Author Topic: The Performer Thread - Renewal Edition  (Read 16890 times)

Offline Clogon

• Buying Luk!
    • View Profile
The Performer Thread - Renewal Edition
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »
Everything about Performers can be found in here!

• Ask for help with builds
  • Post your builds
  • Ask for help with where to level
  • Post your character

Old info:

Spoiler: show
14.1 brought many changes so updated threads with applicable build advice will help much more than the old threads.

To facilitate the exchange of information and prevent needless posts, please use the a template similar to the following:

Code: [Select]
How can I improve this char?

Class: Perma Champ
Goal: Farming Instance Orc Hero for Orc Sword
Funds: Just started
Gear: Total newbie with only eden gear
Stats: High agi, average str, vit, dex

Old thread:
http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=65976
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:31:38 AM by Blueness »
Ranger Skill Details UPDATED ON: November 23, 2010, did not update Warg Strike, Bite or Sensitive Nose.

My first RO char from beta!
My first marriage!

Blitzstrike, the purple haired hunter:
iRO Ygg: 150/50 Need to me more usefull!

Pros of a Ranger, Pet and Traps ignore all reduction item effects.

Choden, chaser:
iRO Ygg: 117/33 Need more equips!

Pros of a Chaser, Deadly Infect works on MVP\'s.

Offline Valkyrie Lene

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Performer Post 14.1
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 02:55:01 AM »
Mm, can I repost here?

Quote from: Valkyrie Lene;1207312
Quote from: amerlia;1199113
Siren's Voice is nice since you can get all of the monsters you charm off of you so you have time to switch to your bow and cast SR. SR now has that horrendous no-switch-gear-as-arrows-are-falling and ungodly-stupid-beyond-all-belief-cast delay so you might like that time to do so-- cause before, once you got a chunk of your damage off and it doesn't take much more to kill the monsters, you can switch to a strong whip and allow the rest of the damage to take the monster out, meaning you have a shield to live.

But yeah, Swing Dance is super nice for aspd, but if you're just SR and Reverb, I guess you don't have to. But it's our best skill atm. I can see you want Moonlight to increase your Reverb damage, tbh I dunno if it'll increase that much or be like Windmill which only increases +50 weapon atk, so meaning it'll only add +50 weapon matk with lesson 10? Do you really plan on res-ing people with Death Valley? I only get that skill to more or less troll people in pvp since it drains their sp. I suppose it can be a litte useful in pvm, but I'd rather save the res'ing for the priests.

I wish you went job 50 as a high archer, Arrow Shower is pretty amazing since renewal, my main wanderer have AS 10 and DS 9-- my pure pvm build has AS 10 and DS 10 (I gave it a gypsy point).

You're gonna have to figure out what you want for sure either SR or Reverb-- so you can max out to get the best damage. You could go hybrid in a sense, but then your stats will be all over the dex, int, luk, agi spectrum. Every 3 points of luk adds 1 matk. You could go for vit for living aspect, since our hp pool is pretty sucky. I suppose your stat mark up you have is alright. I'd somehow try to raise your luk a little, but that's just me.

Edit: Switching isn't a pain, it's the way of life of the performer. Just like when performing any song. If I ever see the skill Amp over a performer's head, I look horrendously down on them. (Only exception is if their switching weapon is broken, but then I just double click my weapon off).

PS: I do like dazzler, a lot. Since it was our greatest asset turned to crap, but pvm it's still great.
Thx a lot, but sry for the late reply I'm busy with other stuffs >.< Ok, then how about this?

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wan.html?10JkJfrAJkGOeA1e1nakeabqeBbsrA4kwY

PS: The reason why I discard Metallic Sound is because according to my head the damage will be something like judex (sry for the rather off-topic lol) :P

Offline Clogon

• Buying Luk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 03:56:01 AM »
The whole point of not locking the other thread yet is so people can continue their discussion from previous threads.
Ranger Skill Details UPDATED ON: November 23, 2010, did not update Warg Strike, Bite or Sensitive Nose.

My first RO char from beta!
My first marriage!

Blitzstrike, the purple haired hunter:
iRO Ygg: 150/50 Need to me more usefull!

Pros of a Ranger, Pet and Traps ignore all reduction item effects.

Choden, chaser:
iRO Ygg: 117/33 Need more equips!

Pros of a Chaser, Deadly Infect works on MVP\'s.

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »
What's a good post-balance build for leveling?
Be you steadfast.

Offline amerlia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 10:22:20 AM »
Quote from: Valkyrie Lene;1207836
Mm, can I repost here?

Quote from: Valkyrie Lene;1207312
Quote from: amerlia;1199113
Siren's Voice is nice since you can get all of the monsters you charm off of you so you have time to switch to your bow and cast SR. SR now has that horrendous no-switch-gear-as-arrows-are-falling and ungodly-stupid-beyond-all-belief-cast delay so you might like that time to do so-- cause before, once you got a chunk of your damage off and it doesn't take much more to kill the monsters, you can switch to a strong whip and allow the rest of the damage to take the monster out, meaning you have a shield to live.

But yeah, Swing Dance is super nice for aspd, but if you're just SR and Reverb, I guess you don't have to. But it's our best skill atm. I can see you want Moonlight to increase your Reverb damage, tbh I dunno if it'll increase that much or be like Windmill which only increases +50 weapon atk, so meaning it'll only add +50 weapon matk with lesson 10? Do you really plan on res-ing people with Death Valley? I only get that skill to more or less troll people in pvp since it drains their sp. I suppose it can be a litte useful in pvm, but I'd rather save the res'ing for the priests.

I wish you went job 50 as a high archer, Arrow Shower is pretty amazing since renewal, my main wanderer have AS 10 and DS 9-- my pure pvm build has AS 10 and DS 10 (I gave it a gypsy point).

You're gonna have to figure out what you want for sure either SR or Reverb-- so you can max out to get the best damage. You could go hybrid in a sense, but then your stats will be all over the dex, int, luk, agi spectrum. Every 3 points of luk adds 1 matk. You could go for vit for living aspect, since our hp pool is pretty sucky. I suppose your stat mark up you have is alright. I'd somehow try to raise your luk a little, but that's just me.

Edit: Switching isn't a pain, it's the way of life of the performer. Just like when performing any song. If I ever see the skill Amp over a performer's head, I look horrendously down on them. (Only exception is if their switching weapon is broken, but then I just double click my weapon off).

PS: I do like dazzler, a lot. Since it was our greatest asset turned to crap, but pvm it's still great.
Thx a lot, but sry for the late reply I'm busy with other stuffs >.< Ok, then how about this?

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wan.html?10JkJfrAJkGOeA1e1nakeabqeBbsrA4kwY

PS: The reason why I discard Metallic Sound is because according to my head the damage will be something like judex (sry for the rather off-topic lol) :P

Sorry for not responding, I barely look on this site anymore or really play outside of WoE.

I like some of the major changes. But no tarot or dazzler? And dear goodness.. please max Dance Lesson.. all of your dancer songs will suck without it maxed. Power Cord and Lullaby? Eh.. I can without those. And sensing isn't worth much after 110-ish.

I'd suggest this: http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wan.html?10JkJkrFJkGO6nakeAbnbobseAanqnakwY

I got rid of Lover's Symphony because that mdef is alright, but never really necessary, since you'll either have Swing Dance up for rangers and gx's (eh..) or Moonlight Serenade for locks and sorcs. So I wouldn't really see a time where it'll be necessary.

The res'ing skills, Death's Valley is kinda meh. I'd still want to carry yggs. It doesn't drain the person being res'd-'s sp. And plus it saves you 4 skills points.

I'd suggest those points from LS and DV be used in Dances with Wargs. If you have another performer in the party, it adds aspd and reduces casting time a bit. With 5 performers in a party, unlikely, it'll be as good as Sacrement 5.

I played with the other points and got you Song of Despair 5 and Song of Mana 1. The sp regen is alright, not really that great, but it's the only useful thing I see left worth getting unless you want to get Lerad's Dew that raises max hp. SoD because it'd boss to hold off monsters/people back for that long.

Of course, this is a lvling build/suggestions. I hope this isn't way too late. Good luck.

Quote from: Chance;1209158
Depends on maestro or wanderer and what build you're actually aiming for.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:23:41 AM by amerlia »
Classic: After School // Where\'s Kaite? // t r a s h ?[/S]
Renewal: Ping-Chan_YM

♫♪ ♥\'s:
댄스: Dual Life -- 라니아: Just Go
Rihanna: Stay (Feat. Mikky Ekko)

Offline Valkyrie Lene

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »
Quote from: amerlia;1215767
Sorry for not responding, I barely look on this site anymore or really play outside of WoE.

I like some of the major changes. But no tarot or dazzler? And dear goodness.. please max Dance Lesson.. all of your dancer songs will suck without it maxed. Power Cord and Lullaby? Eh.. I can without those. And sensing isn't worth much after 110-ish.

I'd suggest this: http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wan.html?10JkJkrFJkGO6nakeAbnbobseAanqnakwY

I got rid of Lover's Symphony because that mdef is alright, but never really necessary, since you'll either have Swing Dance up for rangers and gx's (eh..) or Moonlight Serenade for locks and sorcs. So I wouldn't really see a time where it'll be necessary.

The res'ing skills, Death's Valley is kinda meh. I'd still want to carry yggs. It doesn't drain the person being res'd-'s sp. And plus it saves you 4 skills points.

I'd suggest those points from LS and DV be used in Dances with Wargs. If you have another performer in the party, it adds aspd and reduces casting time a bit. With 5 performers in a party, unlikely, it'll be as good as Sacrement 5.

I played with the other points and got you Song of Despair 5 and Song of Mana 1. The sp regen is alright, not really that great, but it's the only useful thing I see left worth getting unless you want to get Lerad's Dew that raises max hp. SoD because it'd boss to hold off monsters/people back for that long.

Of course, this is a lvling build/suggestions. I hope this isn't way too late. Good luck.
Aww, u're one sweetie pie! I miss u so much! It's ok for the late reply, thx a lot <3 I didn't realize about dance lesson at all before D: I thought MS would be nice for free BM and Powercord for aoe wizard link XD What do u think about this one?

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wan.html?10JkJkrAJkGO6nbxeabnbobseAban1kwY

Edit: Isn't Siren Voice works pretty much like aoe Despair Song? So I thought maxing it wouldn't rly be neccessary.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:41:44 AM by Valkyrie Lene »

Offline amerlia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 05:31:33 PM »
Quote from: Valkyrie Lene;1216321
Aww, u're one sweetie pie! I miss u so much! It's ok for the late reply, thx a lot <3 I didn't realize about dance lesson at all before D: I thought MS would be nice for free BM and Powercord for aoe wizard link XD What do u think about this one?

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wan.html?10JkJkrAJkGO6nbxeabnbobseAban1kwY

Edit: Isn't Siren Voice works pretty much like aoe Despair Song? So I thought maxing it wouldn't rly be neccessary.

Drop Song of Mana one lvl and max Dances with Wargs and your build should be set.

Song of Despair is a ground targetted spell that traps things-- you can tele things with it. Siren's Voice is AoE version of Charming Wink, but works on everything-- via formula (ask Akin for that.. I'm bad with formulas). They're both great. Siren's Voice would be more useful for PvM. Song of Despair 3 will be fine for PvM too, you just need to trap it real fast and then try to tele it. Or just hold things at bay, allow them to detrap and then kill it. So yeah.

Edit note: Oh, SoD doesn't work on mini's or mvps. Heh.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:31:59 PM by amerlia »

♫♪ ♥\'s:

Offline amerlia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »
I'd go for a nyd garment and a rideword hat-- i still don't know if it procs with reverb. And robo eyes for midheadgear.

♫♪ ♥\'s:

Offline Akin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 06:32:48 AM »
Quote from: amerlia;1216717
I'd go for a nyd garment and a rideword hat-- i still don't know if it procs with reverb.

Didn't I try that out? I forgot what I found out. I'll try again I guess lol.
"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline SexyMofo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
Hi guys, I don't understand a thing about Bard, could you please explain to me how Strings works?
 According to the wiki [link=http://irowiki.org/wiki/Magic_Strings]Strings[/link] reduces the Variable Cast Time and the Delay, but what got me confused was the fact that it seem as more Int the Bard has, more reduction we will have. So, to see if I got it right, a Bard with 100 int/dex and Strings/Magical lessons on max level will reduce the cast time by 70% and the delay by 70%? If so, does that stack with KK card, CoD and other variable cast time reduction gears?

Offline Akin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
100 INT/DEX with maxed Magic Strings and Music Lessons would actually net you 50% variable cast reduction and 90% global delay reduction.

And yes, those items do work with Magic Strings.

Offline amerlia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »
I read that post earlier and I was like "think looks like a job for Akin!" lol...

Quote from: Chance;1209158
If you want a pure lvling build.. the only stats you'd want, and maxed, are dex, agi, luk. You can determine how much you want to reduce for int (for strings) and vit (for hp). It's really all up to you. Not sure if there's a cookie cutter anymore.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:11:25 PM by amerlia »

♫♪ ♥\'s:

Offline Akin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
:)