Author Topic: One Piece  (Read 94802 times)

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
One Piece
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:03:54 PM »
Anyone else watch/read it? Latest manga chapter(That just got released) was interesting. Kinda cool to find out who all the good rookie pirates are.

And most people stay away from the anime because the art puts them off, but those of us who made it through the first bits couldn't get away from it anymore. Yay thriller bark. They're doing a good job so far with it in the anime. And Brook is awesome.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Master_Loki

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Smartguy1670
Re: One Piece
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:20:59 PM »
I actually stopped watching it a while back, since they started a huge filler arc with the Foxy Pirates, and it just got pretty boring. I'll probably start watching it again soon though, since One Piece is one of my favorite ongoing series.
Valkyrie
Love Bomb You\'ll find out soon
Christy 96/64 High Wizard
Videos & Games: My Youtube Channel

Offline Draconis

• Shao owns me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »
One Piece, now your local tournament shounen series.

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:36:23 PM »
Quote from: Draconis;138388
One Piece, now your local tournament shounen series.

At least they do it well.

@Loki - I skipped all the filler stuff, lol. And I haven't watched any of the movies yet.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Yuuyuki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 11:09:57 PM »
I've tried reading the manga a few years back, but it kind of spoiled watching the anime for me, and I like watching the animation better.
Some of the fillers have been pretty dull, but it's just something about the show and characters that makes it an irressitably fun and entertaining anime, even during some of the duller times.

Just one of the great shows that you want to see go on and on and on.

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 05:31:20 AM »
I rewatch the anime every so often. I'll watch like one arc at a time, then stop and do other stuff.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 06:29:01 AM »
Quote from: After Life;138397
@Loki - I skipped all the filler stuff, lol. And I haven't watched any of the movies yet.
Watch movie 6, it's so good!

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »
Just got done re-watching the Lougetown arc again. I always thought it was too bad that Smoker was a marine. He'd make a badass pirate. Guess I can dream about him ending up in the straw hat crew eventually.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline tiedoll

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
Quote from: After Life;140249
Just got done re-watching the Lougetown arc again. I always thought it was too bad that Smoker was a marine. He'd make a badass pirate. Guess I can dream about him ending up in the straw hat crew eventually.

maybe.. dunno.. thats what i think too...

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 04:06:24 AM »
I haven't read the entire manga, so I dunno if they've done any backstory on Smoker or not, but I wanna know why he ended up as a marine.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 08:34:25 AM »
Quote from: Master_Loki;138386
I actually stopped watching it a while back, since they started a huge filler arc with the Foxy Pirates, and it just got pretty boring. I'll probably start watching it again soon though, since One Piece is one of my favorite ongoing series.

The whole thing with the Foxy Pirates wasnt actually a filler... Just they added a second round of games into the anime to fill up more time. I think there was something like 10 filler eps with the Foxy Pirates or something like that total, less eps than are typically done during the filler periods between storylines.

Quote from: After Life;140656
I haven't read the entire manga, so I dunno if they've done any backstory on Smoker or not, but I wanna know why he ended up as a marine.
They havent done any back story on smoker yet. He hasn't really been in OP much since Alabasta, except for a cameo when luffy's bounty went up again.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:40:04 AM by Lamech »
2SS/RS Camaro Black/Black   Status: Garage Princess

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »
Quote from: Lamech;140789
They havent done any back story on smoker yet. He hasn't really been in OP much since Alabasta, except for a cameo when luffy's bounty went up again.

Yea it sucks. He's one of my favorite characters. When you watch the loguetown arc you get the feeling he liked pirates when he was a kid, but now he's a marine.

And how many more people do you guys think are gonna end up in the straw hat crew? They have 9 total right now, 10 if you still count Vivi. They're heading to the new world so I expect them to pick up 3-4 more people I think. Which is the normal for each area.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »
Quote from: After Life;140827
you get the feeling he liked pirates when he was a kid, but now he's a marine.

Tell the truth, I don't really think he liked pirates when he was a kid, but was more so in awe of Gol D. Roger and especially the fact that he smiled even though death was upon him.

Currently the crew has 9 people (in the manga) listed below.
Spoiler: show
luffy, zoro, ussop, sanji, nami, chopper, robin, franky, brook

I'm not really sure how many more they will get. I don't think they will get one for a while since they just got 2 in the last 2 arcs, but I could be wrong. Needless to say the manga is still going strong. I can't wait for the next chapter, stupid golden week =(.

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »
Quote from: Lamech;140954
Tell the truth, I don't really think he liked pirates when he was a kid, but was more so in awe of Gol D. Roger and especially the fact that he smiled even though death was upon him.

Currently the crew has 9 people (in the manga) listed below.
Spoiler: show
luffy, zoro, ussop, sanji, nami, chopper, robin, franky, brook

I'm not really sure how many more they will get. I don't think they will get one for a while since they just got 2 in the last 2 arcs, but I could be wrong. Needless to say the manga is still going strong. I can't wait for the next chapter, stupid golden week =(.

Oh I unafk'd just as you posted. Go team.

He might not of liked them, but he certainly didn't seem to hate them. Even now he doesn't really seem to hate pirates too much. He's just the type who would be better as a pirate I think.

They'll most likely get another crew member in one of the upcoming major arcs. Not the bubbletown thing I don't think, but maybe the big arc after that or the next one. The things where they have a major fight is normally where they pick up a new crew member. I do expect them to get at least 3 in the new world though. I'm kinda hoping they pick up another serious type like zoro, except maybe older and from a former pirate crew who knows what to do. After that I don't really expect them to pick up too many more people, otherwise it'll be hard to work them all in decently. Just have to wait and see!

And yea having to wait sucks. Wonder if Luffy is gonna fight any of the other big bounties in that town.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »
Quote from: After Life;140966
And yea having to wait sucks. Wonder if Luffy is gonna fight any of the other big bounties in that town.

I'd actually really like to see luffy do something to the royal descendants in Shabondy Archipelago and then  have to face one of the other 2 admirals. Though I'm also interested in who Rayleigh is... 100x stronger seems like quite the boast.