Author Topic: [Pre-Renewal] The "Help me with my build" Thread; Rogue/Stalker Edition  (Read 77876 times)

Offline Mr. Bato

• is a smelly MoFo.
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://www.demiseguild.net
You know the drill.
Batouchu - 9X stalker  - Boowie - 8X HP  -  Balarn - 8X Paladin  -  Monotony - 9X Bard  -  Serinne - 9X Biochemist - Vaeris - 9X Blacksmith

Offline Ko-No-Hana

• View Profile
Re: The "Help me with my build" Thread; Rogue/Stalker Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 05:25:14 PM »
I don't really play anything besides my HP, but I kind of wanted to lvl my rogue a little as something different. However, I have no clue where to start ! My build is probably horrible from whatever I picked so here goes.

A bow rogue, lvl 63 with relatively good gears

Agi-58
Vit-21
Int-10
Dex-60

So go crazy!

Offline Sho Lin

• (ಠ_ಠ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 08:18:56 PM »
I have no idea what vit to get 80 or 70 on a full stripper. All i'm worried about is lex ad.

48+28str
37+13int
99+22dex
76+4vit

or

60+28str
37+13int
99+22dex
66+4vit
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:25:31 PM by Sho Lin »
Bitches love cannons

Offline Inferno Nightblade

• Horseshoe Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
Honestly, from a WoE perspective...I kind of like vit a lot, so I'd suggest the 80 vit build.  People fret about AB, but having more HP to survive other skills such as EDP SB and Clashing (and maybe even some Asuras) is an asset.

You're either going to die to lexed AB or not die.  (Probably the former without a valk shield, probably the latter with.)  I don't really think that - at vit that high - it'll make much of a difference.

On the other hand, returns do tend to diminish a bit.  You'll likely use condensed whites, which heal for a lot anyway.  (Ranked ones, anyway.)  The 60 strength build allows you to carry 36 more slim whites before going overweight.  And AB will do more damage, obviously.
[SIGPIC]It took a while for them to drop.[/SIGPIC]

Captain of the Shirtless Squad:  Making The Situation envious on iRO Yggdrasil since 10/7/10.

Offline nyamo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 08:47:43 AM »
hmmmm i'm debating what to do if i rebirth my stalker.  Only thing i know is that i will definetly go dex route (i hate melee'ing).

so my question is.....  how much int is recommended nowadays?  do note that the stats r based on 97/67 naked stalker.

temp stat i'm thinking of is

36+4 vit
91+3 int
98+12 dex

str, agi, luk is at 1 base.

If i went with this build, wouldn't it b hard as hell to lvl?  Should i get more int to try and become a wiz wannabe?  I heard GC is also a pretty good way of lvl'ing as well (is that true?).  Or should i get less int and try getting more vit?  I'm not totally sure.  I kinda want to try and balance a build where i can still lvl at a half decent rate as well...
IGN

Konoka-Chan
Kikuchi-Chan
Kikochi-Chan

Offline Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 11:01:27 AM »
That build shouldn't be too hard to level; just wear your Bazerald and level it like a Wiz. Stalker GC is incredible damage with a Rudra Bow and a viable way to level, but the reflected damage will kill you without an AR armor. With that said, I wouldn't go caster stalker unless you're 100% sure that is what you want. DEX/VIT will perform better in WoE and level just as fast with intimidated Bowling Bash.

Offline nyamo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 11:33:49 AM »
ah nuts.. i forgot about the feedback...  How does the feedback hit of GC works?  I know it does like 20% of your max hp then what?  There's no way to survive GC without AR?

at first i was thinking of going dex, vit, int build (99 dex, 70 vit, rest into int).  I opted not to because i don't like lvl'ing with bowling bash at all and the thought of ds'ing everything is uh.. ewwwww.  Thing is, with that build (it's like 80int total) i'd b stuck as i wouldn't really be a caster stalker either..

so now i'm not sure...
IGN

Konoka-Chan
Kikuchi-Chan
Kikochi-Chan

Offline Inferno Nightblade

• Horseshoe Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »
It returns half of your damage onto you, I believe, as holy damage.  (Since crusaders get level 10 Faith by default, this is reduced to 1/4 feedback.)  So, yeah, you'll do quite a bit of damage on yourself.

Anyway, I'd say to get a bit of strength (like 10 points - that's just my opinion), and I also feel that your vit may be a bit low.  On the other hand, your int is really sexy, so yeah.

As mentioned, you can wear a bazerald if you choose to use magic skills, and Rudra's Bow for Grand Cross.  GC is generally not a good idea to use if you don't have AR, though, for the reasons specified (you'll receive twice as much damage as a crusader would.

BB is actually really good as a stalker, once you get the hang of it.  Generally, you don't level on that many maps anyway, and it's fairly easy to pick up on good spots once you do it for a while.  (I abuse /where quite a bit.)  I wouldn't knock it just yet.
[SIGPIC]It took a while for them to drop.[/SIGPIC]

Captain of the Shirtless Squad:  Making The Situation envious on iRO Yggdrasil since 10/7/10.

Offline nyamo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 04:28:10 AM »
i couldn't stand bb'ing as a rogue with agi, so i doubt i'll like as a stalker with no agi.  Of course, might be different with preserve *shrugs.

hmm.. now i'm definetly not sure what to do... ugh... thing i'm worried about though is that b'ing a caster stalker, i need support..   I generally always solo (too damn lazy to look for support)
IGN

Konoka-Chan
Kikuchi-Chan
Kikochi-Chan

Offline hawk999

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 04:07:39 PM »
lvl 99  stalker (future build. used starry's calc)

str 1+35
agi 1+ 12
vit 50+4
int 87 +16
dex 99 +36
luck 1+6

with +3 food buff on dex and int

Offline hawk999

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »
hmm cant edit my own post? weird... anywayz is it possible to spell lock someone with that much dex?

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »
Quote from: hawk999;15259
lvl 99  stalker (future build. used starry's calc)

str 1+35
agi 1+ 12
vit 50+4
int 87 +16
dex 99 +36
luck 1+6

with +3 food buff on dex and int

id suggest getting a bit more vit and dropping int a bit, that 10 extra vit + valk armor helps a ton when trying to avoid getting stunned. as for the int/dex food i wouldnt bother with that... better to just use valk armor + nimbles to hit 130 dex if that is what you are going for.

Quote from: hawk999;15262
hmm cant edit my own post? weird... anywayz is it possible to spell lock someone with that much dex?

You will still have the small cast delay + after cast delay. In strings it would be easy to stun lock someone like that, but you are better off using other skills than trying to slow someone down with that.
2SS/RS Camaro Black/Black   Status: Garage Princess

Offline Xyre

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 09:29:40 PM »
How useful is sword mastery? I'm making a pretty much pure pvm rogue (intimidate10, gank10) so the choice is between sword mastery 6 or backstab 10. Neither really seems all that useful to me, but one's gotta be better than the other.

main account // second account // male account
Thanks to Love for the art!!

Offline Pantsu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
I would drop points in gank. Gank 4 goes off alot anyway and if you are using skills you're not going to be ganking anyway.
You can call me Brian Boitano.

Offline Arjunan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 12:25:59 PM »
I'm planning on a Dagger/Stripper build

STR: 96+24 = 120 (without Stealth & Buffs)
AGI: 67+13 = 80 (Need some flee for soloing)
DEX: 48+12 = 60 (Now will this suck in Stripping?)
VIT: 49+4 = 53 (Close to 10K HP)
INT: 18+3 = 21 (Max SP 839)
LUK: 1+6 = 7 (duh)

From the research i did & feedback i got, people want me do add more DEX. Considering Each DEX difference between the Me & Stripped is gonna add only 0.2 success rate, is it really so important for my dagger build.

I need decent AGI to be able to solo well, but I love to WoE & is one of the main reasons i play this game. So throw in your thoughts /no1