Author Topic: The Sage Thread - Renewal Edition  (Read 33765 times)

Offline ironguard05

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Sage/Scholar/Sorcerer Post 14.1
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 05:33:28 AM »
I have 2 disable skills the STONE CURSE at 8 and the ever trusted FROST DRIVER 10. In my current build up i have 4 to 5 skill pts to spare, kinda having a dilemma to invest INSIGNIAS. If i plan for a skill reset,my skill pts would raise to 8 if i dont invest on INSIGNIAS. What would be your comment regarding this? My bolts are at 9 except for cold bolt which is at 5. Do you think i can deal enough magical damage with all the spells with my stat below 100pts? You know how mdef is buffed up during war or what. Even though this setting is not yet applied to the Philippines, I take a lot of advices from here since this is the updated patch from the ragnaworld. And by the way, this build is for Me versus EVERYONE, PvE :P

Offline Darkitow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
I always choose between Stone Curse and Frost Diver, but I don't find those that useful for a soldier build, because we're more DPS dealers than nukers and the debuff goes anyways with the first hit. I prefer to use Fiberlock and Blinding Mist to keep people nice an quiet, if I want them to stop hitting me I just lock them and move, or Mist myself so their skills miss. Fiber Lock works too with the damage increase as Stone Curse, so that's very nice.

The problem of those two skills in PvP is that everybody carries anti DB/freeze gear. People with a fire elemental armor and Marc, and stuff for Stone Curse is not hard to get either, you can even combine those switching to a Medusa carded shield and voilĂ , inmunity to both states. For Fiberlock, there's no real way to avoid unless they have a skill to hide/move, like snap or Hiding, but if they use those, they can't attack you till they come back, where you can lock them again. xD

About the insignias, I don't really know. People think they're awesome, but I don't know where to get points from, and I've never tried them as to make a judgement. They seem to be incredibly good at MvP, as they get very high damage reductions and boosts, but as I said, I don't really have many points for them. I prefer to have three summons than getting one or two insignias, because I really, really like summons. xD

Offline ironguard05

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 03:16:08 PM »
I do have blinding mist but i ignore fiberlock, why? I am so discourage b'coz cobwebs are so scarce,even empty bottle are not so easy to find pRO GM's hinder players to acquire empty bottles. I just wonder crusader-to-be swordie must sacrifice in order to promote themselves. Back to the topic, i think insignias are good for support sorcies as they have a lot of skills to allocate. I am also intrigued the earth sorcie build b'coz it abuses the HP enchancing abilities, making it tougher and stronger. I thinks it is found on the "recommended for battle sage/sorc thread" posted by Rune. I hope others participate on this, i also want to hear other people's comments but i guess they are more of a caster type and we two are magic knights.

Offline Darkitow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »
Are they that scarce at all? I got myself more than 100 cobwebs while levelling in the map that has wolves and argos, there aren't many of them there and I was focusing on wolves but I still ended with lots of them in the time it took me to level up from 35 to 45 (not that much time).

I'd say they're actually less scarce than, for example, the magic orbs needed for summons and endows. in Mjolnir 10 map (two maps up Prontera) there are tons of argos, and they drop it at 90% chance, it should be easy to get good amounts of them even if you don't invest much time.

About insignias, as you said, I see them more of support skills, and I aim for a more offensive approach so I'm not planning on getting them. Summons have already nice supportive skills, too. :)

Offline ironguard05

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 01:40:31 AM »
Yeah hunt almost an hour on argos and they do drop is scell, green herb,and zargon! I think giant spiders on the agit dungeons do drop at uber high rate. Well then, INSIGNIAS are for SUPPORTS so now my skill build will be tweaked. Oh by the way i checked my character early morn and i got 40 STR, i will leave that up to there but will be stopped at 50 and full blast to other stats.

Offline Darkitow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 03:58:34 AM »
Huh? Well, on iRO they drop webs at 90% so that's pretty much always. o_O

Offline ironguard05

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 02:39:46 PM »
I just wonder why do GM's in our server alter the drop rate. Is roda frogs,and goats do drop empty bottles? By the way, thanks for the suggestions for tweaking my build.

Offline NOMBOT

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 12:47:30 PM »
Anyone know the real damage increase on DB using fire insignia/volcano/deluge and if they both stack additively?

Offline MuinainenKoski

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
I'm planning on making a sage/scholar/sorc and I need some build advice.

Class:   Sage/Scholar/Sorc
Goal:   Solo / Small group (2-5) PvM, MvP.
Funds:   Can muster 100~m
Gear:   Only eden gear to work with at the start. Can get some flee/agi gear from battle AB lvl 105, LoD and Encyclopedia, Dragon Set etc.
Stats:  None yet

SO yeah, planning on making a sorc as my second character. Mostly for fun and some actual hunting. High on solo play, but groups of few people are to be expected.

I am interested in a fighter(ish) build. Though I was hoping I could get something in between full caster and battle to keep my options open. Can be convinced into going caster build, but just spamming PW does not seem that interesting and from what I've been able to tell, thats pretty much what they do?

I used to have a hindsight sage back in the days, it was fun and I would not mind doing one again. Double bolter had its fun moments with instant cast, but as a prof pre-renewal it did lack firepower.

Which build is the most fun to play? The key here is fun afterall.

Also note, I do NOT do any PvP, so strictly PvP builds/skills/items do not interest me.

Offline Saishy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »
Quote from: MuinainenKoski;1233878
I'm planning on making a sage/scholar/sorc and I need some build advice.

Class:   Sage/Scholar/Sorc
Goal:   Solo / Small group (2-5) PvM, MvP.
Funds:   Can muster 100~m
Gear:   Only eden gear to work with at the start. Can get some flee/agi gear from battle AB lvl 105, LoD and Encyclopedia, Dragon Set etc.
Stats:  None yet

SO yeah, planning on making a sorc as my second character. Mostly for fun and some actual hunting. High on solo play, but groups of few people are to be expected.

I am interested in a fighter(ish) build. Though I was hoping I could get something in between full caster and battle to keep my options open. Can be convinced into going caster build, but just spamming PW does not seem that interesting and from what I've been able to tell, thats pretty much what they do?

I used to have a hindsight sage back in the days, it was fun and I would not mind doing one again. Double bolter had its fun moments with instant cast, but as a prof pre-renewal it did lack firepower.

Which build is the most fun to play? The key here is fun afterall.

Also note, I do NOT do any PvP, so strictly PvP builds/skills/items do not interest me.

You will want to do a battle sage to go from 1-99 the first time.
Grab each elemental bolt and you are good to go, grab hindsight when you are a sage and max level free cast. Get high int, high agi, any other stats as you see fit. You don't need to hit to hindsight to work, so dex is not necessary but if you have a very good hitting book or a rune knight to use enchant blade then you might grab dex to deliver some blows.
A dual spirit linker would also greatly increase your damage, but is not strict necessary.
Start leveing as a normal mage bolter, putting everything in int until you can level up normally, when you see your bolts are hitting for a good amount then put agi and when you become a sage get hindsight.

Battle sorcerers are okay for PvM, but a caster sorcerer is just great, so you might want to stick with a caster one.
You might want to check other threads here as I don't have much experience as a sorcerer.

Warning: Level Up Games! is a piece of shit and should be treated as such. Thanks for your time.

Offline Jente Lynn

• View Profile
    • http://sammie101.deviantart.com
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 05:13:56 AM »
I'm returning to Ragnarok after a year Hiatus.. I am totally lost on what I was planning with my Sorcerer but I want to turn her into a PvP Sorc. So I really need some advice on that.

Class:    Sorcerer
Goal:    PvP/WoE but mainly PvP since I think I work during WoE times =3=
Funds:    about 5 mil.
Gear:     +4 Ragamuffin Manteau, Fricca's Circlet, +4 Puente Robe, Clip of Yana, +5 Kronos    
Stats:
Dex: 100
Int: 100
Vit: 30
Agi: 2
Str & LUK 1
[ I'm assuming before I stopped playing I reset her stats =3=;;;]

Skill tree: [ atm she's only 101/3 with 2 points in Diamond Dust ]
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/sor.html?10HXoqqndorBefosrakEkArA2nbn1rAbsbn7cHcY

So really any advice would be great. It would be ideal to do most of my lvling solo since everyone I partied with has long since stopped playing ^^;;
[yggdrasil]
Priestess Jente | High Priest || ME Priest
Sparkle Fire | Sorcerer || Coming out of Retirement
Sparkle Arrow | Hunter || Back up plan
Star Lily | Biochemist || Vending/Potting Slave

Offline Barigas

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »
For levelling you need only 3 skills: PW,DD until 126lvl in Juperos\Abyss Lake 1 or 2\Rachel. If you have kaahi then Chronos is enough. And after that you need to have Agni2 in passive mode to lvlup in scaraba dungeon up til 150/50. Good equips for that are Chronos or 2x Pinguicula La'cryma stick or smth like this. Try to get about 90+ vit when you come to Scaraba dungeon. Also you must have Indulge lvl5 to lvlup solo with kaahi.

Offline Jente Lynn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
Thank you so much for the info! I was clueless on where to level past Magmarings. Now should I wait it out at Magmarings for a few job levels to get some points in DD and PW? Right now DD is at lvl3 and I haven't put any in PW yet [ only Job lvl 4 atm ]
[yggdrasil]

Offline Barigas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »
Quote from: Jente Lynn;1236661
Thank you so much for the info! I was clueless on where to level past Magmarings. Now should I wait it out at Magmarings for a few job levels to get some points in DD and PW? Right now DD is at lvl3 and I haven't put any in PW yet [ only Job lvl 4 atm ]
Get PW 5 and DD 5 on magmarings and go to Juperos. But you need to use some one-hand staff like TSoD with Skull Cap or La'cryma Stick and penomena shield because mobs in juperos are pretty strong.

Offline Jente Lynn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 04:39:44 PM »
Quote from: Barigas;1236673
Quote from: Jente Lynn;1236661
Get PW 5 and DD 5 on magmarings and go to Juperos. But you need to use some one-hand staff like TSoD with Skull Cap or La'cryma Stick and penomena shield because mobs in juperos are pretty strong.
Alright I'll stay at Magmarings till then and I will look into getting that gear for Juperos. Thank you again!
[yggdrasil]