Author Topic: What are you currently watching/reading!  (Read 71740 times)

Offline long

• View Profile
Re: What are you currently watching/reading!
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 03:11:53 PM »
mmm... Hana Kimi <3

Offline SalehTheSage

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 05:40:36 PM »
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (reading) (currently on Vol. 10 of Stardust Crusaders)
Full Metal Panic! (reading/watching)
Kaleido Star!

Thats about it :V

Offline Skylan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 10:13:16 PM »
Bleach

Offline Cherish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cherish.nu
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 03:54:44 AM »
Quote from: Starbright;1715
Does anyone know of any good standalone anime films? I just downloaded "The Place Promised in our Early Days" it's pretty good :)

Voices of a Distant Star, it's from the same maker, Makoto Shinkai. There's also 5 Centimeters per Second. Two titles on top of my head that you might want to try, Howl's Moving Castle and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. They are very light though. It's not heavy on drama of some sort like Shinkai's movies.

/! I think I missed this thread in RI since I was gone for a while but anyways! Here's 3 manga titles that I finished re-reading today! I was bored. n_n

Love Monster - After failing the entrance exams to her school of choice, Hiyoko Osora gets an acceptance letter from SM Academy. But she didn't even apply or take its exam! When she arrives, there's something amiss--all the students are...monsters!? And the head of the student council says he's her fiancé right before he sprouts giant black wings! What strange fate brought Hiyo to SM Academy, and what supernatural fate awaits her after this!?

This one has a very ecchi scene in the first volume, just a heads up! 12 volumes. It's entertaining. This one needs to be turned into anime. It's just asking for it!

Hot Blooded Woman - What is a sweet, soft-spoken girl (Ha Li Kang) to do when her brothers, having just learned fencing and martial arts, decide to test some moves out on her in order to "tame her" and make her into their "little slave?" She runs to her knightly friend (Te Hu Kang, not related to Ha Li) for protection, of course. However, what happens when, instead of comforting her, he tells her that she is a coward for running away like a puppy who needs constant protection? No, she does not break down and cry like a weak girl. Instead, she resolves to grow stronger. With rigorous training everyday, Ha Li goes from being a scared girl who cries for help to becoming the Jjang (boss of a gang) of the Doberman gang. However, events lead to Ha Li getting in an accident with a truck. Afterwards, she is reborn into the body of a beautiful, but weak, rich girl Aram Han.

Story starts off slow but once you get in the story you won't be able to put it down until volume 12 or so when the plot gets another twist and well... you decide! xD It's not your typical shoujo, even guys will like it too! n_n 24 volumes.

Saihate no Kimi e (Yaoi) - Following their parents' deaths, Masaya and his younger brother Ryou are brought to the Takatou Estate. They are forced to live in the servants' quarters, where Ryou spends his childhood as the companion and lover of the Takatou family heir, Akahito. He stumbles upon a secret which changes his life forever. While Masaya's life is now at stake, Ryou's status changes from that of Akihito's lover to his slave. Friendship and companionship give way to brutality and violence. It's up to Ryou to rescue both his brother and himself from the family he once trusted. Haruka Minami explores the depths of power, deception and love in this masterpiece of angst and beauty, Saihate no Kimi e.

I love the artwork of this mangaka, Minami Haruka/Kazuka. I collection them. Her artwork... simply gorgeous but I have to warn you that her works are mostly smutty yaoi. 1 Volume.

Might post shounen ones later, maybe.
DRAW A LINE. LIVE ABOVE IT. //

Offline Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 08:58:49 AM »
Quote from: After Life;2690
I just watched claymore 24. I guess they got tired of following the manga or something. It's almost like they want to finish stuff up and not even attempt a second season of it. Unless something happens that I'm not expecting.

I hope it does take a different route.  Then I can enjoy the manga and the anime, instead of reading the manga, then watching the same thing 5 months later.  One of the reasons I like FMA so much is because of how completely different the manga and anime are.  If it ends after one season though, I'll be pissed >:|

Offline Solarcow105

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2007, 09:25:35 AM »
Quote from: After Life;2690
I just watched claymore 24. I guess they got tired of following the manga or something. It's almost like they want to finish stuff up and not even attempt a second season of it. Unless something happens that I'm not expecting.

I hope they still do a second season. Seems like the first season would end with the expedition in the north and the second season would be after that (in the south). I haven't read the manga, but I read a synopsis on it, so i kinda know what you are talking about.

It seemed like a filler episode to me, which made me sad :(.

Also, i'm rewatching berserk. <3 berserk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2007, 10:07:40 AM »
Quote from: Vahn;3168
I hope it does take a different route.  Then I can enjoy the manga and the anime, instead of reading the manga, then watching the same thing 5 months later.  One of the reasons I like FMA so much is because of how completely different the manga and anime are.  If it ends after one season though, I'll be pissed >:|

Yea I get what you mean. But after watching the anime it seems like they want to finish it all up. Unless one of them just doesn't die. I'm not saying they need to follow the manga exactly, but I was kinda hoping it'd be fairly close just so I knew for sure there'd be a second season.

Quote from: Solarcow105;3184
I hope they still do a second season. Seems like the first season would end with the expedition in the north and the second season would be after that (in the south). I haven't read the manga, but I read a synopsis on it, so i kinda know what you are talking about.

It seemed like a filler episode to me, which made me sad :(.

Also, i'm rewatching berserk. <3 berserk.

Berserk was awesome. That's another show I wish they would of kept doing.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Stigma

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »
Quote from: Minako;2696
Currently watching:
Lucky Star (Sadly it's almost over :()
Higurashi Kai (Still waiting for the massacre :D)
School Days (I'm really behind on this one)
Nanoha StrikerS (Same as above)
Doujin Work (Hopefully it gets better)
Zero no Tsukaima II (Louise and her family need to die in a fire)

Recently finished:
Sola (Good show! I really enjoyed it :))
Dokuro-chan (>.>)
Nanoha 1 & 2 (Not what I expected. I liked it!)

Bold one was made of win and sexual innuendos

Offline MugiBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »
Quote from: long;2737
mmm... Hana Kimi <3

YESH! Hana Kimi = <3
and Dokuro-chan = <3 too. Dokuro-chan 2 just came out ;) cant wait for eps 3 & 4 !!

Pretty siggy thanks to Hi-chan <33

Offline Dynex68

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 12:07:50 PM »
Watching Claymore, Darker than Black, Seirei no Moribito

BALSA !!!

Offline Fuzzysock

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 04:59:33 PM »
o Damn im watching Good old lovely complex seems like its going to end but the shows about to teenagers that end up falling for each other main character name is Risa and there the guy she likes which is Otani pretty funny ass show i would suggest u watch it!
XD is the people!

Offline Solarcow105

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
Quote from: After Life;3209

Berserk was awesome. That's another show I wish they would of kept doing.

I liked how it ended in ep 25. It REALLY made me want more. Its the only anime that really made me want to go out and read the manga for it and find out more about the characters and what the hell happened. My god does that ending just leave everything hanging.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 07:51:58 PM »
Quote from: Solarcow105;4320
I liked how it ended in ep 25. It REALLY made me want more. Its the only anime that really made me want to go out and read the manga for it and find out more about the characters and what the hell happened. My god does that ending just leave everything hanging.

Yea but you have to admit, when people watched it they would of expected them to have kept the anime going just because of where they ended it at. Bleh now I want to rewatch it too, lol.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline fairygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2007, 08:13:31 AM »
Anime
Claymore
Lovely Complex
Bleach
Mononoke
Rosella of Daventry - High Priestess
Heaven Forbid - High Priest
Merck - Biochemist
Zelda of Hyrule - Blacksmith

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2007, 01:24:04 AM »
Oh god I'm so behind on stuff right now.

Downloading right now:

2 eps of kaze no stigma
3 eps of Reborn!
latest Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei ep
latest gurren-lagann ep
2 eps of darker than black
2 eps of Nagasarete Airantou

Plus some older stuff I watch when I have time. It's gonna take me weeks to get caught back up.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black