Author Topic: Guide: RO On Mac OS X  (Read 21610 times)

Offline Axylus

• View Profile
Re: Guide: RO On Mac OS X
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
Quote from: Left Master Flex;1064834
Thanks, I got it to work but there isn't any sound. Not a big deal because I never play with sound anyways.

Um, there should be. Try using the ‘/sound’ and ‘/bgm’ commands.

Offline Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »
Followed the guide, but it freezes when a map load is at 100% 3 out of 4 times.
It\'s not a mob until it kills me.

Offline Axylus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »
Quote from: Blue;1099485
Followed the guide, but it freezes when a map load is at 100% 3 out of 4 times.

Try using a different graphics resolution. If that doesn't work, try using CrossOver Games 9.2.0.

Note:

• You must use the C4P profile instead of the CrossTie profile when using CrossOver Games 9.
  • Downgrading from CrossOver Games 10 to 9 might break your shortcuts. If this happens, delete the contents of your CrossOver Games helper application folder (the default location of which is ~/Applications/CrossOver Games [the tilde symbol represents your home folder]), then choose ‘configure’, ‘clear and rebuild programs menu’ from the menu bar in CrossOver Games.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:28:58 AM by Axylus »

Offline Left Master Flex

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »
I'm having trouble with the AI. I've opened the configuration menu and all but it doesn't seem to recognize the monsters I've added.
I'm not sure if I installed the Azzy AI Config.exe right because I couldn't open it through the Bottle of the similar title. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
based flex

Offline Axylus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
Quote from: Left Master Flex;1182124
I'm having trouble with the AI. I've opened the configuration menu and all but it doesn't seem to recognize the monsters I've added.
I'm not sure if I installed the Azzy AI Config.exe right because I couldn't open it through the Bottle of the similar title. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

What doesn't recognise the monsters you've added — the AzzyAI configurator or the RO client?

If you're trying to configure the mercenary AI for individual monsters, you should know that mercenaries can't differentiate between monsters without using some hocus-pocus involving a homunculus. There's a full explanation in the documentation included with AzzyAI.

Offline Left Master Flex

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 11:58:26 AM »
how do you view screenshots you've taken?
based flex

Offline Axylus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »
Quote from: Left Master Flex;1200632
how do you view screenshots you've taken?

• In CrossOver Games, choose “configure”, “manage bottles” from the menu bar.
  • Select the bottle which contains your Ragnarök Online installation from the list on the left.
  • Open the “advanced” tab, then press “open C: drive in Finder”.
  • Navigate to your client folder in the new Finder window that is opened.
  • Open the ScreenShot folder.

For convenience, you can add the ScreenShot folder to Finder's sidebar, or create an alias to it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 03:51:22 PM by Axylus »

Offline Left Master Flex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
My friend just downloaded it but when he tries to get on his chars he can't get passed char select without it freezing.
based flex

Offline Axylus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
Quote from: Left Master Flex;1219756
My friend just downloaded it but when he tries to get on his chars he can't get passed char select without it freezing.

Unfortunately, I don't know what causes this problem. RO isn't officially supported by CodeWeavers and therefore isn't guaranteed to run on every computer, or even at all. There are only two things that your friend can try:

• Run the client in other graphics resolutions.
  • Tinker with the bottle's Direct3D configuration.
To forcefully terminate the client when it's frozen:

• In CrossOver Games, choose "configure", "manage bottles" from the menu bar.
  • Select the bottle which contains your Ragnarök Online installation from the list on the left.
  • Open the "control panel" tab, then double-click "Task Manager" in the list of applications.
  • Open the "processes" tab.
  • Select "ragexe.exe", then press "end process".

It's possible that this problem will be fixed in the next major version of CrossOver, which will be released soon. Otherwise, your friend will have to play RO in a virtual machine.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:37:47 AM by Axylus »

Offline Left Master Flex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 09:48:24 PM »
It seems to work in full screen mode but if you tab out of it the RO screen goes white and has to be forced out of.
based flex

Offline Axylus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 01:19:48 PM »
Subscribers of this thread will probably be interested to know that CrossOver 11 has been released (which has supplanted CrossOver Games).

As RCX is compatible with this new version of CrossOver, I've added instructions for installing and configuring it to the guide. Be warned that I haven't comprehensively tested the use of RCX under CrossOver, nor do I intend to do so because I'm not currently playing RO. For this reason, I request that others share their feedback on using RCX under CrossOver for the benefit of everyone. :)

I've purged all outdated entries from the hardware compatibility table in the guide. I'd appreciate new contributions to it, especially if your Mac has any problems running RO under CrossOver. (You can ascertain your Mac's model identifier and processor speed in System Information [Mac OS 10.7 and later] or System Profiler [Mac OS 10.6 and earlier].)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:56:00 PM by Axylus »