Author Topic: iRO wiki calc is wrong?  (Read 1268 times)

Offline DaviD~*

• View Profile
iRO wiki calc is wrong?
« on: December 29, 2014, 01:50:37 PM »
Hello gents, just noticed that when you level a stat from 124 to 125 on the calculator it uses only 29 stat points instead of 32. I think its a easy fix.

http://calc.irowiki.org/

:monocle:
~~

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
Re: iRO wiki calc is wrong?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »
The calc is no longer under development

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://rostory.org
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 11:34:44 AM »
But if someone would like to fix it, we're all ears!
iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray Goodbye RO! | ropd | http://www.rainymood.com

breeg : if you ds fast enough it\'s kinda like having them exp tap shit for you

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 07:00:57 PM »
I am designing a new one that is easier to update and uses mysql. Updating the old one would be a waste of time, considering how arduous it is.

If you really, really need to be able to plan stat points out, you can use a non-english one: http://www.c-oga.com/ro.php
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 07:04:22 PM by Jayed »

Offline Gamuza

• Alpacas are kawaii.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gamuzas FTW though.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »
The calc is indeed hard to maintain but in the meantime it would be good if we had a working one. A year ago I fiddled with its code a bit, fixed a small bug in a skill and added one or two items just for the fun. If you want I could, at the very least, maintain the item list updated.
Ragnarok. Ragnarok never changes.

Offline Terrace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 05:35:44 AM »
Hello Jayed and Gamuza I have a question for each of you.

Jayed, I  wanted to ask are you still making your calculator or did you decide  not to continue with it, if you did decide to carry on can we look at a  picture of what it will be like or *fingers crossed* see it hosted up  somewhere? :D

Gamuza, I've been seeing all the really recent  changes you have been making to the current calc, is there somewhere  people like me can post with things that are broken or missing? or do  you just like to work on things as you see them and want to do them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 07:45:52 AM »
Its on hold (maybe indefinitely) since I'm not that interested and I have other projects to do for iRO that are a little more important (like updating the database with modern items). It's also low importance because the old calc is somewhat up-to-date now thanks to gamuza.

It was always hosted so you can see it http://calc.irowiki.org/newcalc/

Offline Terrace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »
Quote from: Jayed;1409874
Its on hold (maybe indefinitely) since I'm not that interested and I have other projects to do for iRO that are a little more important (like updating the database with modern items). It's also low importance because the old calc is somewhat up-to-date now thanks to gamuza.

It was always hosted so you can see it http://calc.irowiki.org/newcalc/

Wow, your Calc was incredibly nice. Great layout it looks so clean :omg::lv: , modern features like Shadow Weapons and even the ability to add stats like Hit which the other calc cannot currently do. :!:

If your calc was going to be able to do combat simulations like Ranger with Auto Warg and Fear Breeze chances shown like the current one then it would hands down be the one of the two worth updating.
I remember reading a quote from Dr.Azzy replying to someone saying the current calc was out of date saying he looked at the current calc but it was such a mess to change anything that he didn't want to do it, but I bet you've made yours easy to work on and organized.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:01:23 PM by Terrace »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Gamuza

• Alpacas are kawaii.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gamuzas FTW though.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:06:42 AM »
There was a thread which listed all the changes made to the old calc and also people used to post their feedback. I'll do the same and open a new thread so people can post bugs, omissions and ideas.

The most "urgent" issue we have to address in the old calc is the lack of an updated item/card/monster list (since it doesn't use the db the items have to be added/edited manually and doing so is a pain in the rear). Thanks to Jayed and the contributors the database is almost up-to-date so we would only need to get the data into the calc but we are currently working on that.

As for the pace of the updates, work & college took a lot of my free time. Even so I'll continue working on it since I've a couple ideas to implement.

Offline Terrace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »
Quote from: Gamuza;1409876
There was a thread which listed all the changes made to the old calc and also people used to post their feedback. I'll do the same and open a new thread so people can post bugs, omissions and ideas.

The most "urgent" issue we have to address in the old calc is the lack of an updated item/card/monster list (since it doesn't use the db the items have to be added/edited manually and doing so is a pain in the rear). Thanks to Jayed and the contributors the database is almost up-to-date so we would only need to get the data into the calc but we are currently working on that.

As for the pace of the updates, work & college took a lot of my free time. Even so I'll continue working on it since I've a couple ideas to implement.

Did you look at Jayed's Calc? If it could read directly from the database (no idea if it would) wouldn't that cut down a ton of time and work? then it would only need things like special effects added like the Vanberk Card proc ect.

I'm looking foward to a comment thread on the current calc (let us know when it's up!) as I think I have spotted a few things already.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Gamuza

• Alpacas are kawaii.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gamuzas FTW though.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 09:33:14 AM »
Quote from: Terrace;1409875
I remember reading a quote from Dr.Azzy replying to someone saying the current calc was out of date saying he looked at the current calc but it was such a mess to change anything that he didn't want to do it, but I bet you've made yours easy to work on and organized.

:) (a tear runs down the cheek).

Once the item/monsters/card lists are updated and we implement Shadow Gear I will concentrate on rewriting code so that it is *somewhat* easier to maintain.

Quote from: Terrace;1409877
Quote from: Gamuza;1409876

Did you look at Jayed's Calc? If it could read directly from the database (no idea if it would) wouldn't that cut down a ton of time and work? then it would only need things like special effects added like the Vanberk Card proc ect.

I'm looking foward to a comment thread on the current calc (let us know when it's up!) as I think I have spotted a few things already.

Yes and no.

It would indeed cut a lot of work of maintaining the lists to date but given the way the old calc was programmed, just putting the db data straight into the calc would not work as it would be incompatible with the db data. We need to work a bit to adapt the data to a format the calc can understand, then add things that might be missing.

If you found some bugs you can post them here in the meantime.

Offline Terrace

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 09:50:48 AM »
I see, I see. Wouldn't it be awesome though if you get it to the stage where for example a basic hat with say a stat was added to the DB and then straight away someone who loaded the calc would see it on the dropdown list and be able to select it and there's the stats!

Here's (what I hope is) a quick one for the calc fix list! When you select to build a Sorceror at the moment you get a drop down skill level list for your summon and which summon type in your Self Pasive/Duration Skills section. Now currently this does nothing, what this should do is add these to your Sorceror:

Level 1 Agni ATK +20, Hit Rate +10
Level 2 Agni ATK +40, Hit Rate +20
Level 3 Agni ATK +60, Hit Rate +30

Level 1 Ventus MATK +10, Flee Rate +20
Level 2 Ventus MATK +20, Flee Rate +40
Level 3 Ventus MATK +30, Flee Rate +60

Level 1 Aqua MATK +20, MDEF +10
Level 2 Aqua MATK +40, MDEF +20
Level 3 Aqua MATK +60, MDEF +30

Level 1 Tera ATK +5, DEF+25
Level 2 Tera ATK +10, DEF+50
Level 3 Tera ATK +15, DEF+75

:!: If you wanted a tough one then for Scholar, Sage and Sorc you could add Soul Linked Hindsight. You'd need to copy what is done for Ranger's Auto Warg Bite or Fear Breeze the way it shows up on auto attacks and then have it read the Value for your Scholar, Sage or Sorc's Level 10 Cold Bolt (and other bolts seperated as diffrent drop downs ofcourse!)

I could understand if you didn't want to do that last one XD (can you tell I have a Auto Attack Sorc and love it?)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:02:22 PM by Terrace »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Gamuza

• Alpacas are kawaii.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gamuzas FTW though.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
Both functionalities aren't too complicated to implement. I was sure Sorc summons were already working, though.

Thanks!

Offline Terrace

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 10:15:54 AM »
I'm suprised that second one was easy!

:!:Hmm how about under the Additional Enchants section a space for adding Hit as a stat, for example when you are adding the enchantment Fighting Spirit into the calculator there isn't a way to add the plus hit.

:!:Oh! and also the calc doesnt save enchant added stats  (only tested via cookies so far)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:02:50 PM by Terrace »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Gamuza

• Alpacas are kawaii.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gamuzas FTW though.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 11:27:11 AM »
I don't think it will save them in any way.

Adding the HIT input could be easy, dunno about saving those stats into cookies/DOM as I haven't touched that part of the code yet.