Author Topic: One Piece  (Read 94930 times)

Offline Yuuyuki

• View Profile
Re: One Piece
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 10:07:50 PM »
Quote from: After Life;140249
Just got done re-watching the Lougetown arc again. I always thought it was too bad that Smoker was a marine. He'd make a badass pirate. Guess I can dream about him ending up in the straw hat crew eventually.

It'd be tough to get Smoker to join 'cause he seems like the type that'd want to follow his own path and be the boss, although he has shown a softer side. To have to break up the duo with, Tashigi would be tough, since he also seems to be like a mentor to her, and they make a great team.

Wonder what circumstances would have to occur to make it not be so bad if that were to happen, though. And it would definitely be interesting as to what could happen if things do end up like that.

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 05:01:55 AM »
I don't think it'd be hard to convince Tashigi to join up if Smoker was thinking about it. Since I think eventually the world government is gonna do something that'll restrain/piss Smoker off, which might make him consider leaving the marines. Plus eventually after Tashigi realizes just because Zoro is a pirate, doesn't mean he's completely evil, it'd be even easier.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 10:23:42 AM »
I dont think smoker or tashigi really have a chance of joining, unless something horrible happens and the WG is somehow to blame and/or they put the blame on smoker. I think that is almost the same as saying aokiji would join or even ace. Though I like their characters a lot and it would be cool to see them join. I don't see it being very likely. On the other side maybe this new guy Rayleigh will join them...  (lol at luffy no longer being strongest in the crew).
2SS/RS Camaro Black/Black   Status: Garage Princess

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 10:44:40 AM »
I wouldn't say they have no chance of joining, but it is pretty slim. Despite how Smoker acts he does like the straw hat pirates. And from the Alabasta arc you can tell that the government does do some stuff that pisses him off. So you never know.

And if that Rayleigh guy is actually stronger than Luffy that'll be the reason he doesn't join I think. I don't see them actually putting someone in the crew who is stronger than the captain. He would fit part of my hopes for the next crew member though. Since he is an older, former pirate. He might end up being around the strength of Luffy though, and then they might have him join. But them getting a new member this soon after getting Franky and Brook would be weird. I expect them to at least wait a major arc or two.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 11:25:16 AM »
I was kidding about Rayleigh joining and becoming the strongest in the crew. But yeah i would agree, I dont see another crew member joining for a little while. They have just gotten 2 new ones in a very short span. I just noticed that it isnt just 1 week without OP but 3... that makes me sad =(. Seems like chapter 500 will be around the end of May now. Wonder what will happen in it.

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
Why are they taking a break after golden week is done?

The only reason I'll be glad if they get another new member so soon is if he is just plain awesome like Brook is. Actually I'm expecting them to get another female member soon. It's been a while since they got Robin, so it'd make sense if they got another girl next. It'd have to be another devil fruit user though, or she'd have to be really specialized in some aspect like Nami is with navigating.

You think their bounties might go up after the bubble town? If they get into some fights with the royal people or some other high bounty pirates. I mean they just did beat the hell out of Gecko Moria, even though it hasn't gotten out yet that he was beaten. I just hope that Chopper gets a real bounty eventually. Poor guy.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 01:23:45 PM »
Quote from: After Life;142077
You think their bounties might go up after the bubble town? If they get into some fights with the royal people or some other high bounty pirates. I mean they just did beat the hell out of Gecko Moria, even though it hasn't gotten out yet that he was beaten. I just hope that Chopper gets a real bounty eventually. Poor guy.

I dont think the Moria incident will affect bounties at all since the world will never find out that anything actually happened there, except maybe through Lola's crew. Overall I dont see luffy's bounty going up a that much more for a bit unless he does defeat an admiral like akainu or aokiji or maybe him beating kidd will up it some. I see more of a possibility  of him somehow getting in a fight with kidd and his crew with the other 100+ bounty pirates. I'm pretty happy choppy in his normal form has a bounty of 50 though, I found that pretty funny. If chopper gets a higher bounty I hope it is for another form which they cant put 2 and 2 together and see that both forms are the same person.

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
I think they'll keep going until they eventually break 1bil in total bounty between the crew. Which won't be too much longer with the rate they go up every few major arcs. Sanji will go up over 100m after the next bounty raise(but won't get a real picture on his poster), and so will Robin. And everyone else will be around 60-80mil I think. Except Chopper. Just because I want his to go up doesn't mean it will :(. And do you think Usopp will get a bounty himself, or will Sogeking's go up again? I mean everyone except Chopper and Luffy have realized Usopp = Sogeking. And Chopper has started to catch on because of Usopp using that new weapon he made when he was wearing the mask during thriller bark. 700,000,050 total bounty right now. So if they do something big again and it gets out I think they'll easy get to 1bil.

And I hope they show the 4th Yonkou soon, or let us know there actually is a 4th right now.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 07:31:15 AM »
Quote from: After Life;142319
I think they'll keep going until they eventually break 1bil in total bounty between the crew. Which won't be too much longer with the rate they go up every few major arcs. Sanji will go up over 100m after the next bounty raise(but won't get a real picture on his poster), and so will Robin. And everyone else will be around 60-80mil I think. Except Chopper. Just because I want his to go up doesn't mean it will :(. And do you think Usopp will get a bounty himself, or will Sogeking's go up again? I mean everyone except Chopper and Luffy have realized Usopp = Sogeking. And Chopper has started to catch on because of Usopp using that new weapon he made when he was wearing the mask during thriller bark. 700,000,050 total bounty right now. So if they do something big again and it gets out I think they'll easy get to 1bil.

And I hope they show the 4th Yonkou soon, or let us know there actually is a 4th right now.

I think for now I'll be really happy when they just show Jinbei. I really wana see what he is like since he had crew members like Arlong. After that seeing a Yonkou would be cool.... especially if it was Lola's mother haha. Wonder if they will run into her soon or not.

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 08:23:50 AM »
I always just expected Jinbei to be a bigger, scarier version of Arlong lol. And that would be really cool if it was Lola's mother as the 4th. They'll meet her after they get into the new world I think. I can't wait until farther down the road when Luffy meets Whitebeard. I can just imagine how hilarious that will be.

I kinda want Luffy to end up as a Yonkou, but then I don't want to deal with the constant marine interference since it'd get annoying. Although they're working towards getting that anyway.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Cubical

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
wait, whats this thing with usopp = sogeking? ?_? link plx

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
When they got to Water7, they got the Going Merry checked out by some shipwrights and they said they could do nothing to repair the ship, so they had to get a new one. Usopp was against scrapping the Going Merry, so him and Luffy fought for the ship and Usopp lost. So he was kicked out of the crew for going against captain's orders or something around there. After that Robin willingly got taken to Enies Lobby which is like one of the marine bases/prison things. Usopp went along with them, but he wore a mask and called himself Sogeking. Everyone but Luffy/Chopper knew who it was, but they didn't say anything. He helped them fight in Enies Lobby and burned the World Government's flag with his new pachinko weapon on Luffy's orders. After they got away from there, new bounties came out and the one was for Sogeking and not Usopp since he didn't take off the mask the entire time he was there. But he apologized as Usopp and was allowed to return to the crew on the new ship.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 09:21:28 AM »
Quote from: After Life;142685
When they got to Water7, they got the Going Merry checked out by some shipwrights and they said they could do nothing to repair the ship, so they had to get a new one. Usopp was against scrapping the Going Merry, so him and Luffy fought for the ship and Usopp lost. So he was kicked out of the crew for going against captain's orders or something around there. After that Robin willingly got taken to Enies Lobby which is like one of the marine bases/prison things. Usopp went along with them, but he wore a mask and called himself Sogeking. Everyone but Luffy/Chopper knew who it was, but they didn't say anything. He helped them fight in Enies Lobby and burned the World Government's flag with his new pachinko weapon on Luffy's orders. After they got away from there, new bounties came out and the one was for Sogeking and not Usopp since he didn't take off the mask the entire time he was there. But he apologized as Usopp and was allowed to return to the crew on the new ship.
It was quite emotional. I was impressed with how the sequence was done =)

Offline After Life

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
It was a good fight too. I expected Usopp to just get slapped around, but he made really good use of the dials. I never expected him to win, but I didn't expect him to do that much damage either.
Duck Goes Splat

Yellow and Black

Offline Yuuyuki

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 11:23:45 AM »
The Water 7 journey was like an emotional roller coaster with all that had happened with Robin and Usopp; it was very heart warming, and exciting.

Another good scene was right after Franky's, when Usopp was yelling an apology while the crew were leaving Water 7 in the Thousand Sunny. When Luffy extended his hand out to Usopp, it was awesome to see an end up like that.