing a customizable STAT system similar to RO1. (Yay!)
As soon as CBT was finished, the character design team started doing a lot of work, and they are still discussing the final character design its self.
They are also currently developing 'inter-zone-chat system' where a chatroom can be reached from any part of the server.

I really hope that the custom stat system will be on Ro2 :p

Sid
10-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Whats with Character Design?

They are pretty good already.

Don't waste time with this .-.

Marylain
10-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Pretty good?!
I think they are far war worse than GotW charas...

Warrorar
10-15-2010, 02:08 AM
Pretty good?!
I think they are far war worse than GotW charas...

then play alaplaya. the new character designs are awsome.
if you want cuttie characters you can play ever mmog for kids from age 6 to 10. they have all the same style.

Marylain
10-15-2010, 02:50 AM
I don't mind if the design is "mature".
The fact is that the new LotS charas were totally unexpressive... they were like dolls with no emotions.
Put them a "soul" and they will be perfect.

Warrorar
10-15-2010, 04:37 AM
I don't mind if the design is "mature".
The fact is that the new LotS charas were totally unexpressive... they were like dolls with no emotions.
Put them a "soul" and they will be perfect.

xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1d3tQhA94

this Video shows all Emotions. and now compare these emotions with the one from the cuttie RO2-GotW emotions where the characters have eyes big like there heads....

quima21
10-15-2010, 05:56 AM
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1d3tQhA94)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1d3tQhA94

this Video shows all Emotions. and now compare these emotions with the one from the cuttie RO2-GotW emotions where the characters have eyes big like there heads....

If that's not emotion, I don't know what is.

Marylain
10-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Lol?!
These emoticons are copy&pasted from GotW models.
Same movements, same gestures (so you should say thanks to the characters with big eyes and heads) EXCEPT the facial expressions.
Look carefully the faces of LotS characters: they stay almost THE SAME for EVERY feeling expressed... angst, sadness, happiness and so on.
Then, look GotW faces and try to tell me they are not full of feelings and life - actually GoTW characters were ABLE to smile and cry.
Can LotS do the same?
The reply is pretty simple: NO.

EDIT: And what about the details of the mouth? You can even see tooths and the troath!

Deses
10-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Watch twice, mouth expression changes with every emotion and eyebrows and/or how much eyes are closed change with most emotions as well.
I'm glad there isn't more detail. With such tiny mouths and that anime style, showing teeth as well would look kinda creepy.

And point is, they aren't "soulless" and unexpressive.

meringue
10-15-2010, 03:11 PM
I'll only talk about things you have specifically said, like the removal of stats. Well, the recent interview said that they are still developing and revising about the removal of stats.

The other thing is, you said you were stating your opinion, but in the previous quote you seem to be saying you are complaining. Honestly, I would say complain and stating an opinion are different things.[Bolded for convenience] You said they were not putting enough features to compensate and how modernizing it would make it less fun and quirky, which I said they were still in beta phase. Isn't it unfair to even "complain" when the game has yet to even reach that stage of content development, where they are still revising about character design, basic mechanics of the game? I just don't see the justification in your previous post to explicitly and hastily say the RO2 is going to be a bland game.

In the RO2's current state, stats are fixed. I am going off what is available. What are you being so defensive for? I may have stated only a few gameplay issues that I am disappointed about, but a lot of what I don't like has already been said. The art and graphics need major tweaking. The combat is extremely generic and slow. Nothing feels new and at the same time almost nothing feels nostalgic either. It's a poor game. Beta testing is used to tweak, balance, and add things to the game. I understand that. But beta testing is also a form of interaction between company and consumer. It's a statement: "Look. This is what we have!" And it looks fucking terrible.

Seriously, I can't express my feelings about RO2 in an RO2 discussion thread?

:stir::stir::stir::stir::stir::stir::stir::stir::s tir::stir::stir:

yakumo-chan
10-15-2010, 11:59 PM

In the RO2's current state, stats are fixed. I am going off what is available. What are you being so defensive for? I may have stated only a few gameplay issues that I am disappointed about, but a lot of what I don't like has already been said. The art and graphics need major tweaking. The combat is extremely generic and slow. Nothing feels new and at the same time almost nothing feels nostalgic either. It's a poor game. Beta testing is used to tweak, balance, and add things to the game. I understand that. But beta testing is also a form of interaction between company and consumer. It's a statement: "Look. This is what we have!" And it looks fucking terrible.

this is true.....

we only complain because we love ragnarok so much.....
it doesnt mean we hate the game, but we want ragnarok to be succesful..
to be the only one to beat world of warcraft...
we want ragnarok to be a great game, thats why we complain.

but you guys are replying like "If you dont like RO2 play other game"
you guys are also saying like its already perfect when its not....

look what happened... it seems like they are bringing the stats back...
see what I mean???
it seems they are wrong about the auto stats....
and for those who reply to me that auto stat is much better than manual stat?
well... take a look... it would seem that gravity is changing it...
they might change the looting system also since some of the CBT players dont like it also......

see?? its still not better....
actually... what we should we do is to look for the weak spots of RO2 right now... the bad ones...

since Gravity is listening to us..... we should tell them what needs to be change.....
and dont try to judge us since we know what we like and we dont like....

and the ones who are saying like RO2:LOTS doesnt need changing and its already perfect,
are the ones who hate Ragnarok and doesnt want it to be successful.....
we complain because we love the game

Deses
10-16-2010, 06:01 AM
and the ones who are saying like RO2:LOTS doesnt need changing and its already perfect,
Are we posting in the same boards? I'm yet to see ONE person saying that.

look what happened... it seems like they are bringing the stats back...
see what I mean???
it seems they are wrong about the auto stats....
and for those who reply to me that auto stat is much better than manual stat?
well... take a look... it would seem that gravity is changing it...
Eh, were you listening to developement notes? They didn't want such a hardcore system as RO1, but they didn't want to make it 100% authomatic either. By the time CBT1 came, the system wasn't designed yet, so they had to put something in hold.

Methias
10-16-2010, 06:25 AM

Expressing feeling is just rephrased into something cordial from whining, and no one wants to hear whines.

I just hoped your comments were actually as constructive as how your recent reply was, then we would be discussing whether is the combat gameplay slow? character design bad? and not some stupid garbage that im trying to say here which has no relevancy to the thread.

You are right on the beta phase, and why are you saying it here? Hoping some developers from Korea would surf the internet and bump into your post? All they will see from your post is how RO2 is not as good as RO1 and is going to be a bland game, but rather not how it should be improved.
and mind you, like you said, this is an RO2 discussion thread, not a complain thread nor express your feeling about RO2 thread. maybe i have not yet adapt myself into this forum's community communication style.

I'm just as passionate as you guys about RO2 since I have not played a good MMORPG since 3 year, I too expect something good from Gravity seeing their previous success in RO1. anyhow im gonna stop replying, i hope you will too in respect of me as a forumite here.

yakumo-chan
10-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Are we posting in the same boards? I'm yet to see ONE person saying that.
what I mean wasnt the word "perfect"
but other people here like you are like saying that RO2:Lots doesnt have any weak points at all....

Eh, were you listening to developement notes? They didn't want such a hardcore system as RO1, but they didn't want to make it 100% authomatic either. By the time CBT1 came, the system wasn't designed yet, so they had to put something in hold.

here you go

Jin-soo: Anyways, because there's a lot of different points to manage like Skill Point and Chara Points, your individual stats in RO2:LotS, unlike RO are gained automatically.

some just dont know what's good and bad...
or you guys just doesnt want RO2:LOTS to be a success?
sorry but I just wanted RO2 to be a great game

this is an RO2 discussion thread, not a complain thread nor express your feeling about RO2 thread.then someone should create one since we need it

Jinya
10-17-2010, 12:42 AM
The common thing that was mentioned well before any of this discussion started was that RO2 would be influenced by RO1, not become a prettier, carbon-copy of it as most complaints seem to want...and some of the complaints are rather petty, like looting preferences. A good portion of players had the 'this is NOT RO1' mindset and discussed and hyped what was known then and now without having to overly complain over and over and over and over... We got it, the first time; 2nd, 3rd, and so on only makes you look annoying and less likely to be taken seriously, to put it bluntly.

Just because the Dev team is looking at older features doesn't mean their previous intentions were horrifyingly wrong. In the initial interview, it looked to me like they wanted to relieve the casual player of a lot of stress in getting these hardcore stat builds picture perfect. However, we know they are in discussion, at least, so there is a chance it could STILL end up different than what you want (it IS Gravity, after all).

Neiri
10-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Gravity is currently working on tweaking the visual design of RO2.
The Producer mentions about how some users complained about character design , server optimization, and contents.
Closed Beta Test 2 will be around 2010 December ~ 2011 January.
RO2 characters will have gender selection as well. Most likely around in Open Beta Test.
They are still discussing developing a customizable STAT system similar to RO1. (Yay!)
As soon as CBT was finished, the character design team started doing a lot of work, and they are still discussing the final character design its self.
They are also currently developing 'inter-zone-chat system' where a chatroom can be reached from any part of the server.

Wow, you can really otimize a game to death. The game was first announces to end of 2010, now there'll be CLOSED beta?? again??

This game is doomed to failure, thise developers have no idea what they want. First they had clear concept: mature design and very close to ro1, feedbacks were GREAT --> so just DO it!

It makes me sick that they change and change odds and ends and try to get confirmation in another closed beta.. and anoter one... and another one...
I'm so tired of being put off to next year. Ro1 was great, but i rather change to a game that is developed with passion and persuation than a game of unsettled people who are killing the game with their slackness.

quima21
10-17-2010, 05:58 AM
sorry but I just wanted RO2 to be a great game

Great from your point of view. I hate to say this, but you speak like you really know how to make a game great. If that's the case, you wouldn't be here. You'd be in a company making you great game.

Please, if you're gonna say an aspect or feature of the game sucks, at least say what you'd think would be a better alternative. At least the discussion could somehow become constructive and not like listening to a bunch of kids whining what they don't want, yet they have no idea what they want.

Pa.rabola
10-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Wow, you can really otimize a game to death. The game was first announces to end of 2010, now there'll be CLOSED beta?? again??

Most games (and especially ones that are considered successful) have multiple closed betas. These are primarily used for the development of the game to see how real users are able to interact with it. It's for bug testing and content testing while they tweak and add new systems.

Open beta is primarily for load testing as well as a larger sweep over things that might have been missed by the handfuls able to take part in the closed betas.

imo, they can have as many closed betas as they feel they need. It's a good thing. It means they care.

yakumo-chan
10-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Great from your point of view. I hate to say this, but you speak like you really know how to make a game great. If that's the case, you wouldn't be here. You'd be in a company making you great game.

Im still a student.....
Also.... I'm a human.... I know what's great and what's not.....

Sorry.... please no offense against my posts.... I just wanted to say that the CBT is not as great as I wanted it to be.... but its still not a bad game.... I hope everyone understands.....

maybe its because the original dev team of ragnarok online left gravity??
that's why RO2 hasnt have the nostalgic feeling of RO1???

Frost
10-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Maybe....
you'd want....
to start by....
posting properly........
and..........
stop using.......................
annoying.................
............ dots?

Warrorar
10-19-2010, 12:23 PM

Im still a student.....
Also.... I'm a human.... I know what's great and what's not.....

Sorry.... please no offense against my posts.... I just wanted to say that the CBT is not as great as I wanted it to be.... but its still not a bad game.... I hope everyone understands.....

maybe its because the original dev team of ragnarok online left gravity??
that's why RO2 hasnt have the nostalgic feeling of RO1???

nice try bro....

the designer of ro2 is the designer of ro1.
also ill give a fuck if you are a student, you write senseless and so please. be quiet and let the people talk who have to say something important.

sidesman
10-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Another broadcasting! (http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Newboard_view.asp?seqNo=64)

Nightwish
11-03-2010, 12:35 AM
cant open this..
whats up now?

Pa.rabola
11-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Closed beta (or any other sort of testing) is currently not live.

Marylain
11-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Ehy, wait... are you referring to the game or to the broadcasting vid?

Feral
11-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Still waiting for CBT2 =) I really don't care how long it takes Gravity to do it; as long as it kicks ass and mechanically functions (with plenty of dynamic ofcourse).

I actually am rather fond of the character designs in retrospect, though a higher level of modularity is always nice. I'd like to see 3-1-1, 3-1-2, 3-2-1 and 3-2-2 jobs, as well as usable root jobs, but I'll not get ahead of myself here.

Joey
11-20-2010, 11:18 AM
i can't wait to see the male archer models =D

Marylain
11-21-2010, 04:51 AM
I can't wait to see male acolyte models!
I found them so sexy!

Quanta
11-21-2010, 05:18 AM
I can't wait for there to be more information on the game because my GOD, it's been quiet these past few months. :/

Frost
11-21-2010, 08:12 AM
IIRC, next beta testing begins some time in December.

Ibari
11-22-2010, 12:48 AM
December? That's nice, we'll probably see more info around my birthday. Hope they have improved some things!

Quanta
11-22-2010, 12:51 AM
December? That's nice, we'll probably see more info around my birthday. Hope they have improved some things!
Changes: 1 new Poring model.

Ibari
11-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Changes: 1 new Poring model.

Ironic mode on:

Oh yeah, that's so F*****G NICE! I can't wait to see it!

Ironic mode off.

See you all around December ;)...

Quanta
11-22-2010, 04:48 AM
I wonder if there was any info at GStar. It just ended yesterday. :P

aco999
11-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Some new info here:

http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?sm=title&sk=&seqNo=14&pagenum=1

but in Korean... oTL

Looks like Chibi jobs (Babies?)

Frost
11-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Why do they always put text as images. :(

Where's our translator(s) when you need em. xD

Overall it seems like they're adding chibi-fied characters, adding more detailed textures on character models, adjusting character models (possible body customization?) and fixing(?) the weird leg/feet.

luckywhiterabbit
11-30-2010, 11:21 PM
I hope they don't change the character design. I was upset about the game changing to 3D and getting rid of the gorgeous sprites, but the new stylish character design made up for that. The costume designs are just stunningly good.

Jijang
12-01-2010, 06:59 AM
I hope they don't change the character design. I was upset about the game changing to 3D and getting rid of the gorgeous sprites, but the new stylish character design made up for that. The costume designs are just stunningly good.

2nd

luckywhiterabbit
12-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Also judging by that thief model, it looks like you can adjust character height to an extent?

yakumo-chan
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Some new info here:

http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?sm=title&sk=&seqNo=14&pagenum=1

but in Korean... oTL

can you post the images here??
cause I cant see something from there, their website is kinda weird or something...

veniality
12-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Some new info here:

but in Korean... oTL

can you post the images here??
cause I cant see something from there, their website is kinda weird or something...

Too lazy to post the images that are a just a bunch of text.

Looks like you can change body type. Don't know without someone being able to translate korean.

Edit: Looks like you can change height too from the look of the last picture where the avatars appear shorter.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9332/11262.gif

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6263/11264.gif

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2003/11265.gif

Frost
12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
@veniality
That's only the first page. You missed the second and third one. :p

veniality
12-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I didn't even notice that as I was at work! Thanks. :)

The rest of the pictures:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2664/112620.gif

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/402/112622.gif

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4797/112632.gif

Also there's a newer post with more stuff:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5923/12013t.gif

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6494/12014z.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/276/12015s.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/115/12016h.gif

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2268/120121.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9625/120122.gif

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9528/120123.gif

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4877/120131.jpg

All in all I'm really liking the direction they're taking.

Frost
12-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I hope all they're fixing aren't just character models though. But I do see a vast improvement on it.

I kinda lost hope for this game when the first CBT ended very badly. But now I see some light.

Blueness
12-02-2010, 11:04 PM
You mean the recent CBT ended badly?

Frost
12-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I meant the recent one. I disregarded the old GOTW entirely. :p

CH Falconner
12-03-2010, 06:56 AM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9528/120123.gif

Really a nice improvement on haircuts! Somehow they improved the whole characterization stuff in a more MJL way!

OBS:. 2.female - lady gaga

Methias
12-03-2010, 07:08 AM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6263/11264.gif

am I seeing things or does the female acolyte have 6abs while none of the other male character have obvious ones?

yakumo-chan
12-03-2010, 07:23 AM
This is cool man... the new character style is way better than the last time!

one only thing that needs to add is Manual status and one unique gameplay!

I Hate Anime
12-03-2010, 09:46 AM
its a step in a better direction. but they still have a lot to work on if they want it to become successful.

i doubt they have the funds to make this anything special. and i know one thing for sure... if there's an english version and the current iRO GM team gets their hands on it... yea... i doubt many people will play even if it is awesome.

yakumo-chan
12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
it looks like they heard me.. about the body weight system or something LOL!

anyways..,
to make what Im going to say short,

GREAT GAME = UNIQUE GAMEPLAY

they need to make the game unique since most of the MMORPGs today are all the same..

they need to make the SOLO grinding leveling an other option to level up.

My Idea was to make the game cooperative since a MMORPG means many people, and many people need to cooperate to each other to make the game fun..

they need to make the "PARTY" something cool.., something we havent seen in the other games..

Frost
12-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Unique gameplay is what HELPS makes a game stand out. It's NOT what makes a game great. Being unique/different just for the sake of being unique/different is a terrible design philosophy.

WoW on the other hand, wasn't unique at all. It was refined. It basically took everything that's good about other mmos and perfected it. Not that I play WoW anyways, but its userbase is a testament of how refined gameplay > just being different.

CH Falconner
12-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Trying to be unique is a cliché.

veniality
12-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I'd rather have a good game than a unique game. When games try to be unique, terrible ideas often come into place. It's also very difficult to keep coming up with 'unique' things when expanding the game. I'd rather have decent mechanics, a good setup to help with the community, like LFG windows, Auction Houses instead of vending so I don't have to leave the game open, advantages to actually partying while keeping solo viability, having good end game content and not just grind to max level and do some pvp. None of that stuff is unique, but it helps make a good game (at least in my opinion). Steady updates also help make a good game, a steady stream of new content keeps players interested. Being an artist I tend to put heavy stock in looks of the things I enjoy. If a show has animation (US cartoon shows have been degenerating in the style of animation) that makes my eyes bleed, it doesn't matter how good the story line is. If the looks of a game makes my eyes bleed (these days it's extremely bad rendering, skinning, etc), or the style of the characters/races/clothes doesn't appeal to me, it doesn't matter if it's the best damn game ever.

Then again, as long as the game has a good team behind it (GM, Admin, Production, Support), I'd probably end up playing RO2 anyways if it has an English server and drag at least one person with me. I just hope iRO gravity doesn't get the rights as I don't think they could handle running another game...

Blueness
12-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I meant the recent one. I disregarded the old GOTW entirely. :p

I didn't realize it ended so badly, what happened?

Quanta
12-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Unique gameplay is what HELPS makes a game stand out. It's NOT what makes a game great. Being unique/different just for the sake of being unique/different is a terrible design philosophy.

Pretty much. Look at FFXIV: it's not like anything else on the market. It's also one of the worst MMOs ever released. FFXIV and its predecessor are pretty much the poster children for heavily co-operative MMOs; FFXI because you require a party for pretty much everything; FFXIV because you're heavily reliant on the entire community in order to get anything other than the starter gear.

---

One thing I'm hoping for in RO2 is a better localization. I have no idea whether it's Gravity Korea or Gravity US that does the localization for iRO; all I know is that they suck at their job. I hope they fire that guy and his Google Translated item names, monster names, and descriptions. Seriously, "Tooth of Bat"? While technically correct, nobody this side of the Pacific would ever call a fucking bat tooth a "tooth of bat".

Pa.rabola
12-03-2010, 11:09 PM
FF14 isn't considered bad because of its content. It got a low score because it was admittedly released a bit too early, though the majority of it will be fixed by the end of the year.

But, this:
I'd rather have a good game than a unique game.

yakumo-chan
12-03-2010, 11:46 PM
arent playing the same mechanics all over again and again in MMOs are kinda boring???

good game,..
what is a "good game" to all of you guys are anyways??

Actually for me.., It depends on how it will go if a Unique Game will be a great game or not....

Making a unique game is a risk, because you will never know if the people will like it or not...
but this risk will determine if gravity is the number 1 game developer of all time....

Frost
12-04-2010, 12:39 AM
C&C4 was unique. It sucked.
Starcraft 2 was the same mechanics all over again. It was awesome.

To tell you the truth, I've never really gotten hooked into any other 3D mmorpgs out there. So for me, RO2 in its familiar 3D universe is actually something new.

yakumo-chan
12-04-2010, 12:50 AM
As I have said before..,
It takes risk to make a unique game., Because you will never know if the people will like it or not,

Starcraft 2 was only awesome because of its new graphics and new storyline..,

DOTA, or should I say Defence of the Ancients is what I can say a unique game.,
Its a warcraft game, Although a different gameplay or should I say Unique gameplay,

DOTA is the number 1 computer game here in philippines, because of its unique gameplay that needs strategies...

DOTA defeats Counter-Strike and Ragnarok Online, the two games that became the most popular games here in philippines,
yet, DOTA is already 6 years and it still rule here in philippines

Blueness
12-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Wow, I didn't like CNC4 either. At all. :D

Pa.rabola
12-04-2010, 01:59 PM
but this risk will determine if gravity is the number 1 game developer of all time....

Even if Gravity somehow makes RO2 a "unique" game and people like it, they have a long way to go before they can compete with the top of the market.

In any case, every game is a little different in its own right; however, I'd rather they kept to the basics of what makes a game good and enjoyable instead of coming up with something so off and have a flop. Fun is never boring.

Also, DOTA is simply a classic and a completely different genre.

Quanta
12-04-2010, 05:21 PM
good game,..
what is a "good game" to all of you guys are anyways??

Solid and fun gameplay, a good visual style, good music, interesting story and dialogue, endearing characters...these are the criteria of a good game imo.

Making a unique game is a risk, because you will never know if the people will like it or not...

Hence why most developers iterate on existing concepts; it's way safer and it further develops the genre. You don't take huge business risks, like making your own style of game, unless you know that you're declaring bankruptcy soon and have nothing to lose (eg. Squaresoft and the Final Fantasy series, AKA "What One Japanese Guy Did With His D&D Sourcebooks").

You say that as if they even have a chance. I doubt they even have a chance of being number 1 in their own country, let alone of all time; I can picture Blade & Soul coming out the same time as RO2 and screwing it over, like a spiked dildo was just shoved up Gravity's ass, courtesy of NCSoft.

As far as I'm concerned, the only two companies who would qualify for that title are Blizzard and Valve; neither has ever released a bad product.

Starcraft 2 was only awesome because of its new graphics and new storyline..,

And a whole new metagame for people to mess around with. Banelings, Banelings, Banelings, OOOOOOH!

DOTA, or should I say Defence of the Ancients is what I can say a unique game.,
Its a warcraft game, Although a different gameplay or should I say Unique gameplay,

What's unique? It's Warcraft 3 without macro, as far as I'm aware. The logical evolution of all those "RPG" maps from the Brood War days. I thought those maps were the shit back then; then I realised how fantastically boring they actually were.

DOTA is the number 1 computer game here in philippines, because of its unique gameplay that needs strategies...

Strategy? In MY Real-Time Strategy Game?

yakumo-chan
12-05-2010, 04:00 AM
[quote]Solid and fun gameplay, a good visual style, good music, interesting story and dialogue, endearing characters...these are the criteria of a good game imo.
yeah, But IMO it would be also cool if gravity pull off something new for us.
Hence why most developers iterate on existing concepts; it's way safer and it further develops the genre. You don't take huge business risks, like making your own style of game, unless you know that you're declaring bankruptcy soon and have nothing to lose (eg. Squaresoft and the Final Fantasy series, AKA "What One Japanese Guy Did With His D&D Sourcebooks").some of the developers who have taken risks in creating new gameplay are Square Enix, Konami and Atlus, I dont know about others since this company has been the always my favorite.

for me though.. the gameplay of FF7,FF8,FF9 and FF10 is much greater than FF12 and FF13

the gameplay of Suikoden I, II and V were Greater than Suikoden III and IV
Konami tried the risk by creating new gameplay for suikoden III and IV, but they failed because the people didnt like it so on suikoden V they goes back to their original game play

the only company that I say have taken risk to be successful was Atlus.
They change the gameplay of Persona I and II into a new one in Persona 3,thus made persona 3 the number 1 RPG game of 2008.

You say that as if they even have a chance. I doubt they even have a chance of being number 1 in their own country, let alone of all time; I can picture Blade & Soul coming out the same time as RO2 and screwing it over, like a spiked dildo was just shoved up Gravity's ass, courtesy of NCSoft.I am hoping that they can pull it off.., since ragnarok is my first MMO

As far as I'm concerned, the only two companies who would qualify for that title are Blizzard and Valve; neither has ever released a bad product.
GO Gravity!!!:D

And a whole new metagame for people to mess around with. Banelings, Banelings, Banelings, OOOOOOH!
LOL!:)
What's unique? It's Warcraft 3 without macro, as far as I'm aware. The logical evolution of all those "RPG" maps from the Brood War days. I thought those maps were the shit back then; then I realised how fantastically boring they actually were.
yes., It is warcraft 3, but it has a different gameplay than the original warcraft 3, You only control 1 character here.
I say that this is unique because this gameplay needs 5 people to compete with 5 people, and this 5 people need to cooperate with each other to create a combo play. I havent seen anything like this on other games.. hence the number 1 computer game in philippines
Strategy? In MY Real-Time Strategy Game?this is a strategy game. you pick from 80 or more heroes with unique skills... and those skills can connect to make a combo with other skills from other heroes..

sidesman
12-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Edited.
Can't wait when they'll reveal gameplay changes

Amnesy
12-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Pretty much. Look at FFXIV: it's not like anything else on the market. It's also one of the worst MMOs ever released. FFXIV and its predecessor are pretty much the poster children for heavily co-operative MMOs; FFXI because you require a party for pretty much everything; FFXIV because you're heavily reliant on the entire community in order to get anything other than the starter gear.

---

A woman can be beautiful for you, and ugly for me. it's only a matter of what you are searching for.

I'm tired to grind quests.
I'm tired to kill 10 rats for their tooths or tails.
I'm tired to play solo because it's better and faster. Yes, sometime I wanna play solo, but it should be my choice, not the community choice.
If I wanna play alone, Xbox, play3, psp are far better. I wanna play a mmo because I wanna play with others.
I'm tired to see the back of my char for hours.
I'm tired to have a cast bar, and see enemy hp.
I'm tired to enter an instance where 4-6 stupids kill everything for 30 mins and then leave party.
I'm tired to buy what I need in AH, because AH ruins the fun of the marketplace. Do you like e-bay? I don't.
I'm tired to have one hand on WASD and the other on a mouse.
I'm tired to see 15 different races and 50 different professions, but they all works with the 1-2-3-2-3-4 rotation.

And I'm not the only one. Yes, I want nice graphic, cool sound, big breasts, lag-free and something to do when I'm bored, but there are 150 games with nice graphic, cool sound... Why do I have to change game if I have already the same thing?

Marylain
12-07-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm tired to play solo because it's better and faster. Yes, sometime I wanna play solo, but it should be my choice, not the community choice.
If I wanna play alone, Xbox, play3, psp are far better. I wanna play a mmo because I wanna play with others.

Okay, but it should remain an ALTERNATIVE.
You cannot force someone to play in a party to get everything.

BTW is there a release date for the next CBT?

yakumo-chan
12-07-2010, 02:14 AM
playing solo should be an option.,
but playing with a party should be a must since this is a MMO...

Marylain
12-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Well, what do you mean by a "party"?
For me a party can be formed just by two people: me and another player... a friend, a boy/girlfriend, a parent with NO interest to join with otrher players who don't know.
A MMO should be a game where people play in the way they like.
And, BTW, you can interact with people without fight with them: there are tons of players who like play solo and talk in guild chat.
So, I have to disagree.
Solo play and party play should provide the same opportunities and the same potentials (50% - 50%)

Montrey
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3593/35615796.jpg

Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Second - New Mount

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piEAgfWvUhY

Couky
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
The ferus is so cuuuute <3

FlameTyrant
12-07-2010, 12:42 PM
looks more like a petite

8o

quima21
12-07-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm tired to kill 10 rats for their tooths or tails. You wanna level afk?

I'm tired to play solo because it's better and faster. Yes, sometime I wanna play solo, but it should be my choice, not the community choice. afaik, no one said the game forces you to solo or party.

I'm tired to see the back of my char for hours. And what point of view would you suggest?

I'm tired to enter an instance where 4-6 stupids kill everything for 30 mins and then leave party.
I'm tired to buy what I need in AH, because AH ruins the fun of the marketplace. Do you like e-bay? I don't.
I'm tired to see 15 different races and 50 different professions, but they all works with the 1-2-3-2-3-4 rotation. Ok, I think you're just tired of playing games. You should really quit though. It doesn't have to be all new features for a game to be good.

and this I'm tired to have one hand on WASD and the other on a mouse. Seriously? how do you want to play with your char? with one hand on the printer and the other on the speaker? Or maybe you want a voice control?

yakumo-chan
12-07-2010, 03:57 PM

this starting to look cool! man!

I hope they have a chance on getting the number 1 spot on MMO genre...
the only way to get that rank is to show us something new.., something unique that we havent seen before, something that the other MMO doesnt have.

@quima21 - I think Amnesy is only trying to say that he wants something new on MMORPG since most of MMO's mechanics today are kinda same.., except for dragon Nest, Blade and Soul, and Terra Online.., this 3 games are trying to be unique in their own way...

Marylain
12-07-2010, 04:27 PM
@quima21 (http://forums.irowiki.org/member.php?u=10047): You made me laugh for one hour! XDDD

Charon
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I just hope they get this game out before like 2015.
What's a casual 2005-like mmorpg good for when everything else is done upgrading from some old noglasseszomfg 3D technology? xD

I'm tired to have one hand on WASD and the other on a mouse. Seriously? how do you want to play with your char? with one hand on the printer and the other on the speaker? Or maybe you want a voice control?

ROFL

veniality
12-07-2010, 05:32 PM

Images that went with the post of that video on the RO2 website:

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/9479/72306064.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9875/65072752.jpg
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8195/68181996.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8776/73626553.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5071/93123473.jpg

Looks like different run speeds depending on what mount you get, at least that's what I assume the percentages mean.

Marylain
12-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Green Petit is SO DAMNED CUTEEEE!!!

Frost
12-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I see they've also added details and animations of mounts. They're no long the stiff-standing-still mounts they used to be.

Amnesy
12-08-2010, 05:57 AM

I'm tired to play solo because it's better and faster. Yes, sometime I wanna play solo, but it should be my choice, not the community choice. afaik, no one said the game forces you to solo or party.

And what point of view would you suggest?

I'm tired to see 15 different races and 50 different professions, but they all works with the 1-2-3-2-3-4 rotation. Ok, I think you're just tired of playing games. You should really quit though. It doesn't have to be all new features for a game to be good.

and this I'm tired to have one hand on WASD and the other on a mouse. Seriously? how do you want to play with your char? with one hand on the printer and the other on the speaker? Or maybe you want a voice control?

Just a question, did you ever play Ragnarok online? Because this is Ragnarok online (iRO) forum. Did you use wasd, 1-2-3-4 rotation, AH, grind quests, play alone because it's better, every class is the same in RO? Do you see your back in RO (3d fps-like view)?

If you reply yes, I wil have to ROFTL for a month. So please, reply Yes.
And another question, did you ever play FF XI or XIV? no, right?
Did you ever play (old) ultima online? I'm sure, no.

If they do another "clone" (read what you have tried to quote), I'll have to compare with other similar games (I have only 24/day, I have to choose what do do in my spare time).
And I'm sure, if I'm forced to compare RO2 with WoW, Aion, LoTRO, Rift (coming soon), SWtor (2011), AoC, Tera (another coming soon), and others (long list), I'll not see RO2 that attractive.

RO was (no wait -IS-) bugged over the impossible, with a brick-like graphic (you can do better with Lego), limited chat, limited gameplay. However this is the only mmo where I have done some bond. Because there is something "different": an high grade of interaction between players.
This interaction is not possible in a game as I have described before, it's the same difference between a thanksgiving day with your family and eating in mc Donald.

@topic. I think it's a green ferus, however it's nice to see new and different mounts. ;)

yakumo-chan
12-08-2010, 07:21 AM
the only way for gravity to beat those guys is to give players something new in gameplay, something unique as I have said in my earlier posts.

more interactive system, a system which makes bonds,
bonds is the solution for fun gaming,
you make bonds with other players, thats the only answer,
but to make this, you need to find how those players will bond with each other,
the only thing that I can think of is the party leveling and make the solo leveling an other option.

Frost
12-08-2010, 08:01 AM

afaik, no one said the game forces you to solo or party.

And what point of view would you suggest?

Ok, I think you're just tired of playing games. You should really quit though. It doesn't have to be all new features for a game to be good.

Just a question, did you ever play Ragnarok online? Because this is Ragnarok online (iRO) forum. Did you use wasd, 1-2-3-4 rotation, AH, grind quests, play alone because it's better, every class is the same in RO? Do you see your back in RO (3d fps-like view)?

If you reply yes, I wil have to ROFTL for a month. So please, reply Yes.

If they do another "clone" (read what you have tried to quote), I'll have to compare with other similar games (I have only 24/day, I have to choose what do do in my spare time).
And I'm sure, if I'm forced to compare RO2 with WoW, Aion, LoTRO, Rift (coming soon), SWtor (2011), AoC, Tera (another coming soon), and others (long list), I'll not see RO2 that attractive.

RO was (no wait -IS-) bugged over the impossible, with a brick-like graphic (you can do better with Lego), limited chat, limited gameplay. However this is the only mmo where I have done some bond. Because there is something "different": an high grade of interaction between players.
This interaction is not possible in a game as I have described before, it's the same difference between a thanksgiving day with your family and eating in mc Donald.

@topic. I think it's a green ferus, however it's nice to see new and different mounts. ;)

I play RO1 with WASD + mouse .. well, the whole QWERTY keyboard + mouse to be exact. :/

Beetleking
12-08-2010, 08:34 AM
I want bad ass! Not a Pussy ass.... like other mmorpgs...

zeddy
12-08-2010, 08:45 AM
green petite*********

....and yes it is cute

too many people are stuck in nostalgia mode.....

lets make a new mmo that's a side scroller that would be awesome :ssh:

Frost
12-08-2010, 11:51 AM
lets make a new mmo that's a side scroller that would be awesome :ssh:

You mean.. like Maple Story?

No thanks.

Ichirin
12-09-2010, 01:05 AM
@new mounts
nice :D the petite's skin/scales are incredibly shiny from close
just a random thought: they should also make Alpaca mounts /no1

Couky
12-09-2010, 09:16 AM
the only way for gravity to beat those guys is to give players something new in gameplay, something unique as I have said in my earlier posts.

more interactive system, a system which makes bonds,
bonds is the solution for fun gaming,
you make bonds with other players, thats the only answer,
but to make this, you need to find how those players will bond with each other,
the only thing that I can think of is the party leveling and make the solo leveling an other option.
No thanks.
I already tested on many mmorpgs and that really sucks to depend on others to stuff yourself or to level.
Good system if you've your buddies but it's a bad system for any random casual / new players imo.:facepalm:

I love Ro freedom because equipement aren't bind and because you can level all by yourself if you wish too.

yakumo-chan
12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
No thanks.
I already tested on many mmorpgs and that really sucks to depend on others to stuff yourself or to level.
Good system if you've your buddies but it's a bad system for any random casual / new players imo.:facepalm:

I love Ro freedom because equipement aren't bind and because you can level all by yourself if you wish too.

I did said that solo leveling is an other option right??;)

alright, I think I have a new idea..

How about a new system for party leveling and a new system for solo leveling too??
that would be great right??
as long as there is something new that would be great,
I hate playing the same mechanics over and over again...

luckywhiterabbit
12-10-2010, 01:53 AM
RO was (no wait -IS-) bugged over the impossible, with a brick-like graphic (you can do better with Lego...
Ro's graphics are great. The sprite detail is really beautiful. All MMO's these days use ugly 3D graphics and not the finely crafted sprite art that puts RO above them in terms of aesthetic.

Marylain
12-10-2010, 03:45 AM
They should begin to give us a CBT2 release date... <.<

Ro's graphics are great. The sprite detail is really beautiful.

Herr...
Seriously... NO.
They are crappy, recycled and "mirrored".
THESE are amazing 2D sprites:

http://www.meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/juegos/PlayStation2-Rol/15/IMG-cw463ccd164731f/MeriStation_OdinSphereScreen_bigpe.jpg

quima21
12-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Just a question, did you ever play Ragnarok online? Because this is Ragnarok online (iRO) forum. Did you use wasd, 1-2-3-4 rotation, AH, grind quests, play alone because it's better, every class is the same in RO? If you reply yes, I wil have to ROFTL for a month. I used almost every keys in my keyboard. I don't mind grinding. What do you expect me to do in-game? Sit around and chat? Leveling should take sometime. Or maybe you're taking laziness to a whole new level. If I were that lazy, I'd be playing farmville.

You don't want WASD. Don't want Mouse. The mouse has been the greatest gaming peripheral for me. Why change that?

I could play alone or I could find a party. Either way, I could still enjoy the game. What's the point in asking?

If you have ever tried to make a game or build anything, you'll know that features are not designed just to be unique.

Do you see your back in RO (3d fps-like view)?
I just don't get what you're try to get at. Do you know how hard it would be to incorporate FPS to a massive online game? The reason why most games have views where you can see the back of your character is for CONVENIENCE. It make's you see things you can't see easily with FPS. If all MMORPG is FPS, I'd be vomiting after playing for 2 hours. Btw, Call of Duty makes me dizzy after 5 hours.

And what's your point here? I could play all those games, but why would I shuffle through games when there's a game I'm enjoying? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that your whining, for old features that you have no idea what a good alternative for, is ridiculous.

And I'm sure, if I'm forced to compare RO2 with WoW, Aion, LoTRO, Rift (coming soon), SWtor (2011), AoC, Tera (another coming soon), and others (long list), I'll not see RO2 that attractive. Final product hasn't even been released yet and you're making you judgement? If you want a groundbreaking game, play Continent of the Ninth. Oh, but you're still gonna be using WASD and mouse on that though.

RO was (no wait -IS-) bugged over the impossible, with a brick-like graphic (you can do better with Lego), limited chat, limited gameplay. However this is the only mmo where I have done some bond. Because there is something "different": an high grade of interaction between players. If you've been playing RO even for a short time, you know that the game has politics. You need to make friends or have companions to accomplish something. There is rivalry and camaraderie. It doesn't take rocket scientist to figure that out. I could explain longer but that'd be boring.

Maybe it's just me, but the success and longevity of a game relies more in its community than it's unique features. The best example would be Ragnarok.

Charon
12-10-2010, 09:05 AM
I liek mudkipz.

No, I mean Tornelos and Steelix
http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/642.gifhttp://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/208%20m.gif

But talkin bout mudkipz:

http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/536.gif

Or not...at least I got the type right.

bara-chan
12-10-2010, 03:08 PM
http://12.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqgz391qLw1qzqwfvo1_400.jpg
(paul rand designed the logos for IBM, UPS, ABC, etc)

when you design something it still has to be relevant to people. everyone says they want something "new," but if you give them something truly, completely different, they'll probably just feel overwhelmed or alienated in some way. focus on being good first and foremost, and add your own creativity or flavor to it, not the other way around

and i will second the opinion that RO1's graphics are great. how are the sprites recycled? from what? is it just the fact that they aren't 3D/HD that makes them "crappy?"

Marylain
12-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Being original in a MMORPG is literally impossible so what's the point talking about that?!

yakumo-chan
12-11-2010, 02:58 AM
im not talking about MMORPG being original..
what I want is a new gameplay...

New Enhancements and New Systems

although we can say the being original in gameplay is cool,

It is better to try to be original than to merely imitate others. People should always try to say, write, think, or create something new. There is little value in merely repeating what has been done before. People who merely copy or use the ideas and inventions of others, no matter how successful they may be, have never achieved anything significant.

Marylain
12-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Generally speaking MMORPGS and Jrpgs use the same ideas, features and systems over and over again.
I repeat, this genre cannot offer you anything REALLY new so, if you want to have an original product you should search elsewhere...

@bara: RO1 sprites are crappy not because are 2D, but because you can do more with pixel art.
They are clearly recycled from their own past models and that's demonstrate, once more, the poor attention to details.

yakumo-chan
12-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Generally speaking MMORPGS and Jrpgs use the same ideas, features and systems over and over again.
I repeat, this genre cannot offer you anything REALLY new so, if you want to have an original product you should search elsewhere...

But arent the card system of ragnarok is unique to other MMOs?
this is the only game that uses cards and putting in a weapon.

uhm... im kinda tired of this discussion.., lets end it;)

anyways I want ragnarok 2 to become the number 1 MMORPG of this era

Frost
12-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Cards? It's just another form of weapon enchantment with rare items found from monsters. You can find this in numerous amounts of games.

quima21
12-11-2010, 09:28 AM
The only feature I'm hoping for this game is "skills more than equips". Not a lot of games has that. In most games, having a strong set of equipment will guarantee you a win over anyone with the winner being decided who's got the highest DPS or damage. There's almost no need for techniques. Just routine mashing of buttons. I'm not sure if many here have played Continent of Ninth, but what do you think? Would you think its nice if RO2 is kind of similar to that? I tried playing the game for a couple of months and enjoyed it. My only criticism of the game is it's not a true mmorpg. But I hope gravity would try to look in that aspect of gaming. An action mmorpg.

Marylain
12-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Cards? It's just another form of weapon enchantment with rare items found from monsters. You can find this in numerous amounts of games.

This is exactly what I wanted to say.

annaquin
12-11-2010, 11:11 AM
in short you want tekken skill requirement and RO style mmorpg

Hakumei
12-11-2010, 11:16 AM
in short you want tekken skill requirement and RO style mmorpg

That wouldn't be half bad at all IMO. Though, I'll wait for Blade & Soul for this type of game.

luckywhiterabbit
12-11-2010, 12:08 PM

Ro's graphics are great. The sprite detail is really beautiful.Herr...
Seriously... NO.

http://www.meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/juegos/PlayStation2-Rol/15/IMG-cw463ccd164731f/MeriStation_OdinSphereScreen_bigpe.jpg

Odin Sphere's animations are paper-doll style though, btw. So that's not a good comparison.

Ro's graphics are great. The sprite detail is really beautiful.Herr...
Seriously... NO.

HD 'paper doll' style animation does not sprite art make. And yes, much of odin sphere/muramasa's art looks good because the animations are paperdolled, meaning that more attention to detail can be given to the actual drawings. RO's sprites are great, low-res and elegantly coloured. There' nothing crappy about them at all and it's something that I as a sprite artist am always finding very enjoyable about RO.

As much as I like paper doll animation, I appreciate traditional frame by frame much more.

Marylain
12-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Still, both of them are sprites so I really donp't understand why I cannot make a comparison.
Obviously, I'm aware that OS sprites use a different style and they are HD, but that doesn't change the fact that RO sprites are not that great as you claim they are.

As I said they are awfully recycled:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QhZyGgDL_MHNBM:http://kairi.poring.eu/onishi/third/hp.jpg&t=1

You can say what you want but the ENTIRE production of "priest" sprites is a COPY (just to make an example, 'cause there are many jobs affected with this problem -> see: dancer/gypsy->wanderer).
The male sprite is an EVEN more shameful example: not only the clothes are almost the same (only colors and some features change), but he sits more or less in the SAME way.
And, to get things worse, they are MIRRORED meaning that the entire sprite set is only HALF designed.

Seriously... you cannot udge a poor work like that "great".
That doesn't make sense at all especially because there's a lot better around (you can also see Disgaea for a more RO style).

Samias
12-11-2010, 04:34 PM
You know Disgaea mirrors their sprites too and draw them in less angles than RO does, right? And although I agree some of the 3rd jobs are a little bit too copy-paste for my liking (and I feel male sorc is actually the worst offender), I don't agree that the sprites lack professional polish. The classes very clearly connect to to their previous class so you can tell they are part of the same class tree. This is conscious design choice to have "families" of sprites. The animations are very well done for 3rd jobs and I've actually warmed up to some of the designs that I didn't like when I saw them as animated gifs.

CH Falconner
12-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Would be really awesome if they had gameplay like B&S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRH0TEm3GUY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0rGD1Npzk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGhXizEPWQ&feature=related

foreignreign
12-12-2010, 01:51 PM

What makes the card system unique is the monster type metagame that goes with it. A lot of games do have cards or some slot enchantment-type stuff, but RO is really one of the only MMOs I've played where a monster's race, element, and size mattered. Most MMOs don't even have attributes tied to monsters; they're just enemies you kill. Or if they do have attributes, you can't really abuse them like you're supposed to in RO.

The fact that you can increase your DPS in RO by sticking type cards into your weapons is more unique than most MMOs where the only thing you can do to your weapon is add stats to it or upgrade its raw ATK (which RO has too anyway).

It also makes gearing up a lot more interesting because a Triple Beholder Chain can be just as useful for a battle Acolyte as it is for a Champion.

Frost
12-12-2010, 07:35 PM
You have a point there. Good thing cards were mentioned to return in RO2. But just not as equipment enchantments. :/

Quanta
12-13-2010, 04:59 AM

What makes the card system unique is the monster type metagame that goes with it. A lot of games do have cards or some slot enchantment-type stuff, but RO is really one of the only MMOs I've played where a monster's race, element, and size mattered. Most MMOs don't even have attributes tied to monsters; they're just enemies you kill. Or if they do have attributes, you can't really abuse them like you're supposed to in RO.

The only other game I've played that makes use of race/element is FFXI, which also had different damage types for weapons (piercing, bludgeoning, slashing), which has been seen in other MMOs as well. Exploiting those weaknesses to the fullest with your group was key to maximizing your exp/hr, as I recall.

However, such design decisions make it easy to pigeonhole a player into only being able to do well versus specific types of monsters, which is great if your hunting group happens to be hunting those monsters; otherwise, you're pretty much dead weight, and SOL if nobody wants to hunt the stuff you're good at killing.

The fact that you can increase your DPS in RO by sticking type cards into your weapons is more unique than most MMOs where the only thing you can do to your weapon is add stats to it or upgrade its raw ATK (which RO has too anyway).

Specialized weaponry is kind of a shitty design decision IMO since it means collecting several sets of equipment that do the exact same job, but for different situations. I'd sooner deal with one set of equipment for a given role; it's less complicated, it's less clutter in your bags/storage, and it's less money/time spent collecting gear.

It also makes gearing up a lot more interesting because a Triple Beholder Chain can be just as useful for a battle Acolyte as it is for a Champion.

Sure, though I don't think it'd work in a binding system; the battle aco will roll on and win a new Chain to upgrade and add to his other 5, increasing his utility, while the Champion will have to try again just to get his first. Such situations are affectionately referred to as "Fucking bullshit! You already have that item, you greedy asshole!", among other things.

Frost
12-14-2010, 08:16 AM
The RO2 website was update with new info about cards!

Go Go! http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?sm=title&sk=&seqNo=17&pagenum=1

Seems like there are 3 card levels. Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
The higher the level of the card, the better the effects of it.
You can combine 3 bronze cards into silver, and 3 silver cards into gold.

Cards are no longer mounted onto equips, but rather onto a specific card slots on your character.

Different cards can be combined into a new card. (My guess is that combinations might be pre-determined or just random)

Different card combinations on your character will also give extra bonuses.

Seems like we're getting a very distinct and diverse card system. (I can see someone wanting uniqueness jumping with joy )

And with manual stats allocation removed, your character customization is now done via equips and cards. How's that for a unique system? :p

I'm really hyped for RO2. Too bad it probably won't be released until at least 2012.

BlaXun
12-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Sounds rly impressive.
Now gimme ninja class and Im sold!

Marylain
12-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Nice news... still no CBT2 release date... <.<

Menace
12-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Pretty interesting. You will no longer have to make several copies of a weapon with different cards.
And it seems, they're putting some emphasis on card comboes (they exist already in RO but to little and rather weak).

Hmm If they give us all what they promised it might end with a really nice game.

chap
12-14-2010, 10:11 AM
can someone take some prints from this news? I wanna see the images (if there is any), but i cant access the kro2 page :/

Montrey
12-14-2010, 10:59 AM
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3851/mainimg00.jpg

http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?sm=title&sk=&seqNo=17

Cards in RO2 will be divided by bronze, silver and gold.
Of course, the gold card is the best, and the bronze the least.

For example a certain bronze card may give you ATK+2, while the gold version of it will grant ATK+7
Cards will not be impossible to get like in RO1 because they'll make the bronze cards common.

Instead of sticking cards onto weapons each character will have 5 card slots. This way the character is free to use whatever weapon he or she prefers without worrying about slots. But there may be some special bonuses for certain card & weapon combinations.

You can also collect all the cards to gain a special bonus.

If you have a certain number of bronze cards, they can be combined to create a silver card.
And then you can collect a certain number of silver cards to combine into a gold card.

You can also combine a bunch of bronze cards to create a mystery gold card.

Marylain
12-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Amazing!
I like this feature so much.
From what I understood, if you need a gold card you can just farm many bronze cards, make some silver cards from them and then get the gold card.
I hope this will break the speculation of past RO community.
I want CBT2 now... <.<

yakumo-chan
12-15-2010, 10:22 AM
nice one gravity!!!

the only thing that can defeat those high graphics MMORPG like tera online,Blade and Soul, and Guild wars 2 is gameplay

unique gameplay can only defeat those games

Lucentos
12-16-2010, 12:03 AM
I`m do hope that they`re will make return of Pneuma, Safety Wall and Land Protector-like skills. These skills turned RO into strategic game.

aco999
12-17-2010, 01:39 AM
a Fresh post @ kRO2 Website

http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?sm=title&sk=&seqNo=18&pagenum=1

http://img.ro2.game.gnjoy.com/evt/20101216/1216_ev_1.jpg
http://img.ro2.game.gnjoy.com/evt/20101216/1216_ev_2.jpg
http://img.ro2.game.gnjoy.com/evt/20101216/1216_ev_3.jpg

See the video :omg:

Direct link to FLV:
http://img.ragnarok.co.kr/flv/rag2/flycafra.flv

EDIT: uploaded to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJMpJpoMLS8

I suddenly imagined Hermione Granger on Broomsticks :omg:

Charon
12-17-2010, 02:01 AM
ew. I don't like flying broomsticks LOL
It's so retarded <_<

aco999
12-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Hopefully someone with "better" translations can provide us information regarding this post O_O

For what I can see, It's like Kafra Serna will handle teleportation? X_X

Frost
12-17-2010, 02:16 AM
^ Pretty much.

So instead of just teleporting to your destination, you have to ride flying broomsticks across the fields instead.

Sounds like fun. XD

Menace
12-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Seems weird :confused: Really weird :monocle:
Heh every day i'm getting more excited bout RO 2. Too bad we'll need to wait a long time :<

imrik
12-17-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm officially drooling for RO 2.

First the new designs. I really like they are still experimenting with look and feel of characters and more importantly, they are heading good way. I love outcome.
Now I wish they will not let it go and experiment more until they will come out with something pure awesome. Then, they should start to tweak how skills and monsters look and feel.

Second, I was kinda skeptical about stat allocation system being out of player control, since it could lead to loss of the character customization aspect of RO.
It turns out new card system will cover that up. We don't know details but if we take few things as given and take into account few past facts we know about it can play out really nicely.
First: cards are not gear bounded. Each player will have to build their own "deck" of 5 cards instead.
Second: cards with its own bonuses + gear with its own bonuses + sets of gears for additional bonuses + sets of cards for additional bonuses. Maybe even sets of cards + sets of gears for yet another bonuses. This looks like a really deep customization system.

Third: one character that you can cover few "old RO" roles at once - fighter + crafter + merchant in one character.
Now, if I look at the bigger picture, I see Gravity doesn't want us to create lots of characters.
Right now, if you want to participate in every aspect of RO, you have to create your main character for playing + merchant at least. If you decide to play with class that can NOT be build to fit MvP, WoE and MvP at once, you'll have create your WoE character + MvP/PvM + merchant. Sometimes you will end up with having 2 or 3 characters of same class just to be able to participate in every of game's aspect and still you will be exploring only one, or two play styles.
In RO 2 it can tun out you will have to create just one character and be able to enjoy game to it's fullest.
Want to hunt new monsters - switch some cards. Want to be more offensive - switch some gears and cards, want to be more defensive - switch some gears and cards. Want to sell something to other people - switch roles. Want to craft something for other people - switch roles.
It's like going from potioner creo to AD creo just by switching role, gears and cards or going from FS Priest to ME priest just by switching some gears and cards.
The only question is - will we have enough skillpoints to be able to make such versatile characters? I've read skill system will also be different but I don't know the details (something about skilling only 1 lvl and having to learn, or buy, more lvls from npc)

About the brooms: so that's how we are supposed to travel long long distances? Cool. I like it, it ads fun factor as far as I can see in video. Great idea.
Hope there will be some kinda mounts for those not so long, but still annoying to go on foot, distances. Heck, I hated Lineage 2 for this back in the day.

yakumo-chan
12-17-2010, 12:06 PM
In RO 2 it can tun out you will have to create just one character and be able to enjoy game to it's fullest.
Want to hunt new monsters - switch some cards. Want to be more offensive - switch some gears and cards, want to be more defensive - switch some gears and cards. Want to sell something to other people - switch roles. Want to craft something for other people - switch roles.
It's like going from potioner creo to AD creo just by switching role, gears and cards or going from FS Priest to ME priest just by switching some gears and cards.

NOW THIS IS THE GAMEPLAY I WANT!!!
UNIQUE!!!
GAMEPLAY CAN ONLY DEFEAT THOSE HIGHER GRAPHICS,

Marylain
12-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Broomsticks... lol... RO2 is becoming... FLYFF?!

chap
12-17-2010, 06:04 PM

UNIQUE!!!

AND, if i remember well, there is the evil/neutral/good system wich means even more customization to each char

Hakumei
12-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Broomsticks... lol... RO2 is becoming... FLYFF?!

I thought that was a Flyff screenshot also.

aco999
12-17-2010, 08:20 PM
When I login @ the kRO2 page,

I get this message once I click my RO2:GoTW Compensation Character's Name:
http://img.ro2.game.gnjoy.com/common/layer_1015.png

All I can understand is about 1,000 WON Cash Coupon :o

yakumo-chan
12-18-2010, 11:28 AM
this is the graphics that I really want for RO2, but I failed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAs-vZ4rZE

Pa.rabola
12-21-2010, 11:01 AM

UNIQUE!!!

Hate to burst the bubble, but this isn't unique to RO2 at all. Games have been rolling with this idea for a few years and it's starting to become more of standard. (Versatile characters, I mean) Neither is the "alignment" system.

The broomsticks look to be simply flightpaths as a fast transportation. You're able to fly from one place to another, likely with a fee, as long as you've been there before. That way you're not hauling across country in order to visit a major city. The scenery is usually nice when games put in a system like this, and if all else fails, you can go make yourself a sandwich as you wait. :P

As for graphics, I'm not really a fan of cell-shaded games. If I wished to watch a cartoon of some sort, I would simply turn on my TV. The game doesn't need to be realistic, so to speak, having it's own 3D style is fine. WoW and SW:TOR are good examples of this.

foreignreign
12-21-2010, 06:56 PM
However, such design decisions make it easy to pigeonhole a player into only being able to do well versus specific types of monsters, which is great if your hunting group happens to be hunting those monsters; otherwise, you're pretty much dead weight, and SOL if nobody wants to hunt the stuff you're good at killing.

That really should only be a problem if there's a poor monster selection to choose from, though. In RO there's a lot of same-level monsters that share some attributes, so as long as you don't go for the optimum weapon type for a specific monster you should be fine. I'm not saying RO had as much variety as it should when it comes to monster types, but it does have at least a good amount to keep it interesting. And this is also kind of mitigated by the fact that there were only three sizes, so generally you could just get a triple size weapon and be good for several different places (although I admit Skel Worker cards are, or were, pricey).

I wouldn't really fault that kind of design for being bad, I would say it's more of a monster selection/variety problem before a design problem.

Specialized weaponry is kind of a shitty design decision IMO since it means collecting several sets of equipment that do the exact same job, but for different situations. I'd sooner deal with one set of equipment for a given role; it's less complicated, it's less clutter in your bags/storage, and it's less money/time spent collecting gear.I agree to an extent, because the lazy in me kind of lacks having just a super general purpose set of equipment, but my problem with gear that levels as you level is that you never are really able to get end-game gear without being at or near an end-game level. I liked how in RO you could at least get decent mid-game/end-game gear while you were leveling so you wouldn't ever have to worry about upgrading one piece of your equipment until you reached an end-game level. It felt like I was actually accomplishing something while I was leveling other than just getting exp. Gear hunting also broke up the tedium between grinding, and gave me "something else to do."

Sure, though I don't think it'd work in a binding system; the battle aco will roll on and win a new Chain to upgrade and add to his other 5, increasing his utility, while the Champion will have to try again just to get his first. Such situations are affectionately referred to as "Fucking bullshit! You already have that item, you greedy asshole!", among other things.Well, I hate binding in general so..

luckywhiterabbit
12-21-2010, 08:27 PM

UNIQUE!!!

Hate to burst the bubble, but this isn't unique to RO2 at all. Games have been rolling with this idea for a few years and it's starting to become more of standard. (Versatile characters, I mean) Neither is the "alignment" system.

The broomsticks look to be simply flightpaths as a fast transportation. You're able to fly from one place to another, likely with a fee, as long as you've been there before. That way you're not hauling across country in order to visit a major city. The scenery is usually nice when games put in a system like this, and if all else fails, you can go make yourself a sandwich as you wait. :P

As for graphics, I'm not really a fan of cell-shaded games. If I wished to watch a cartoon of some sort, I would simply turn on my TV. The game doesn't need to be realistic, so to speak, having it's own 3D style is fine. WoW and SW:TOR are good examples of this.

That's terrible logic. If I wanted to play a non-cellshaded game I would just watch a Pixar animaiton. You can't PLAY a cartoon or a 3D animation, hence why there are GAMES that use the same style 9_9

WoW is incredibly ugly and lacks any kind of aesthetic grace I might add. It's about as standard as 3D models in games get. Now Wind Waker and Okami, those are works of art in gaming form.

Pa.rabola
12-21-2010, 10:07 PM
That's terrible logic. If I wanted to play a non-cellshaded game I would just watch a Pixar animaiton. You can't PLAY a cartoon or a 3D animation, hence why there are GAMES that use the same style 9_9

WoW is incredibly ugly and lacks any kind of aesthetic grace I might add. It's about as standard as 3D models in games get. Now Wind Waker and Okami, those are works of art in gaming form.

I disagree. In any case, it's my personal opinion on the fact. I dislike playing games that look like a show I might be watching. On that note: if there was a game that looked closer to Pixar-form, I wouldn't be very into it either. Just sayin'

WoW's been redone with the latest expansion and I can dare call it pretty now. Though, I wish they'd redo the character models to match it.

Frost
12-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Despite its good game play, WoW is ugly. Period. That's what keeps me from playing it.

Quanta
12-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Despite its good game play, WoW is ugly. Period. That's what keeps me from playing it.
That's a pretty shitty reason imo, especially with the last couple of expansions adding even better visuals. Even Burning Crusade was a huge step up visually from the original version in terms of characters and environments.

sidesman
12-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Some info about CBT (http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?sm=title&sk=&seqNo=19&pagenum=1)

imrik
12-22-2010, 02:04 PM

UNIQUE!!!

Don't know who you're responding to, but if it was to my quote:
I didn't say it's going to be unique - just pointing out how I see it.

Heck, it doesn't even look like RO2 will be unique. It looks more like Gravity is collecting good ideas from all around and create its own mix of it. Nonetheless, for now, I like how it sums up. Overall it's good idea to take what works and dismiss what does not - why discovering wheel second time?

It looks like RO2 will offer simplified character development system, which at same time allows for customization of your character's build.
Simplified in terms of not forcing players to know every ins and outs of every mechanics game has in it - game assigns stats for you and you don't need to know STR gives additional bonuses every 10 points and INT every 5 and 7 etc and how HIT is calculated off your DEX and lvl etc etc (so you can't ruin your build by assigning too much of said stat, etc). Also, as far as I understand, skills can be learned to lvl 1 only and from there you'll have to "buy" (or learn for money from NPC) more levels of it - I wonder if skills can be freely reseted if you find your choice of skills not suit your play style. (I'd be glad if someone can say more about how learning skills looks like in RO2)
Customization lies in possible amount of equips and cards sets + you can always choose some skills and dismiss others.

I was merely comparing how I see it to how todays RO works - like going from FS Priest to battle one by swapping some gears and cards, going from FS to ME by swapping gears and cards and having skills that suit both play styles or going from AD crea to brewer by changing gears and cards and role.
In current RO it's not possible - you'd have to create 3 different characters of same class.

AND, if i remember well, there is the evil/neutral/good system which means even more customization to each char
May I ask for source on this as well? I'd like to know more, since it'd add another layer of customization to game.

Pa.rabola
12-22-2010, 02:42 PM
UNIQUE!!!

Don't know who you're responding to, but if it was to my quote:

Not you, in the end. I just wound up addressing some of it. :P

As I said, the latest expansions (especially Cataclysm) has done it grand. Ignore the crappy screenie quality and the fact that my UI is pits right now since I'm lazy:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/lostparabola/iWiki/wutwutugly.png
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/lostparabola/iWiki/wutwutugly2.png

In any case, it's not "realistic" per say in the fact that the game sports its own style of things, but it's not really a cartoon either.

Rioru
12-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Some info about CBT (http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?sm=title&sk=&seqNo=19&pagenum=1)

Images :x I can't use my favorite tool "Google translate" . And I can't find something that looks like a date into these images, perhaps someone that can understand korean can help us?

yakumo-chan
12-23-2010, 03:43 AM

give me 1 game with the idea like this

I disagree. In any case, it's my personal opinion on the fact. I dislike playing games that look like a show I might be watching. On that note: if there was a game that looked closer to Pixar-form, I wouldn't be very into it either. Just sayin'

LOL, Games are games, and Movies are Movies,
graphics are only a style of gaming.
so when you say that "this is so much realistic and you just wanted to watch a movie instead", this sentence is still denied by the words that "Movies are different than Games"
you just cant say that I would turn on my tv and watch a cartoon instead.
IMO Cartoon Games are much better than 3D Games.

one of the examples of this were suikoden, breath of fire, and castlevania.
the later version of this games became 3d and I kinda dont like it, except for suikoden V.

Pa.rabola
12-23-2010, 09:54 AM
give me 1 game with the idea like this

FFXIV. Heck, the earlier predecessor of FFXI had this rolling in a way as well. Even some console games used this sort of system years ago.

LOL, Games are games, and Movies are Movies,
graphics are only a style of gaming.
so when you say that "this is so much realistic and you just wanted to watch a movie instead", this sentence is still denied by the words that "Movies are different than Games"
you just cant say that I would turn on my tv and watch a cartoon instead.
IMO Cartoon Games are much better than 3D Games.

one of the examples of this were suikoden, breath of fire, and castlevania.
the later version of this games became 3d and I kinda dont like it, except for suikoden V.

I never said things were too realistic? I only said I wasn't asking for it to be such. Honestly, I have no idea what your point is here.

Games became '3D' due to technology progression and I prefer it that way. I'd much rather be immersed into a world as such, as opposed to having a flat-style image.

Bui
12-23-2010, 04:56 PM
If you guys know korean, mind giving a general translation of the new updates on the life job classes? Since its posted on an image I can't just copy and paste into a translator. Thanks

Sepia
12-23-2010, 07:41 PM
I would be glad to translate everything; but I just can't access the website at all. I will be taking the images that are posted here and translate them instead, so I apologize if I miss any info.

Frost
12-23-2010, 09:09 PM
I'll put the stuff that needs translating in a new thread so it doesn't get cluttered here.

Sepia
12-23-2010, 09:22 PM
See the translations here (http://forums.irowiki.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)

Frost
12-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Very well done! XD

I love how you translate every little tidbit.

What program did you use? Adobe Illustrator?

Sepia
12-23-2010, 09:46 PM
aha just quick photoshop.

Frost
12-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your hard work btw. XD

Sepia
12-23-2010, 10:11 PM
np!!! I gotta work for my Sheepia title

siamau
12-23-2010, 11:06 PM
I tried to translate a few things off the new announcement and I think it's just an update about the 'other' jobs, and that they will be available in the CBT, not really any info about when the CBT will be I don't think..
I think it says they're changing the names of 'doctor' and 'tailor' to 'alchemist' and 'artisan' respectively. The other tab has 4 guardians, one for each of the jobs, from top to bottom: alchemist's guardian, artisan's, blacksmith's, chef's. I don't know what they're for but I'm guessing from the screenshots they help you level up.
I'm sure Sepia will do a much better job of translating but that's pretty much the gist of it.

edit: there's also something about combining an Alchemist-made purified potion with a Blacksmith-made sword to get the 'Magic of Fantasy' sword

Pa.rabola
12-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Sepia just translated it all. :)

yakumo-chan
12-24-2010, 05:03 AM
FFXIV. Heck, the earlier predecessor of FFXI had this rolling in a way as well. Even some console games used this sort of system years ago..
There are no card system on FFIV

I never said things were too realistic? I only said I wasn't asking for it to be such. Honestly, I have no idea what your point is here.

Actually Im not really reffering you saying that things being realistic, because I did used the word "WHEN"
also,
you said that:

I dislike playing games that look like a show I might be watching. .
I find this words kinda..... you know.. LOL:lol:
thats why I said Games are games and movies are movies

Quanta
12-24-2010, 10:31 AM
FFXIV. Heck, the earlier predecessor of FFXI had this rolling in a way as well. Even some console games used this sort of system years ago..
There are no card system on FFIV

No, but you were commenting on the fact that a poster mentioned that you can perform different roles with only one character instead of having to make a new character for each role you want to fulfill as if it's exciting and new. This is not a unique feature to RO2; even WoW allows you to do almost anything with one character, depending on class, with talent respecs and dual speccing; the only classes that are really pigeonholed into one role are the pure DPS classes--warlock, mage, hunter, and rogue--though one could argue that they can switch between both PvE and PvP specs.

Marylain
12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
News from the site:
http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?sm=title&sk=&seqNo=21&pagenum=1

Still no announcement for the next beta?

Sid
01-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Some News:

This channel have some videos (probably) about the Closed Beta Phase 2:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shaktoh#p/u

Interesting videos:

Monsters (love it!)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shaktoh#p/u/10/lshXnVeh_po
(http://www.youtube.com/user/Shaktoh#p/u/10/lshXnVeh_po)
---------

New Interface and the NPC zoom from the old RO2 is back (at 2:16)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shaktoh#p/u/1/tJZA8YNMIuo

---------

Prontera's Castle

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shaktoh#p/u/7/QUeCbgnaWAY

And some videos about Payon Dungeon, Tutorial Area, Dungeon Commom Cave, Bottomless etc!

EXTRA:

This vídeo is from another Youtube user, claiming this is the NEW Prontera BGM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIA0QR33bfU

I would love if this is the NEW Prontera BGM *o*

yakumo-chan
01-04-2011, 12:38 AM
EXTRA:

me too! it just brings back memories!
I would like payon, alberta, geffen, Izlude to stick to its original BGM

I would love improvement on the grass,, it still looks ugly

Frost
01-04-2011, 12:50 AM
CBT2 hasn't even officially started. Why the hell are you complaining about the grass from the old build?

Marylain
01-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Wasn't Izlude destroyed or something like that in RO2 LotS?
Oh, BTW, anyone here willing to share the working script for that damned page?
Don't be so selfish.
I tried to change something in the old script, but I always get the "error" message as soon as I try to click on "Start Button".

Prontera new BGM is VERY nice! ^_^

chap
01-04-2011, 07:00 AM
EXTRA:

OMG
just a perfect mix between nostalgic and innovation. loved it.

now im hyped thanks this music *-*

Shakto
01-04-2011, 05:13 PM
all my cbt2 video here
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shaktoh

aco999
01-04-2011, 09:47 PM
a new annoucement regarding "Chara System" is up in the official website...
*waiting for translation xD*

I Smell CBT2 air xD

EDIT:

Upon visiting the file server,

I noticed that the client has been updated last Dec. 24, 2010, and additional patches were added.

Upon installing the new client I found BGMs of the previous RO2 (GotW) and RO1's SoundTEMP BGMs (particularly Theme of Prontera)
http://i55.tinypic.com/w8qqs3.jpg

*currently uploading the said BGMs to my SkyDrive*
*will update this post upon patch completion*

Bui
01-05-2011, 03:17 AM
I noticed the art change to the interface, I think its an improvement.

TheRabbi
01-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Considering that this isn't out at all yet, what are the realistic expectations of seeing this in North America? Compound to that the fact that iRO is dying anyway (while kRO and jRO are still rumored to be going strong) would they even pursue the cost and effort to translate it for the international audience?

xer0
01-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Still, both of them are sprites so I really donp't understand why I cannot make a comparison.
Obviously, I'm aware that OS sprites use a different style and they are HD, but that doesn't change the fact that RO sprites are not that great as you claim they are.

As I said they are awfully recycled:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QhZyGgDL_MHNBM:http://kairi.poring.eu/onishi/third/hp.jpg&t=1

You can say what you want but the ENTIRE production of "priest" sprites is a COPY (just to make an example, 'cause there are many jobs affected with this problem -> see: dancer/gypsy->wanderer).
The male sprite is an EVEN more shameful example: not only the clothes are almost the same (only colors and some features change), but he sits more or less in the SAME way.
And, to get things worse, they are MIRRORED meaning that the entire sprite set is only HALF designed.

Seriously... you cannot udge a poor work like that "great".
That doesn't make sense at all especially because there's a lot better around (you can also see Disgaea for a more RO style).
You... don't really know what you're talking about when it comes to spritework, do you? Actually put the sprites in photoshop or whatever your favorite visual design program is and try to mirror them and see what you come up with. Even then it only works at two angles. Front and back.

Also, RO's spriting isn't just about player characters. A great majortiy of the monster spriting is wonderful. Unless you want to tell me that Naght Seiger, or Bapho, or Drac is mirrored or recycled too. Sorry I was a little late to the game on this by the way. Just kinda got my goat when I read it.

Marylain
01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
@aTr0z: So I have to download from 03 till the end of the list?

@xer0:What are you trying to say?
Sprites are mirrored and half-designed and I really doubt you can say the opposite about that.
Oh BTW, many concepts are copies from other games so I really don't understand where is all this "perfection" in Gravity work.
I don't saying the sprites are awful or something like that.
I just say that they cannot be considered an example of a perfect work.

@Shakto and others: I don't want to open a rant or whatsoever, but...
instead of posting all these useless screenshots (they are useless now 'cause we already saw the new GUI and sprites thanks to Montrey and MaXi - who are still keeping the script on their own), why don't you share with the community the working script to launch the client?
What do you lose in sharing it?

aTr0z
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
If he does it, severals players will suddenly appear in the server and they would easily discover and fix it since it's not open for public yet. Shakto is helping as much he can with translations+ and even taking some media for us.

The CBT2 patcher automatically start the update from 04

Shakto
01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
If he does it, severals players will suddently appear in the server and they would easily discover and fix it since it's not open for public yet. Shakto is helping as much he can with translations+ and even taking some media for us.

The CBT2 patcher automatically start the update from 04

Like he said, i don't want to see appear 100 ppl on server and get banned like them.
Next, serveur and client are unstable, there is some crash client when i use a skill, fly or reward a quest. Server crash when i try to reward some quests too. I don't want that servers are down 24h/24 because 100ppl want run in midgard.
I'm working on translation for the french community. I use my account to verify them and gather some packet for janus community who work on emulator ( I will play on offi if the game will come out in europe but we never now)

And to finish, there is a NEW interface, look at the target, they add some textures in rag_003.tga....

Marylain
01-05-2011, 03:32 PM
This is not a question of being banned nor being helpful.
For the ban thing, I'm sorry but if you get in the game NOW, you can easly be banned in every moment even if you are alone in Midgard. So if you really care about your account you should stop to do what you are doing.
For the same reason I really don't believe so many people will want to login with their own account.
For the being helpful thing, I sent a private message to some users here who got into the game and I specified that I'm working for an italian RO2 community.
So what's now?
I'm in your same position and I have ONLY an account to "sacrifice" so if you send me a PM with the working script you'll only get one extra player who will test the game during night hours and provide informations and datas for that community (by sharing the same account - not 5,10 or 20 - actively with other users of that community).

Again, I don't think providing some extra access will ruin anything.
Remember that, in the past, the script was public and used by many players during CLOSED server times and no one got banned.

See ya and have a good time.

Shakto
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Well look at your pm

Pa.rabola
01-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Alright, that's enough bickering over this. This is not the place for it, nor is any of the threads in this section of the forums.

This is your warning.

aco999
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
01/06/2011 09:22AM

A HUGE patch file has been added, about 600 MB :o

January 7, 2011:

http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Newboard_view.asp?seqNo=73

라그나로크 온라인2는
이러한 수정 사항들과 이후 게임 개발의 방향성을 재점검하고자 많은 의견을 주셨던
1차 탐험대원 여러분을 대상으로 "R케어 테스트"라는 고객 만족 테스트를 진행하기로 하였습니다.

R 케어 테스트 기간 및 일정은 다음과 같습니다.

▶ 테스트 기간
- 2011년 1월 25일 ~ 1월 28일(4일간)

▶ 테스트 시간
- 18:00 ~ 23:00

For what I understood,

Testing dates are from January 25 to January 28

from 6:00 PM to 11 PM, Korean Standard Time.

I'm soo damn ready!

sidesman
01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Another new link (http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/rcare/CBT_check_point.asp)

aco999
01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
*Goosebumps

Prontera Cathedral Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOKd1LLV43Q

Now, the BGM really matched that of a church's. xD

yakumo-chan
01-09-2011, 04:08 AM
MOROCC theme song is back too!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3V4QAPijFQ

Im pretty sure that geffen,alberta and payon would also going back too!

Drakestar89
01-09-2011, 09:17 AM
The payon theme is the same like in ro1, but it's sounds scary. destroyed payon maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8ou8uOlLbU

aco999
01-09-2011, 06:11 PM
The payon theme is the same like in ro1, but it's sounds scary. destroyed payon maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8ou8uOlLbU

Well, it is named Payon Tome.mp3 :o

EDIT:

Uploaded all the BGMs to my Skydrive O_O (http://cid-5141f66ef60eb360.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/RO2%20Legend%20of%20the%20Second%20CBT-2%20BGM)

Pa.rabola
01-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Please, please post in the proper threads? :|

Marylain
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
What's the difference between this thread and Beta Help?
The question I did could be either be posted here or there... it was just an information.
Take it easy.

veniality
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
The question I did could be either be posted here or there... it was just an information.
Take it easy.
I would assume anything regarding how to connect to the game or account questions would be under beta help and any general discussion about the game itself would be under...general discussion.

@Topic It seems like they're really starting to pull things together. The new interface looks better and they're getting more of the other aspects of the game into place. Looking forward to the finished product. :)

Pa.rabola
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Take it easy.

Beta is for help with account/client things. This thread is for discussion about the game itself. I made a similar post in the mentioned thread, actually.

Marylain
01-11-2011, 02:35 AM
Too bad VBullettin doesn't provide subtitles function then.
Cause the only topic I imagined for "Beta Help" was something regarding technical problems (client crashes) or questions regarding the game itself (how to finish a quest, where to buy a Peco and so on).
Oh well.
Thanks for the explanation anyway and sorry for all this mess.

sidesman
01-13-2011, 07:18 AM
http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Devboard_view.asp?seqNo=24

Marylain
01-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Sohee!!! *_____*
I really hope I'll be able to see these new locations... CBT days (and open times) are too few to let everyone test the features of the game IMHO.

aco999
01-18-2011, 07:49 PM
There is an event posted @ the official website,

http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/news/Newboard_view.asp?seqNo=74

As far as I can understand, the event is about "recommending" someone, with an account who aren't able to get the message that they are.

So better get ready, since the website login's still undergoing weekly maintenance, and will be up about less than 3 hours from this post O_O

Good luck to everyone.

UPDATE:

I logged in my account and jumped in to the event page, typed my other account username that got the message that it's not in. Then I got this message:
http://ro2.game.gnjoy.com/evt/tester/20110114/01_04.jpg

When I try to enter a different username or the username I entered which produced the message above, I get this message:
http://i54.tinypic.com/1eovow.jpg

MaXi
01-18-2011, 10:41 PM
i dont get it =/
u mean i can invite/recommend some account?

NitewolfX13
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Damnit.. Still not in. T__T Although, thanks for sharing the info.

So I guess the only way to get in, if by someone else..? Anyone wanna be totally awesome and toss an invite to me?

Marylain
01-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Me if someone teaches me how to do it...

xBadBoi
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
someone willing to spare me an invite? T_T i am dying to test out RO2

Marylain
01-21-2011, 02:40 AM
As I said, I can provide an invite... the only thing is... I need an explanation.
PM me with a step by step guide and I'll be very happy to invite a user. ^_^

yakumo-chan
01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
me too send me an invite

teh_hungry_cavalry
01-22-2011, 01:12 AM
The Payon Tome BGM sound a bit sad for me... instead of it being scary then followed by Kuja's(FF IX) Battle Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L40Uiq8Qy4).

Frost
01-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Just a friendly reminder that RO2 CBT2 will start tomorrow. If anyone's going to do live streams, please post any link(s) in the Screenshots, Movies, and Live Streams thread. (http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=62617) Links to streams that no longer function will be removed.

TJM
01-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Anyone try to log in early like last time? I forgot how to do it :s and maybe it's different now with the new client.

aco999
01-25-2011, 01:27 AM
An hour and a half to go... /go

EDIT:

Removed post, *I'mmm sooo drunk O_O*

Marylain
01-25-2011, 01:37 AM
TJM: For that we need a working scrip which allow us to make "start button" workable.
Hopefully someone will post it like the last time.

Oh, BTW: R-Care Invite page seems not working anymore.

Resplendent
01-25-2011, 08:34 AM
As this thread has gotten a bit long, I've created a new sticky for discussing the current test period.