Author Topic: Sword Art Online  (Read 118997 times)

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »
Judging from the anime illustration:

I can tell that the anime won't be covering the whole SAO arc... at least not the complete SAO/ALO arcs that complement each other... then again... we gonna be able to see some "side stories" since we have those girls on the cover... and the sad past of Kirito... (it was quite sad after I read it)

12 episodes... hopefully there will be a second or third season to finish at least up to volume 4... like Horizon =)

PS: I would love to see that "1 month truce" of theirs being animated xD
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:20:15 PM by Wizard »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"This is a new world...   our new reality"

-------------------------------------
Shiroe. Lv.151 Warlock ~Villain in Glasses~
Check out my WoE videos!!!
[/B][/COLOR]

Offline 5596050

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 06:15:45 AM »
Off topic but.. How did this end up in the games, show and music lol...

Thought it was going to be 25 episodes?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:43:13 AM by 5596050 »

Offline Gryvan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 06:25:36 AM »
I'm gonna assume mod thought the words Sword Art "Online" meant that it was an MMORPG game lulz

Offline Noctis313

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »
FIRST EPI = AWESOME
oh my god, finally an anime to fill the empty space left by HxH: GI

Offline Witch

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 08:56:35 AM »
Quote from: geddy;1263807
.hack is boring, all talk no action

Probably because you're only interested in animes that are more action-orientated that doesn't require foreshadowing.

I. Wub. Feint. :rolleyes:

Offline Prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
Dear mods, despite the title, this is an anime -_-

I currently rewatching .hack//sign and yes, it is very different from SOA for a reason. The .hack series revolves around the mystery happening with the game - as in no one knows what the heck is happening so they do a lot of investigations and research. But in SOA, they have a  clear cut goal - get stronger in order to reach+beat floor 100.
Marvel Heroes | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2 | iRO | Origin
kfmc | Kevs@kfmc on Mindflayer | Kevs.1679 on Sea of Sorrows | ropd | kfmc

Offline Witch

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »
Quote from: Prodigy;1264150
Dear mods, despite the title, this is an anime -_-

I currently rewatching .hack//sign and yes, it is very different from SOA for a reason. The .hack series revolves around the mystery happening with the game - as in no one knows what the heck is happening so they do a lot of investigations and research. But in SOA, they have a  clear cut goal - get stronger in order to reach+beat floor 100 or die miserably with no pride left.

;D! Fixed.

.hack//sign is also where it didn't affect everyone directly. Players in .hack//sign fell into comas where as in SAO, supposedly, people literally die. In SAO, everyone is fair game. I'm interested to see if there will be people who will kill other players for items and experience. ;D Oh the dramallama to ensue. :stir: I'd pay to be a part of that game if they introduced caster classes ;D!

Offline Jayed

• Tirades' Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »
Games, Shows, Music

Technically its a show!

Offline Witch

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
Quote from: Jayed;1264179
Games, Shows, Music

Technically its a show!

And technically it's an anime too.

Offline Reverie

• Hermit
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »
Moved thread back and pm'ed who moved it in the first place.

Deceiving title to the uninformed I know.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
Humans these days...

@Witch: Yes... there were some PK'ers and there was even a guild full of them that were "testing" ways to kill people... one of the side histories is the big fight to destroy that guild...

Another interesting thing is that when you see someone, you can see a cursor on that person... but when that person has done some felony (PK), it cursor become "orange" and stays like that for a year or so I believe...

SAO is interesting because is more than a game... for most people in the game, it became reality... since most of them prolly won't have a job or anything to go back to... they tried to live their lives inside the game.

PS: Animenews said that it will be 12 episodes... but judging from the Teaser I Posted before...
Spoiler: show
we can see "The Army" getting wiped out and "Kibito" using his "unique skills" against the boss which is shown on floor 75th I believe... so dunno how they gonna put all that into 12 episodes including the side histories lol.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:39:08 PM by Wizard »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/B][/COLOR]

Offline Witch

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
Quote from: Wizard;1264208
Humans these days...

@Witch: Yes... there were some PK'ers and there was even a guild full of it that was "testing" ways to kill people... one of the side histories is the big fight to destroy that guild...

Another interesting thing is that when you see someone, you can see a cursor on that person... but when that person has done some felony (PK), it cursor become "orange" and stays like that for a year or so I believe...

SAO is interesting because is more than a game... for most people in the game, it became reality... since most of them prolly won't have a job or anything to go back to... they tried to live their lives inside the game.

PS: Animenews said that it will be 12 episodes... but judging from the Teaser I Posted before...
we can see "The Army" getting wiped out and "Kibito" using his "unique skills" against the boss which is shown on floor 75th I believe... so dunno how they gonna put all that into 12 episodes including the side histories lol.

I know. =P The ending showed us of characters trying to "make a living" in-game. I'm curious what is happening to their bodies in real life since you can't escape the reality of food and water no matter how real the virtual reality is.

And I know. ;D That's what made .hack interesting. The principle of not killing other players but being able to in a system that advocates against it. ;D So silly.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:40:54 PM by Witch »

Offline geddy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »
Quote from: Witch;1264124

Probably because you're only interested in animes that are more action-orientated that doesn't require foreshadowing.

there are better shows out there with better foreshadowing and action.. like One Piece
:yawn:
.hack is just a snore fest compare to SAO

Offline Witch

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 01:17:01 PM »
Quote from: geddy;1264219
Quote from: Witch;1264124

there are better shows out there with better foreshadowing and action.. like One Piece
:yawn:
.hack is just a snore fest compare to SAO

Ironically you wouldn't be able to notice if you were "snoring" through it either way. :rolleyes: So technically that holds no water.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »
Quote from: Witch;1264212
Quote from: Wizard;1264208
Humans these days...

@Witch: Yes... there were some PK'ers and there was even a guild full of it that was "testing" ways to kill people... one of the side histories is the big fight to destroy that guild...

I know. =P The ending showed us of characters trying to "make a living" in-game. I'm curious what is happening to their bodies in real life since you can't escape the reality of food and water no matter how real the virtual reality is.

And I know. ;D That's what made .hack interesting. The principle of not killing other players but being able to in a system that advocates against it. ;D So silly.

Well... right after Akihito announced that no one would be able to "log out" until the game is clear, he allowed a 1hr "log off" where the servers and neurolink thing would be disconnect so families can move the bodies to hospitals since it's impossible to take care of comatose bodies @ home... that is explained afterwards by Akihito himself...

.Hack// is awesome because it not just focus on fights but a different system inside the game... develop their characters in a unique way so there can be love and hatred in the same environment... plus gives a glance of a society cover by mystery...

In SAO we have the goal and rules set in stone already (literally speaking)... what makes it quite interesting is the develop of the characters around these settings pre-defined and their "ability" to adapt... then again... more than 35% are not able to... meeting their makers... there are quite sad histories... and most likely we will see one of the sad ones that involve Kirito 1 year ago (since second episode is 2 years after the event first occur).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/B][/COLOR]