Author Topic: 190aspd on a crit sinx?  (Read 23332 times)

Offline goblin~

• View Profile
190aspd on a crit sinx?
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:03:40 AM »
With stat resets coming sometime this month i have been wondering how good 99 agi is.  Ive been playing around with a stat calculator i realized that 190aspd= 5 attacks/second.  Which means mathematically if u had a mail breaker you would break the enemy average every 4 seconds assuming he isnt immune to breaking, which puts you almost on par to a MS.  Also the new katars that came out look very nice with 190 aspd.  The inverse scare will activate roughly every 6-7 seconds and the drill katar will auto cast on average every 1.5seconds.  And If u had a quad stun speicalty jur and were melleeing a 0 vit character you would theoreticaly stun them every second.  Everything seems good on paper but I have never tested this out myself.

I am wondering for you 99 agi sinxs out there if it is worth it and if crit lock actually exists at these speeds.  I will need BC, agi stat food and IR to achieve this aspd, but igven that my guild is decent it isnt hard to get it during woe.  I also do not intend to spam sonic blow or use skills with this build, its intention is to status inflict+ crit lock w/edp.

this is a video of what i am talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h-Y6b-Cm9Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrfmdCZpmmY&feature=related

Offline Nails

• View Profile
Re: 190aspd on a crit sinx?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:10:34 AM »
it might be easier to get AAR, Aid Beserk Potion, use Flapping Angel wings (like in the vid, not sure if u plan on using these), and ate an edp bottle (for attack speed, not Enchanted Deadly Poison!!).  That could add enough attack speed sowhars you don't need BC... Just another possible way of doing it.  Using the jur that causes 'critical wounds' or the one the inverse scare are probubly your best best imo.

Offline Yuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:14:30 AM »
Doesn't really seem practical.

If someone portal bugs dazzler you'll stand there for a long ass time.

Offline goblin~

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 10:19:32 AM »
It seems pretty practical to me, portal bugs aside the purpose of this build is to stop those GR users and hold people in place so the woe 2.0 guardians can close in on them.  Another purpose is to cut down on edp pots and look cool in woe.

I could use flapping wings when not using infiltrator but i refuse to spend 10$ on a headgear for RO.

Offline Simple.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 12:03:33 PM »
I hate when I watch something on YouTube, then you see all the other private server videos...

I guess it would work. If all you want to be doing is standing on cp or hiding and edp+Gt'ing. I could see myself going a high agi build if I had OH sunnies lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Nails

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
Quote from: goblin~;124047

I could use flapping wings when not using infiltrator but i refuse to spend 10$ on a headgear for RO.

how do you plan on using +10stat foods regularly?

Offline goblin~

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 12:46:39 PM »
2-3 agi stat foods/ woe is still plenty enough, afterall i receive 100 points everytime i subscribe. And besides 10$ is a pack of smokes... not worth buying a headgear over.

i know it seems novelty to have 190aspd, but think of how many people will fear you in woe knowing you can break their equipments and status affect anyone that comes close. You would be a mastersmith/ status inflictor in disquise. Using the new battle ground heroism katar will give me a nice 5% aspd boost effectively making my use of agi stat foods obsolete.

NOTE: there is no proof of that being a private server

Offline Muse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »
if you are really going 1 vit, maybe go stac gol top, gemini sunglasses, valk armor for 100% stun resistance

you'd lose out on aspd from flapping angel wings but it's probably worth it

Offline Boni

• heimdol pls :(
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 01:25:50 PM »
Quote from: Muse;124187
if you are really going 1 vit, maybe go stac gol top, gemini sunglasses, valk armor for 100% stun resistance

you'd lose out on aspd from flapping angel wings but it's probably worth it

This. I would actually love to make a 99 Agi crit sinx, but it's impossible for me to reach 100% stun resistance so I can't really do it. Also, sacrificing Str is also kind of shitty :(
BNC :^)

iRO Classic

breeg - bowless rogue
Boni -  knight

le fu :monocle:

:p

Offline goblin~

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 01:33:52 PM »
my build still wil have 40+ vit.

Sacrificing str is a bad way to go agree, but the purpose here is to show the force of maximum aspd. You get a certain % chance to inflict status with katars, so the more aspd= the more chances that go off.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 01:40:06 PM by goblin~ »

Offline MistressTifa

• Pink Lollipop (not Spoon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »
Suprising 99 Agi on a "Crit" SinX is not bad at all

Do realize the odds of WoEing with this shouldn't be top priority.  Id base Crit SinXs with 99 Agi esp as just a MvP/PvM Build.  Throw in BC and you got yourself a hot Crit SinX

Main Male Account / Main Female Account
Testing Out Again
[Spoiler]ギルド[Memoria~]のギルドマスター[iROから今日は!]によって、神器アイテム[メギンギョルド]が誕生しました。

ギルド[コンセプト]のギルドマスター[ーShoー]によって、神器アイテム[メギンギョルド]が誕生しました。

[Megingjard] has been bestowed to [Late Nite Sho], the master of the [Concept] guild.[/Spoiler]
jRO Lisa - / iRO Ymir -  /iRO Valk - / iRO Classic.Loki -

Offline rolypolybug

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »
It certainly doesn't seem like an efficient build, but it would definitely have it's uses. Personally, if I were going to go with a high aspd build I'd get low 9x agi. 190 aspd for critlock is serious overkill for a sinx using katars (that would be 10 "hits"/second including the offhand hit). Though less extreme, this would free up a lot of stat points for a more rounded build.

Sinx's with over 90 agi can be stun immune (without orc hero sunnies) for a few hundred mil, or can have 90% stun resist and also be able to quite easily get 50 vit. Even in large-scale fights you shouldn't be dying to stun easily with this much resist.

The point about breakers is moot. Mastersmiths barely even break anything these days. If you ask people, all their shit is broken by acid bomb. A 5% chance to break one weapon or armor while meleeing is a waste of time for a sinx.

However, the new katars do look good. I don't know what stats affect the chance/duration of critical wounds, but a crit sinx using a +9 wild beast claw will be doing 1-1.5k crits at 187-190 aspd with EDP and full buffs while also inflicting a -40% healiing/potting ability on the target. That sounds like it could take down/help take down a tank very quickly.

Again, probably not as efficient as an SB sinx, but I'm sure a sinx like this wouldn't be horrible as long as you have the gears for it and a good build.

Offline Xellie

• The Threader of Forums
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xellie.com
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 02:57:07 PM »
Why hasn't my name been dropped yet? Hi. I'm a 99agi crit sinx.

There's quite a few videos of 99agi crit sinxs posted around lately? Oh its possible. It's probable. I've run around with 190 aspd in pvm its FUN. HOLY SHIT ITS FUN.

WoE? not prctical to get 190 aspd, you're sacrificing too much gear. I wouldn't base a build around crit locking tho... mvping yes indeed +_+ It's what I'm built for. and with a 6.6sec emp raping time, you can't really argue, provided you have the money/skill to play it.

Nothing says you have to have 1vit to be a 99 agi crit built though.
Quote from: Tolrin
the reason the server is all allied against us is that we repeatedly  turn down alliance requests since I don\'t feel there are enough guilds  on the server to support large alliances.

Last edited by Xellie; Today at 09:23 PM. Reason: teehee

Offline Sora`

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 03:31:32 PM »
Quote from: rolypolybug;124203
The point about breakers is moot. Mastersmiths barely even break anything these days. If you ask people, all their shit is broken by acid bomb. A 5% chance to break one weapon or armor while meleeing is a waste of time for a sinx.

Unless Aesthetic+Unity just don't like to wear unfrozens in woe I can tell you that I break plenty of armors in woe on my mastersmith

Offline rene

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 04:05:58 PM »
Many people don't own valk armors, even those from generally rich, woe-competitive guilds. Mastersmiths break a ton of a shit.