Author Topic: Blade and Soul NA  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Blade and Soul NA
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:09:50 AM »
One beta has already passed, decided to get in on the game, I know I saw it somewhere but for the life of me I can't find the beta dates, does anyone have them or know them?
Be you steadfast.

Offline ZipZip

• View Profile
Re: Blade and Soul NA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »
Quote from: Sera;1412312
One beta has already passed, decided to get in on the game, I know I saw it somewhere but for the life of me I can't find the beta dates, does anyone have them or know them?

This weekend friday-monday 10 am pst-10pm pst.

Thanksgiving [24th?]for a while week, Tuesday>Monday.

following the next weekend friday>monday then again friday>monday

Then it ends. It's around ~December 18th I think? Something like that.

prior schedule was opening day thursday>monday, skipped last week now it's coming to this week, 5 total tests [no wipes? from what I know of]

Spoiler: show

insanely easy to level, expect to hit 45 in ~2 days of playing? maybe 3.

Dungeons are alright and pvp is usually only 1v1, sometimes 3v3's are going but w/o a decent team you'll never match 3-mans.

Um World PvP doesnt really go on much besides highs camping lows atm, no one really is trying or cares to get faction points up, mostly farming for cool gears/costumes. You might encounter some world now since it's the 2nd beta portion but...it was semi-barren most people just doing the 1v1's.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:04:36 AM by ZipZip »
Quote from: Corgi Claws;1320004

Quote from: Akari;1319924
Hey blue, can you pm me what ani_holic posted? Or any mod for that matter.

he made fun of the RWC team in one of his posts.

We can\'t have that.

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 02:47:19 AM »
cool, thanks

do they have a stable server/world configuration or are they just using a generic beta test server that will be integrated into the real servers on launch?
Be you steadfast.

Offline ZipZip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
Actually servers seem like the real deal, I wanna say it's 4 servers [but it might only be 3?] Im on the one that starts with J, jiwan I think?

My ping seems incredibly fine on it, everything seems reactive [btw ctrl+f hides characters so if people disappear on your screen that's why, tons of people were complaining about invisible people in pvp till I told them that]

In fact it feels like it could have gone live last week and still been fine, I only have one real complaint and that's the sprint system, you run out of sprint way too fast and ofc it can't be used during combat [which sucks imo but understandable I guess].

We can\'t have that.

Offline Ryochan

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 12:04:39 PM »
I've been playing. Was on the ToS beta the last time though. Add Ryochan on Mushi if you need some help or something. (I was in the alpha, so I got in before the flood of ppl, Mushi's pretty full though.

Random char showoff: http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Bruce-Lee1/Blade%20and%20Soul%20NA%20Beta/story

Quote from: ZipZip;1412316
Actually servers seem like the real deal, I wanna say it's 4 servers [but it might only be 3?] Im on the one that starts with J, jiwan I think?

My ping seems incredibly fine on it, everything seems reactive [btw ctrl+f hides characters so if people disappear on your screen that's why, tons of people were complaining about invisible people in pvp till I told them that]

In fact it feels like it could have gone live last week and still been fine, I only have one real complaint and that's the sprint system, you run out of sprint way too fast and ofc it can't be used during combat [which sucks imo but understandable I guess].

Later down the line, you get more stamina, I forgot how high it goes up to though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:05:51 PM by Ryochan »
iRO - Retired
Ryochan - Assassin Cross
Ryochizan - Alchemist
Shin Ryo - Monk

Rick James: "Cocain Tree Of Savior is a hell of a drug." *giggles*

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 02:20:33 AM »
debating whether or not i should stay up until 1 to at least make a character

really want to play around with the character maker
Be you steadfast.

Offline ZipZip

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 06:49:40 AM »
Quote from: Ryochan;1412335
Later down the line, you get more stamina, I forgot how high it goes up to though.

How much later? Im lvl 45(max) on my KFM and FM and I haven't noticed my stamina go any higher? At least not in a large enough capacity, I think I went from 12k>18k? but that doesn't seem high enough to matter [It equated to like ~6 seconds of running speed].

I'd say the biggest issue I have with the stamina factor is I don't understand why there is even a stamina bar in the first place. You can't sprint in combat so why even have the bar and not just unlimited sprint while out of combat?

I could see having the bar if you could sprint in combat as a way to stop people from Ranging you and running 24/7 but I fail to see the necessity of the bar for how it operates now.

Also I felt some of the normal camera view is god awful for KFM, most combos if I don't have my target dead center of my screen [Like even if my character is facing them] it won't trigger any of my combos, I feel like there needs to be a button that auto centers your camera view, I haven't tested out all the camera setting so I can't say for sure if there is actually an issue with that.

Grappling works weird, half the time can't trigger it due to not having them directly in front of my screen [even with my character on them it won't trigger it until I turn my camera] same for pop ups/juggles it won't let me do it which imo is super weird because LBM isn't like that nor is FM, at least that I've noticed?

My friend said his assassin isn't like that either so not sure whats going on.

All in all a pretty clean game though, just hoping world pvp is an actual thing as I can see myself getting incredibly bored of 1v1's.

We can\'t have that.

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 10:32:36 AM »
There, I made a cute little catgirl named Vapid on the server that starts with a J

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:26:43 AM by Sera »
Be you steadfast.

Offline Ryochan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »
Quote from: ZipZip;1412354

My friend said his assassin isn't like that either so not sure whats going on.

Yeah, it's not your camera, it's the fact that most of KFM's skills lock their position in place. You can do an attack and turn your camera, but your character will be facing the way it attacked for awhile. It won't turn mid-animation. Using Q and E helps set the position again though. There's a lot of weird hitbox restrictions due to Unreal Engine 3. I wish there was an easy way to xfer UE3 to UE4. Game would be soooo much better with the upgrade.

As for pvp there's 1 v 1, 3 v 3, 6 v 6 BG (not in the beta atm). Open world PVP is exactly what it is lol, can be random, 1 v 1, 1 v 2, 2 v 5, or zerg fest.
iRO - Retired
Ryochan - Assassin Cross
Ryochizan - Alchemist
Shin Ryo - Monk

Offline ZipZip

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 07:37:02 PM »
Quote from: Ryochan;1412390
As for pvp there's 1 v 1, 3 v 3, 6 v 6 BG (not in the beta atm). Open world PVP is exactly what it is lol, can be random, 1 v 1, 1 v 2, 2 v 5, or zerg fest.

Right now Jiwan's open world is akin to....one person maybe every 2-3 hours trying to pvp w/ uniforms on.

I'm hoping in the actual game it'll be like 50-60 people at least [I've seen videos of this being the case in the other version so I'm assuming it should be the same here]

6v6 sounds cool so hopefully we'll see that at some point in the beta.

We can\'t have that.

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 08:00:04 AM »
I think once there's a bigger and more-bored end-game population you'll start seeing more open world pvp, F2P players will probably help out with that too.
Be you steadfast.

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 11:46:56 PM »
Blade & Soul is set to launch in North America and Europe on January 19, 2016 in full English, French and German! Ahead of the official launch, Name Reservation will be available Disciple and Master Pack purchasers on January 11, and the Head Start period for all Founder's Pack purchasers will begin on January 15.

Looks like they're bumping it up a bit, Mid January is a hell of a lot better than the "Late Spring" that was getting thrown around. I agree with the people who say the game can just be released right now as it is, said that around there and a bunch of people whined about all the bugs they were having, but I don't know, I think it's easily less shitty bug-wise than most MMOs that have been out for years by now anyway.
Be you steadfast.

Offline Ryochan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 03:03:02 AM »
The main thing they're doing right now, is bug fixing for the content that isn't out yet, and adjusting difficulty/voice translations. The difficulty we had was lowered due to other versions having a higher max lvl. So our version had the early lvls, ultra easy with lvl 50 skills, to speed through to the higher lvl content like the silverfrost mountains or w/e. That won't be in-game till the 50 patch. They've adjusted some areas during the last beta weekend though. I was helping a lvl 30 friend fight a lvl 30 boss while I was at lvl 45. Not only did the boss have more HP, but he covered his face like a boxer to block attacks. Iunno why, but that hyped me, because that kind of change was cool to see. Never once have I ever had to use a block break attack on a boss.
iRO - Retired
Ryochan - Assassin Cross
Ryochizan - Alchemist
Shin Ryo - Monk

Offline Prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 12:09:46 AM »
Necro bump. I just found out about this game and started playing it over the weekend. I'm on Gunma server if anyone's playing.

I'm liking the game so far . . . well any game that features high jump is a huge plus for me. I just enjoy how it looks.

Classes are a bit unique as it does not adhere to the holy trinity. Utilizing and countering block/evade/parry skills are also something I don't see that often in MMOs. I tried a Blade Master and I could go from killing a solo boss with <30% hp left to >90% hp left depending on how much I pay attention to parrying. I should also point out that pots are expensive as heck for beginners and natural out-of-combat hp regen is something you'll only find in RO these days; aka not a source of hp recovery. Summoner, which is my main, on the other hand is just OP with an AoE life steal spell and that I have used zero pots so far going to lvl 28.

As for PvP, I haven't done any structured PvP, but I just have to comment on world PK. The most interesting thing as I haven't seen a system like this in other MMOs: you turn your PK flag on/off by putting on your faction's costume. Don't want to be ganked by the opposing faction while you grind? Simply take off the costume. Although, there is a 5 second casting time to remove your costume to prevent players from simply taking it off in the middle of a fight. Other than PKing for fun, I do believe there are quests that require you to put on your faction costume so those quests still have an element of PK ganking.

Game play aside, there are two little problems. Queue and spam bots.

Queue was horrendous at first. My first time took me 5 hours while my friend took 18 hours. But now with the added new servers which we moved to, it's not so bad. The longest I've had to queue on Gunma is 10 minutes and that's during peak hours. The higher pop servers still have ~1 hour queue times on peak hours.

As for spam bots. The dumbest thing in a f2p mmo: they have a 50 player block limit. In less than 10 minutes, I already blocked 50 spam bots in my chat, with lots more spam going on. Needless to say, until that is resolved, region chat, lfg chat, and faction chat are all dead useless. Faction chat is most important since up until yesterday, it was actually fun to chat with other people. Asking questions about the game, telling your faction where PK spawn campers are, those kind of things. Now it's all spam ♥♥♥ (I guess it took the spam bots a week to figure out how to get into faction chat).

Overall, an okay MMO for f2p. I'm not sure if it's something I'll ever play seriously in the long run, but it is something to keep me busy at the moment.
Marvel Heroes | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2 | iRO | Origin
kfmc | Kevs@kfmc on Mindflayer | Kevs.1679 on Sea of Sorrows | ropd | kfmc

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 02:58:05 AM »
I'm Ire in Jiwan.

HP regen is only an issue for stupid people, a lot of classes get self-heals of some sort and if you just pick up the white items that drop in dungeons you'll have plenty of dumplings and potions. Gotta be careful with your keys and your charms though, because you'll run into some shit that sinks them later one, and also Transformation Stones are $$$ while you're still leveling.

The spambots were actually manageable with blocking for a while until yesterday (25th/26th) something happened and there were suddenly hundreds of them. Hoping they put a level restriction on public chat channels. Level 10 restriction being implemented today (26th/27th)

Once you get high enough level I really recommend checking out structured pvp (the 1v1s particularly) you queue for it like you would any dungeon and it basically just drops you in a circular room with another player and you play to two wins. They do use a point ranking system so you need to play a few matches for it to calculate a somewhat accurate ranking for you and match you against people of appropriate skill.
It's very simple though, which is actually very nice, and pushes you to learn a lot more about your class.
HOWEVER, class balance isn't the greatest in PVP at the moment and there are definitely some classes which are better than others.

Also don't ignore crafting, in case you didn't want to read all the shit in-game, pick two gathering and two crafting professions then just hit the "L" button. Gathering and crafting is automated by third party and you just pay them, which is significantly less gay than in most games, but you still need to rack up the points.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:10:47 AM by Sera »
Be you steadfast.