Author Topic: The Hunter Thread - Renewal Edition  (Read 48798 times)

Offline Gluttony

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Hunter/Sniper/Ranger Post 14.1
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 09:02:17 PM »
Quote from: boltcrank;1209352
^ May I ask why did you add STR? You can use those points in another stat like INT or LUK.

For 193 aspd you will need to use the Mora Set + a high upgraded Elven  bow with Beholder Master Card on it plus some buff/AGI  FOOD/Awakening&Celemine Potions.

Your skill build is fine but may I ask why ur Camo is lvl1? Description  says you can only use Camo Lvl1 on walls plus you cant move. Mobbing  using Camo at full move speed is better. You can also drop Warg Ride and  use the ugly Ostrich from the Kafra Store. It will save you 1 skill  point and use it in Trap Mastery for the extra +1 INT and 220 SP.

For MvPing, you can hitlock them most of the time at 193 aspd unless  they use AGI UP like Drake. IF that happens then you are pretty screwed :D

i want lvl 5 camo, but i confuse where 1 can get 4 skill point. keen nose maybe? str just for weight (and tiny damage extra) because in my server doesn't have gym pass.

Quote from: Lieren;1209452
Your stats are too spread out which means you won't be able to optimize your dps. You need to decide which build you want to focus on so you can allocate stats, skills and funds for gears.

You're not gonna woe/pvp so don't need STR for carrying or masquerade resist. Are there any monsters that does masquerades? Just kafra card or bwing and warp/tele back if you need to resupply. The dmg added from str is neglible. Don't that much VIT since you're not pvp/woe.

If you're going for autowarg, more LUK, then AGI then DEX.

If you're going for AS, more INT then DEX.

For hunter skills, just make sure to get Falcon Eyes & Windwalker. Status traps are nice for mob control. The rest are pretty much useless except Landmines unless you pvp...

As for 193 aspd, add 1 more base AGI then you won't need a +14 beholder bow. The rest mentioned by boltcrank are needed unfortunately to reach 193 aspd.

in the beginning, i want to make autowarg ranger because i heard autowarg can make a really good dps, but i think AS for AoE damage is important so i decide to spread my status.
but i want more focus on autowarg, so how much luck i need?

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 09:29:20 PM »
This depends on your gears & which foods ur willing to be using non-stop. As much luk as u can ...

Offline Gluttony

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »
i though 90 is high enough, so it need like 110++?

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »
You can never have too much of LUK, understand that you have to allocate you stat points as there is only so much given at 150. Enough AGI plus Gears plus Buffs plus Foods to get to 193 aspd. Enough DEX to hit and deal decent dmg. The rest to Luk, use good judgement if you feel you need to allocate to other stats. There is no X = perfect base stat.

Offline Gluttony

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 11:03:17 AM »
1 more question. because i'm doing AS too, is it fine to get 40ish int? or is it better leave it at 1? really need your opinion (not asking perfect build)

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 01:21:15 PM »
The cast time will be noticably slower at 1 INT vs ~40+ INT. You will need some INT to not run of sp as camo+AS will surely drain you often at 1 INT. Unless you have perma-strings+suffragium+magnificat+bless+ sp slave+ INT+DEX foods+increase sp pot, you will more often than not run out of sp.

Offline Kraven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:18 PM »
is there a big difference between 40-70 int in terms of cast time?

Offline boltcrank

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »
Didnt know INt helped with the cast time D:

Offline Clogon

• Buying Luk!
    • View Profile
Ranger Skill Details UPDATED ON: November 23, 2010, did not update Warg Strike, Bite or Sensitive Nose.

My first RO char from beta!
My first marriage!

Blitzstrike, the purple haired hunter:
iRO Ygg: 150/50 Need to me more usefull!

Pros of a Ranger, Pet and Traps ignore all reduction item effects.

Choden, chaser:
iRO Ygg: 117/33 Need more equips!

Pros of a Chaser, Deadly Infect works on MVP\'s.

Offline psyburn21

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 07:59:02 PM »
Class: Ranger
Goal:   150, woe and some mvping
Funds: meh
Gear:   got some decent gear
Stats: 100 dex, 90 agi, 60 vit, 40 int, 15 luk
Skill Build:  http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/rgr.html?10cKJfqoqorFdFqncAsOrKqn4brsraf2

I have the stat and skill builds figured out, I just wanted some suggestions for gear.  I do have more gear then that, but that's what I mainly use.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:53:12 AM by psyburn21 »
Gonna redo my sig sometime soon.

Primary Account | Secondary Account

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 09:47:43 PM »
What're the skills that you plan to use?

Offline psyburn21

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »
Arrow Storm, Warg Strike & Bite, Fear Breeze mainly.

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
+9 Rideword is nice for leveling. For killing with AS, +9 Evil Marching, that zodiac headgear that adds to % range when over upgraded, or anything that adds + to % range. For Warg skills, pretty much most dmg comes from stats and weapon. If you can cast AS fast that you won't need phen, you might want to try MOH or Bow Thimbles. The rest are ok, enchants would be nice and overupgrading the WW armor helps.

Offline psyburn21

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »
I would assume that you mean Sagittarius Crown in the zodiac headgear.  Also, I switch the phen clip for MoH alot when in party and I only use the phen when I have to tank my own mobs (which is what I was doing soloing Desert Wolves and Hill Winds last night to 111).

The white wing accessory has +1 dex and agi while the suit as sharp 1 and +2 Luk.  I plan to +7 the armor once I got the zeny to do so and try enchanting sharp 2 and stats in it once I got the mora coin for that.  I still have nimble gloves as well.

I do plan on getting a Rideword hat when I can.  My next question is whether the Mercury Riser a good helm to have? Also, what cards should I be getting for my gear.  Porcellio is a given for the armor.

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 08:08:05 PM »
Unless, you ctrl+click then the mercury riser won't compliment the skills that you mentioned that you were going to use