Author Topic: PS Vita  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Murray

• Murple Stury 2
    • View Profile
PS Vita
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:56:41 PM »

Offline RageEXE

• View Profile
Re: PS Vita
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:46:50 AM »
Yet when asked about an international price drop, they turn the other way.

Seems like Sony doesn't generally give a damn about the Vita outside Japan.

Offline Jacqueli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 05:51:52 AM »
Meh, it really isn't much of a significant price drop. Anyone whose been holding off around that price line probably got it during the last years Black Friday sales.

Vita got a price drop because it hasn't been selling well in Japan, it really hasn't been holding up much either in the states/europe but it's been doing better than a contained island nearing towards complete isolation.

That said, what's hurting the VITA is pretty much the same reason what's hurting the Wii U. There's nothing to freaking play, there's hardly any games. There's only three vita games I have, one I wish didn't come with the vita and I got another $40 off instead (AC3:L, it kinda sucks), one gotten in a 50% sale and apparently free for PS+ members and in the immediate possibly non-apocalyptic future? Two games that I'd buy, one of them a game that's been long since released on the PS3 and is essentially a PS3->VITA port with DLC content free and some extras.

On the plus side the future looks bright for the VITA if they don't take away the VITA plans for Phantasy Star Online 2 and Final Fantasy XIV, because those are the pretty much the few things making me not regret it buying a VITA. Well okay, I probably would have bought one anyways just for the upcoming Ys game. :colbert:

Offline Reverie

• Hermit
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »
I also think I read that Sony made it extremely inconvenient for multiple region account owners like myself (one U.S. one Japan account). I think while the device itself is region free the memory cards are now account locked as of firmware 1.80 or something?

As for games the one I wanted to play is coming out for the PS3 as well so there's one less vita game to worry about. There's also Disgaea 3's new release buuuut I already have the PS3 version. Lastly there's Uncharted Golden Abyss but it's not a high priority game for me.

I'm not even sure what games I want aside from these few and since Sony wants to be an ass about multiple accounts and memory cards that will deter me from getting a vita any year soon. The PS3 allows easy as hell account changing and it isn't even that bad to change it for the PSP. The Vita however is another matter entirely from what I've read and it's not like it's a cheap handheld with cheap peripherals.

Offline Ryochan

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_j-FTHpzoQ[/ame]
iRO - Retired
Ryochan - Assassin Cross
Ryochizan - Alchemist
Shin Ryo - Monk

Rick James: "Cocain Tree Of Savior is a hell of a drug." *giggles*

Offline Ryochan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 09:36:02 AM »
Awesome game came in the mail yesterday, I recommend it!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Ts2-zp3zc[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Rebirth-Pre-Order-Bonus-playstation-vita/dp/B00B7ELWAU]Amazon.com: Muramasa Rebirth: playstation vita: Video Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61SIuSuj93L.@@AMEPARAM@@61SIuSuj93L[/ame]
iRO - Retired
Ryochan - Assassin Cross
Ryochizan - Alchemist
Shin Ryo - Monk

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
Interesting looking. I am looking for new vita games to play, myself.

Offline Jacqueli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
If you haven't already, give Atelier Totori+ a try. It's a very light hearted RPG game that deviates from the save of the world "Epics"; In September, the sequel to Torori, Meruru+ will be coming out for the vita.

I think Ys 4 is coming out for the VITA (early September), don't worry about playing the games out of order if you've never tried them.

Ragnarok Odyssey sometime, no clue about it much.

Level-5 (NNK...) is making something called Time Travelers, so-called game has "No Genre". It'll probably be released stateside. I really don't like Level-5 :colbert:

There's three Neptunia games coming out in JP, which will probably be released stateside.

Ciel Nosurge which  is a werid Sim kinda. Hard to explain, not sure if it'll ever come  stateside.

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »
Atelier Totori Plus was the last game I played actually :) I liked that one.

Offline Jacqueli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »
It really is, Totori is one of three games I've bothered getting  platinum for (PS3 Ver), the other being infamous 1 and gravity rush was a  freebie. I really recommend anyone who hasn't tried Totori to pick up a  copy on either the PS3 or VITA.

You'll enjoy Meruru as well if  you haven't tried that one also, it's already out on the PS3 but the  Vita supposedly adds things and the PS3 DLC comes free. It pretty much  snowballs everything from Rorona/Totori and makes both alchemy/world  exploration enjoyable. Only thing is your forced to get the true ending  on a new game+ unless they changed that.

I don't advise playing  Rorona however, unless you just want to complete it for either  completion sake or you dig the characters and story. It's rigid and  stiff, so you pretty much need to plan what you need to do as opposed to  having leeway in both Totori and Meruru.

If you, or anyone has a PS3 and enjoy this type of game. I also recommend Ayesha, which is the start of a new series (labeled Dusk, the prior three were Arland). The atmosphere of the setting is pretty cheery for it being a post-apocalyptic world, but the cast of characters (minus the spoony bard) are all enjoyable. The game however is easy, so long as you keep mindful eye on upgrading equipment and armors; but it has a lot of freedom when it comes to doing what you want even up to getting the required plot items (you need a total of six, which I think the game gives you 2~3; and there's 8+ other ones to grab around the world). Need a guide for the true ending probably however (Just to figure out the requirements).

The final boss theme of Ayesha is a major earworm, I couldn't get it out of my head for a while. Avoid the link if you/anyone don't want yourself spoiled.

Spoiler: show

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY[/ame]

The sequel to Ayesha (Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky) follows up a year after Ayesha ends iirc. Haven't played this one and been avoiding spoilers, but I do know you choose between two protagonists in this one. Same storyline, but different events between the two, so kinda like Atelier meets Star Ocean 2.

Offline Ryochan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
iRO - Retired
Ryochan - Assassin Cross
Ryochizan - Alchemist
Shin Ryo - Monk

Offline Acolyte

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »
When a Valkyria Chronicles game gets announced for the PS Vita, then I will buy one :)

So far, nothing interests me as much on the system.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
Quote from: Jacqueli;1360001
Ragnarok Odyssey sometime, no clue about it much.

Please, don't.  This game is an enormous waste of money.  It's one of only 3 games I've ever returned in my life because it was bad.

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
I feel like I am wasting the vita's potential. I am using it to emulate PSOne games lately.

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 07:54:14 AM »
My best Vita games are Persona 3 and 4, so I know how you feel.