Author Topic: Rampage AI Lite  (Read 33547 times)

Offline faithful

• View Profile
Rampage AI Lite
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:42:58 AM »
I'm going to keep this pretty simple. Lately, I've been working on a new script with similar goals as Rampage AI, using the name Rampage AI Lite (or RAIL for short).

It's beginning to become usable, and I need more people to test it and give feedback. The documentation isn't complete, but the website and download information are at http://code.google.com/p/ro-rail/

I'll handle questions and comments here, and problems/feature-requests under the Issues tab of the RAIL website.

Enjoy!

(PS, I am also the creator of the original Rampage AI)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:49:40 AM by faithful »

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://rostory.org
Re: Rampage AI Lite
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:07:54 AM »
Sup! Good to see you around :D Your old AI actually gets a lot of downloads still ;)

I will have to try your new one out after I start playing my battle alchemist again.

Edit: wow, after reading it, I really want to try it! Will it have a GUI to configure it?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:15:07 AM by Blueness »
iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray Goodbye RO! | ropd | http://www.rainymood.com

breeg : if you ds fast enough it\'s kinda like having them exp tap shit for you

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 05:07:14 AM »
Quote from: Bluedreams;727956
Sup! Good to see you around :D Your old AI actually gets a lot of downloads still ;)

I will have to try your new one out after I start playing my battle alchemist again.

Edit: wow, after reading it, I really want to try it! Will it have a GUI to configure it?

It's surprising to see how many people still use the old AIs (Rampage and MirAI), even though they're horribly out of date.

To answer your question: Yes, when the codebase matures a bit, I'll write a GUI to accompany it. Until then, I'm working on the stability and features of RAIL...

Btw, any chance you can link to it from the AI list on the wiki?

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:09:16 AM »
Yeah we can get it added.

Personally I'm not sure "Lite" is the right name, as it has more features then the old version? ;)
iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray Goodbye RO! | ropd | http://www.rainymood.com

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.

Offline Beanie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »
Wow after reading the updates I'm really excited to try this. Good luck finishing this, can't wait!
Guild Leader of Impact and cry more bro

Recaller
Rune Knight
Main Account

Offline Hrishi

• Sliver
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 12:16:08 PM »
Never stopped using the old RampageAI for my homunculi :3! This just makes me so excited to try out.

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »
Quote from: Bluedreams;729285
Yeah we can get it added.

Personally I'm not sure "Lite" is the right name, as it has more features then the old version? ;)

I'm not sure that it has more features, really. There's a lot that Rampage AI original does that Rampage AI Lite does not. The most significant is that RAIL doesn't have any code to use alchemist skills. Probably 1/3rd of original Rampage AI focused on that, or was related to it. Also, original Rampage AI suffered from bloat (later versions had more bugs, and seemed less efficient). I'm writing RAIL with the intent to be more "lightweight" in comparison. (And tell me you don't think it's cool to say that you're RAILing the monsters to death. :cool:)

Also, let me take an aside to say that I really think naming an AI after one's own alias shows a lack of creativity (eg, Mir AI)...

One important thing to note is that RAIL is not based on Rampage AI. It's a rewrite from the ground up. Because of this, things such as mercenary support are part of the original vision; not just a hack onto old code. (And while I think of it, can you move RAIL into the Homunculus & Mercenary section of the AI wiki page :angel:... sorry to be a pest about that :angel:)

Quote from: Beanie;729440
Wow after reading the updates I'm really excited to try this. Good luck finishing this, can't wait!

You can try it now :) If you find bugs, or want features just post on the website in the Issues tab.

Quote from: Drazorn;729611
Never stopped using the old RampageAI for my homunculi :3! This just makes me so excited to try out.

Good to know the original served you for this long. If you decide to try out RAIL, you should make a backup of your existing USER_AI in-case there are certain features that RAIL still lacks.

Offline nyamo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »
woo... can't wait.   I'm also still using rampage lol.  I was far to lazy to change ai's lol.
IGN

Konoka-Chan
Kikuchi-Chan
Kikochi-Chan

Offline fatealerion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »
I noticed that it has trouble working between two targets.

For example: You attack a passive monster. The homun attacks said pasive monster that is now attacking you. An agressive monster moves and attacks you, The homun stops attacking and gets 'caught' between the two as to what to attack.

Also support for the lif's Healing hands when Alchemist HP is low or at a certan threshold, would be a wonderful thing to implemnt as well as an order to use skills, Such as Mental Change then Urgent Escape or Healing Hands then Urgent Escape, due to the long cooldown on some skills.

Those are two things I have found so far when using it, Other then that LOVE IT so far. Loved the old rampage, would love to see what comes from this.
FateAlerion 99/70 SinX
Broken Staff 9x/6x HP

one of these days i\'ll get around to fixing this profile, Till then I lurk.

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:25 AM »
Quote from: nyamo;734106
woo... can't wait.   I'm also still using rampage lol.  I was far to lazy to change ai's lol.

If you're too lazy to change, it means the AI worked well enough, right? :)

Quote from: fatealerion;736601
I noticed that it has trouble working between two targets.

For example: You attack a passive monster. The homun attacks said pasive monster that is now attacking you. An agressive monster moves and attacks you, The homun stops attacking and gets 'caught' between the two as to what to attack.

Also support for the lif's Healing hands when Alchemist HP is low or at a certan threshold, would be a wonderful thing to implemnt as well as an order to use skills, Such as Mental Change then Urgent Escape or Healing Hands then Urgent Escape, due to the long cooldown on some skills.

Those are two things I have found so far when using it, Other then that LOVE IT so far. Loved the old rampage, would love to see what comes from this.

The order to use skills is already implemented, though I wouldn't call it that really... It's implemented in a priority system, and is somewhat related to the monster priority system. The reason for this is that skills related to monsters (attacks/debuffs) take their base priority from the monster's priority and offset it. I just haven't had time to finish writing documentation for skills.

As for Healing Hands and the targeting problem, please post those in the Issues section of the website. Posting there allows me to keep better track of bugs and feature-requests, whereas it's more distracting and harder to follow in a thread like this.

I have to go for now, but I have a few questions for you regarding Healing Hands and Mental Change... I'll post again when I get more time.

Offline fatealerion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »
Sure thing drop me a message via PM, I'll try to nab myself a google account to post on the website.
FateAlerion 99/70 SinX
Broken Staff 9x/6x HP

one of these days i\'ll get around to fixing this profile, Till then I lurk.

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »
Quote from: fatealerion;739463
Sure thing drop me a message via PM, I'll try to nab myself a google account to post on the website.

I'd prefer not to PM, so others can also see the answers to questions I ask (and maybe learn why things are implemented the way they are; or for if they're writing their own AIs). Any news on the google account?

As for the skill questions...

Quote from: fatealerion;736601

I don't have access to a Lif to test with, so it's harder to work on the Lif skills. Currently, the only implemented skill for Lif is Urgent Escape. It defaults to using this only when you're moving or when it's chasing a monster, so it doesn't waste the cast delay/sp if you're just sitting around. In your use of RAIL, has this default been working okay for you?

For Healing Hands, I'm wary of how to implement this, because it uses items. I don't think it should spam when it's unnecessary, but I don't want it to be too cautious (and let the owner die). When you use this yourself, do you use it when you're mobbed or after the monsters are all dead? Is there a certain threshold of monsters attacking you that you begin to use Healing Hands? (Or a certain speed at which you're losing life?)

Mental Change is an interesting one as well. It has a 20-minute cooldown. RAIL tracks what state it's in (cast charge-up, cast delay, cast ready), so once MC is cast, it wouldn't even try to cast others... But in the event that you're mobbed, would you rather your Lif try and keep you alive with HH, or try to kill the monsters faster with MC? Also, are there any situations the Lif should activate MC before actually attacking anything? (MC recharges its HP and SP to full, right? Should it do this as an "oh-shit, i'm about to die, let me recharge to full" sorta thing?)

The better default settings, the less often people will have to tinker with the options. And if RAIL can work perfectly out-of-the-box, it'd be easier for more people to adopt. So I appreciate your time to respond to these questions. :)

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 05:05:40 AM »
But in the event that you're mobbed, would you rather your Lif try and keep you alive with HH, or try to kill the monsters faster with MC?

I have a 99 battle alchemist which leveled to 99 with a lif! So I can answer lif questions.

If you're leveling a lif with MC, you're always using MC and you never use HH.

The AI I used casted MC as soon as it saw a monster it could kill, the 20 min cooldown was never a problem because I'd just teleport to reset it, infact I'd usually teleport long before MC ran out anyway.

Also the AI I used danced to get rid of attack delay, that is a must as well.

As far as HH goes, if you spawn (like from a teleport) and there's no items and your owner is near death, I'd say spamming it a bit might be a good idea, but in normal use I never used it.

Automatically using UE when in town and walking around is great, this is not so great when you're leveling and UE kills your MC cast because of the UE delay. Usually what I'd do when I wanted zippy lif for dance killing is UE, vap, recall, teleport, then MC.

So basically, if you have MC on a lif and you're leveling using the lif, MC is always going to be active via resetting the cooldown, the lif is useless otherwise.

If you have more questions let me know!

Offline johnnycakes

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »
I started using RAIL yesterday. It's awesome! I'm new to the whole AI thing, but it is alot of fun. Thanks! I'll send any bugs I find your way.
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/neko_outlaw/iRO%20stuffs/MSsig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Offline Sittius

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 05:02:43 PM »
Big thanks to faithful. RAIL seems to be worth trying.
I have a problem with homunculus tactics. Can't figure out how to configure it. Which file should I edit? Maybe someone will post example?
Thank you in advance.