Author Topic: The Rogue Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 14758 times)

Offline Rumm

• View Profile
Re: The Rogue Thread - Classic Edition
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2013, 09:13:16 AM »
ya...actually reflect would be a problem i didnt think of that.
 Though even with 100 vit wouldn't the stalker still blow up to a max shield reflect with one super BB? (maybe this is why it isn't done).  *Just calc'd it, this build take 8500~9500 on someone with max shield reflect and no demi reduction. So that could be a great counter to this, but if they wear their demi human gear the reflect'd damage gets cut in half.  That doesn't remove the problem of several classes reflecting damage back at once....Maybe it would still be worth it to suicide like how mado mechs do in renewal?

Btw the reason it has 1 base vit is to stop bomb damage.
The dex and agi might be switched around for better BB'ing speed...not sure what's ideal.  

Also...i could have sworn it was a proc for occult effect. If it's always working with occult effect.....then...wow
***I can't believe stalkers can actually do TOO Much damage...oh the irony
*another skill that might work (though it's quite cumbersome) is TSS. With this setup tss is doing ~20k against 50% demi reduction.  So it makes for a decent ranged ohko
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:52:31 AM by Rumm »

Offline Hrishi

• Sliver
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »
Quote from: Rumm;1353868

Also...i could have sworn it was a proc for occult effect. If it's always working with occult effect.....then...wow

I could be wrong on this! I just checked the description and it doesn't say that it's a proc. Then again you know how RO descriptions are..

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
Quote from: Rumm;1353868
ya...actually reflect would be a problem i didnt think of that.
 Though even with 100 vit wouldn't the stalker still blow up to a max shield reflect with one super BB? (maybe this is why it isn't done).  *Just calc'd it, this build take 8500~9500 on someone with max shield reflect and no demi reduction. So that could be a great counter to this, but if they wear their demi human gear the reflect'd damage gets cut in half.  That doesn't remove the problem of several classes reflecting damage back at once....Maybe it would still be worth it to suicide like how mado mechs do in renewal?

Btw the reason it has 1 base vit is to stop bomb damage.
The dex and agi might be switched around for better BB'ing speed...not sure what's ideal.  

***I can't believe stalkers can actually do TOO Much damage...oh the irony
*another skill that might work (though it's quite cumbersome) is TSS. With this setup tss is doing ~20k against 50% demi reduction.  So it makes for a decent ranged ohko

Eh, Defending Aura.

I would imagine the utility of Bowling Bash would be more like this:
Chase Walk for +15 STR
Change to hide
get to back of opponent stack
Drop their support (HPs, Linkers)
Job done

By intentionally targetting the support you could easily kill them and not take reflect damage.  This could work, but the GvG setup would be to intentionally get at melee range and dispel Paladins, not front liners.  If you dispel a paladin then BB his devo targets... the paladin would just die.

Offline Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2013, 08:40:47 AM »
Kind of new to stalker, here is my current "planned " build ( base stats with job bonus)

Str: 1+9
Int: 1+3
Agi: 35+10
Dex: 98+12
Vit: 96+4
Luk: 1+6

Skills are Stealth 5, Preserve 1, Full Divest 5. Would be using Flying Kick in WOE more than likely.

Gear ( WOE, currently owned )

+4 Feather Beret ( not comfortable overuping a 30mil item right now )
Robo Eyes
Well Chewed Pencil/Fish in Mouth ( when its a "just for fun woe )
+6 Unfrozen Assassin's Robe
+9 Quad Drowsy MG/+9 Quad Chaos MG
+7 Thara Buckler
+7 Anti Sniping Captains Manteau
+7 Green Battle Greaves
Blast Clip/Sight Clip
Four Leaf Clover Clip

Any suggestions on improving my stats/gear? Obviously this is a WOE character.

edit: Was debating on a valk shield as well
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:42:43 AM by Pink »

Offline Hrishi

• Sliver
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2013, 12:24:35 AM »
Quote from: Pink;1355278
Kind of new to stalker, here is my current "planned " build ( base stats with job bonus)

Str: 1+9
Int: 1+3
Agi: 35+10
Dex: 98+12
Vit: 96+4
Luk: 1+6

Skills are Stealth 5, Preserve 1, Full Divest 5. Would be using Flying Kick in WOE more than likely.

Gear ( WOE, currently owned )

+4 Feather Beret ( not comfortable overuping a 30mil item right now )
Robo Eyes
Well Chewed Pencil/Fish in Mouth ( when its a "just for fun woe )
+6 Unfrozen Assassin's Robe
+9 Quad Drowsy MG/+9 Quad Chaos MG
+7 Thara Buckler
+7 Anti Sniping Captains Manteau
+7 Green Battle Greaves
Blast Clip/Sight Clip
Four Leaf Clover Clip

Any suggestions on improving my stats/gear? Obviously this is a WOE character.

edit: Was debating on a valk shield as well

Use a +0 knife with 4 status cards rather than a +9 MG. If you use a low damage un-upgraded knife you'll do 0 damage with your flying kick and won't knock someone who is sleeping out of sleep.

Other than that just get a valk shield when you can and you should be good.

Offline battle

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2013, 07:53:21 PM »
you missed the point of flying kick its not the damage its the debuff that make it good. Plus you now standing next to your target then use full divest.
Thks for avatar KittyPriestess :D

Offline TwilightsCall

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2013, 11:09:05 AM »
^ You missed the point of his post. He recommended using a weaker weapon to REDUCE your damage.  That way you can spam flying kick on someone without worrying about breaking them out of sleep/freeze/SC that you are trying to inflict on them.