Author Topic: Rampage AI Lite  (Read 33689 times)

Offline retsuya

• View Profile
Re: Rampage AI Lite
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 02:48:14 AM »
nah. its not. i tried downloading it on my laptop that runs on xp. i managed to download it. somethings wrong with vista.

Offline Frost

• Trigger Happy
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 12:40:22 PM »
I can't believe I only recently found out about this AI. Tried it out and it's very fluid! The Homunculus responds very quickly and responsively, and I find the movement prediction system working flawlessly! Your AI beats most of the other AIs out there. Great Job!!

But I have this little perk problem with the new ai though. Sometimes when you write something down incorrectly (example; forgot to put in a comma), the AI errors out, rebuilds itself and POOF!! everything is gone! D: I learnt this the hard way as I did not backup a copy of RAIL_state beforehand and I had to set all the ActorOptions.ByType settings all over again.

BTW, I hope to see a GUI soon! I also hope you'll support/integrate PvP/WoE functions!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:27:50 AM by Frost »
Goodbye Ragnarok Online. Hello Diablo 3 Dota 2!.

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 10:25:59 PM »
Quote from: Frost;846325
I can't believe I only recently found out about this AI. Tried it out and it's very fluid! The Homunculus responds very quickly and responsively, and I find the movement prediction system working flawlessly! Your AI beats most of the other AIs out there. Great Job!!

Glad you like it. I do have a question: Which AI(s) doesn't it beat? :!:

Quote from: Frost;846325
But I have this little perk with the new ai though. Sometimes when you write something down incorrectly (example; forgot to put in a comma), the AI errors out, rebuilds itself and POOF!! everything is gone! D: I learnt this the hard way as I did not backup a copy of RAIL_state beforehand and I had to set all the ActorOptions.ByType settings all over again.

BTW, I hope to see a GUI soon! I also hope you'll support/integrate PvP/WoE functions!!

That "perk" is the reason I'm writing a GUI for it. The GUI won't misconfigure and shouldn't have a problem with the state file being rewritten. I've got the general layout of the GUI setup, and am just working on the logic behind it now... Shouldn't be long, but I'm not entirely free to work on it as I want~ Too much life going on. :)

Offline Frost

• Trigger Happy
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 09:33:48 AM »
lol @ "perk". What was I smoking.

Thanks for your response! I hope you finish your GUI and the wiki soon! I saw a lot of functions worth trying in the RAIL wiki, but I have no idea how to adjust them and how they work. D:

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 01:06:13 AM »
Quote from: Frost;851839
lol @ "perk". What was I smoking.

Thanks for your response! I hope you finish your GUI and the wiki soon! I saw a lot of functions worth trying in the RAIL wiki, but I have no idea how to adjust them and how they work. D:

I don't know what "finish" means. :rolleyes: Even after all features are in, and all documentation is written, there will always be bugs to fix and clarifications to be made... LOL. :sob:

In any case, what did you find interesting in the Wiki? If it wasn't clear enough for you to understand how to adjust, then I have more work to do. Maintaining documentation is almost as much work as a GUI. :an:

Offline Frost

• Trigger Happy
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »
Finish as in released to the public. :p
I also posted some issues in your issues page under the name HyperFrost about allowing the homunculus to return to the owner while idle or under attack from an unknown source.
And as someone else already posted, the 'following owner' could use some improvement. This seems like RAIL's biggest weakness compared to other AIs.

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 12:55:38 AM »
Quote from: Frost;855784
Finish as in released to the public. :p
I also posted some issues in your issues page under the name HyperFrost about allowing the homunculus to return to the owner while idle or under attack from an unknown source.
And as someone else already posted, the 'following owner' could use some improvement. This seems like RAIL's biggest weakness compared to other AIs.

I saw your posts, and figured HyperFrost was close enough to Frost that it was probably you. :P I haven't had a chance yet to get to them, I took a trip to Shanghai this weekend for the World Expo~ :cool: :D

Even though I didn't get a chance, I noticed that another user has already replied to one of your reports. (I'm always pleased when I see others helping to support the script. I guess that means it's worthwhile-enough to use, hm?) As that user posted, the "return when idle" feature is already a part of RAIL, but I haven't added documentation to the wiki yet...

In any case, I know the owner-follow code has problems. It's been difficult for me to fix because I'm in China: iRO blocks connections from China, so I basically have to use a VPN to connect. You can imagine the lag problems that I face when doing this, and I never found a free (to play and to download) official server with less lag than VPNing to iRO. In about a month, I'll return to the US, and should be able to better address the "follow owner" code then.

Offline Frost

• Trigger Happy
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 06:46:47 AM »
BTW, how do I have my homun prioritize whatever its doing rather than defending its owner?

Examples:
Currently: The homunculus will stop attacking Zenorcs and come defend me if a Drainliar attacks me.
What I would like: Have the homunculus finish attacking the Zenorc and any other monster(s) that is attacking it first BEFORE coming to defend me.

I tried

rail_state["AssistOptions"]["Other"] = "indifferent"
rail_state["AssistOptions"]["Owner"] = "avoid"
rail_state["AssistOptions"]["Friend"] = "indifferent"

But doesn't seem to make any difference. Anything else not described in the documentation I have no idea how to use it.

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 11:37:49 PM »
Quote from: Frost;858190
BTW, how do I have my homun prioritize whatever its doing rather than defending its owner?

Examples:
Currently: The homunculus will stop attacking Zenorcs and come defend me if a Drainliar attacks me.
What I would like: Have the homunculus finish attacking the Zenorc and any other monster(s) that is attacking it first BEFORE coming to defend me.

I tried

rail_state["AssistOptions"]["Other"] = "indifferent"
rail_state["AssistOptions"]["Owner"] = "avoid"
rail_state["AssistOptions"]["Friend"] = "indifferent"

But doesn't seem to make any difference. Anything else not described in the documentation I have no idea how to use it.

The "AssistOptions" group only refers to monsters that you (or friend/other) are attacking, not what's attacking you. That is, it will assist to kill faster. What you want to look at instead is "DefendOptions". You've got a couple options here.

• You can turn off defense entirely:

rail_state["DefendOptions"]["DefendWhileAggro"] = false

Turning off defense entirely will prevent RAIL from prioritizing protection while aggressive. It will eventually get to the monsters attacking you when all higher-priority monsters on the screen are dead. This includes monsters that haven't been aggroed yet.

• You can change the threshold before RAIL will defend you:

rail_state["DefendOptions"]["OwnerThreshold"] = 3

Raising the OwnerThreshold is a safer method, but trickier to get setup right. Currently the various thresholds refer to the number of monsters attacking. Eventually, I'll add an option that will allow this to be changed to the total sum of the monster's priority. That'll come later, so I'll just try to briefly explain as it is now.

Basically, when the number of monsters attacking a person (grouped under "Owner", "Friend" or "Self") exceeds the threshold specified, that group of monsters will be prioritized above all others. Whichever threshold is highest takes the first priority, so with the defaults (owner = 1, self = 5) RAIL will prioritize defense of the owner until there are at least 5 monsters attacking the homunculus/mercenary. When that happens it will prioritize defending itself until it's own attacker count drops below 5.

If both owner and self are set at threshold of 3, for example, it won't prioritize defense until there are 3 or more attackers. After reaching 3, whichever person (owner or homu/merc) has the most will be defended. With both thresholds set to 3, 7 monsters on the homu and 4 on the alchemist, RAIL will kill monsters attacking the homu until it reaches 4, and then defend one at a time from each until both drop below 3 attackers.

Note that when the group of attackers gets prioritized, they still maintain priority levels inside that group. Also, setting threshold to 0 will disable defense for a specific group (owner, self, friend).

To get what I think is your desired behavior, set OwnerThreshold to 0 and SelfThreshold to 1. Then, it won't defend you until all monsters attacking it are dead regardless of the number attacking you.
[/list]

Offline Frost

• Trigger Happy
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 03:24:28 AM »
Ah, I get it now. Thank you :)

Offline Couky

• View Profile
    • http://nekosoft.deviantart.com/
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
Okay. With the most recent update (revision 168), I've implemented both  Healing Hands and a bit of logic for MC. Healing Hands will  automatically try to heal the alchemist/biochemist when HP drops below  50% (this is configurable). It will only start trying to heal after 3  seconds of being idle (again, configurable).

Urgent Escape will be activated if the alchemist moves, or if the lif  starts chasing a monster. MC will be activated if the lif starts  attacking or chasing a monster. By default, MC takes priority over UE.

Hopefully the default values will work intuitively. If you teleport into  a mob, MC should activate right away. If you teleport to an empty room,  Healing Hands should bring you up to 50% hp. And if you're running  around town, UE should keep you moving faster than the pack.

And, of course, it can all be configured differently in the state-file  if the defaults don't suffice. (This includes the conditions for cast,  but I haven't written any documentation on that yet...)
Thank you very much, it works very well :D

Offline Rokurei

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 06:23:00 AM »
Hey, I can't seem to find my RAIL_State .lua configuration files, I'm on Windows 7 x64 .

They should default to my Ragnarok directory, but they haven't shown up.

The rest of the UI works fine, my main goal is to get my Vani...whatever, to just use bolts(Caprice) and stop the auto attacks, I assume that would be accomplished  by editing something in the RAIL_State configuration files your website mentions.

Offline EternuL

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »
is there any option to enable dance atk to by pass aspd delay?
nvm that question, i saw its not able to yet.

but i have another question, how do i configure priority of monsters?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:34:14 AM by EternuL »

Offline faithful

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2010, 08:04:54 PM »
Quote from: Rokurei;890504
Hey, I can't seem to find my RAIL_State .lua configuration files, I'm on Windows 7 x64 .

They should default to my Ragnarok directory, but they haven't shown up.

The rest of the UI works fine, my main goal is to get my Vani...whatever, to just use bolts(Caprice) and stop the auto attacks, I assume that would be accomplished  by editing something in the RAIL_State configuration files your website mentions.

I haven't tested on Windows 7 x64, as I only have Windows Vista x64 and Windows 7 x32 right now. Is your Ragnarok directory installed in C:\Program Files (x32)\? If it is, try installing it to a different directory. Otherwise, can you tell me more about your installation?

Quote from: EternuL;898559
is there any option to enable dance atk to by pass aspd delay?
nvm that question, i saw its not able to yet.

but i have another question, how do i configure priority of monsters?

Here are a few links to the RAIL website documentation, which explain what you'll need to do. If you don't understand it, tell me what part isn't clear and I'll try to clarify it.

Offline EternuL

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »
hey faithful, i know you're super busy with everything you've got on your table, but i was wondering if adding the dance atk to bypass aspd delay wasn't too hard, if you can do it asap. Cause I can sure make good use of it. I'm loving your ai so far atm of course. just wish my lif can atk faster than its super slow aspd.

also another question with the priority,
I don't understand how I'm supposed to write the priority of monsters I want my lif to atk first.
I used to use the old rampage and you had examples of how to write the command with mob id and priority number...
For example, I want to set zen orc have a priority of 0 (being most important) and then everything else 1, 2, 3 etc.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:31:12 PM by EternuL »