Author Topic: Persona Q  (Read 611 times)

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Persona Q
« on: December 10, 2014, 02:17:40 PM »
Released Nov. 25th in the U.S. for Nintendo 3DS only, they took Etrian Odyssey and reskinned it as Persona. You play as the characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4 with a couple of new ones in new scenarios. Pretty good move with the series even if it's a re-using of older content with new story. The Etrian Odyssey game engine actually lends itself very well to the persona series, makes the dungeons more comfortable.

The graphics are nice enough for the 3DS, dungeons have a little more decoration than the norm for Persona games, it's a shame it wasn't released on the Vita though because it would probably look great on a system with better capabilities and the 3DS isn't quite up to par. The graphics look better than Pokemon X/Y but maybe not as good as those in Pokemon ORAS.

It's more expensive than most 3DS games, but if you're a fan of either Persona or Etrian Odyssey, you should definitely check it out imo.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:18:40 PM by Sera »
Be you steadfast.

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
Re: Persona Q
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:51:33 PM »
so its like a modern super mario 2

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Persona Q
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 08:25:13 PM »
something like that :p
seems more like "Etrian Odyssey has been critically well reviewed but we can't get americans to buy it"

I personally really like the Etrian Odyssey series and I have to say the people saying this game is "omg hard" are either playing it on the max difficulty setting or have never played an EO game before.

I haven't gotten a chance to get super far into the game because my wife keeps making me do shit, but only real complaints so far are that 1. you might as well keep auto-map turned on because things you fill in by hand do not count towards map completion (and actually make it harder to do because you have no idea where you've been and not) and 2. the sub-persona menu is kind of awkward to use

There's no Social Links, if you liked those, but characters do respond differently to dialogue, not sure if there's a hidden affection parameter, but I'm guessing probably not since it's on the EO engine. There is also no time constraint though, which I think is nice for a Persona game, no penalty for grinding.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:26:48 PM by Sera »
Be you steadfast.