Author Topic: popular modern mmos  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
popular modern mmos
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:39:20 AM »
i was playing d3 for a while, everyone fucking quit and i'm fucking sick of leveling seasonal characters
i was playing tera for a while, everyone also fucking quit

ESO is full of homos
WoW sucks
wildstar fucking sucks
black desert is all in asia and shit
blade and soul is never being released in america
GW2 is full of lore-fags

any western accessible mmos that aren't full of f2p brazilian scum?
Be you steadfast.

Offline seventhsky

• View Profile
Re: popular modern mmos
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 07:58:13 AM »
PSO2 is finally open to the west. That game's pretty decent and action-oriented, but really anime-ish.

FFXIV seems like a great traditional MMO but it doesn't run on my PC qq

EVE is fun as shit but expensive to play and you need to get used to being #rekt on an hourly basis.

DFO's pretty awesome and a ton of westerners play it. Obligatory gameplay vid:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FxuHwdE0lM[/ame]

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 08:03:05 AM »
isn't PSO2 like older than I am?

FFXIV is boring as fuck "listen to this npc drone about story shit, then listen to this npc give you 30min long cutscenes, then get a bunch of ugly armor from a dungeon that takes 2 fucking hours because people are too busy wanking to their catgirls"

i don't like eve because i'm bad at mmos and get rekt on a half-hourly basis

I WAS GOING TO CHECK OUT DFO UNTIL I SAW YOU POSTED A VID AND WHAT IS THIS 1985, also it looks like online code of princess, and i suck ass at that game

nvm downloading pso2

nvm nvm, game repeatedly mentions buying "@cash" SOUNDS LIKE THE HUEBOAT IS SAILING STRONG ON THIS ONE

you know i tried playing, what was it, Echo of Soul, for a bit, but no one fucking spoke english, and although my standards are low they are also high
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:14:51 AM by Sera »
Be you steadfast.

Offline Prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 12:53:21 PM »
Not quite an mmo, but my brother's been crazy with ARK: Survival Evolved. I'll admit that for an early access game, it is promising to see that it patches/updates every other day. Glitchy bugs aside (mostly pathing and collision bugs), I would have to say that the game is in a playable state. Personally, I just can't stand first person games so I stay away from it.

For more typical mmos, Arche Age is kinda fun to play even if you don't have anyone to play with.
Marvel Heroes | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2 | iRO | Origin
kfmc | Kevs@kfmc on Mindflayer | Kevs.1679 on Sea of Sorrows | ropd | kfmc

Offline Reverie

• Hermit
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »
Quote from: seventhsky;1410594
PSO2 is finally open to the west. That game's pretty decent and action-oriented, but really anime-ish.

I hope you're not referring to SEA because that version is garbage.

PSO2JP or bust. Plus we have random fucking concerts.

Spoiler: show

Offline ZipZip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 09:19:50 PM »
You won't find a good MMO until next year-ish. 2Q or 3Q should be 2 new MMOs if I remember right.

Till then lower your standards and look for games you'd enjoy, are you MMO'ing for PvP? Or for people+story line? or for Dungeons/raid/epic bosses?.

@the guy who said ark,
game kinda sucks imo, I have ~500 or so hours in as of right now and the game is bland as fuck. PvP is alright but most people are cry babies and when you kill them+raid them they scream and shout. HCPVP is super empty [5-10 people on at peak times out of 70] it isn't worth being on a HC server. As of right now they keep increasing the dino levels so even when you perfect kibble[a faster taming option for higher taming %] a 90 spino and it comes out as a 135 spino it's pointless because in a week that dino's base level is going to be inferior to the +30 dino base levels coming out every week-two weeks. [And even on kibble that 90 spino takes ~3-4 hours] If you have a time sink/enjoy building ark is probably going to be alright for you but it's end game content boils down to Raiding/PvPing/Griefing which tends to be boring w/o others to play with you. Should note that half/two-thirds of the population of the game is full retards as well. Not to mention they already have up to 240[it's currently version 189] in their offices but refuse to release it all at once since it makes them appear as though they are releasing updates super fast! Shady as shit but still it'll probably be a pretty good game near the end of it's production, it's a mediocre pvp game in the same way Rust/DayZ/Nether was/is.
Quote from: Corgi Claws;1320004

Quote from: Akari;1319924
Hey blue, can you pm me what ani_holic posted? Or any mod for that matter.

he made fun of the RWC team in one of his posts.

We can\'t have that.

Offline Blind Blade Master?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 08:11:32 PM »
@seventhsky yea i like to play DFO as well do you play on the east or west

and what good mmos are suppose to come out in a year or so?

Offline Rya.Reisender

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 04:52:59 AM »
I don't think there's a western server for PSO2 yet. Otherwise I'd be playing it!

I personally always suggest Ragnarok Online when someone asks for MMORPG recommendations but I guess that's not modern. I'm not playing any others and all the recently released ones are pretty bad, though.

The one I'd be most likely to play would be Neverwinter, simply because it's D&D based. People complain that it's P2W, but I play D&D games for the way and not the endgame.

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 05:14:00 AM »
what is slated for release 2/3Q next year?

i mostly play mmos raiding/dungeons oceania timezone shit, i don't like story games because reading is for fags, and pvp has never really interested me much

my ex told me to check out dark souls, which isn't an mmo and i had originally ignored because getting sick of hyped games that suck ass, but it's pretty cool and is keeping me busy for now

mmo market has been kind of dry lately imo, lot of big stuff has flopped, but most of it deserved to (I'm still pissed about how bad ESO was)

LOL SOMEONE SUGGESTED I SHOULD PLAY RO LOL 10/10 GOOD JOKE MAN LOL
Be you steadfast.

Offline ZipZip

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »
DS wasnt bad, invading was the only thing I enjoyed on it though.

BDO is slated for a 2016 NA release [not sure what version we'll get first]

ToS is slated for a 2016 Release too but it isn't my kind of game.

If Camelot Unchained is going to have any of the following that Dark Camelot [or w/e the hell that game was] CU should work out but it's going to be p2p and it's going to be pvp with no pve I guess? has 3.3 million dollars last I checked [its at 3.5 I guess now?] for people pledging money to it so it's pretty far along.

If you liked D3 you should potentially like PoE, every 3-4 months a new league starts [HC/SC versions].

Path Of Exile is primarily the game I play atm with Dayz/H1Z1/Rust/Nether/Ark taking the role of my PvP games.

I found ESO to be incredibly boring, I played it for awhile but it was too easy to level and the progression felt...weird. [Like I skipped a whole 4-6 towns and it didn't matter]

As you said though the MMO scene is pretty bad atm, most companies are catering to one demographic and leaving another one severely lacking. They are also making most PvE/Dungeons incredibly easy for low risk+high reward.
Quote from: Corgi Claws;1320004

Quote from: Akari;1319924
Hey blue, can you pm me what ani_holic posted? Or any mod for that matter.

he made fun of the RWC team in one of his posts.

We can\'t have that.

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 04:41:01 AM »
after looking at some of the stuff, i think i'm going to play DS until i'm bored with it, then hop over to PoE until non-chinese BNS is released in the winter (yeah right) then catch BDO when it comes out, had a lot of friends play kBDO but my ping sucked really bad

thanks for the suggestions
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:41:22 AM by Sera »
Be you steadfast.

Offline GNU

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »
H E A V E N S W A R D
E
A
V
E
N
S
W
A
R
D

Quote from: Sera;1410595
FFXIV is boring as fuck "listen to this npc drone about story shit, then listen to this npc give you 30min long cutscenes, then get a bunch of ugly armor from a dungeon that takes 2 fucking hours because people are too busy wanking to their catgirls"

r8 me and my little sister :3

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 03:57:48 AM »
you make me sick
Be you steadfast.

Offline Rate

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 11:05:10 PM »
d3 hardcore is pretty fun, pretty sure every class gives you a respawn option with a 60/90/or 5 min cd, so you dont have to worry about lag/random bullshit killing you
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:06:35 PM by Rate »

Offline Prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 12:18:36 AM »
I had my friends try and start hardcore with me. It was a total breeze until around level 40 when one of my friends got cocky and started running ahead of us and got himself killed. We stopped playing hardcore since he quit.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:19:00 AM by Prodigy »
Marvel Heroes | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2 | iRO | Origin
kfmc | Kevs@kfmc on Mindflayer | Kevs.1679 on Sea of Sorrows | ropd | kfmc