Author Topic: Sword Art Online  (Read 118077 times)

Offline Gryvan

• View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »
Quote from: Witch;1262985
A game without magic is so boring though. =\ I'm hoping there's going to be a hacker (ally of the protagonist) of somesort in SAO who gets to use magic. ;D

sword magic~~~~

Offline Witch

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »
Quote from: Gryvan;1262994
Quote from: Witch;1262985
A game without magic is so boring though. =\ I'm hoping there's going to be a hacker (ally of the protagonist) of somesort in SAO who gets to use magic. ;D

sword magic~~~~

No casters = ;<. I do still like the anime though because it reminds me a bit of .hack with its own twist.

I. Wub. Feint. :rolleyes:

Offline 5596050

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »
Since the next episode is "Beater" I wonder if they are going to show the first day as a flash back?

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »
or maybe it has something to do with people looking down on him negatively because he's a  beater. The wiki said "beater" is a derogatory term in sword art online, a cross between "beater tester" and "CHEATER".

Offline Witch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »
Players killing other players for items in-game. That's no surprise. It was bound to happen anyways since in the first episode the main character already said the resources are limited (illogical though).

I. Wub. Feint. :rolleyes:

Offline Xeru

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 03:21:55 AM »
Quote from: 5596050;1263003
Since the next episode is "Beater" I wonder if they are going to show the first day as a flash back?

I think instead of following the novel pacing, they'll be going floor by floor.
Ex. Aria in starless night/Black cats of the full moon arc real time instead of having it as a flashback.

Quote from: Jayed;1263009
or maybe it has something to do with people looking down on him negatively because he's a  beater. The wiki said "beater" is a derogatory term in sword art online, a cross between "beater tester" and "CHEATER".
Spoiler: show
Beater is a derogatory term for the people who applied for the Beta test and were accepted. They get called cheaters because they took advantage of the situation and let others die instead of guiding them. The main protagonist doesn't get found out until a certain chapter where he declares it himself.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:23:59 AM by Xeru »
iRO Valk:
Luxia 150/50 Sura
Ice Luxem 150/50 RK
Duneyr 13x/3x RG

quit

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 08:54:34 AM »
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8u5bY8Now[/ame]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"This is a new world...   our new reality"

-------------------------------------
Shiroe. Lv.151 Warlock ~Villain in Glasses~
Check out my WoE videos!!!
[/B][/COLOR]

Offline Prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 06:27:21 PM »
Just watched the first episode today. As I've felt with .hack, how awesome would it be if such virtual reality gaming was actually possible today (minus the life threatening bugs and crazy people).

What kind of mmo has it where the grand sum of loot and exp acquired by all players is finite? I know it's for the plot and all, but it's one thing if it were something like the developer guy making the game more "interesting" by limiting the resources as such. But knowing right from the start that resources are limited, that's not a very appealing MMO.

And also, 100 floors, really? What kind of mmorpg isn't open-ended lol. Again, sure the plot revolves around "beating the game". But it would have been better if it was something like having a final boss in a castle of doom, but is otherwise open world. Not this, First floor -> second floor -> third floor linear progression.

Anyways, those are just my pet peeves with how SAO depicts mmorpg gaming. I'm sure it will focus more on the action and story.
Marvel Heroes | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2 | iRO | Origin
kfmc | Kevs@kfmc on Mindflayer | Kevs.1679 on Sea of Sorrows | ropd | kfmc

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 08:32:32 AM »
It is quite interesting... I'm done reading the first and second arc and it does have their twist.. Specially at the end of first arc (end of SAO)?

Experience always has a cap... And about the loot and money... Its finite since they start with some amount and in order to get more, they have to sell stuff to NPC or trades... Also, hunting option is available...

This is not a smole MMORPG... but most RPG with diving capacities... That was he selling point for the game... And that's why it attracted too many people...

Dunno how many episodes they will animate... But hope they do finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th volume which are SAO and ALO arcs... Since those 2 are complemented each other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/B][/COLOR]

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 08:53:35 AM »
The game takes place in 2022(?) its possible their database and computer hardware could support NPCs having fixed currency and making deals with other npcs to keep up their currency too :), and their stock isn't infinite, but generated by farmers on fields at a fixed rate, in which case, like a real world economy, there would be fixed money and a fixed amount of goods.

Offline Arwen

• View Profile
    • http://papertriangle.net
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
First episode = win. I'm happy they said no magic in SAO O_O;
.hack is boring as hell and slow...
  Ragnarok Online; Sakray; Chaos || World of Warcraft; US; Moonrunner; Kil\'Jaeden
Diablo III || Final Fantasy XI; Caith Sith; Carbuncle || Granado Espada; Bach
Final Fantasy XIV (1.0); Excalibur || A Realm Reborn (2.0); Excalibur

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
Hey... Hack was awesome... But there are different settings...

On hack, we got your regular MMORPG while you level and there's no end game... While on SAO we have a RPG style where you have a start and end game... Mostly because the reward when u finish the game...

Also, the background history on hack is Aida... Mostly last will of creator and the AI... While on SAO we have the creator takng part on the main history (no more cuz everything else are spoilers).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/B][/COLOR]

Offline Zenden

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:40 AM »
Just watched the first episode and it looks awesome~

Laughed so hard when the players used the mirror and they were like "YOU ARE A GUY?" "YOU LIED ABOUT BEING SEVENTEEN!" LOL

Offline Wish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 12:29:27 PM »
My brother told me to watch this anime, and I don't watch anime, and I really thought it was a joke because it sounded like some online game u-u

Offline geddy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »
.hack is boring, all talk no action