FF14's Director Hiromichi Tanaka spoke to the Japanese Press about the technology behind Final Fantasy XIV and the plans for a beta - and we've got it all translated right here.
As always, we've slimmed the important bits into easy to digest lists.
* FF14 is being developed for PC first and then ported to consoles - the opposite of FF11, which was made for PS2.
* Fans can expect support for systems with multiple cores and 64-bit machines, unlike FF11.
* FF14 is designed with today's higher end machines in mind.
* The team is working on seperate graphics for the PS3 and PC versions.
* The PS3 version will likely run in 720p - the PC version will depend on the settings and hardware the user has.
the alpha PC reqs to be even included in the alpha drawing was:
I have all those reqs and surpass some, so Idk .. that may also be an upper end, cos if that's the reqs to play FF14 they may have an issue getting some gamers to play. :x
no other news about alpha/beta testing yet..
but more screenshots are coming out, and more general info about the game
ugh, srsly YOU GUYS SURE THIS ISNT FF11 COS THIS LOOKS LIKE NORG
and that one cave thing in ToAU areas, aydeewa
and aydeewa for comparison purposes.. sure looks prettier in ff14, but still feels the same. ):