Author Topic: Final Fantasy 9 Is The Best Final Fantasy Game  (Read 37030 times)

Offline Acolyte

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 9
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 02:46:30 PM »
The card game is still confusing lol. The numbers I have are higher then  my opponent's card and I still end up losing the card battle :(

Despite the bad card game and the flawed battle system, it's still pretty fun.

And I personally find FF9 to be the best of the series. There's a lot of  humor in the game that makes it quite charming. And each character is  memorable with their own background to their story. Also, FF9 has TONS of  mini games compared to other entries of the series. Chocobo box hunting  is one of my favorite mini games of all time lol.

Lastly, I find FF9 music to be the most memorable of the series. Treno  theme feels like it fits the place perfectly, and every character theme  (and I mean every character) has a theme that matches them quite well.

Here's a good one that everyone would like. (Beatrix Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMa-Z4-RqIU
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:48:50 PM by Acolyte »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Pantsu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 03:25:35 PM »
FF9 is definitely up there for me. The chocobo treasure hunting becomes really fun when you can go to the lagoon. By far the best of the 3 places for hunting (points-wise at least). Just make sure you're leveling your characters with the right gear on if you care about optimal stats!
You can call me Brian Boitano.

Offline tetron

• too lazy to make one
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »
oh gawd FF8...absorbing magic >_>...

I only like FF8 for the secret bosses now that was fun and hard as hell.

FF9 for some reason i don't wanna forget it and sometimes i kinda do go back to it. @_@
iRO Iris
edelwin  6x/3x paladin - retired

iRO Valkyrie
Xale 99/50 monk - !
Aislen 96/50 priest
Bind 80/50 Soul Linker - bleh

Offline Acolyte

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 05:26:59 PM »
Just killed Ozma on disc 3 lol. It was pretty easy once you figure out what to do :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline leinad

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
ahh ff9 that brings back memories...:( sorry i cant remember shit bout that card game tho

Offline Acolyte

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »
Oh, just incase people didn't know.

IGN: Of all the Final Fantasy games, which one would you like to work on a sequel for?

Takeshi Arakawa:
 FFIX. I was involved in the production; I expressed my ideas, but I also had  quite a hard time in the process. And some of the characters look  really... fanciable.  

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:Outbound&f=Final_Fantasy_IX&u=http%3A%2F%2Fps3.ign.com%2Farticles%2F980%2F980580p1.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Pantsu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 09:54:45 AM »
Quote from: Acolyte;903312
Just killed Ozma on disc 3 lol. It was pretty easy once you figure out what to do :P

You can kill Ozma in 6 hits. The biggest problem with FF9 was that there really is no boss that is hard at all. FF8 was way too easy overall, but at least Omega Weapon didn't die in like 30 seconds.

Offline Ryochan

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
Quote from: I Hate Anime;903141
I remember playing this game all the way through til the final boss. I died somehow then lost all interest in beating the game because I realized there wasn't a single thing I liked about the game...

XD same here... only FF's I loved were 7 and X-2
iRO - Retired
Ryochan - Assassin Cross
Ryochizan - Alchemist
Shin Ryo - Monk

Rick James: "Cocain Tree Of Savior is a hell of a drug." *giggles*

Offline Deis' assault

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »
Quote from: Copeland;902854
^
oh god blitzball is even worse

How so?  You could beat the CPU with the same play after getting enough *good* players on your team.

The card game was much better in 8 than it was in 9... and I don't remember why.  I just remember being successful in the one in 8 (it was called Triple Triads, correct?)  It's funny how significant the game is to characters in the storyline.  One moment, you're fighting this brainwashed crazy bitch who wants to kill you - next thing you know, you're playing cards with her.

I liked 9 more than 8 because of it's better ATB (after playing 7 and not having it set on WAIT, in 8 you still have to wait even if it's turned off.)  But I think 8 had a better story.  I couldn't gravitate to 9 as much as I did to 8 (and that's probably because initially I didn't like 9 and wound up playing it after 10 was released.)

I still own FF7 through 10.  I always want to give 9 another runthrough but wind up never finishing it.  If there's one I really need to finish, it's 6 (US 3?  The one for SNES that kinda looked like Chrono Trigger.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:44:25 PM by Deis' assault »
Quote from: Zentrani;981455
Wow and RO are bad.

Life is so much better. gg

Offline teh_hungry_cavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 02:28:40 AM »
9 was my personal favorite. 7 was overrated. 8 was a meh... 10 and above... uhh... nevermind.

Before I get onminslashed, just a quick reminder that this is my personal ranking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All work and no play makes a person... grind to death.
You Just Have to Deal with Me and My Conservative Arse. :gg:
Thanks to Feral for the Pic.

Offline Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 03:12:29 AM »
Quote from: Automatic;902850
Those card games caused so me to rage so much back in the day.  Blitzball ftw.

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed playing blitzball? :(

play dota 2 with me

Offline Acturos

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 03:15:27 AM »
I actually liked playing Blitzball after getting the hang of it. Jecht shots and all that... spent a lot of time getting all those techniques too

Smokie Stalker Credits go to Silbear<3

Offline Master_Loki

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Smartguy1670
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 03:27:08 AM »
FF7 - 10 were hot, and I still have em for PS and PS2 respectively. The ones after that just didn't call my attention much. I turned to the Star Ocean series and Disgaea due to the lack of good FF storylines.
Valkyrie
Love Bomb You\'ll find out soon
Christy 96/64 High Wizard
Videos & Games: My Youtube Channel

Offline Deis' assault

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 05:48:07 AM »
Quote from: Master_Loki;904961
FF7 - 10 were hot, and I still have em for PS and PS2 respectively. The ones after that just didn't call my attention much. I turned to the Star Ocean series and Disgaea due to the lack of good FF storylines.

Yeah, I got fed up at the storylines by 10.  Valkyrie Profile 1 was the shit (wish I got some Star Ocean :( ).  it wasn't the most refined RPG, but it was unique, pretty, and memorable (the OST was pretty damn good, too).  Too bad part 2 for PS2 wasn't much more than fan service.  The ending was extremely upsetting.  It was the first game I was extremely upset at the ending now that I think of it.
Quote from: Zentrani;981455
Wow and RO are bad.

Life is so much better. gg

Offline Pantsu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 09:38:14 AM »
FF12 is amazing. Though many people seem to disagree or have not even tried it. The fighting system is so intricate and fun. I've seen people complain that they have the game played for them, but I don't see how having to click on a command makes a difference. That's actually way more tedious to me. The story can be a bit bland depending on your taste, but I find it fairly interesting. I really enjoy experimenting with new gambits to see if I can get my characters to fight ever slightly more efficiently. Admittedly, there are a few problems with the gambit system (most ally status gambits are pretty futile and the there is no gambit designed specifically for stealing), but it's by far my favorite fighting system of any FF. Balthier is also probably my favorite FF character from any game now.