Author Topic: The Hunter Thread - Renewal Edition  (Read 49193 times)

Offline zakame

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Hunter/Sniper/Ranger Post 14.1
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 09:09:56 AM »
72/32, wondering on which skills to take; looking at traps to complement bow skills.  Currently looking like an AGI/DEX with some auto-blitz.  Leveling on goats.

Class: Hunter
Goal: Trans
Funds: Limited
Gear:   Level 60 Eden gear, Rudolf Headband (saves on pots)
Stats: High AGI/DEX, 1 STR, 1 VIT, 28 INT, 40 LUK
Skills: Maxed Arrow Shower, Owl's Eye, Double Strafe, Blitz Beat, Steel Crow

Offline Wish

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 08:57:33 PM »
Not really any traps are needed for bow builds in pvm. It's worth looking into ankle snare, freezing trap, sandman, electro shock (3rd job). With bow, you'd either kill them before they can reach you or soon after, or you can use camouflage and AS when you job change to Ranger.

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »
If you have some to mob or if you can afford to mob yourself, shower is really fast. If you want to save get 90 agi dex each rest to luk, ctrl click everything to oblivion. Same thing when u get to ranger, just get eyes and walker.

Offline zakame

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 03:31:28 AM »
Quote from: Lieren;1211758
If you have some to mob or if you can afford to mob yourself, shower is really fast. If you want to save get 90 agi dex each rest to luk, ctrl click everything to oblivion. Same thing when u get to ranger, just get eyes and walker.

Yes, I was doing exactly that, much earlier (earned levels 50-70 mobbing at Orc Dungeon and using Arrow Shower.)  I looked at Leveling Spots which tells me I could level at Sleepers in Juno, but seems to need Claymore Trap for it, so I'm wondering what skills to get.  Would this skill build be fine then?

Offline farpenha

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 06:11:11 AM »
Can a 100/18 (Dex/Agi/Int/Vit) be a decent Hybrid Trapper/AS to up/mvp post-balance?

by Mycen

Offline Existent

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 09:46:23 AM »
Class: Warg/Trapper
Goal:    PvE
Funds: Moderate
Gear: Shares the same gear as my Autowarg Ranger(except the weapon)
Stats:    STR/AGI/INT/DEX/VIT

Planned Stats (including Job bonus, IC, Falcon Eyes, Owl's Eye and Research Trap)

93+7 STR
104+26 AGI
90+10 VIT
82+18 INT
69+31 DEX
10+5 LUK

Skills: http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/rgr.html?10FXJfqxqoeFdFqncAcBqnbn1qAabsSrbIn1

My question is should I drop Camouflage(it increases trap damage doesn't it?) in favor of maxed ES + 1/2 point(s) in FT and IT? Also, what is the minimum aspd needed to decently manual cast WS? Is 184-185 aspd good enough?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:03:31 PM by Existent »

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »
@zakame - i think the wiki is outdated, what you can do is get on db.irowiki.org and do a search of monsters that are weak to fire (according to you skill build), use the search function to look for monsters that are five below and fifteen above your current level. You can also switch it up the filer to see which ones are easier to one shot or if you're inclined to get more base or job experience. Also note while mobbing is fast also depends on spawn, if there's not enough, you're better off teleporting and ds'ing and repeat. Try hunter bow combo. With converters and other ways to endow, you should be able to broaden your choices of where to level.

@farpenha - if you're talking about hunter traps, then using them to lure then AS kiting then yes, as the stats you'll be getting for an AS build actually compliments a trapper. If you're talking about ranger traps, i don't think so as you may not have enough skills points and they don't deal as much damage as the hunter traps. So may it may not work.

@Existent - er, okay... this will be hard or slower to 150/50. You won't be able to chain BS fast with the aspd. 187 is decent for WS. Below that i wouldn't even bother to get WS. Problem with hybrids is that your stats are too spread out to maximize skills but you're a bit more flexible i guess. Camo doesn't compliment trapping as you'll probably be mobbing which make camo go away more often than not... Maybe you should share more as to why you thought of this build so we can give a better input? Sorry, I just find it really weird...

Offline farpenha

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »
@Lieren
any idea how much damage can a Ranger Trap can do with 100 Dex/Int now?
thanks

by Mycen

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »
I still have a trapper one with those INT/DEX stats. In Mora, Fire does ~9k to the earth properties, landmine does ~25k to fatums, cluster does ~8-9k to mimings.  With Eddga, Ice does ~6-7k and blast mine does ~16-20k.

Offline Existent

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »
Quote from: Lieren;1211938
this will be hard or slower to 150/50. You won't be able to chain BS fast with the aspd. 187 is decent for WS. Below that i wouldn't even bother to get WS. Problem with hybrids is that your stats are too spread out to maximize skills but you're a bit more flexible i guess. Camo doesn't compliment trapping as you'll probably be mobbing which make camo go away more often than not... Maybe you should share more as to why you thought of this build so we can give a better input? Sorry, I just find it really weird...

I'm actually planning to make knife wielding manual warger/trapper/warg dasher Ranger. Regarding Camouflage, that's what I'm also thinking since I plan to mob + detonate in pvm and finish them with either warg dash/strike/keen that's why I'm having doubts in taking Camouflage instead of ES for crowd control.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:04:25 PM by Existent »

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »
Can you reset easily in your server?

Offline zakame

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 11:06:21 PM »
Quote from: Lieren;1211938
@zakame - i think the wiki is outdated, what you can do is get on db.irowiki.org and do a search of monsters that are weak to fire (according to you skill build), use the search function to look for monsters that are five below and fifteen above your current level. You can also switch it up the filer to see which ones are easier to one shot or if you're inclined to get more base or job experience. Also note while mobbing is fast also depends on spawn, if there's not enough, you're better off teleporting and ds'ing and repeat. Try hunter bow combo. With converters and other ways to endow, you should be able to broaden your choices of where to level.

Thanks!  Yeah I gathered the wiki page seems outdated, guess it needs some love ;)

Come to think of it, Moscovia Spotlight event seems suited to my hunter now (he's 77/38 now,) just need to do the dungeon entrance quest to hunt fire-weak mobs.

Offline farpenha

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 02:18:59 AM »
Lirien,
so, I think it's a nice damage... Guess I should go Trapper till 150, then reset skills if I get bored... =D... thank u.

by Mycen

Offline Lieren

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
If you're talking about pre-skill balance yeah i suggest trapping with rideword+malicious to power level, if post, go AS then reset, manual Warg is actually good, not as crazy burst damage as AS builds or hitlocking dmg Autowarg but decent spammability and better tanking.

Offline farpenha

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2012, 03:20:21 AM »
Lieren, I thought the 9k damage was post balance... Do you know how much is the damage post balance?

by Mycen