Author Topic: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn: officially open and discussion thread  (Read 120825 times)

Offline -ray

• View Profile
Re: FFXIV
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 08:55:04 AM »
I was a SAM when it first came out. NO ONE wants to party you thinking they're useless.. but whenever I parse my damage it's equivalent to DRK, and have enabled us to do more chaining.

I pretty much quit ff11 when ps2/xbox version came.. I always wondered, how was the graphics on PS2? I always considered ps2 to have shitty hardware to support ff11..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:56:13 AM by -ray »
got fist?! Champ 99/70
got bolt?! Int Scholar 99/70
x R e i SinX 99/70
- R e i Hwiz 99/70
. R e i LK 99/70
~ R a y HP 99/70
Can\'t Live Minstrel 99/70
I\'m Nothing Minstrel 99/70
R e i ! Bio 99/6x

Offline angelus11

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 12:08:46 PM »
Well at that time when i played it on ps2 maybe 5 years ago? i thought they were good but that was only because I had a comp that didn't support T&L XD

Offline Shao

• Songs of Symmetry
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »
Quote from: -ray;701256
I was a SAM when it first came out. NO ONE wants to party you thinking they're useless.. but whenever I parse my damage it's equivalent to DRK, and have enabled us to do more chaining.

I pretty much quit ff11 when ps2/xbox version came.. I always wondered, how was the graphics on PS2? I always considered ps2 to have shitty hardware to support ff11..

yeah, not too long after you quit then, there was an update that nerfed rng and upped 2handers. DRK & SAM became best damage dealers in the game, hands down, for dd. BLM ofc could do lots of damage when the new merits came out for like Burst II, but BLM pulling hate in a HNM situation was absolutely no-no, and so they usually kept their damage in check.. mostly they were useful on aspid anyways and less wanted elsewhere... (cept dyna/limbus to sleep lawl)

we had a joke on ff11 about "PS2 limitations." this is EXACTLY as it sounds. the PS2 hardware could not keep up with the the computer leaps and bounds (as is with any console--computers will always be getting better while the console hardware cannot be upgraded). by the time wotg was slated to come out, it was realized quite well that things had to be toned down, or just axed completely, because the PS2 couldn't handle such a load... graphics were quite "bad" too on the PS2 when you saw FFXI play on a new computer back in 08 (that's when I made my new computer, and FFXI was beauuutiful).

I think the 360 had an easier time with ff11 than the ps2 cos obviously it was newer and meant to play games at higher res, etc.

Offline Battery

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 11:18:26 AM »
lol @ mmo's on consoles :(

applied for beta, didn't particularly get on well with XI so not sure what to expect with XIV. going to try it regardless beta or when its actually released.

Offline zyh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 12:14:07 PM »
I had a 60 PLD, but when I found out I'd be tanking some end game bosses for 5+ hours I decided to quit.

Shame really, I loved that game.
Sting`- Retired
Kigo Seji - Retired

Classic:
Israph - Assassin
Israph`- Knight

Offline Shao

• Songs of Symmetry
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »

SE.. orz

Offline angelus11

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »
oh did you get in the beta? i haven't heard back yet so i figure i am declined ;_;

Offline Shao

• Songs of Symmetry
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 11:03:21 PM »
Quote from: angelus11;709801
oh did you get in the beta? i haven't heard back yet so i figure i am declined ;_;

they will go back and invite more people at various points

I did not but I know people that are in the alpha (that's not running yet)

Offline Shao

• Songs of Symmetry
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »
FF14's Director Hiromichi Tanaka spoke to the Japanese Press about the  technology behind Final Fantasy XIV and the plans for a beta - and we've  got it all translated right here.

As always, we've slimmed the important bits into easy to digest lists.

Technology Information

* FF14 is being developed for PC first and then ported to consoles -  the opposite of FF11, which was made for PS2.

* Fans can expect support for systems with multiple cores and 64-bit  machines, unlike FF11.

* FF14 is designed with today's higher end machines in mind.

* The team is working on seperate graphics for the PS3 and PC versions.

* The PS3 version will likely run in 720p - the PC version will depend  on the settings and hardware the user has.                      
oo hot

the alpha PC reqs to be even included in the alpha drawing was:

I have all those reqs and surpass some, so Idk .. that may also be an upper end, cos if that's the reqs to play FF14 they may have an issue getting some gamers to play. :x

no other news about alpha/beta testing yet..

but more screenshots are coming out, and more general info about the game

ugh, srsly YOU GUYS SURE THIS ISNT FF11 COS THIS LOOKS LIKE NORG

and that one cave thing in ToAU areas, aydeewa

and aydeewa for comparison purposes.. sure looks prettier in ff14, but still feels the same. ):

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
    • http://www.healplz.com
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 11:54:32 PM »
If those are the max settings, I'll be very disappointed!

That is pretty standard as minimum these days.
Useful RO Tools [Dev Blog]

LOTRO: [Player Profile]
RO: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
Steam: [TF2] [3FL] [L4D] [L4D2]

Offline Lilly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 02:25:32 AM »
Did/does FF11 have different servers for the ps2/PC versions?

I signed up for testing for the PS3 version cause my laptop doesn't likely support the PC version.
[SIGPIC]http://forums.irowiki.org/signaturepics/sigpic1000_1.gif[/SIGPIC]
iRO Loki Ymir
[Lilly / Spear Royal Guard] [Aeria Gloris / Agi-Battle Biochemist--Lithium / Lif2 Homunculus]
[Honey / Battle Scholar] [Maysigh / Battle High Priestess] [Roseberry / Sword Rogue] [Leona - Baby Dancer]

Offline Shao

• Songs of Symmetry
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20:39 AM »
for beta, I don't know. in actual gameplay, all mediums eventually wee put into the same server. I thiiiink when 360 came out they started on a separate server as a test first and then they were thrown into the real servers.

Offline Arwen

• View Profile
    • http://papertriangle.net
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 08:47:26 AM »
lol..hahaha I had the same thought about the screen shot that looks like Norg.
  Ragnarok Online; Sakray; Chaos || World of Warcraft; US; Moonrunner; Kil\'Jaeden
Diablo III || Final Fantasy XI; Caith Sith; Carbuncle || Granado Espada; Bach
Final Fantasy XIV (1.0); Excalibur || A Realm Reborn (2.0); Excalibur

Offline angelus11

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 11:19:22 AM »
Hmm requirements are much lower than i expected...but idk how anyone can play a mmo with only 2 gb of ram ><

Man just funny to reminisce, when i was at a EB games when ff11 came out in liek 2004 i think, i was blown away with the requirements 512mb of ram! and hardware T&L so i bought it for ps2 because my 2002 tatung computer couldnt handle it
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:29:06 AM by angelus11 »

Offline Shao

• Songs of Symmetry
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 11:34:57 AM »
Quote from: angelus11;711412
Hmm requirements are much lower than i expected...but idk how anyone can play a mmo with only 2 gb of ram ><

Man just funny to reminisce, when i was at a EB games when ff11 came out in liek 2004 i think, i was blown away with the requirements 512mb of ram! and hardware T&L so i bought it for ps2 because my 2002 tatung computer couldnt handle it

those reqs are fairly high imo.. just because a lot of that has only just now become standard.. it's already better than a ps3 though, but that doesn't matter anymore since they will develop the computer ff14 first and then specialize for ps3 pretty much. no ps3 limitations HOORAY~!