Author Topic: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica  (Read 26965 times)

Offline Asnee

• View Profile
Re: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »
Episode 7 was good.

Spoiler: show
Sayaka's gone off the deep end? Kind of saw someone stealing violin boy coming, though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Asnee / Murdered Remake 14x AB | Kokia / Stupid 1xx Wanderer | Ranmyr / 1xx Dumb Dragon RK / Rumia 1xx Idiotbitch Warlock

Akiko Shikata is God.

WoW (Retired): 80 Enh Shaman / 80 H. Priest / 80 Mage / 7x Tree / 7x Tankadin
Everything sucked after Sunwell. Thanks for the Frost Wyrm, bye.

Offline mangotronicz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
what is this show about gsjbglbgjhvsrbhalr. watching 1st ep RIGHT NOW

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »
dunno... in appearance doesn't like that deep mostly cuz it is mahou shoujo (sailor moon comes to my mind) but it seems the argument is pretty good or too dark perhaps?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"This is a new world...   our new reality"

-------------------------------------
Shiroe. Lv.151 Warlock ~Villain in Glasses~
Check out my WoE videos!!!
[/B][/COLOR]

Offline mangotronicz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »
just saw the 1st ep. pretty wierd stuff. i just cant get over the fact that the chars are moe blobs... its so girly. with transformations and everything..

Offline Reverie

• Hermit
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
Yeah most of the ones of this genre have that. The difference with this one is a bit darker of a story. It's due to that that I end up looking forward to the next episode instead of brushing it off as something to pass the time.

Offline Doddler

• The Oracle
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 11:25:12 PM »
It's an impressive all-star team they have going here, and they're delivering quite well.

Director: Akiyuki Shinbo, famous for his unique art style working at SHAFT with titles like Bakemonogatari.  (Amusingly Sinbo also directed the first Nanoha TV series, which was also a popular otaku-focused magic girl show that tried to be a bit different by specifically targeting an older, largely male audience).
Music: Yuki Kajiura, who did music for Noir, .Hack, and Portrait of Cosette (which she worked with Shinbo with).
Script: Urobochi Gen, who is well known for his mainly psychological horror eroge with studio NITRO+.  His story in Saya no Uta blew my mind, this guy is good. (You all should play Saya no Uta... just saying)
Character Design: Ume Aoki, character design for Hidamari Sketch.  This one seems to stand out, but they chose Ume because they wanted the show to have the outwards appearance of being a cute, magical girl show.  If you don't have happy/cute starting point, there won't be as much contrast.  And Shinbo loves contrast.

Actually that's an interesting point, originally they wanted to market the show as a standard 'healing' type (happy/cute/feel-good) magical girl anime and leave Gen's name off the staff list so that they would deliver an epic shock with episode 3.  That didn't work too well since the staff list got leaked anyways, but their goal is to use the 'Magical Girl' genre as a base for their show to make viewer's expectations conflict more with the psychological drama that they're going to, or if you're up to date, currently dropping.

Quote from: mangotronicz;1036898
just saw the 1st ep. pretty wierd stuff. i just cant get over the fact that the chars are moe blobs... its so girly. with transformations and everything..

Kind of replying to this above!

Quote from: mangotronicz;1036803
what is this show about

At this point it's about how wishes...
Spoiler: show
ruin lives.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:27:41 PM by Doddler »

Offline mangotronicz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 11:46:17 PM »
im midway to bakamenogatari then i watched this cuz its from shaft. wanted to watch nanoha too but i think i might die from all this kids moe shit

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 03:56:45 AM »
Quote from: mangotronicz;1036960
im midway to bakamenogatari then i watched this cuz its from shaft. wanted to watch nanoha too but i think i might die from all this kids moe shit

Dude... you should totally read the novels... after all those 15 episodes there's more =)

Bakemonogatari is one of my favorites indeed... oh btw, the singer for the opening of this show is ClariS... same as the one singing on "Ore no Imouto konna ni kawai wake janai" (mostly what I told my friends about my lil sis xD)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/B][/COLOR]

Offline mangotronicz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »
Quote from: Wizard;1037011

Dude... you should totally read the novels... after all those 15 episodes there's more =)

Bakemonogatari is one of my favorites indeed... oh btw, the singer for the opening of this show is ClariS... same as the one singing on "Ore no Imouto konna ni kawai wake janai" (mostly what I told my friends about my lil sis xD)

claris from oreimo? oreimo OP was the best during that season

Offline geddy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 11:26:27 AM »
^ look whose watching it now lol

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 12:15:28 PM »
Quote from: mangotronicz;1037131
Quote from: Wizard;1037011

claris from oreimo? oreimo OP was the best during that season

Yeah... she's pretty good singer =) so that means this show is not that bad either lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/B][/COLOR]

Offline Asnee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »
Me: *watches Oreimo* The OP is ok.
Me at work: SONNNNAAAA YASISHIKUUUUU SONNNNNNAIIII DEEE- FFF FINE I'LL DOWNLOAD IT.

*months later*

Me: *watches Madoka* The OP is pretty catchy. Must be Oreimo chick.
Me at work: MEZAMETA KOKORO HASHIRIDASHITAA I CAN'T SING THIS FAST FFFF ALSO WILL DOWNLOAD.

I jumped for joy when I saw the Kalafina ending, def my fave group outta Japan right now. I was hoping it meant Yuki Kajiura did the music, I could tell as soon as Mami's transformation scene kicked in. ^^; So utterly her. Anyone have any ideas on Madoka OST release date? I can't brave the moonspeak. u-u

CURSE MY WHITENESS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Asnee / Murdered Remake 14x AB | Kokia / Stupid 1xx Wanderer | Ranmyr / 1xx Dumb Dragon RK / Rumia 1xx Idiotbitch Warlock

Akiko Shikata is God.

Offline Draconis

• Shao owns me
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »
Quote from: Asnee;1037924
I jumped for joy when I saw the Kalafina ending, def my fave group outta Japan right now. I was hoping it meant Yuki Kajiura did the music, I could tell as soon as Mami's transformation scene kicked in. ^^; So utterly her. Anyone have any ideas on Madoka OST release date? I can't brave the moonspeak. u-u

CURSE MY WHITENESS.
Bundled with the LE of the second BD/DVD if this is to be believed, which would make it 4.27.2011 .
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:00:52 PM by Draconis »

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
Me: *watches Oreimo* The OP is ok.
Me at work: SONNNNAAAA YASISHIKUUUUU SONNNNNNAIIII DEEE- FFF FINE I'LL DOWNLOAD IT.

*months later*

Me: *watches Madoka* The OP is pretty catchy. Must be Oreimo chick.
Me at work: MEZAMETA KOKORO HASHIRIDASHITAA I CAN'T SING THIS FAST FFFF ALSO WILL DOWNLOAD.

CURSE MY WHITENESS.

Well... at least you are not walking around at work saying after u finish talking "Ne~ kikoeteru?!"

lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/B][/COLOR]

Offline Asnee

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 11:52:25 PM »
Quote from: Draconis;1038004

CURSE MY WHITENESS.
Bundled with the LE of the second BD/DVD if this is to be believed, which would make it 4.27.2011 .

My God! Meh. Someone'll pirate it my way soon enough. Thank you, btw.

And naw Haseo, I ain't that weeaboo. Hopefully. XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Akiko Shikata is God.