Author Topic: Muramasa (Agi Crit) Knight  (Read 23192 times)

Offline Chsal

• View Profile
Muramasa (Agi Crit) Knight
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:27:29 AM »
So... I'm thinking of making a muraknight when I transcend (currently I'm a normal agi knight, its awesome) but then I find there is about a grand total of 2 or so muraknight guides (in english relevant to iro valkyrie). So I'm wondering if its simply because:
A) iRO has a muraknight population of about 10
or
B) Muraknights suck too much so people don't bother with a guide X.x...

Anyway, if possible, tell me whether you think its viable to make, and if so tell me what equips and cards I should get (other than the obvious one, muramasa).

Thanks in advance :)

Offline Jaffer

• View Profile
Re: Muramasa (Agi Crit) Knight
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 02:44:01 AM »
I know of one Mura Knight, and she's on Iris.
She's also been 95 for like, 4 years.

I wouldn't really suggest it, since you'd be better off using a carded weapon and getting luck for natural crits (yes, ew.)  Or, you can go full STR/AGI and use a Vanberk Card to give you 5 seconds of +100 Crit, which is all sorts of fun.

Regardless of what you do, I wouldn't go Crit or Mura as a main build focus.  The iRO population is probably 1, maybe 2.

Offline .LonBerk.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 03:34:34 AM »
For reference :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXiDSvCSr4

It seems quite fun but not so fast...
~ fRO Chaos ~
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline azor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 06:19:17 AM »
i have a 97 mura knight.  theres up's and down's to them.  only good for pvm, woe not so much cause agi down makes u useless.  There hard to lvl since your basing your build on the weapon.  Carded weapons make it alot easier to lvl.  The fact you need to put so much luck in will hinder your abilty to have agi/str.  My final str on my knight is going to be 60 with no buffs, and im decked out in crit gears.  As for a fun char to use id say go for it, just not as a main pvm/pvp build.

When i trans ill be going mura LK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline MistressTifa

• Pink Lollipop (not Spoon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 09:33:21 AM »
I've seen a mura LK, looks pretty fun but I'm not a total fan of the curse effect so you have to push your stats to either 100 vit or 100 luk which is a killer.

Quote from: .LonBerk.;516505
For reference :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXiDSvCSr4

It seems quite fun but not so fast...

well look at her stats for one, 20 str, and 14 vit, 18 int.  Sounds weird to begin with.

if I was to make a Mura LK it's somethin like this (base value)

75 str, 81 agi, 92 vit, 15 dex

grants enough str, 190 ASPD with 2HQ, and 22k HP with BG Medal, Glorious Ring and optimal gears
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:42:20 AM by MistressTifa »

Main Male Account / Main Female Account
Testing Out Again
Spoiler: show
ギルド[Memoria~]のギルドマスター[iROから今日は!]によって、神器アイテム[メギンギョルド]が誕生しました。

ギルド[コンセプト]のギルドマスター[ーShoー]によって、神器アイテム[メギンギョルド]が誕生しました。

[Megingjard] has been bestowed to [Late Nite Sho], the master of the [Concept] guild.

jRO Lisa - / iRO Ymir -  /iRO Valk - / iRO Classic.Loki -

Offline Chsal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 09:46:03 PM »
I see, so then I guess a normal agicrit knight with carded katanas or so would be a better choice? And yea I do happen to know agi knights fail at WoE but then again, if I wanted to go WoE that much I would go make a... I dunno... WoE build hunter or whatever is the top class. MvP is fun too xD.

Btw thanks guys for replying.

Offline Hrishi

• Sliver
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 04:30:19 AM »
You could try platinum shotel and get a shield and link too. Adds +50 CRIT as well has a card slot!

Offline Saladin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 07:22:09 AM »
Quote from: Drazorn;517339
You could try platinum shotel and get a shield and link too. Adds +50 CRIT as well has a card slot!

You'll need a SL slave if you choose to do this

Offline Chsal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 05:13:52 PM »
I see... so a normal agicrit knight is better than a muraknight in terms of MvP? Both with reasonable equips of course. Actually, does muraknight have any advantages at all? Seeing how nobody really bothers to make them. Also, should I bother getting Morrigane's set? Or is there something else I should aim for?

Oh BTW, I was wondering, in the iRO Wiki LK page, http://irowiki.org/wiki/Lord_Knight , under Muramasa build, the description is

"This is a special build that relies on the usage of the weapon called Muramasa. Because the Muramasa curses the wielder randomly, if the player has one more point of total LUK than their baselevel, the curse effect can be negated. Although this build is not too common on iRO, it is such on kRO and certain other servers. An alternative to use Muramasa would be to use Holy Waters when one gets cursed instead of using this build."

So its at least common on kRO. So, there must be a reason for it to be used right? Anybody know the reason?

Thanks in advance... Again xD

Offline MistressTifa

• Pink Lollipop (not Spoon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
you need more LUK then VIT when it does the same thing.

Only difference is with 100 total LUK, your Crit rate is high and Status Immunity
100 total VIT, your HP is high and status Immunity

ive seen Mura Knights before, but usually they end up only lvlin to 95 and then join a labs party from there (or just Thors leech from 89)

Main Male Account / Main Female Account
Testing Out Again
Spoiler: show
ギルド[Memoria~]のギルドマスター[iROから今日は!]によって、神器アイテム[メギンギョルド]が誕生しました。

ギルド[コンセプト]のギルドマスター[ーShoー]によって、神器アイテム[メギンギョルド]が誕生しました。

[Megingjard] has been bestowed to [Late Nite Sho], the master of the [Concept] guild.

jRO Lisa - / iRO Ymir -  /iRO Valk - / iRO Classic.Loki -

Offline Chsal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »
xD Or I could use my priest and make about 9999999999999 holy waters to last me 99 levels xD.

Offline Triper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »
Just think the mura as a rudra but for crits. Is fun and looks like a ubber weapon, after you see someone with a carded weapon you start to think again...

If you want fun, go for it, i love my mura knight and the lots of holy waters i use xD

Offline Tondo Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 09:32:54 PM »
I have a mura knight, and the fun only last for 30minutes coz after that.. it basically suck.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
StrictlyBusiness
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MY VEND LINKS:

VEND #1
http://ragial.com/view/2V2012957

VEND #2
http://ragial.com/view/2V2103272

Offline Chronicle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 10:47:18 PM »
2handed swords suck.  You get owned by dec agi and quag.  You become a squishy class with out a shield.  Parry doesn't work against a lot of skills and magic.  There are many gears out that raise aspd now where it is utterly pointless to go 2hand sword.

Offline Chsal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 02:51:32 AM »
Quote from: Chronicle;518594
2handed swords suck. You get owned by dec agi and quag. You become a squishy class with out a shield. Parry doesn't work against a lot of skills and magic. There are many gears out that raise aspd now where it is utterly pointless to go 2hand sword.

Err... yea I sorta pointed out that I knew a few posts back that agi knights suck at PvP? And yea I've heard from my friend you can hit 190aspd with 1 agi... Though I have no idea how (and query the truthfulness of this). Also I really doubt it's useless to go 2hand. Esp. with renewal coming out, (Clashing Spiral can be used by 2hand, then combine that with that really heavy sword (forgot name)) and others. Anyway, as long as Gravity remembers to give everyone a stat/skill reallocation, all good :)

But ok so muraknights sucks compared to a agicrit+carded sword... Still wondering about why muraknights are common in kRO though... Any ideas?