Author Topic: (Lore): The Rekenber corporation, Biolabs, Thanatos Tower  (Read 175081 times)

Offline Soul Link

• View Profile
Re: (Lore): The Rekenber corporation, Biolabs, Thanatos Tower
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 02:23:18 AM »
Quote from: Ying Hua;743021

Nice observation. Some other super-soldier program gone horribly wrong.

I think, for Gemini, it was quite successful, although I'm not sure if it is 100% succesful or not.
They are definitely much stronger than the 1st class around them, and note how when they die, they crumbles, unlike the others that disappear like a ghost. This is probably because they didn't die during the experiment like the others - they survive.

Quote from: Ying Hua;743021
With that being said, anyone thought the Gemini might be a rogue? Or some sort of a robot, perhaps?

Gemini IS a rogue. Or rather, are rogues :p
Look at Gemini card's artwork.

I'm guessing they were just an unlucky pair of rogue that happens to stumble upon the experiment while sneaking inside the building....the scientist found them and used them as experiment as punishment for trying to sneak around them.
Them being "accidental addition" might explain why there are only a few Gemini spawning in biolab - they weren't planned to be mass soldiers like the 1st class and 2nd Trans class, they were simply being experimented.
And while it turns out to be quite successful, something happened, halting further experimentation with them, which also explain the small amount of Gemini soldiers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:07:53 AM by Soul Link »
~Happy Party~

Offline Menace

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00:27 AM »
Heh i was always interested in the RO storyline, expecially regarding Rekember. God to have a topic about it. One thing: maybe something about the enemies of Rekember - "Secret Wind" ? We know very little about them, except that the President and Kafra corp support them.
The cool thing about the Quests in RO is that they connect with each other, like how the Rachel quests connect with the ones regarding Rekember.

Offline Toledo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 05:55:57 AM »
I thought Gemini was an experiment to merge two humans together.

Offline Steax

• So why am I here again?
    • View Profile
    • http://r7.web.id/
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 06:17:58 AM »
Yes, I'm aware that skogul and skeggiold and stuff are names from norse mythology. My question is why they're what they are... Although that just must be from the game designers to emulate what angeling did to newbies back in the day. "Oh, cute poring with wings!" *whack*

I'd love MVP lore too. Some like GTB and eddga are easy to guess, but what exactly is dark lord, or vesper, or LoD? Ifrit?
Recently moved to iRO Renewal. Usually on the character Afrost.
If I\'m not ingame, I\'m often online for wiki editing.

Offline bara-chan

• View Profile
    • http://barachan.com
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 06:42:47 AM »
this thread is so nerdy I LOVE IT

re: biolabs -- i've seen a lot of japanese fanstuffs refer to bio3, in english, as a "disposal facility" for biomechanic experiments. i'm not sure where they get this from, since as far as i can tell, the japanese name for biolabs just translates to "biomechanics lab," but i've seen it in numerous works...and how do you get into bio3? by dropping down from what looks like some sort of waste or supply chute, onto a pile of rubble...

anyway, what i always inferred from the whole thing was that yes, rekenber was taking people from the LH slums to experiment on -- there's a huge class difference in all of schwartzvalt (arunafeltz too, but it seems more severe in schwartzvalt because of their level of technology,) so i'm sure they felt that they could use the impoverished however they wanted and no one would really miss them. the angry "voices" you can trigger in bio2, i thought were just memories/spirits of people who perished in the experiments, but the alternate translation of "i hate living" is very interesting and honestly makes more sense
anyway, most of these people probably weren't giving rekenber the powerful results they wanted, so they began using adventurers of the job classes we all know and love. the first class experiments were powerful, but still sort of tame...but by the time they got to trans, oh shit. i assumed that the superpowered (and possibly insane, after all the experiments and imprisonment) trans classes were uncontrollable for rekenber, either causing some sort of fire or rekenber trying to contain them in 3F and burn it down themselves, either way they didn't seem to want anything getting in or out afterward
also, there are no second-class experiments, except for gemini(?) maybe rekenber got greedy and impatient, and jumped straight from wussy first classes to trans, which then backfired on them? THEY WERE NOT PREPARED.

i dunno about the virus idea myself, BUT one thing that may support it (or just be a geeky reference) is the official name of the lab: regenschirm. german for "umbrella" :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Phaust

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 07:20:11 AM »
Love this post.I want to apologize for my Horriblinglish before I apport my little grain of sand.

I noticed that when doing Kiel Hyre Quest, Kiel talks about "2nd gen,3rd gen robots".And when he morphs in the last part of the quest, he says that his body is an homunculi, making him the first "4 gen robot".I remember also that he used the Ymir Heart's power to make his body or w/e.

Main point is, if you see preKiel form and postKiel form, you'll notice that the MVP on the dungeon lvl 2 IS EXACTLY like Somatology Clones:Translucid, with some kind of Wind Aura(not sure if Kiel MVP has wind aura, Soma clones do).

I thought that this 4 gen robots (Homunculi body),is the key to understand what Soma Clones are:Artificial-Life made soldiers using Ymir Heart based on the strongest Trans Classes/1st Classes know out there.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:22:09 AM by Phaust »
<--FREE BEER

Offline Lucentos

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:18 AM »
Slightly offtopic: Swarzwald Republic`s insignia can be done via unification of all Strange Details, that is dropped from Venatus.

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 07:48:43 AM »
Gemini might actually be a robot or android of some kind given its name (Gemini-S58) which is very mechanical like, and the fact that it is a formless monster, not a demi-human. And crumbles when it dies.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:49:27 AM by Jayed »

Offline Rastaban

• Nostalgia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 08:56:48 AM »
Somebody already mentioned the Egnigem NPC in the Megingjard quest.

But the Blacksmith job change quest has an NPC in Morroc named Wickebine.

There is a Bard in Geffen named Errende (probably unrelated)

Icarus is apparently the name of an offshoot of the Archer's guild, and the master of Icarus is named Kavaruk. It's a stretch, but possible.

Quote from: Lucentos;743286
Slightly offtopic: Swarzwald Republic`s insignia can be done via unification of all Strange Details, that is dropped from Venatus.

I wouldn't call that off topic, I'd call that pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 08:57:56 AM by Rastaban »

Offline Ying Hua

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 08:58:52 AM »
A few other notes. There's a Sir Windsor in one of the knight tests. Also, I think I found eremes. Reverse engineering Aegis script shows us this.

//-------------------------------------------------------------
//------- THAILAND EVENT SCRIPT by eremes   "Sieg Zeon!"--------
//----------------------- eremes@gravity.co.kr  ----------------
//-----------------------------20030911 ~ 20030916-------------
//-------------------------------------------------------------

i dunno about the virus idea myself, BUT one thing that may support it  (or just be a geeky reference) is the official name of the lab:  regenschirm. german for "umbrella" :)        
Virus idea is a theory I cooked up using data from the biological weapon and related quests. We know that lab that made the viruses basically burned down in a huge fire. Which other lab in the game do we know for sure that's been burnt down? Biolabs.

I wouldn't call that off topic, I'd call that pretty awesome.        
AWESOME. And also, supported by this. In-game text explaining the origins of Juperos and Juno.

Thesis: The Fall of Juperos By Fayruz Khrhiyha Sage Castle Researcher

Scholars are certain that the Juperos civilization used to be located above the ground, but it is now buried beneath the El Mes Plateau. The reasons for the city's ruin are still in debate...

However, new findings regarding the history of Juperos have allowed us to make a few conclusions. Juperos was built over a thousand years ago in an era of peace just after a major war. There is now direct evidence linking Juno to Juperos proving that Juno was but a part of Juperos.

Just like Juno, Juperos was a society that prided itself on its advancement in the sciences which played a permeating role in civilized life. Science was reponsible for Juperos's rise and downfall.

What is most unsettling is recent evidence, including a first hand written account, regarding the role of one of Jupero's foremost scientists in that city's rise and fall.

If these writings are authentic, then what actually happened was that a scientific revolution occurred as a direct result of one scientist's effort to manipulate the energies of the artifact known as Ymir's heart.

This one man and Ymir's Heart are credited with the success and prosperity of the Jupero's civilization. However, there are various accounts prior to Jupero's fall detailing his work with chimera...

This scientist, supposedly in his passion to benefit his people by finding a scientific method for immortality by using chimera for testing, was driven insane. He experimented on himself with disatrous results. There was an error in the energy calibration of Ymir's Heart and the scientist was transformed into the monster we now know as Chimera. He and his test subjects were set loose into the city of Juperos.

These immortal Chimeras (Author’s note: So … the scientist is vesper. Are venatus and dimiks defense drones, and Archdam the test subjects?) razed the entire city, killing countless people. Apparently, a team of scientists were able to salvage a fragment of Ymir's Heart, and use it to lauch part of Juperos into the sky.

That section of Juperos eventually developed into the city of Juno. Since the scientists who launched Juno into the sky all immediately died afterwards from an unknown cause, they left no documentation.

The Chimera, and the laboratory in which it was created, is rumored to remain beneath the ruins of the once great city of Juperos.
As for the Japanese fansites, they get a lot more lore than we do. Here's an excerpt detailing the mercenary rebellion that I'll translate at a later time.

[FONT="]バルムント[/FONT]
300[FONT="]年程前に活躍した大賢者として知られる。[/FONT]A.W667[FONT="]年生まれ。貧しい家の生まれで正規の教育を受けることができなかったが、天才であったため同じ[/FONT] [FONT="]村に住むヘッジー教授に預けられる。[/FONT]14[FONT="]歳でジュノー国立大学に推薦入学、学問や芸術などあらゆる分野で才能を発揮、[/FONT]21[FONT="]歳で最年少の大学教授となる。そ[/FONT] [FONT="]れまでタブーとされていた古代文明の遺跡発掘に着手、学界から発掘費用の支援を受けられず頓挫していたところに、レゲンシュルムが目を付けてパトロンとな[/FONT] [FONT="]る。そして遺跡調査により古代科学を解明していく。その後、[/FONT]A.W.700[FONT="]年にレゲンシュルム研究所に迎えられレゲンシュルム擬似ユミルの心臓研究室に所[/FONT] [FONT="]属。ガーディアン制作のため発掘済みの古代遺跡に残されてる巨大な人型の有機体を単独で再調査した際、人間女性としか思えない有機体を発見、その魔力の痕[/FONT] [FONT="]跡をたどる旅に出発、大陸中を旅してタナトスタワーを発見したが公表することなく再封印している。[/FONT]

[FONT="]その後、長年の研究の末に擬似ユミルの心臓を作り出し、それを動力源にすることでガーディアンなど理論上の夢だったものが次々と実現してく。しかし、擬似[/FONT] [FONT="]ユミルの心臓の研究を続けると世に悲しみをもたらすことになると考え完成状態の擬似ユミルの心臓を破壊、助手のヘリコに自分の考えをメッセージとして残し[/FONT] [FONT="]研究所を去った。この事によりプロジェクトの大半が停止[/FONT]?[FONT="]凍結され、レゲンシュルムはバルムントの抜けた穴を埋めるべく有機体であるガーディアンの研究を[/FONT] [FONT="]進めるために人体実験に手を染めていき生体研究所を設立する。また、本物のユミルの心臓の欠片を武力によって強奪することに反対して裏から擬似ユミルの心[/FONT] [FONT="]臓開発を支援していたアルナベルツ教国の穏健派の権力衰退と、急進派の台頭を招くことにもなった。そして残された資料から作られた擬似ユミルの心臓(ルー[/FONT] [FONT="]ン機関)は、バルムントの研究を欠いた不完全な状態のままガーディアンや飛行船などに実用化されている。レゲンシュルムではユミルの心臓のイミテーション[/FONT] [FONT="]であるルーン機関を完全なものとする「バルムントプロジェクト」なる計画が進められているが詳細不明。[/FONT]
[FONT="]レゲンシュルムの研究所を去った後、自宅を堅固な研究室に改装。単独で古代文明の研究を重ね、創作物の中には古代文明のオートマータであるアリスを完全再[/FONT] [FONT="]現したものまであったという。[/FONT]

A.W781[FONT="]年に、実用配備されたガーディアンの誤作動で共和国守備隊所属の傭兵が死亡する事件が発生、レッケンベル社が事件の揉み消しを謀ったため以前[/FONT] [FONT="]からガーディアン配備に反発していた各傭兵団が呼応して「傭兵反乱」事件を起こす。ガーディアン配備の反対を唱えていたバルムントはガーディアンに敗れた[/FONT] [FONT="]傭兵団を自宅に受け入れたが、レッケンベル社のガーディアンがバルムントの邸宅を包囲、篭城していた傭兵団を殲滅してバルムントの創作物や資料などを持ち[/FONT] [FONT="]去った。バルムントはこの際に姿をくらまし、現在は消息不明。なおこの事件はレッケンベル社の情報操作により世間一般では、ガーディアンに職を追われそう[/FONT] [FONT="]になった傭兵団がバルムントを恨んで邸宅を襲撃[/FONT]?[FONT="]占拠して、共和国守備隊との交戦時の出火でバルムントの邸宅にあった創作物や資料などは全て焼失したこと[/FONT] [FONT="]になっている。[/FONT]
[FONT="](ゲーム中に登場するバルムントの伝記は[/FONT]A.W1003[FONT="]年の発行となっている。[/FONT]200-300[FONT="]年程昔に活躍した人物であるが、傭兵反乱の生き残りは故人で[/FONT] [FONT="]あるものの近年までは老齢ながら存命しており、ヘリコは現在でも存命している。[/FONT][FONT="])[/FONT]
Note the bit I highlighted, which is a mysterious female life-form. My personal suspicion is that this is Lucil, the same person Thanatos seems to have an attachment to in the Thanatos Tower quest - this makes more sense after you see the whole thing.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:07:58 AM by Ying Hua »

Offline Boni

• heimdol pls :(
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 09:09:12 AM »
Didn't Thanatos seal himself in the last level of Thanatos Tower after defeating Satan Morroc because he had gone insane and was unable to control his fury?
BNC :^)

iRO Classic

breeg - bowless rogue
Boni -  knight

le fu :monocle:

:p

Offline Triper

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »
I once lost like 1 week doing near all the possible quests in ro and I got interested by this topic since I love a lot more the ro story after loosing that week.

Thanatos jailed himself on the tower after that clash of the titans because he was afraid that his power was going caaaraaaazy and impossible to control since he was near defeat but still got some extra power from nowhere and was near to finish satan until he escaped. Later, according to npc of thanato's tower, when people were trying to find some extra and nice goodies in the tower, they have gone to lvl3 and boom, here comes monsters[npc at lvl 1 of the tower talks about that]. Seems to me that Thanatos made a special device to block people to try to release him from his jail. It looks that he made the tower the most secure possible to not let him alive around the earth because something could happen later. For some reason his card is super awesome =D

I would love if in a near future if there was a plot where someone would revive thanatos and loose control of him after trying to get his power and boom: Sannr[True] Thanatos as MVP.
Or something like they found where Satan his hidden since he escaped to the new world after being near dead on dimensional gorge but still nobody finished him so some crazy dooooood tries to do something even more crazy but fails.

About some other places and things:
>>From what I know, Vesper is the ultimate guard of Juperos since it was a old civilization, kinda like Atlantis and it's supposed to guard that place with his life.
>>Thors was the next place they explored after failing with Thanato's tower and tried to use an upgraded version from guardians from woe 1.0 but they gone caaaraaazyyyy and they owned all the people in there except the few ones that were at that special hidden place that exploded later[do the rachel/veins quests to understand this please =D].
>>Ifrit was the guardian of thors that was kept in a sleep status until RKB wanted more power and waked him up by going to the center of thors' volcano[hugel quests].
>>LOD has something about the niff invansion. If I'm not wrong, before he be like now, wasn't him a summon mvp like ktull? Someone told me that there was a quest in the town to summon it before.
>>Dark Lord I dunno, there is quests that involves glast heim aside The Sign Quest ._.?
>>Wickebine NPC at morroc: There is a npc somewhere that says that she is a parent of the Wickebine at bio labs if I'm not wrong. It's something like she is related to that ghost that curse the labs where RKB made experiments.
Windsor I think I read something like that guy at swordman guild has that name because he had a relative[LK Seyren Windsor from bio3 lool] that was like the greatest LK of all times that made actions like King Arthur and so they decided to name it after that but Windsor isn't that great as him.
Stupid question: Wasn't Doppel the brother of Egnigem?
>>About kiel and the virus he gets to be like he's I just remember that the experiment that he tried to do is related to the people that survived to an experiment about creating super soldiers[Crow of destiny quest]. I know that the lab exploded and some people survived like him, getting that "curse" but he ended with incredible power far from being controlled. Alices are the sucess, alizas the upgrade and then failure with aliots and alicels that was considered a semi-success since they were somehow controlled. Then he tried to get more power thanks to the RKB making him to work hard and wanting results or something and boom, Kiel mvp form and a bunch of people infected with the same virus.
==Edit==
I may be wrong with some details since I made that quests like months ago but I hope I'm not.

Stupid question: Nobody knows nothing about Eremes? ): Never found nothing about why there is a guy called like that in ro ._. HP there is info, HW too, WS too, Sniper too, etc but sinx 0 info. I even though it was related to Esmile but no info about that in any quest/npc ):
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:29:46 AM by Triper »

Offline WazzaHungry

• Sage of the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 11:29:53 AM »
There's lots of info, accurate or not in the old iRO backstages.

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/irobackstage/2006_Mar0456/ro_backstage.asp

Dunno if you can still access them from the website anymore. But they are there.

IIRC; Vesper was not a guardian, but a scientist that created the robots in Juperos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rexel699 My youtube channel
Artimus says:
 im interested in moving house
 and being able to set up all my nerdy shit
 around the house
Wazza says:
 And you\'ll make a big styrofoam WoE castle
 And fill it with Ragnarok toys
Artimus says:
 yep
 i have lots of those too

Offline Uyuni

• Luv puppies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 11:39:07 AM »
Quote from: Triper;743471
>>About kiel and the virus he gets to be like he's I just remember that the experiment that he tried to do is related to the people that survived to an experiment about creating super soldiers[Crow of destiny quest]. I know that the lab exploded and some people survived like him, getting that "curse" but he ended with incredible power far from being controlled. Alices are the sucess, alizas the upgrade and then failure with aliots and alicels that was considered a semi-success since they were somehow controlled. Then he tried to get more power thanks to the RKB making him to work hard and wanting results or something and boom, Kiel mvp form and a bunch of people infected with the same virus.

There is no virus or something "biological" related to Kiel Quest, and as far as I know, biolabs monsters are not affected by a virus.

There is a quest called, biological weapon, yes but is not that big and the experiment itself escaped and its alive -and is good-.
:monocle:
Uyuni 150/50Genetic:ssh:
Supremacy 128/25 Archbishop (New!)
Terra Chere 14x/xx Mechanic
Space Dementia 150/4x Royal Guard
Endlessly 125/2x Sura

Retired

Offline AzureSky

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
Well, I can't seem to find the file with the information regarding RKB and Lighthalzen, but I can pull some stuff from my head

The document basically stated that RKB was constantly throwing funds into explorations, researches and studies of anything or anywhere that is normally sealed off to the public. That would range from the Thanatos Tower to the remains of Juperos and such.

More so, it was also stated that RKB tried to keep it's own members away from those areas, by generally just hiring outside personnel (aka, the player. Though we don't get shit for money D: ).

I'm pretty there is also a part about the increase interest that Rune-Midgard inhabitants took in joining these dangerous feats, with the promise of glory and fortune. However, as you can predict, few of them came back alive, and the ones that did were too shaken to talk about it, dying shortly after wards of unknown causes.

The other part that really stuck was one regarding what the Somatology Labs were used for. I can't remember the exact details, but there was DEFINITELY something about a single scientist who was overly obsessed with creating the perfect being, thus trying to pull components from all the things he considered great and exceptional (Trans bios?)

That's all I can really recall as far as the information goes. I figured it'd help you back up your theories, since some of the information seems to match. By the way, this is from a legitimate resource, it being Level Up Games!'s magazine edition on the Lighthalzen update, with information on the history of the episode (By the way, LUG! is the company that runs Ragnarok in Brazil and a couple other countries).

Hope it helps ^ ^
Great job so far
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:15:48 PM by AzureSky »