Author Topic: AzzyAI 1.41 new 4/8  (Read 31076 times)

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
Re: AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 17 release
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 08:41:25 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Azzy;1224899
Quote from: Masara;1224870
Is there anyway to tell a homunc to keep such and such amount of SP in reserve for healing spells or its AoE? So it doesnt use caprice until its sp has run out and then not have any left over for awhile due to dancing.

UseAutoSkill_MinSP will prevent it from using attack skills (anything cast to attack a target) if that would bring it below the specified SP so you can reserve SP for healing.

Vani's usually do better with dance attack turned off.

Quote from: Jayed;1224875
Should design an AI GUI that lets you build an AI like FF12's gambits :D

The hell are those?

GUI stuff is not being done by me - NeoNilox of WPF is working on it. I'm rotten at GUI writing.
never played ff12 I guess! pretty intuitive for letting amateurs design a simple AI.
You basically have three slots for each row, and it works down the row, stopping on the first one that applies, so highest priority decisions are on top.

1. [XXX] [XXXXXXXX] [XXX]
2. [XXX] [XXXXXXXX] [XXX]
3. [XXX] [XXXXXXXX] [XXX]

Examples

1. [Target Ally] [If Target HP < 30%, use:] [Potion]
2. [Target Enemy] [If target HP < 30%, use:] [melee attack]
3. [Target Enemy] [If Self SP > 30%, use:] [Firaga]
4. [Target Enemy] [No Condition] [melee attack]

Basically the AI is like, OK heal my friends top priority. nobody needs a heal? Let's melee attack a weakened enemy. No weak enemies on the field? Let's make them weak with a powerful skill. Not enough Sp, let's just melee attack still.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:44:17 AM by Jayed »

Offline Dr. Azzy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »
Ah, something like that would require a ground up rewrite of the entire AI - not going to happen (not from me at least). That implies a completely different model for the AI than what my AI is based on.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:58:36 AM by Dr. Azzy »
Aaron Kelden - 150/50 HS/DB RK
Yzza .Rd, Dr. Azzy - 150/50 Genetics
The Reason Why! 149/50 AS Ranger
And more...

Offline Cubical

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
so its been about 2 days since the AI has been out.  Im happy to report i've had no bug ups or loops what so ever.  She also hasn't gone off screen either.  Whatever you did in this update really helped my homunculi out alot.  

Thank you for taking your time to do this for us Azzy i appreciate it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:32:55 PM by Cubical »

Offline Dr. Azzy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
Quote from: Cubical;1224984
so its been about 2 days since the AI has been out.  Im happy to report i've had no bug ups or loops what so ever.  She also hasn't gone off screen either.  Whatever you did in this update really helped my homunculi out alot.  

Awesome, glad to hear that.

The fixes for offscreens / loops have been my top priority - and quite honestly, they're not much fun to fix - and I never get them when testing, it's always other people. I've got a laundry list of features to implement that will all be fun to do - not to mention the ones I promised people and didn't write down.

1.50 based on dev 14 has a bunch of stuff implemented (and no testing done yet at all), and i've gotta merge the three most recent versions into it. I was really hoping 14 would be stable and good enough to use as a base for 1.50 - no such luck.

I don't even feel that confident in dev17, because AFAIK the one who's called "Yggdrasil" on WPF doesn't use iW, and they're the one who was really good at triggering freezes (and I don't have their contact info in game, since ofc I can't look at it in their sig). I'd feel alot better if it was known working for them - I'm not really certain I fixed it, and I have added extra logging so to try to shed light on information the logs that I could not reconcile with the code. But then the forums got broken - (FFS, why do they try to upgrade the forums? Every time they try, it's down for days! I can't contact my GUI person either because of this idiocy!)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:30:12 PM by Dr. Azzy »
And more...

Offline espeon

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ɥɔʇıq sıɥʇ
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernanime.com
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Azzy;1224991

I don't even feel that confident in dev17, because AFAIK the one who's called "Yggdrasil" on WPF doesn't use iW, and they're the one who was really good at triggering freezes (and I don't have their contact info in game, since ofc I can't look at it in their sig). I'd feel alot better if it was known working for them - I'm not really certain I fixed it, and I have added extra logging so to try to shed light on information the logs that I could not reconcile with the code. But then the forums got broken - (FFS, why do they try to upgrade the forums? Every time they try, it's down for days! I can't contact my GUI person either because of this idiocy!)

http://forums.irowiki.org/member.php?u=5450

Offline Ramen~

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 05:38:38 PM »
I have to double what cubical had said, this is the best AI dev I have used EVER! no loops, never died, never goes off screen, always obdient. However, the whole bloody lust thing won't go off, and I don't know how to set it up since I'm a BABY with setting up shit on the computer, so if you would kindly go STEP by STEP as if I was a toddler on how to set it up so I can have bloody lust running. It also spams the FCK out of amistr bulwark =/ I tried to set it up to where it said "Min sp to 160" still spams it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote from: YOUR ALCOHOLIC MOM;1386440
Quote from: Ramen~;1386423
Ahhhh oh man. I dunno whats worst. Hemp\'s ego or Xellie\'s justification for everything.
double post, just saying this is the REALEST SHIT RAMEN HAS EVER SAID. EVERYONE SHOULD RESPECT THIS. +1 +1

Offline Uyuni

• Luv puppies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 06:46:56 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Azzy;1224783
To enable the AoE's, in H_Extra.lua (open in notepad, apparently the GUI doesn't save changes correctly), set the Use(homun type)(skill name) = 1 instead of =0 and they'll work without further modification. Tweak AutoMobCount to adjust how many monsters it needs to see before it'll use an antimob skill.

Just did it, but still unable to cast volcanic ash (Vanilmirht (cute) -> to Dieter (obv)).

H_Extra.lua had "OldHomunType=FILIR", tried with that setting no go, tried with "VANILIMIRTH" same problem.

Using latests AI (dev 17)
:monocle:
Uyuni 150/50Genetic:ssh:
Supremacy 128/25 Archbishop (New!)
Terra Chere 14x/xx Mechanic
Space Dementia 150/4x Royal Guard
Endlessly 125/2x Sura

Retired

Offline Masara

• View Profile
    • http://azurebreeze.org/
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »

Awesome, glad to hear that.

The fixes for offscreens / loops have been my top priority - and quite honestly, they're not much fun to fix - and I never get them when testing, it's always other people. I've got a laundry list of features to implement that will all be fun to do - not to mention the ones I promised people and didn't write down.

1.50 based on dev 14 has a bunch of stuff implemented (and no testing done yet at all), and i've gotta merge the three most recent versions into it. I was really hoping 14 would be stable and good enough to use as a base for 1.50 - no such luck.

Ahh sorry im Yggdrasil lmao It hasnt frozen but I havent even been using this version for more than 12 hours or so. I do not usually use these forums but I figured you would post an update here. If you would like to contact me in game I usually leave Etincelle online for the majority of the day, if she is offline then I disconnected and will probably log back in after awhile (Usually an hour or so if its late at night or early morning)

Edit: It froze for some reason but not while I was just sitting somewhere. I spent most of tonight walking around Moscovia since people were being gathered and warped there. It wasnt a very good AFK spot so I was putting my homunc away and teleing until I found a mob and then resummoned. Once or twice the homuncs AI would freeze upon calling it. I wasnt able to get a trace on it since I was in danger of getting my butt handed to me but I will try and recreate it at a later time. There also seems to be something wrong with the sprite. (I still have it set to dance) For some odd reason when just attacking the sprite of the homunc will just stop all movement and hold for 1-3 seconds before resuming what it was doing. By hold I mean the sprite wont change from its attacking position (It doesnt move at all, it stops and stays perfectly still like the homunc itself is frozen) I dont know if this is caused by the AI or not but I didnt notice it before now and thought I would mention it. I'll post traces here or on the WPFs when/if they ever come back up whenever I get a good one.

Editagain: Sorry Azzy, the AI froze while I was sleeping; I woke up to a dead Genetic and a homunc with full hp and sp. I will try and trigger it again so I can get a trace.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:56:26 AM by Masara »
The pen is mightier than the sword... so when all else fails get a gun.

Offline sakaki-tan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »
Overall good.  Lava slide works well.

Dance attack still bugs with mobs.  The homunc gets displaced as it goes back and forth and 'drifts' in one direction, eventually going off screen and out of range, thereby unable to rescue the owner or attack.

Also not sure what's up with orbitwalk.  Setting it to 1 does nothing, but setting it > 1 causes the homun to dart in the southwest direction almost everytime before it starts the orbiting.  This seems to have started just a few versions ago.

Offline Cubical

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:53 AM »
Quote from: Ani_Holic;1225085
I have to double what cubical had said, this is the best AI dev I have used EVER! no loops, never died, never goes off screen, always obdient. However, the whole bloody lust thing won't go off, and I don't know how to set it up since I'm a BABY with setting up shit on the computer, so if you would kindly go STEP by STEP as if I was a toddler on how to set it up so I can have bloody lust running. It also spams the FCK out of amistr bulwark =/ I tried to set it up to where it said "Min sp to 160" still spams it!

auto blood lust works.  Make sure you enable AutoQuicken from the GUI.  To turn off Bulwark, on the GUI window[pic below] set the UseAutoGuard to False and he wont use it.

You have to tell the AI what your homunculus' previous evolution was heres what you need to do

Go to your H_Extra file, at the top of the text [see pic] file replace it with the code listed below.

Code: [Select]
-- HOMUN S STUFF THAT DOESN'T HAVE GUI OPTIONS YET:

--WE CAN DETECT IF IT'S A VANI - still working on ways for the other ones.
--Only change this if yours was a lif or amistr
--OldHomunType=LIF
--OldHomunType=FILIR
OldHomunType=AMISTR

It should work whenever your homunculus has the sp and isn't in the cool down for blood lust.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:51:42 AM by Cubical »

Offline luckywhiterabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 07:09:27 AM »
I'm noticing an overall improvement in dance attack. the damage comes out more consistantly, but when dealing with large mobs, it does tend to pull the homunculus off screen.

It's definately better than before, though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:10:15 AM by luckywhiterabbit »

Offline .:Dave:.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
The Filir skill Moonlight has been acting rather odd for me since I recently evolved my homunculus. I have all the limiters, delays, and autouse settings as default which previously would allow my Filir to use Moonlight on a regular basis. Do I need to change something to allow my homunculus to use this skill as it once did?

Offline Realus

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
so its been about 2 days since the AI has been out.  Im happy to report i've had no bug ups or loops what so ever.  She also hasn't gone off screen either.

The fixes for offscreens / loops have been my top priority - and quite honestly, they're not much fun to fix - and I never get them when testing, it's always other people.

After AFKing for like 36~ hours; I'd report 1 Off-Screen run with this latest build.
It was running okay for quite awhile with dance off (18+hours?) and after that I wanted to test out dancing again to see if it was better for my pre-vani.  [It wasn't really]
After a couple more hours, it ran off screen and left me alone, so I had to chase after it.  (If it matters, it ran off screen to the right)
I quickly switched the ASPD Dance off after that, and it's been stable this entire time.

Perhaps it was attacking a mob and ran off screen while dancing?
I wasn't at the computer to actually witness the offscreen-ness.

---

While it ran off screen once; I will say though I have experienced no freezes with my homunc.  While it's on screen it works perfectly.

---

1)  Do you want Traces of it running off screen too?
2)  How would I do a Traces >_>;
3)  If yes to the above two, do you want me to turn on dancing to see if it happens more times?

==============

I will also say I like the AI in ant hell better as well.  When it get stuck behind things, it fixes itself much quicker to go after the eggs now.  [Well, I last used like dev 12 or so in Ant Hell]

So my Lif is doing much better in that place, lol.

Offline Dr. Azzy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 03:02:29 PM »
Okay - If the offscreen only happens during dance attack, I know what's causing it - I don't need additional tracing on that.

The dance changes shouldn't pull it off screen any more than before, but they should attack more consistently.

I'll disable dance near the edges of the screen, so it can't obstacle-slide off the screen while dancing. I'd like a more graceful way, but let's face it: Dance attack is a bug exploit, it's not really reasonable to expect it to work flawlessly!

Dave: Turn off use of the homun S skill, it thinks you have a homun S attack skill, most likely.
It's a lvl 99 filir->eleanor right, so it doesn't have sonic claw yet - and since sonic claw has range of 1, I can't detect whether or not the homun has the skill.  Turn off use of homun S skills while chasing and attacking until you get sonic claw.

Also, I can't log into warpportal forums, so i'll be handling all support here until Oda comes online so I can get it fixed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:03:23 PM by Dr. Azzy »
And more...

Offline Ramen~

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »
I wonder how I get my old sheep skills running since my Amistr is a Eira now...... I have a downside from what happen after it "evolved" I evolved it at 105 and before it's aspd was 168. Now it's 151..... will this fix if I lvl once? like that's the lowest ASPD I've ever seen O.o;; wtf. I thought by leveling it more as it was a sheep, it's stats would go as it originally, that wasn't the case for me =/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote from: YOUR ALCOHOLIC MOM;1386440
Quote from: Ramen~;1386423
Ahhhh oh man. I dunno whats worst. Hemp\'s ego or Xellie\'s justification for everything.
double post, just saying this is the REALEST SHIT RAMEN HAS EVER SAID. EVERYONE SHOULD RESPECT THIS. +1 +1