Author Topic: I need help finding a quest related to the Cake Hat Costume  (Read 707 times)

Online coren

• View Profile
I need help finding a quest related to the Cake Hat Costume
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »
Now, I know there's a special spotlight quest in Moscovia where the Cocoa can be traded into a certain npc for double drop rates for 30 minutes.  I can't find it now.  I've found the old Valentine's day quest, which allows trading for chocolates, but no dice on the quest that gifts that double drop rate.

Anyone know what quest I'm talking about, or did I have some crazy dream back in 2013, and I'm recalling things incorrectly?

Oh, one other question.  The old RO site used to have a list of punished and banned accounts they proudly displayed.  I cannot find anything like it.  I came back to find my afk merchant, selling stuff, logged off, and when I relogged with her, she was in Valhalla Prison for 20 days.  I have no idea why, and cannot find any info.  Nor has my ticket requesting information produced anything.  Nor can I find a list of actual punishments, which used to be available so one can understand exactly what type of infraction was made.  Is there anything like that, where I can actually check, or do I need to log into the forums, ask there, and hope I get a response from a GM, or should I just wait out a response on my ticket?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:19:42 PM by coren »

Offline Gamuza

• Alpacas are kawaii.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gamuzas FTW though.
    • View Profile
Re: I need help finding a quest related to the Cake Hat Costume
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:40:32 AM »
WP should definitely implement something to know the cause of the ban. The current course of action is: Send Ticket (wait 1 ~ 30 days), get reason then appeal (wait 1 ~ 30 days) then get resolution. If someone wants to reduce those periods it has to PM the GMs for information, overloading them with extra work the ticker resolvers are asigned to do. Extremely inefficient.
Ragnarok. Ragnarok never changes.

Online coren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
Quote from: Gamuza;1412754
WP should definitely implement something to know the cause of the ban. The current course of action is: Send Ticket (wait 1 ~ 30 days), get reason then appeal (wait 1 ~ 30 days) then get resolution. If someone wants to reduce those periods it has to PM the GMs for information, overloading them with extra work the ticker resolvers are asigned to do. Extremely inefficient.

Thanks Gamuza.  That's one thing I was worried about doing with creating a warpportal thread.

So just stay the course, and hope my ticket is seen and dealt with prior to my 20 days.  In the meantime I'm just keeping her in jail, as I had a feeling the wait would be something like that.  LOL, she'll probably be out before I even know the reasons for her being in, heh.

Again, much appreciated.

===

I guess I'll have take a trip out to Moscovia when I have free time to play later tonight, and see if I can't figure out whether that double drop rate quest actually existed, or if I'm confusing it with something else (or simply had bubblegum at the time I did the 2012 valentine quest...in 2013).

Nothing at all in existence...and I'm surprised they took the Pinkemania npc out.  I thought they would have kept her in at least for those who did the quest and want to trade the Stolen Cocoa.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:17:13 PM by coren »

Offline Gamuza

• Alpacas are kawaii.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gamuzas FTW though.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:52:12 AM »
Quote from: coren;1412755
Quote from: Gamuza;1412754

Thanks Gamuza.  That's one thing I was worried about doing with creating a warpportal thread.

So just stay the course, and hope my ticket is seen and dealt with prior to my 20 days.  In the meantime I'm just keeping her in jail, as I had a feeling the wait would be something like that.  LOL, she'll probably be out before I even know the reasons for her being in, heh.

Again, much appreciated.

===

I guess I'll have take a trip out to Moscovia when I have free time to play later tonight, and see if I can't figure out whether that double drop rate quest actually existed, or if I'm confusing it with something else (or simply had bubblegum at the time I did the 2012 valentine quest...in 2013).

Nothing at all in existence...and I'm surprised they took the Pinkemania npc out.  I thought they would have kept her in at least for those who did the quest and want to trade the Stolen Cocoa.

Can't help you with that quest. Regarding the ban you could PM Oda or Campitor if you don't want to wait that long. At least you know you didn't do something bad nor got permabanned :D
Ragnarok. Ragnarok never changes.

Online coren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
LOL, nah, it's cool, in a way it's keeping me from buying stuff, and instead collecting a lot of stuff to sell when I can use her again.  So there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel.  If I get a response earlier, then awesome.  Maybe in a week I might try pming one of them.

Edit: so apparently I never did anything through my Merchant, and no GM ever put me in Valhalla...some fluke in the system placed me directly in valhalla jail, and in the act of putting me into protera, I'm back in jail with the 29999 timer reset!  So time to follow up on the response to my ticket, and hopefully they figure this out.  That's quite the odd situation.

Edit2: Ha, so apparently they managed to finally move my merchant back to Prontera, but she's still silenced, with the full 20 days "..." no skill/speech back again...No way...just no way.  I'm not sending in another ticket again.  I'll just serve the bloody penance.  Maybe it's like a strange twist of fate, it as placed for some arbitrary reason by the server code, because I need to refrain from spending zenny or something.  I don't know.  It's just ridiculous at this point, but at least she's restored to Prontera.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:32:05 PM by coren »