Author Topic: The Assassin Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 17782 times)

Offline Pantsu

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Assassin Edition
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »
Well, why wouldn't you put a skel worker in the infil? The carded infil is significantly better. They both suck against the bg bravery katar whenever that gets implemented.
You can call me Brian Boitano.

Offline Mushironsha

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 07:27:24 AM »
They might have been 3m a week ago, but I've been seeing them 8-10 lately.

Infils are expensive because everything's expensive right now. Also they're really good. A +5 infil
  • should equal or beat a +8 double bloody boned jur at anything below 120 str. A +7 infil
  • beats a +10 2x1x jur. An infil [1] looks at a jur and laughs. Specialty jurs can beat infils, but only at high str.

Not to mention that even if you made a 2x1x jur, the skel worker card alone would probably cost 8-10m. And the high atk of the infil makes it a decent PvM weapon anywhere you can't afford to make a carded jur for.

As for what to card an infil with, I'd go with boned. I don't remember whether RO considers infil's % damage to demi the same as hydra's or not, but I'd be willing to wager it does based on how other things work. If RO doesn't add them, boned beats bloody below 110 or 120 str because of the 5 atk. If RO does add them, bloody does 170% damage and boned does 172.5% damage.

Edit: For clarity, infil
  • is 150% while 2x1x jur is 161%, but the huge atk difference between upgrading a level 4 vs level 2 weapon means you need a lot of str for that extra 11% to win.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:34:21 AM by Mushironsha »

Offline Kiros

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »
Thanks that really cleared it out for me. But the description on the Infiltrator on says nothing about demi-human dmg. So it's quite deceiving though I know that it has +50% basically on most RO servers.

Offline Lupus

• You knocked my eye out.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.redomo.net
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 09:39:32 PM »
The demihuman damage mods would be added together.

Offline enuma

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 02:26:32 PM »
What are the properties of the emp going to be? Is a crit build going to be the best woe build for an assassin without having ice picks in the game for a while?

Offline nemesis94

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 04:04:11 AM »
Hi guys i have a new thief which is around level 27 with 3x AGI 2x STR and 1X DEX. I was just wondering, what is the best build for both leveling and probably WOE? Should i go for Crit build or any other build would be better? Thanks in advance. Oh and if i'm going for the crit build, should i start pumping LUK at my level or a 3 SS jur would do fine?

Offline Mushironsha

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 05:07:33 AM »
My sin wasn't crit, so I can't advise on builds, but if the emp is normal and not that plant bullshit, crit will be better than dagger until ice picks are available.

Right now there are a lot of unknowns... we don't know for sure what the emp will be (although I'd assume normal emp) and we don't know how Heim will handle the seals. If he just leaves everything as-is, you'd basically have one shot to make an ice pick until enough parts drop to make the first god item, which would take months. I have a suspicion Heim might not even let people do the quest for a while though. Or he could do something totally different.

If I was making a sin, I'd keep leveling it but not commit to a build until we know what's what, ie getting stats that both builds need and leaving all stat points past that unspent.

Offline Pantsu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 06:26:40 AM »
It could also be the lowered defense emp. Initially emps had 40+80 defense so ice pick was far superior. It was lowered to 40+35 or something along that line, so I think a high +ed 2x1x scalpel was slightly more damage. I forget and am too lazy to calc it. Not that we can use scalpels right now, but gladiuses aren't too far off.
You can call me Brian Boitano.

Offline Mushironsha

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 06:41:54 AM »
Ahh didn't even know about that. Quit for five years, miss a lot. /shy

Edit: Dama > glad though unless you have constant chem protect, slightly lower dmg at high str but naturally unbreakable.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:43:43 AM by Mushironsha »

Offline hyp3rblade

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 01:25:49 AM »
hey guys ...
ive neva played Ragnarok pre-renewal so i dont know much about the damage , def , skills and all ...

So can any1 help me with a good build for an Katar ASSASSIN STATS AND SKILL BUILD please :confused:

My current thief is lvl 56/43 and base stats r as follows :
str-39
agi-59
vit-1
int-1
dex-30
luk-1

Need a good damage build and im not into woe so a good mvping build plz ...

thanks in advance,
<3 0hyp3rblade0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Myrkur

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2012, 07:43:16 AM »
should have stopped with agi at 40 and started more str. you'll want a chick hat

Offline hyp3rblade

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »
im still waiting for a full stat build for a (katar) Assassin ??? and also wanted to knw at wud be better damage wise for mvping n pvm , Dagger or katar ???

Quote from: Myrkur;1280757
should have stopped with agi at 40 and started more str. you'll want a chick hat

Yes i will be buying a chick hat as soon as i job change and decide wat build im willing to go ... :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Myrkur

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »
So far when I see assassins(mainly SinX's) mvp they are link sonic blowing. only thing I would say to get is 99 str like 35-4x dex probably more some vit and agi for a build. I personally don't like MvPing on a sinx

Offline hyp3rblade

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2012, 12:59:45 AM »
Quote from: Myrkur;1281035
So far when I see assassins(mainly SinX's) mvp they are link sonic blowing. only thing I would say to get is 99 str like 35-4x dex probably more some vit and agi for a build. I personally don't like MvPing on a sinx

Oh ok ...
Thanks so much Myrkur ill try tht out ... :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Mushironsha

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »
Unless you're going crit, you're going to want more dex than that if you plan to MVP. 40 base with bless can barely 100% hit eddga, ie the easiest MVP besides amon ra to hit. I had like 60 on my sinx and tons of +30 hit food from some event.

And I may be wrong since it's been a long time, but I can't imagine a non-trans sin winning anything comped.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:12:25 PM by Mushironsha »