Author Topic: The Crusader Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 13786 times)

Offline Rumm

• View Profile
Re: The Crusader Thread - Classic Edition
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013, 01:50:31 PM »
Won't sleep status still interrupt cast time/effect?  Or is GD unique in that the effect will go off whether or not the caster is stunned/sleeped/etc?

Offline Squid

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »
I am not too sure about that but point is the moment you get hit you will be hit with something else anyway which causes Sleep to go away. Also with that amount of INT shouldn't you be immune to Sleep anyway?

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
Quote from: Rumm;1374445
Won't sleep status still interrupt cast time/effect?  Or is GD unique in that the effect will go off whether or not the caster is stunned/sleeped/etc?

I don't think being slept cancels your cast (could be wrong), but you will be taking damage so quickly sleep shouldn't be an issue, and, while your build is for GC, a frontline GD Paladin would be:
90 AGI (base)
99 DEX (base)

Rest in anything except VIT

Using stun immune gears (Double Stala Golem + Valk Armor + Mega Resist or Gemini Stala Golem Valk).

So you'd be pretty near to instant anyways.  And the constant MS/SG damage, Arrow Shower, FAS, Bomb, etc, would keep you from Sleeping for more than a few frames.

Offline Hardc0re

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2014, 04:29:36 PM »
Is Grand Cross only viable if you have an INT build?
I'm trying some stuff with the calculator on a VIT>STR>DEX Paladin and Holy Cross is doing only 200 less damage than Grand Cross.
And since Holy Cross doesn't have any delay or cast time I'm finding it very hard to believe that Grand Cross is superior.

I'm using this link to do the calculations:

http://calcx.wushuang.ws/?caBbLbibtabbHbaalacEcaaaqaanananantnhaaaaaaaacsaad5aaeueFaafbaafhaafqaafqaaaaaaankaakaaaaagaaaacLkaaaaYaaaaHaaaa

Just basic gear (Sword[4] with 4 Hydras to test on Orc Warrior, just to get a rough idea of the PvP damage). I put a +7 Bradium Shield just to test the shield skills damage, but the point that got me was the Holy Cross vs Grand Cross.

Is this calc accurate?

Offline Barigas

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2014, 05:28:19 AM »
Both Grand Cross and Holy Cross are totally useless in PvP with any build. Just forget about them. Paladin can only kill with Martyr Reconing, Shield Chain and sometimes with Shield Boomerang(having a good shield and soullin, this skill works mostly against agi targets since it never misses). All of these skills dont depend on your weapon, but increased bu cards, so the best weapon for them in 3xHydra 1x Skel Worker.

Offline Wyort

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2014, 10:34:50 PM »
The calc is accurate.

http://irowiki.org/classic/Grand_Cross

- Damage formula is: (ATK+MATK)* (100% + 40*skill lvl%)
You get way more MATK from 120 INT than ATK from 120 INT.
- The damage Grand Cross deals against enemies is not affected by Cards that increase damage by a percentage.
Your 4 Hydra Blade not increase GC damage.

Insta-cast GD with 190 aspd is the best option to kill people if you got 140-150 Int Bragi (Until you become #1 target for dispel :lol:)

Offline Barigas

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2014, 04:32:45 PM »
Bragi can not be dispelled, as I remember. Though, I hardly doubt that you will be able to kill anyone even with it.

Offline Wyort

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »
Without bless and box of gloom your dex drops by 13 point.
Without increase agi and berserk potion your aspd will dive into 180ish.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:24:55 PM by Wyort »

Offline Hardc0re

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2014, 08:22:21 AM »
For an offensive 1v1 PvP Paladin, would you say that the INT build with Grand Cross is better than the STR build with Rapid Smiting?
At least from what I see in the calc, both of these do more damage than a Lord Knight right?
I'm looking for a 1v1 /1vN class to have some fun in PvP rooms, record some good videos etc...

Offline Barigas

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
Quote from: Hardc0re;1395192
For an offensive 1v1 PvP Paladin, would you say that the INT build with Grand Cross is better than the STR build with Rapid Smiting?
At least from what I see in the calc, both of these do more damage than a Lord Knight right?
I'm looking for a 1v1 /1vN class to have some fun in PvP rooms, record some good videos etc...
Grand cross works good only with Bragi and if the enemy stands still and does not have Angeling card. Otherwise it is easier to kill with autoatk. GC is situationally good in WoE to kill some people in AoE. But in 1x1 PvP - the best option is MR, Rapid Smithing and Shield Boomerang with soulling.