Author Topic: Royal Guard skills analysis  (Read 13341 times)

Offline RoyalSelangor

• View Profile
Royal Guard skills analysis
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »
I think is good for me to open this thread since i wanted to know every skill details after tested by players. We can also discuss how those skills perform in game (pvp / woe / pvm) after you try out.

For the RG skill description, you can find it here, which post by Frost:
http://forums.irowiki.org/showpost.php?p=644548&postcount=3366

So far after you guys test out those skills in woe, pvp...which skill is most useful for atking, defending? Is inspiration usefull in woe? Are you able to fully utilize inspiration? Or RG with woe build doesn't need inspiration at all? What about EB?? PPA? really that useful in woe? pvp?

This is important to my future build, pls help... :facepalm:

Offline UndyingSader

• View Profile
Re: Royal Guard skills analysis
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »
High/max guard, DA 5, RD all for defense. Offensive depends too much on builds to just throw stuff out there.

Offline teh_hungry_cavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
I think I'd go for maxed Shield Reflect than maxed Guard. The 6% difference between level 5 and 10 is not that huge but 15% less reflect against melee damage is noticeable, especially if you aim for a 100% chance of damage reflection. Against trappers, Shield Reflect is better than Reflect Damage. Pop out SS1 reflect buff using a Rosa/Cross Shield and say hello to 105% reflect against melee damage ensuring that they get more than what you receive and there is no need for you to actually hit the opposing player. Another is that when you're up to a Sura who loves to GF. Surely, it's either a double KO or you having the chance to live. The only time you use RD is when you're being mobbed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:37:14 PM by teh_hungry_cavalry »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All work and no play makes a person... grind to death.
You Just Have to Deal with Me and My Conservative Arse. :gg:
Thanks to Feral for the Pic.

Offline RoyalSelangor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »
hm if max out either reflect shield / guard, the RG is moving towards defensive path... i think most of the offensive type RG will take up OB, which need spear quicken.

i foresee defensive type RG might sometimes greater than offensive RG, due to offensive RG depends on inspiration alot. Defensive type RG still can have those offensive skill BUT, with certain defensive skill as well... on the other hand, offensive RG spend lots of points for inspiration, thus no more points left for defensive skill... am i right about this?

Personally i think, still inspiration is not really that worth. Or..am i wrong? i havent gone through that skill in pvp / woe... so i not sure how it can perform...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:21:53 PM by RoyalSelangor »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »
You can max SQ and still get the necessary shield skills. That's what I want others to realize.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline RoyalSelangor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:52:56 PM »
IF i max SQ, i might wanna take OB. OB only have 0.5s cast time? Thats very short compare to genesis ray which is 4 sec (lv5)...But to take up inspiration, lv4 genesis ray is needed. So, y not max genesis ray with additional one point? I've simulate the build with both OB and GR max out.

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/rgd.html?10JkfVcFkFuPbwGS5qpqnrfrAbqkAIn

With OB and GR max out, we can fast cast OB with / without inspiration when attacking and GR for defending. I pretty sure GR will most likely be interrupt if use during castle atk. OB shorter cast time, thus lesser chance to get interrupt.

But leave reflect dmg lv3 only... 30% reflect with its 300s duration... i think this is what it meant to be, lv1 to lv5 also having same duration. with only 10% reflect dmg difference i can max out those offensive skill.

SP i leave it for lv3 as 80% stun chance i think will be enough. Moon slasher is good because when enemy sit, will buy u some time to cast EB or GR. I guess for low vit char, use SP for stun, and high vit char use moon slasher to let them sit.

Btw, anyone know how much cast time is EB lv5? EB lv1 is 2.5 sec cast time, what about lv5? same? or longer?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 12:25:12 AM »
Hmm... you want to achieve a lot of things. You might end up frustrated as you gimp yourself in the process. Why did I say that?

1. Reflect Damage 3. 10% difference is a lot. In case you receive a solid 10k damage, you'll reflect over an AoE with 3k vs 4k with levels 3 and 5, respectively. Imagine you were able to withstand 3 10k damages or even a single 30k. You might have lost 30k off your HP but you have successfully dished 12k(L5) vs 9k(L3). What does it take? Well... you only have to activate it and stand in the middle of a crowd, taking damage. If you are the Banding type and is currently banded to another RG, most likely the two of you will be rammed by a lot of AoE attacks. Again, that's a plus as reflected damages via RD stack as the number of RGs affected increases making their attacks serve as poisons to their own kin.

2. Shield Press 3. As far as I remember, the success rate has been nerfed to have a maximum of 70% at level 5. A sure stun will most likely end up a win move since the duration is long. So like the other build I proposed, you don't want its stun to fail, yes?

3. Moon Slasher. To be able harness its power, you need it maxed out. Although it is a must that you have your casting taken care off as it is interruptible. It simply means that you have to acquire a good value from your DEX and INT to which hybrids lack due to their stats spread to almost every dept. Besides, this is also a good skill when you're about to flee and badly needing a skill to slow your oppressors.

Notice that I have mostly tackled the defensive areas. You really have to choose on what you'll focus on. As for EB, I do hope you're not onto something fishy with it. I'd be completely straight, I, together with the others have already mentioned that the difference between 1 and 5 is minimal. It is supposed to be prepared before entering a fight. And obviously, reserved until the right time comes. I'm also seeing an absence in Vanguard Force. Inspiration is not a very reliable buff even though its effects are astounding.

Edit... By the way, Banding has this status called Overawe that drastically slows enemy movement. Its duration increases with its level. Keeping that in mind, you and the rest of the Band transforms into a mobile Quagmire to those, trying to penetrate the formation and go straight to your Warlocks and whatnot.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:38:46 AM by teh_hungry_cavalry »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Kheilon Alistair

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 01:08:27 AM »
Anyone tried if Quag, MotA, and Overawe stack? ^ ^ Looks like some kind of a BAMF combo that might make your opponent to just wish that he was dead already imo.
DELETE, DELETE, DELETE.

Offline RoyalSelangor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 01:44:25 AM »
T.T if i drop inspiration, still i cannot max out banding / prestige...either i have to drop EB or VG to archive that...Prestige can get dispell?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:46:17 AM by RoyalSelangor »

Offline Kheilon Alistair

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 01:56:32 AM »
http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/himeyasha/skill4/rgd.html?10JkINcHkF1bxGSbqdndsqprAaSaQdskdIn

I have constructed 4 build types for Royal Guards weeks ago. (Didn't posted this in a official forum yet.) One of these is the one above, the Spear Banding Build. You can tweak the skills a bit to your preference.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:59:32 AM by Kheilon Alistair »
DELETE, DELETE, DELETE.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 01:57:07 AM »
Now I'm getting confused. What do you really want to achieve with your Royal Guard? We can help if we have some sort of outline.

If you want a defensive build, here is what I can advise you:
http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/himeyasha/skill4/rgd.html?10JkINcFlk1bxGS3bsqseF2QdsrdIn
This has maxed out Earth Drive to cancel ground type skills like traps, Magnetic Earth, Manhole, etc. from a safe distance.

http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/himeyasha/skill4/rgd.html?10JkINcFlk1bxGS3bsqqeF2SdsrdIn
This one has maxed out Prestige if you want to have more damage mitigation.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:04:42 AM by teh_hungry_cavalry »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline RoyalSelangor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 02:06:32 AM »
Quote from: teh_hungry_cavalry;1017641
Now I'm getting confused. What do you really want to achieve with your Royal Guard. We can help if we have some sort of outline.

Really appreciate your help. I like all those RG skills. But is impossible to get it perfect. I wanted to go for semi build, means having both offensive and defensive skills. I personally categorize the skills as below. I only list out those that i wish to max out.

Offensive:
1) inspiration
2) OB
3) PPA
4) VP
5) EB
6) Burst atk
7) Genesis ray

Defensive:
1) Prestige
2) VG
3) Shield press
4) Reflect damage
5) Shield spell

My must get max skill!
1) PPA
2) EB

I like either offensive or defensive build as long as i still able to whack down ppl.

Due to the server i playing is an official in my country, everything need real money, example like reset skill, stat...all money money money...i cannot afford to reset...so i cannot have a fail build. I need to ask and get all necessary info before i invest into it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:10:49 AM by RoyalSelangor »

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 02:21:54 AM »
I understand. If you really desire these two skills(PPA and EB) to be maxed, let's try to analyze both skills, shall we?

PPA or Pinpoint Attack is ranged skill that is always a critical attack and its damage affected by AGI. Aside from its damage, it has a chance to break equipment depending on the level used. If you plan this as you primary source of damage, you must have total AGI of 100 and above. Downside is that it has a cool down that greatly lowers its dps and its snap effect is disable in WoE.

Exceed Break, on the other hand is a skill that greatly boosts your next normal attack. It can miss given that you have insufficient HIT but can also crit. If you want this maxed, then you have to have a good amount of CRIT in your build. Downside to this is that it has to be prepared before you can actually see its effect.

The Paper Card, obviously, would be in your list as it boosts over all damage done by crits.

Stat-wise, you will spending most of your points over AGI, LUK, STR. And I can also see that INT will be the inferior/least allocated stat. You have to work on the skills to fill out the gaps when you are unable to perform these skills. With this, I strongly advise you to get Inspiration but be warned that you will be heavily relying on it. Here is what I'm currently thinking of what build fits you.
STR 94
AGI 98
VIT 95
INT 1
DEX 94
LUK 58

http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/himeyasha/skill4/rgd.html?10JkFNcFkFuNbxGS1dn1GCqnqnrAbfraIn

It's fast but it lacks INT which this class heavily needs. Casts slow so you really need to get a safe distance before you cast EB. You'd probably need Shield Press and Reflect Damage.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:34:35 AM by teh_hungry_cavalry »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline RoyalSelangor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 02:51:45 AM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:11:03 AM by RoyalSelangor »

Offline migy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »
have you guys tried hesperus lit lvl5 with 3 RGs with one using +9glorious spear in a pvp?how much damage can it deal?thanks