Author Topic: MS Tank with Aco set  (Read 1945 times)

Offline neokenshin

• View Profile
MS Tank with Aco set
« on: February 22, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »
I'm looking at using the Acolyte Set while MS tanking for parties in Nameless. The questions I have are...

Would it be better to put the Geographer card in an Orleans to have phen effect or just use Phen Clip and a different armor?

What weapon would be preferrable for the Fur Seal card in terms of adding cards for Defense, Reduction, ATK abilities?

What would be better in terms of Accessories to compliment the Cookie Accessory, other than Phen(If Orleans Gown is used?)

Sig by Danana Split
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dark Shaolin Fist-129/33 Sura/Sniper Shaolin 135/31 Ranger
And then there\'s the rest of the crazy bunch!

Offline Anibe

• View Profile
Re: MS Tank with Aco set
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 06:38:45 PM »
I wouldn't use the aco set for tanking with MS. Just using an armor with PecoPeco Card will give you almost the same HP benefit (if not the same), and 10 VIT def doesn't worth it. Plus you could use a Munak Hat (even non slotted), Horn Card (reduction against ragged zombies), Khalitzburg card (reduction against banshees and hell poodles), Teddy Bear card (reduction against zombies) or some other useful gears instead of those useless cards.

And why do you need the phen effect? MS cast is uninterruptible and too long for use with a phen card (or any similar effect gear). Even if you want to have uninterruptible Zen, I think you should just use Summon Spirit Sphere if you are being hit to recast MS as faster as if you had uninterruptible Zen.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:44:16 PM by Anibe »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IGNs: Anibe, Apofenia, Herrero Anibe

Offline John

• Merchant Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 05:59:59 AM »
Personally, If I wanted to MS tank on a Champ in Nameless (cheapest way), I'd go for:

Munak Hat
Divine Cross + Spiritual Ring + Flash Rosary/Clip
Bathory carded Armor.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:08:33 AM by John »

Hetfield - 9x BANNED | Lezah - 9x BANNED FOR ITEM DUPING

S> Brynhild (Renewal Server)

Offline Dante

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »
If you wanna use acolyte set, make sure rideword is on munak hat and geographer in slotted holy robe. 40% reduction from undead and 45% from demon is nice. If peach tree card is slotted to valk shield, you'll get 30% reduction from shadow, 20% undead element. I can't think of ohter cards than yoyo in acc, and slotted dex survival rod for furseal card. I don't get it why you desire atk.

Advantages of acolyte set is ability to tank undeads and demons at same time, especially for abbey03. Banshee just hurts alot without demon reduction, and same for Necros without undead reduction.

Offline Devil-Cry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 08:53:53 PM »
except its using MS... and when I tank there, I could be using cranial + dex gear and I still only take 23's at most

.....Thoughts on Sura Balancing................................................................................Thoughts on Mechanic Balancing.....

Offline i2apture

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:32:55 PM »
omg copy cats!

did anyone happen to watch me doing it solo on both characters on loki at any point?

hey i wonder, does ice titan armor stack with ms or is it just negated.. or does it cancel ms? lol someone test

Offline Kyrie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 03:59:56 PM »
If you have heal 10 (and Money) I would go for one Bison+Thorny to see the healing go off amazingly.

R.I.P.

Offline Solarcow105

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »
Quote from: John;380469
Personally, If I wanted to MS tank on a Champ in Nameless (cheapest way), I'd go for:

Munak Hat
Bathory carded Armor.

On that note (and cause of the recent post), when I first went to nameless to do the quest, there was a monk using Divine cross + greatest general clip + spirit ring, while wearing an evil silk and sheep hat. Sheep hat + gg clip made it so you'd get your spheres back while tanking, so you could recast MS easier. Seemed like a nice set up for a monk in MS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline kgirluvr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »
does holy robe give 40% less dmg from undead.. that soudns inncorect

Offline Dechant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »
Quote from: kgirluvr;410328
does holy robe give 40% less dmg from undead.. that soudns inncorect

No it does not. 40% less damage from Undead is a result from Munak Hat + Aco set.

Offline i2apture

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 07:52:23 PM »
Quote from: Solarcow105;410284
Quote from: John;380469

Munak Hat
Bathory carded Armor.

On that note (and cause of the recent post), when I first went to nameless to do the quest, there was a monk using Divine cross + greatest general clip + spirit ring, while wearing an evil silk and sheep hat. Sheep hat + gg clip made it so you'd get your spheres back while tanking, so you could recast MS easier. Seemed like a nice set up for a monk in MS.

I find it's too difficult to recast MS very often while tanking. I'd much more suggest tanking one full mob then relogging and casting again when you start mobbing again. That's how i did double teaming in nameless alone.

Offline Samias

• Inaction Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://xyrafhoan.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »
The OP mentioned phen effect, which you SHOULD NOT use, because monks don't have any interruptable skills. You instead should focus on vit, dex, and demon/undead reduction. (oops I reread some posts and this was mentioned, but I might as well mention it again)

Personally when I tank Nameless on my monk on a budget, I use the holy cross + spiritual ring + charming ribbon, and evil armor.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 11:22:31 AM by Samias »
http://xyrafhoan.deviantart.com
RPHaven.net, a forum roleplaying site
=iRO Sakray/Iris/Ymir=
Samias Dragonlord
Xyra Fhoan
Tatayu

=WoW Suramar=
Ishkagri
And a bunch of failures

Offline Jiete

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 03:51:42 PM »
The original post is focused on a Champion, not a Monk. And Zen is quite interruptable.
Done.

Offline Samias

• Inaction Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://xyrafhoan.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 11:06:43 PM »
Is a champ really that different from monk if you're just using MS? You just have more HP so it's even easier.
http://xyrafhoan.deviantart.com
RPHaven.net, a forum roleplaying site
=iRO Sakray/Iris/Ymir=
Samias Dragonlord
Xyra Fhoan
Tatayu

=WoW Suramar=
Ishkagri
And a bunch of failures

Offline Jiete

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 04:17:40 AM »
Quote from: Samias;412907
The OP mentioned phen effect, which you SHOULD NOT use, because monks don't have any interruptable skills.

Quote from: Jiete;413100
Zen is quite interruptable.
Done.