Author Topic: Re: Renewal information (read before asking questions)  (Read 555254 times)

Offline Hybrid_Addict

• View Profile
    • http://bhl88.livejournal.com/
Re: Renewal information (read before asking questions)
« on: March 17, 2009, 08:24:03 AM »
Has anyone tested the changes in The Sign?
For the future of hybrids and fun builds.

Brent

Offline Mihai

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 10:44:27 AM »
Quote from: Hybrid_Addict;394760
Has anyone tested the changes in The Sign?

I tested it yesterday. It was giving the usual 5% atk bonus, but nothing for matk D:

Edit: I have to test it further, I don't really remember the numbers when I hit with and without the sign x_x
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:53:28 AM by Mihai »
\'a jest
Vitéz Mihály :...:

Offline Cubical

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 06:14:32 PM »
so does it really matter whether or not you change at trans or 2nd class?

what about previous job points?

Offline Realus

• View Profile
Re: Ragnarok Renewal Discussion Thread 3
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »
If you trans you supposedly keep the +25% or whatever HP/SP.
So that's a pretty good reason on it's own to do so before hand.

Beyond that you have access to Trans skills, 0~20 extra skillpoints (Depending if you turn third class from 99/50~99/70)
And 52 extra stat points, along with avoiding the Character Creation wheel where you need to go 9/9/9/1/1/1 on your stats in the beginning.

Otherwise, no real difference.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:32:04 PM by Realus »

Offline Yralyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:53:35 PM »
Quote from: Realus;395491
If you trans you supposedly keep the +25% or whatever HP/SP.
So that's a pretty good reason on it's own to do so before hand.

Beyond that you have access to Trans skills, 0~20 extra skillpoints (Depending if you turn third class from 99/50~99/70)
And 52 extra stat points, along with avoiding the Character Creation wheel where you need to go 9/9/9/1/1/1 on your stats in the beginning.

Otherwise, no real difference.

The extra HP and SP isn't *that* much of an advantage considering that they threw out VIT in increasing potion efficiency (maybe those +% HP recovery cards finally have a use?), and since Poison deals damage based on maxHP having more HP may even be bad for you (not to mention the fact that Acid Bomb might be doing what, 5k ~ 10k per throw on high VIT targets -- maybe more -- and no way to outpot it except via Yggs, VIT and HP are turning out to be not-so-good stats to go for...).

I seriously doubt you can consider the 20 extra skill points an actual advantage since you can't transfer skill points to 3rd job.  Access to trans skills definitely an advantage, but not skill points per se.

And then there's the fact that stats aren't anywhere near as effective in Renewal as they are currently.  52 stat points could go from +1 ~ +20ish more stat increases on any stat, but considering that none of the stats give that big an advantage except with some of the substats, I can think of only 3 reasons to go trans in Renewal:

• Stat/skill reset
  • Trans skills
  • Earlier access to trans equipment

Otherwise having more HP, more stat and skill points, and some bragging rights on you being a slightly more powerful character than a non-trans isn't really much to go for.

EDP, Magic Amp, and Parry (among other skills) may be the only real reasons for making transcending a must-have -- heck, even Acid Bomb can be replaced by Acid Terror -- so it's pretty much optional now to trans in the first place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I\'m still human, it\'s just the way I work that makes me different." -- Yralyn
Defining the Assassin | Blacksmith Guide (outdated) | Guide to the New Classes
Character Sheets | Member of Excidium

Offline Kuran

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:02:47 PM »
Quote from: Yralyn;395527
  • Earlier access to trans equipment

why? if you go 3rd frist you can use trans equip

but... go trans is a must

(maybe not if it is your frist char and you go 3rd to get equips cards zeny, etc, for your future main chars)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:03:43 PM by Kuran »

Offline bluefox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
and since Poison deals damage based on maxHP having more HP may even be bad for you
Even though you lose more HP if you have a higher base HP, you'll still have more HP than someone who has a lower base HP than you if both of you lose the same amount of fixed HP. HP HP HP HP HP HP. So, having all HP you can have is always helpful. VIT, not so much.
Not going Transclass before going 3rd should only be done by those who really want to have access to 3rdies already. However, if you really want to do that, I suggest you play around with them in Sakray.
yesmsg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Realus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »
HP has no relation to Acidbomb, I don't see why you'd talk about it with that.
If you don't like the damage, tailor your vit to be different? O_o

Green Potion > Poison.

And HP is very nice for RK (Frenzy), RG (Martyr's Reckoning), Sorcerers (Indulge), and Wanderer/Minstrel (More Max HP, more damage needed to end their song)

And SP is nice for Shura (Asura)

And I can't believe you didn't add any scholar skill; Indulge, Exhale, Fiberlock, and Blinding Mist to that list.
Not to mention a couple other good skills: Spear Dynamo, Frenzy, Zen, Meltdown, Ganbantein to name a few more.  (I'm not sure what damage skills are very useful in renewal, with the ATK changes, and Cast Time)

--------

Main reasons for Trans: (imo)
- Skill/Stat reset (Well, you rebuild from level 1)
- Access to Trans Skills
- 20 More skillpoints then non-trans for 2nd class (Think Monk, and Snap prereqs)
- HP/SP Increase

The extra stat points, and avoiding the stat wheel are just extras on the top to perfectly fine-tune your character.

Main Reason for Non Trans -> 3rd:
- Your rushing your character, and already want 3rd class.  (Not enough playtime, don't care to grind, idk)
There's no other reason for not going trans first.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:17:59 PM by Realus »

Offline Frost

• Trigger Happy
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 07:26:28 PM »
Leveling trans is a lot easier post-renewal too. [not counting extreme leveling methods]
Goodbye Ragnarok Online. Hello Diablo 3 Dota 2!.

Offline Atum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
Quote from: Yralyn;395527
The extra HP and SP isn't *that* much of an advantage considering that they threw out VIT in increasing potion efficiency (maybe those +% HP recovery cards finally have a use?)
They didnt disable vit increasing potion healing.
However since you got about double the hp with 50 more levels and 20 more vit and while vit can be increased only by 20 (which means potions heal 40% more) you have much less potionhealing compared to max hp compared to current RO.

Offline Kyuur

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »
So... all the 3-1 classes are implemented. Hope that they focus on bugfixing / balancing and adding MVPs and all that fun stuff instead of 3-2s right away. =]

Offline Devil-Cry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »
And now, for a short commercial break!

.....Thoughts on Sura Balancing................................................................................Thoughts on Mechanic Balancing.....

Offline Xxelos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »
Quote from: Kyuur;395763
So... all the 3-1 classes are implemented. Hope that they focus on bugfixing / balancing and adding MVPs and all that fun stuff instead of 3-2s right away. =]

Go die in a fire. I want 3-2 NOW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
9X Stalker, 9X Paladin, 9X High Priest, 9X Champ

Offline Kyuur

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 10:45:35 PM »
Quote from: Xxelos;395834
Quote from: Kyuur;395763

Go die in a fire. I want 3-2 NOW

=[ OK. -jumps into fire-

But seriously, there's a bunch of stuff that needs fixing! I guess they could do that after 3-2 as well, but that'd be another half a year probably.

Offline Xxelos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
Yeah, but it might be better to do the final balancing with the bug fixes. Granted it might lead to a few things slipping under the radar, but would be faster in the end I think. I dunno... I'm biased, I have 7 2-2s and 2 2-1s, and 2 of the 2-2s are what I consider my "mains" so I want them now... ToT
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
9X Stalker, 9X Paladin, 9X High Priest, 9X Champ