Author Topic: Leveling spots for 150 Warlock?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline mlmf2008

• View Profile
Leveling spots for 150 Warlock?
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:14:22 PM »
Hi im a returning player (was from pRO, now in iRO) and noticed 175/60 is the new level cap. I tried grinding at bio1 but exp was slow and i end up dying too often. (because im a frail little mage, hehe) Im still stuck at 150 and only gained .3% after 40min even with exp manuals. (not HE battle manuals, they were advanced field manuals, which were leftover from pRO New Loki) and job manuals. I also died three times! T_T (i had insurance, so no exp loss)

I was confident in taking them because most of my WOE gears were transferred (i dont use godlies, or MVP cards so most went through)

THANK GOD all my characters were wearing my best gears!!! I saw that everything in my storage disappeared! My 15,000 Korea Rice Cakes! GONE!!!

What i did was to use fly wings and cast Jack Frost right before teleporting, which allows the spell to be released immediately after teleporting and release Earth Strain on the frozen group. With my WOE gears the combination will always kill. Sadly i encountered a few problems, Jack Frost has a short delay before hitting and freezing, allowing near enemies to hit me at least once before freezing. (i only have around 20k hp) Kavach Icarus can sometimes be just out of Jack Frost's Range, which i take alot of shots in the process. Then there are the LAUREELLLLLLss.....ugh, i have a really low chance of freezing them with Jack Frost, so even if i freeze an entire mob, a laurell always never gets frozen and takes alot of my hp with spells as i immediately try to kill the frozen mob.

i do have some money, around 10m zennies from vending old items that i no longer need. But with how things are going ill lose all my money on fly wings and potions before i can even level up, and there's 25 that i have to go through.

I can try doing what i did when playing WOE: releasing Maximized Tetra Vortex or Freeze/Stone and then releasing (or Amplified if 1 on 1) Maximized Tetra Vortex. But this method only works in WOE (since there are other players by your side) and its too slow for grinding since it only kills one at a time.

Is there something im doing wrong, or is there an easier way? If there's an easier place for me to level up im open to suggestions.

My gears:

+12  Red Pom Band (Katheryn Keyron Card)
Robo Eye
Rainbow Scarf
+8 Lucious Armor (Entweighen Crothen Card)
+12 Glorious Destruction Staff (Im so glad this was brought over XD)
+6 Flame Manteuau of Naght Seiger (Aliot Card) (Had +8 SinX FMNS but didnt transfer)
+4 Temporal Boots (had +8 Rune boots but it no longer works)
Medal of Honor Mage
Medal of Honor Mage
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:17:13 PM by mlmf2008 »

Offline Squid

• View Profile
Re: Leveling spots for 150 Warlock?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:08:31 AM »
What you could try is to find a party for some Bio 4 Bounty Boards and act as crowd control (freeze the mobs with Jack Frost or Storm Gust). In case you can't find one Eclage Tower 2 or Scaraba Hall 2 might be not too bad either. Not sure how tough NCT is but I heard the exp there isn't too bad either.
It probably won't be too bad either to get yourself a pair of DEX or INT Temporal Boots unless it is one already.

Offline mlmf2008

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »
since iRO Thor server is in California, i always get a delay when playing since im from Philippines. I installed leatrix and it helped with the delay but for some reason i now lag right before i see NPC/monster sprites, or even models. (trees, some building, etc.) I want to play Ragnarok again but i have this lag which i cant seem fix. T_T

I asked this hoping there was a place of few hostiles, and easy AoE one shots. I guess since im lv 150, everything is hostile and dangerous.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 06:41:13 PM by mlmf2008 »

Offline mlmf2008

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 06:02:55 PM »
Yes! I saw a video about tcpackdelay and mow my hame is way smoother now. Will try suggested places

Offline Duh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 10:47:32 AM »
I have to say that if u cant participate bio4 partys or if ure a GX, leveling past 150is just downright ridicilous. the system that forces u to level at mobs within 15 level of urs and the lack of high level content really hurts this game D: