Author Topic: The Alchemist Thread - Renewal Edition  (Read 38788 times)

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
Re: Build Help! Alchemist/Biochemist/Genetic Post 14.1
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 02:02:55 PM »
If you're having trouble surviving in AL3, get a sorcerer to tank for you:

dragon helm pair = 20% resist dragons
immune dragon mant = 15%
dragoon valk shield = 30%
dragonology = 20%
Tidung (armor) = 5% all races

90% (92% overall with neutral resist) dragon resist trolololol

Like perma mental strength but full walkspeed and skills =D

You can still get 70% resist yourself and the dragonhelm pair is +16% damage to dragons as well I think so its decent offensively, but you won't have the sparkley castime a CoD of Caster would give you (sadface).

Myself I'd probably do the CoD of caster, and 2 sprint rings, and just a valk shield of dragoon with a red twin edge (cursed water endowed). Variant shoes, Well-Chewed Pencil, +9 immune Backpack, and orleans of Ifrit.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:06:34 PM by Jayed »

Offline Trym

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »
Quote from: Jayed;1217706
If you're having trouble surviving in AL3, get a sorcerer to tank for you:

dragon helm pair = 20% resist dragons
immune dragon mant = 15%
dragoon valk shield = 30%
dragonology = 20%
Tidung (armor) = 5% all races

90% (92% overall with neutral resist) dragon resist trolololol

Like perma mental strength but full walkspeed and skills =D

You can still get 70% resist yourself and the dragonhelm pair is +16% damage to dragons as well I think so its decent offensively, but you won't have the sparkley castime a CoD of Caster would give you (sadface).

Myself I'd probably do the CoD of caster, and 2 sprint rings, and just a valk shield of dragoon with a red twin edge (cursed water endowed). Variant shoes, Well-Chewed Pencil, +9 immune Backpack, and orleans of Ifrit.

i tried it...hahaha no luck that dragon helm in our server aint a easy to get since its in the hypermart

woooot...yeah i got my own +7 3ple malicious Naght sieger (B) + endower flame launcher,  may be ill go for scarab hole since i got , bigfootcards, sunflower, tidung, +7 immune proxy, variant, ... ill just post the pics how many damage i made it. thanks everyone

Offline Dannyael

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »
Class:    Genetic
Goal:    MVP/PvM (Acid Bomb/ Cart Cannon)
Funds:   Modest, I can't afford god items or high end stuff...
Gear:    +9 HF w/ zipper bear|+9 proxy skin w/ raydric |Bloodied shackle ball combo | Ring of Flame Lord | +8 Orlean's Gown +3 Int w/ porcellio | Gangster scarf (low headgear +5 atk) | Weird Mask (+2 all stats mid headgear) | +7 Cancer crown w/ Isilla (it's slotted on bRO)
Stats:   This is my final base stats w/ job 50 bonus (150/50):

STR:110 +1 -> 111
INT:109 +11 -> 120
AGI:1 +5 -> 6
DEX:64 +6 -> 70
VIT:67 +3 -> 70
LUK:71 +1 -> 72

Current at 109/18 with these base stats:
STR: 100
INT: 100
AGI: 1
DEX: 40
VIT: 30
LUK: 22

I have a 99 Lif but she's really weak! She can't handle even a single magmaring, she's totally useless now that MC is a total crap. =(
I'm thinking of killing her (With a broken heart because I have her since 2007 :() and make a Vanil to replace her, but I'm not sure... Amistr sounds a good option too... I really don't know which homun should I choose... And I have no idea which Hom S it will become... Maybe Dieter, if I choose Vanil. I'd appreciate some advices about which homunculus.

And about other Genetic skills... I'm sure only for Cart Cannon and for the other cart skills,except for Cart Tornado. I don't know if crazy weed worth it or Fire Extension... I'd be very grateful for some help about skill tree too.

About leveling... I'm doing good in mag2. I'm current at lvl 109. Until when should I stay there? And where to go after? Any comment about my build and equipments will be welcome.

Post Scriptum: Please disregard any grammar mistake! I'm working really hard to improve my english skills! :colbert:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"In hoc signo vinces!"
Louis Pasteur

Offline repliaced

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »
Quote from: Dannyael;1222755
Class:    Genetic
Goal:    MVP/PvM (Acid Bomb/ Cart Cannon)
Funds:   Modest, I can't afford god items or high end stuff...
Gear:    +9 HF w/ zipper bear|+9 proxy skin w/ raydric |Bloodied shackle ball combo | Ring of Flame Lord | +8 Orlean's Gown +3 Int w/ porcellio | Gangster scarf (low headgear +5 atk) | Weird Mask (+2 all stats mid headgear) | +7 Cancer crown w/ Isilla (it's slotted on bRO)
Stats:   This is my final base stats w/ job 50 bonus (150/50):

STR:110 +1 -> 111
INT:109 +11 -> 120
AGI:1 +5 -> 6
DEX:64 +6 -> 70
VIT:67 +3 -> 70
LUK:71 +1 -> 72

Current at 109/18 with these base stats:
STR: 100
INT: 100
AGI: 1
DEX: 40
VIT: 30
LUK: 22

I have a 99 Lif but she's really weak! She can't handle even a single magmaring, she's totally useless now that MC is a total crap. =(
I'm thinking of killing her (With a broken heart because I have her since 2007 :() and make a Vanil to replace her, but I'm not sure... Amistr sounds a good option too... I really don't know which homun should I choose... And I have no idea which Hom S it will become... Maybe Dieter, if I choose Vanil. I'd appreciate some advices about which homunculus.

And about other Genetic skills... I'm sure only for Cart Cannon and for the other cart skills,except for Cart Tornado. I don't know if crazy weed worth it or Fire Extension... I'd be very grateful for some help about skill tree too.

About leveling... I'm doing good in mag2. I'm current at lvl 109. Until when should I stay there? And where to go after? Any comment about my build and equipments will be welcome.

Post Scriptum: Please disregard any grammar mistake! I'm working really hard to improve my english skills! :colbert:

That is not a PvM/MvP build @_@
That's a potter build.

If you want gene pots, you don't need luck, gene potion making skills run off int only.

If you want alchemist pots or slim whites, make a 99/70 bio. They have better success than a 150/50 genetic.

If the luck is for more atk, I would still drop it and get 100 dex.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:51:54 AM by repliaced »

Offline Dannyael

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
Quote from: repliaced;1222968
That is not a PvM/MvP build @_@
That's a potter build.

If you want gene pots, you don't need luck, gene potion making skills run off int only.

If the luck is for more atk, I would still drop it and get 100 dex.
I have no intentions to brew with this char!:D
And yeah, I thought in Luck for more ATK. According to the Iro Wiki, 100 Dex would add 20 ATK and MATK and with the remaining points Luck could be raised to 11 base plus 1 from the job bonus totalizing 12.  100 Dex and 12 Luck gives a total bonus of 24 to Matk and Atk.

With 70 Dex and 72 Luk, the bonus from Dex  would be 14 to ATK and MATK and from Luck would be 24 to ATK and MATK , totalizing the bonus of 38 to both substats. That's why I planned to put into Luck... Why would you drop the luck to get 100 dex? For further cast time reduction? I'm confusing now... :confused:

Thanks for the analysis!

Post Scriptum: For Cart Cannon, Int equipments are better than Atk equipment? I dunno if I should use a Crown of Deceit w/ Isilla + Lord's Cloth +3 int with a Mistress of Shelter card + Earrings w/ phen or the Cancer crown w/ Isilla + Orlean's Gown w/  porcellio + Ring of The Flame Lord.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"In hoc signo vinces!"
Louis Pasteur

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 06:43:39 AM »
They aren't talking about brewing, they are talking about special pharmacy to make your blood sucker and thorny seeds for your skills as well as the fruit bombs with bomb making, and the mixed food making. you could get by without the mixed food making or even the fruit bomb making, but the thorny seeds and blood sucker seeds are vital for woe. Requires INT to make them only.

Whoever ran around the community and told people to get LUK for ATK is a troll. 1/3 LUK = ATK, and unlike str, doesn't add 0.5% wep atk per point, and unlike INT, doesn't add % mod on cart cannon/acid bomb. It's less than 1/5 as valuable as STR or INT. Useless, really. You're taking points out of more useful stats for nothing except maybe curse/stone curse resistance.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:43:56 AM by Jayed »

Offline Dannyael

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 11:23:34 AM »
Quote from: Jayed;1223238
Whoever ran around the community and told people to get LUK for ATK is a troll. 1/3 LUK = ATK, and unlike str, doesn't add 0.5% wep atk per point, and unlike INT, doesn't add % mod on cart cannon/acid bomb. It's less than 1/5 as valuable as STR or INT. Useless, really. You're taking points out of more useful stats for nothing except maybe curse/stone curse resistance.
I see... I'll remake my final build to 110 Str and Int, 100 dex and 67 Vit then. What you think?
Do you have any comments about my equipments?
About leveling... I've moved to majoruros and it's far better than mag2! Exp/hour is awesome there and quite empty on my server (bRO @Odin). It's pretty easy to one shot, since there are only two types of monsters and the gargoyle has a very  low hp. I'm just one shoting huge mobs there.

And about these?
Quote from: Dannyael;1222755
I have a 99 Lif but she's really weak! She can't handle even a single  magmaring, she's totally useless now that MC is a total crap. =(
I'm thinking of killing her (With a broken heart because I have her since 2007 :()  and make a Vanil to replace her, but I'm not sure... Amistr sounds a  good option too... I really don't know which homun should I choose...  And I have no idea which Hom S it will become... Maybe Dieter, if I  choose Vanil. I'd appreciate some advices about which homunculus.

And about other Genetic skills... I'm sure only for Cart Cannon and for  the other cart skills,except for Cart Tornado. I don't know if crazy  weed worth it or Fire Extension... I'd be very grateful for some help  about skill tree too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"In hoc signo vinces!"
Louis Pasteur

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 11:35:20 AM »
Quote from: Dannyael;1223049
Post Scriptum: For Cart Cannon, Int equipments are better than Atk equipment? I dunno if I should use a Crown of Deceit w/ Isilla + Lord's Cloth +3 int with a Mistress of Shelter card + Earrings w/ phen or the Cancer crown w/ Isilla + Orlean's Gown w/  porcellio + Ring of The Flame Lord.
CoD is great, or rideword, or evil marching hat, or cat ear beret (rachel sanct) others.

orleans' gown of wild cat int+3 is good for armor

2 sprint rings for accessory since medal of honor doesn't affect damage and the increase from 4 int is minor, as is ring of flamelord. -20% cast time adds a lot more DPS with the rapid rate of fire you'll want with cart cannon.

"+9 heroic backpack" we just got is great for cart cannon too, +10% ranged damage and +30 ATK if you have 90+ STR and 90+ DEX, which you should on a genetic anyway.

Offline repliaced

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »
I hear rideword doesn't proc from CC now.

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »
is that so..? haven't used my RW in  a while...

Offline repliaced

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 04:40:57 AM »
Have heard from several guildies it doesn't work with cart cannon after the balance patch :x

Offline Trym

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 04:53:37 AM »
oh yeah what gear is better for scarab hole 2

currently i have
+9 Hurricane fury [1]

+4 3ple malicious Naght sieger blade hahaha RED

kindly share yours?

note: cant test it on scarabs since i havent finish my quest @ el disastes too lazy hahaha
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:08:21 AM by Trym »

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »
I always used nidhoggur+rideword and a hurricane fury on scaraba with a medium life potion ticking away and my HP/sp stayed up while soloing there

Offline Dannyael

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 02:13:54 AM »
By the way, is it worth to have 110 STR & INT, 100 DEX  leaving 67 to VIT or is it better to put 100 into STR, INT, DEX and VIT?
I'm propense to choose the second one for the better survivability and for the +9 Heroic Backpack bonuses. Furthermore, besides believing it's a good build for both AB and CC, I don't think that 10 points less into STR and INT will reduce my damage that much... But your opinions are crucial!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"In hoc signo vinces!"
Louis Pasteur

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 05:40:11 AM »
I actually have nearer 90 base str and 100-105 int/dex/vit