Author Topic: The Expanded Class Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 9818 times)

Offline Prodigy

• View Profile
Re: The Expanded Class Thread - Classic Edition
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 06:45:50 PM »
Int/Dex build with Happy Break lvl 10. If you trigger Happy Break's buff, there's a chance that the ES scroll won't get consumed each time you use it.  At lvl 1, it's a 90% chance to not get consumed, and it goes up to 99% at lvl 10, which is why you need lvl 10.

My memory is fuzzy on this one, but I think you have to be sitting next to a Taekwon class and do /doridori to trigger the Happy Break buff. The buff itself lasts for 30 minutes.
Marvel Heroes | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2 | iRO | Origin
kfmc | Kevs@kfmc on Mindflayer | Kevs.1679 on Sea of Sorrows | ropd | kfmc

Offline Lexanord

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 04:01:54 AM »
Thought of giving the Ninja class a try, so what is the better option for a Ninja build? Magic? Projectile Throwing? Melee?

May I also ask what are the stats and what are the usual skills that I should be getting for the build that you will be recommending?

Thanks in advance. :no1:

Edit:
[Classic] [PvM] [non-WoE]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:50:13 AM by Lexanord »
:...:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 07:31:37 AM »
Quote from: Lexanord;1375318
Thought of giving the Ninja class a try, so what is the better option for a Ninja build? Magic? Projectile Throwing? Melee?

May I also ask what are the stats and what are the usual skills that I should be getting for the build that you will be recommending?

Thanks in advance. :no1:

Edit:
[Classic] [PvM] [non-WoE]

As far as Classic goes, a non-WoE build I'd typically say go with Magic.  Exploding Dragon is pretty strong in PvM (it used to be OP in pserver WoE until it got patches :() and fairly versatile.  The AoE ice spell isn't bad either.

Offline AMzobud

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 07:51:30 AM »
Don't expect people to take you serious if you really want to WoE on any extended class but SL.

DPS wise the best one is Gunslinger, 80+ total vit, base 9x DEX to hit bonus of 10  (110/120 etc) rest agi.

PVM Ninja builds, I've always liked the magic one. Its really easy to level, you can hit and run metaling with the Ice Spear and go to Geos with Crimson Fire blossom. Build it like you would build a Wiz type, dex and int.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:51:47 AM by AMzobud »
Mang, i woe\'d with 2ez several times so i would know. most yall be  flocks; like i said, Jolen, Aaron, Amzo, Cyber, run 2ez, and they the  real niggas. rest of yall are flock.

It\'s official, I run 2ez.

Offline Hardc0re

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »
Does anyone know the exact formula for the status change on Gunslinger Mine/Ground Drift? (for example, the freeze chance when using gunslinger mine with a Freezing Sphere)
Both in Classic and in Renewal please :)

Offline Scuba

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 12:38:20 PM »
afaik freezing sphere is just a name for a water element bullet. I don't think it actually carries status effects. However if you plant a mine and swap to a gun with status cards in it before the bomb is triggered, that may produce status effects.
You can\'t spell slaughter without laughter.

Offline LodeStar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »
Freezing Sphere carries a Freeze status when used by Gunslinger Mine. (Fire sphere = knockback, Wind sphere = stun)

As for the question itself though, there's not much testing that has been done with it so the % chance is pretty unknown atm. (if you'd like, we can run some tests ourselves lol)

Offline Hardc0re

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »
I tryed to connect to sakray to test it but the client is closing with fatal error :(
I'd hate to make a Gunslinger Mine build only to find out later that the chance is reeeeeeeeealy low.
On ROEmpire forums some people say it's 100% chance, but that forum isn't being used since 2007 so...

Offline LodeStar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 05:00:01 PM »
The % chance for the status seem decent enough (I'd say round 30~40% from pvp testing in classic, tried in renewal a long time ago and it's much lower there)

That is, I currently only have it at level 8 so I'm not sure how much bearing those last two levels have.

Offline Hardc0re

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »
Quote from: LodeStar;1391880
The % chance for the status seem decent enough (I'd say round 30~40% from pvp testing in classic, tried in renewal a long time ago and it's much lower there)

That is, I currently only have it at level 8 so I'm not sure how much bearing those last two levels have.
Do you think that the skill level raises the chance? Can you run some tests using the level 1 skill? 40% seems actualy like a good number