Author Topic: WoE build?  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Rei Windrift

• Euphoric Fever
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
WoE build?
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
Yes, you read it right. Not a troll post... maybe.

This is a just for fun thing! I have no idea how well it can/will work til I try it, but humor me here.

I've been working on getting one to 150 (I've wanted one since I heard about it) and I got to thinking that maybe I could use it for WoE once it is that high. I know both the pros and cons of the class, so I do not need to be lectured on that here of course.

-The hp/sp is too low. ----> Yep, at 150, it will about 10k hp with WoE gears and no foods/hp pot on. With foods and hp pot, about 13k.

-Even with some 2-2 skills, they're not viable. ----> That depends on what you want to do. I believe that with some of the 2-2 skills, it likely is not possible to 'kill' anyone, but it is still extremely likely to do some serious havoc. The skill set I have chosen should be decent enough for what I am trying to achieve.

-The gear they wear is not good enough for war. ----> Yes. Sort of. Actually, looking at the 'light' novice set, you would think it was actually built FOR WoE. The mass amounts of resistances they provide may not be as grand as compared to 80% of trans/3rd class gear, but it still provides a severe buff to defensive capabilities. And with the new Black Cat Ears, we super novices have a damn good headgear to use both offensively and defensibly. Mine is currently +7, but when I get some spare cash, I'll try enriching it to +10~+12.
So doing the math, the garment with a raydric gives 30% neutral protection, a thara carded shield gives 30% demi human and 20% elemental protection, Black Cat Ears with an additional 16% demi human, etc, etc.
And in the extremely lucky scenario when it gets god items, it'll be boasting even more strength and even a max hp of around 20k (Foods/HP Pot).

-Why? ----> Because I've actually always wanted to do this. It's one of my favorite classes and has a good potential of possibilities. It doesn't have as much strengths as any of the 3rd classes, but if it's played well, then I think it can merit some good opportunities in war.

So now I'll get down to the pros of it. First though, I'll need to explain the build a bit further.
This character is going for Utility/Disruption. Otherwise known as CC with a minor in support. It's main abilities will be (Brace yourself) Frost Nova, Sleep and Skid Traps, Quagmire, Stave Crasher (This is liable to change until I see how good it is for myself), and physical damage (emp breaking, hit locking, etc.). I do not expect this to kill anyone and I do not expect to live near as long as others, but I expect to cc as well as anyone else. What happens to them while they're CCed is in guild hands afterwards.
More will be explained as this thread continues. On to some pros:

*Jack of all trades!? ----> Exceptionally so. Along with some essential buffs, I will be able to warp for non-VIPs (When able), pnuema others, CC enemies, stalk around, reveal others, set up traps, break emps, and do some decent damage with a high str/agi build. It cannot do these individual things near as well as others, but it is always nice to have help!

*Chants? Tank? ----> Sure, After hitting 150, provided it caps on exp (99,999,999 exp), it will essentially have two lives. Even in WoE, Mental Strength is cast upon dying, providing it with some additional 'oomph' to do whatever the tiny little guy can. With high strength and agi, even with skills bound in MS's duration, it can still attack emps, possibly break a recall (lol?), and still persist to do damage to others while boasting higher defenses. How useful this can be, I haven't the foggiest, but it's something at least.

*Supplies?! ----> Yeah, it won't need too much actually. A cheap character to uphold provided one does not spam foods which I wouldn't unless under dire circumstances. Since the hp/sp pool is so low, potion consumption should be three times lower then most average WoEers. How handy this is, idk.

*Distraction. ----> Ever see a super novice in WoE? Funny shit. Nuff said.
Hell, it'll either be the first target since it's 'easy to kill' or the one thing they'll ignore. I can run fast, I promise.

So yeah, I want to try it. Mainly because it's the only thing keeping my interest in RO these days. I don't blame anyone for thinking this is a bad idea or would rather play a class that offers more potential, but I'm willing to try it out. Hell, if I can WoE on a mastersmith for a year, then this should be a breeze.

I'm leveling it at the moment, but I like to get an idea of where to go to hopefully improve it in any way.

Yes, I know it sounds like it's a 'stupid idea' and I'll likely get criticized for it, but I do not play this game for the same reasons most others do. So where I will take negative comments, I will downright ignore flaming. Take it to tirades.

Build and shit is below:

TL;DR:

WoE Ultra Novice. Advice. You. Build. Here. Go.

150/50 With +10 foods and buffs. This of course is a SN that is NOT on a 'no death record'.
Str: 100 +25
Agi: 87 +38
Vit: 93 +17
Int: 85 +27
Dex: 72 +45
Luk: 3 +15

This is a WoE stat build with WoE gears on.

Skills:
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/nox.html?10akanakdArkdAhFabjN2nGAjSJb3cAaoqudn2ddBGA1nq

I can possibly change some after feedback, but after fiddling with these for a few days, I have come down to this. Since I'm not too familiar with wiz and hunter skills though, I would prefer feedback on some so I can possibly make better choices.

Equipment:
Status weapons / BG Mace / aspd weapons for emp breaking. Axes preferred for AR
Novice Manteau with Raydric
Novice breastplate with Succubus
Novice shoes with Alarm
Black Cat Ears with Blue Acidus / Gigantic Majestic Goat
Black Frame Glasses with Incubus
Pirate Dagger
Accessories determined on situation

All of these I have already and all are +7 or greater.

------------

Sorry for the long post. Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:35:07 AM by Rei Windrift »

Offline itachi

• View Profile
Re: WoE build?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 10:31:08 PM »
The link to skills seems to be broken. I think it could potentially work, if nothing else for the fun of it lol. I'd imagine it'd be like running around woe on a ninja or something else lolsy.

If other aspects of the game are boring you, I'd definitely say go for it. It's a game, for one, so you SHOULD be finding something to do that's fun lol. I think the distraction aspect works really well though. If that was you woeing on it the other day, I do remember stopping what I was doing to make sure I target the Super Novice! xD
Quote from: JAYRAD;1220723
itachi is seriously in the running for best poster on the site, after this post.

Offline Rei Windrift

• Euphoric Fever
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
Link fixed.

And yeah, I was WoEing on it the other day, but I wasn't intending to do much. Was just running a few experiments and dicking around. Too low level to really do much then.

Offline Whitecross

• View Profile
    • http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile?uid=8590795795690815947
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »
You may a higher Hide lvl. At lvl 1, duration doesn't seem to be as high as to actually get you anywhere with stalk.

Btw, I like your idea, as I like anything that's uncommon. Have fun leveling that boy :D

Offline Rei Windrift

• Euphoric Fever
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:06:16 PM »
Oh, hmm. I thought stalk's duration was different then hide's. Okay, thanks, I'll consider it!

Offline Whitecross

• View Profile
    • http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile?uid=8590795795690815947
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 03:09:12 PM »
Stalk only lets you move while in Hiding, you could leave it at one, since mov. speed isin't that much of a difference at lvl 5.

Offline Cherrie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »
I don't get the topic at all, if you're saying you can't kill anyone and only want to be a CC and Emp Breaking role why do you have Str?

You can level easily now a days without having to actually grind the levels by doin Turn Ins, can buy blank cards and turn them to medals etc.

You said you want to do decent damage with str/agi but what are you going to do? Just Auto Melee people? Bash People?  You even wrote yourself that you won't live long, doing Auto Melee to any 3rd class pretty much is going to be suicidal for you.  Can SNs even use KVM Weps?  Might make it an average killer if you had a +9 or higher then

Get rid of the Str and get 110+ vit
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:33:18 AM by Cherrie »
jRO Lisa - Leader of Memoria~

iRO Sakray/Iris - Ex Leader of The Edo Shogunate

Offline Rei Windrift

• Euphoric Fever
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:46 AM »
They can use KVM.

I've been using the str to level mainly. I know there are turn ins, sure, but I actually do other stuff too. As far as WoE goes, if I DO get a KVM weapon, then the str might be handy, but otherwise, yes, you are right.

Your post is exactly the kind of post I've been looking for, in which faults that can possibly be corrected are pointed out, so I pull a bit out of strength depending on further thinking. Though, I DO wonder what kind of damage could be done with a KVM weapon. Hadn't thought of that. Any testers?

Offline Sho Lin

• (ಠ_ಠ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
idk 120agi 120vit smack emps?

I don't like the idea of a super novice in woe because pretty much any class is more useful than you.

If you insist you want to use a super novice. Forget about offensive skills, use support skills.
Bitches love cannons

Offline MistressTifa

• Pink Lollipop (not Spoon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »
Could you post your PvM Skill Tree and then post a WoE Skill Tree if ur seriously gonna think about woeing on it.  You're not gonna WoE with that skill tree are you?  Some of those passive skills are unnecessary once you hit 150

Main Male Account / Main Female Account
Testing Out Again
[Spoiler]ギルド[Memoria~]のギルドマスター[iROから今日は!]によって、神器アイテム[メギンギョルド]が誕生しました。

ギルド[コンセプト]のギルドマスター[ーShoー]によって、神器アイテム[メギンギョルド]が誕生しました。

[Megingjard] has been bestowed to [Late Nite Sho], the master of the [Concept] guild.[/Spoiler]
jRO Lisa - / iRO Ymir -  /iRO Valk - / iRO Classic.Loki -

Offline Rei Windrift

• Euphoric Fever
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 09:32:44 PM »
The skill tree I provided was meant for both PvM and WoE, but you are right in that most of the skills one would use in PvM would not be useful in WoE. The only skills I see that would match that statement though is double attack and possibly improve dodge as most skills used in WoE do not rely on flee as a defense. Possibly mammonite too I suppose since it's not often I would get the chance to really use it with exception of possibly guardian stones (lol?). Otherwise, could you clarify?

And I know there are classes ten times better then a super novice in WoE. That's not the point! using supportive skills though seems pointless though as a SN is supposed to be a 'jack of all trades' sort of deal. Not to mention the sp given to us would not fit a purely supportive role. Ten heals and it'd probably be spent. At least using CC abilities, you would have some variety and cooldown before using others unless in a highly extreme situation.

So before I edit the initial post, could I get some examples of some of the skills that would be pointless in one's opinion to use in WoE? I already agree that Improve Dodge and Double Attack would likely fit that description. After which, I'll update the initial post with a new stat build and a separate pvm and woe skill tree.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:37:43 PM by Rei Windrift »

Offline MistressTifa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 10:53:27 PM »
I skimmed it through for now, prob can give you details tomorrow but id def get rid of Stone Curse 6 and put that into getting to Quag 1, SC generally now sucks

Double hits still nice for emp
Id get rid of Dodge if ur 150 alrready

will prob come out with more later

Testing Out Again

[Megingjard] has been bestowed to [Late Nite Sho], the master of the [Concept] guild.[/Spoiler]

Offline Steax

• So why am I here again?
    • View Profile
    • http://r7.web.id/
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 01:33:42 AM »
My take on an entirely annoying-somewhat-supporting SN:

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/nox.html?10ak2kcArjdAhA3zoqn1qs1GADncAaorH91qs

Quagmire, decrease agi, safetywall to block enemy pneumas, traps. Bless/agi/pneuma/pushcart available to support others. You can go and get vending 1 to sell crap at low prices and hope they don't kill you.
Recently moved to iRO Renewal. Usually on the character Afrost.
If I\'m not ingame, I\'m often online for wiki editing.

Offline Rei Windrift

• Euphoric Fever
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 02:58:06 AM »
Interesting. Is Stone Curse's resistance depending on int now? Because if so, then Sho might have a point and I could potentially put those points towards Quag instead.

And on Steax's idea, you know, I have considered just dropping frost nova altogether and doing freezing traps instead. It's just frost nova hits more for your buck, but having the extra skill points from putting into cold bolt, frost diver, and ice wall would be extremely beneficial. I do find that build to have it's perks though.

I really appreciate all the advice people!

Offline MistressTifa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »

Testing Out Again