Author Topic: The Knight Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 36995 times)

Offline Reverie

• Hermit
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The Knight Thread - Classic Edition
« on: October 14, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »
Everything about Knights and Lord Knights can be found in here!

• Ask for help with builds
  • Post your builds
  • Ask for help with where to level
  • Post your character

Old one here: http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=836
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 11:00:19 AM by Blueness »

Offline Rakutei

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Knight Edition
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »
So I was thinking about going SVD Spear with Pierce and Bowling Bash. Is this a decent build? Could anyone enlighten me with some specifics on gears and such?

Offline Boni

• heimdol pls :(
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:18:23 AM »
Quote from: Rakutei;1259160
So I was thinking about going SVD Spear with Pierce and Bowling Bash. Is this a decent build? Could anyone enlighten me with some specifics on gears and such?

It's the best knight build there is. The only downside is that leveling is difficult until you have the gears and zeny to use. Swordsman is probably the hardest character to start with, sadly.

Once you get Bowling Bash you should get the Rental Combat Knife and BB the shit out of OD2. Great exp and massive loot :D
BNC :^)

iRO Classic

breeg - bowless rogue
Boni -  knight

le fu :monocle:

:p

Offline Jeod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:27:34 AM »
^^
Also, you need a funding char if you don't wann be pissed.

Offline lebel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:55:16 PM »
Quote from: Boni;1259161
Quote from: Rakutei;1259160

It's the best knight build there is. The only downside is that leveling is difficult until you have the gears and zeny to use. Swordsman is probably the hardest character to start with, sadly.

Once you get Bowling Bash you should get the Rental Combat Knife and BB the shit out of OD2. Great exp and massive loot :D

I don't think getting gears or levelling is that hard, the big thing is being able to commit to that you're going to need to get the gears you need to  level well. Though with the limits on high EXP places in the current world map... might be able to pick out one or two options and just aim for those gears and stay til 99/50 no?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:55:47 PM by lebel »
I\'m Top 3

Offline Jeod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:38:35 AM »
Just level at places where the drops shall help you. Do some extra bit of walking and kill Wormtails in your early levels since they drop Pikes. Hit 40+ go Thara Frogs, get higher Orc Ladies.

If you're lucky to get some cards on the way, it will set you up well for HO grind.

Atleast that's how I'd go about.

Offline Zher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »
Hey, I'm a poor swordie looking for places to level.  I've been grinding wolves so far, its good exp but the drops arent gaining me much money for gear to advance other places.  Any suggestions on leveling spots?

46/33

Str 43+3
Agi 9+1
Vit 40+2
Int 1
Dex 25+2
Luk 1+1

I have 17 Def and a +7 rps for gear.

Offline Kimble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 01:27:36 PM »
Hi, just started my Knight and was planning on going for an hybrid build, something like this:

92+8 Str
50+2 Agi
70+10 Vit
12+0 Int
44+6 Dex

I really don't remember if I really need that much dex to hit monsters pre-renewal, any suggestion on the status build?

My skill build is gonna be something like this:
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/knt.html

Thx in advance! :)

Offline Smolderbil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 07:26:29 PM »
Quote from: Zher;1262289
Hey, I'm a poor swordie looking for places to level.  I've been grinding wolves so far, its good exp but the drops arent gaining me much money for gear to advance other places.  Any suggestions on leveling spots?

46/33

Str 43+3
Agi 9+1
Vit 40+2
Int 1
Dex 25+2
Luk 1+1

I have 17 Def and a +7 rps for gear.

You could try Poison Spores. Exp is slightly less than Wolves, but the drops are more valuable and the monster : player ratio is a lot better.
Thara Frogs are also good. They take longer to kill while giving similar exp, but it would definitely pay off  if you get lucky.

Quote from: Kimble;1262319
Hi, just started my Knight and was planning on going for an hybrid build, something like this:

92+8 Str
50+2 Agi
70+10 Vit
12+0 Int
44+6 Dex

I really don't remember if I really need that much dex to hit monsters pre-renewal, any suggestion on the status build?

My skill build is gonna be something like this:
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/knt.html

Thx in advance! :)

Stats and skills are ok. :no1: Yes, not much Dex is needed to hit monsters pre-Renewal though I'd personally get around 5~10 more since we don't have Spear Dynamo yet.
[SIGPIC]http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/ardeus/smolderbil2.png[/SIGPIC]

Offline Ichigo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »
making svd knight

getting bowling bash 10

question:
endure 10 or magnum break 10?

(for woe / lvling)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Smolderbil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 10:31:30 PM »
At early levels, Magnum Break 10 is really handy. But in the long run, Endure 10's the better choice IMO. You'd rarely use Magnum Break once you get Bowling Bash anyway.
[SIGPIC]http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/ardeus/smolderbil2.png[/SIGPIC]

Offline Seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »
Making a pike for HO'S will a +10 pike 2 hydra 2 minos be ok with a water endow? Is it hard to 1 shot?

Offline Myrkur

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:18 AM »
That's a good pike or you could replace the mino with 2 vadon cards but don't think anyone found those yet. And 1 shotting HOs on a knight is easy.

Offline Jeod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:31 AM »
Quote from: Ichigo;1262482
making svd knight

getting bowling bash 10

question:
endure 10 or magnum break 10?

(for woe / lvling)

Endure

Making a pike for HO'S will a +10 pike 2 hydra 2 minos be ok with a water endow? Is it hard to 1 shot?

Orc Lady works better than Minorous, buy Mino works decently as well. You can one hit KO with Mino if the build's right in late 70s (w/o alice doll hat).

Offline Seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply reason i was going for the minos was that i could use that same pike on raydrics :)