iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > The Fields of Midgard > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about your favorite (or least favorite) Anime or Manga in here.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Wizard
Angeling

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: Afrikan 2 System
Class: Warlock

Default Highschool DxD

PLOT

"Issei Hyodo is a second year high school student who has got an enormous sexual addiction and very lascivious behavior. He lives a peaceful life until he is called for a date with a girl named Yuuma. At the conclusion of the date, Hyodo is brought to a local park and Yuuma asks him if he wants to know what her wish is. Under the impression of receiving a kiss from the girl, Hyodo is shocked when Yuuma whispers the words "Can you die for me?" and transforms into a fallen angel. Hyodo is brutally attacked and killed by Yuuma. Hyodo wakes up the next morning believing the events that occurred were all just a dream. Immediately afterwards, he notices Rias Gremory (a third year student at his high school) naked in his room. Rias reveals her identity as a devil to Hyodo and claims that she has reincarnated Hyodo as a devil that serves as an underling to her and the Gremory devil family."

TRAILERS

Even thou the light novel and anime are somehow "eros" since there's a lot of "oppai" (tits)... the background history in the light novels are quite good... so far there are 10 Volumes and I expect a lot from the anime if the decide to animate the Game against Phenex clan and beyond... heck... after I totally wanna see when they made a TV show in devil world and he ended up as the "oppai hero" (I think u guys will know who ended up as the "oppai queen" lol...)

Fallen Angels... Angels... Church... Exorcist... God... Demons... Dragons... Oppai... Rogue Exorcist... Nuns becoming Devils... Exorcist becoming devils... Ex-nun, -ex exorcist & devils trying to rape Ise... what else can you expect from this??? lol

EDIT: Judging from the opening... we can see part of the game between Ria's and Phenex clan... can't wait to see Ise's Promotion to "Queen" (in chess, the "pawn" has the ability to get "promoted" to any piece besides the Queen when it gets deep in enemy territory... same applies here xD) and activating Red Dragon Armor... I wonder how they gonna animate it...

"This is a new world... our new reality"

-------------------------------------
Shiroe. Lv.151 Warlock ~Villain in Glasses~
Check out my WoE videos!!!

Last edited by Wizard; 01-22-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
a
Poporing

Default Re: Highschool DxD

lol I can't believe how dirty this anime is, especially that demon's 'weapon' in ep 3

gf thinks I'm watching hentai...

classic: saiko
a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Wizard
Angeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by a View Post
lol I can't believe how dirty this anime is, especially that demon's 'weapon' in ep 3

gf thinks I'm watching hentai...
Hahahah.... yah... well more in the future, when they start participating on those "Rating Games", oppai will become a "switch" to unleash Issei's power xD

Man... Can't wait to see the animated version of at least the first "rating game" xD (and Issei's using "promotion" to get Queen's power)

What I'm kinda wandering is how Issei's childhood friend became an "angel" by Michael (Archangel) when he uses same Chess power as devil does... ohh and Kiba's sacred gears as well...

Old 01-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Wizard
Angeling

It seems anime version is covering the first 2 volumes (including the fight with Phenex family )... awesome fight scenes that were skipped in the light novels...

Volume 3: Everyone would like to have parents like these:

Quote:
Mum returned and looked at me and Asia with a smirk.
“M...Mum!”
“Oh my. Looks like the old granny got in your way. Its okay you know? The kitchen is also a battlefield. It’s not a problem to do it as long as you clean the mess, you know? Aaaah, I really want to see my grandchild soon.”
Uwaaaaaaaah! I couldn’t stay here any longer so I got away from Asia and left the scene! I never expected to feel so…! Feel so……! Embarrassed being caught by my parent in a scene like that!
“Ise! I have also worn it!”
I heard Buchou’s voice, so I turned around……
[NOSE-BLEED!]
More blood came out of my nose! Buchou appeared in an even more erotic apron than Asia’s! The apron JUST covered the important parts. It’s something which you can JUST understand that it’s an apron!
“Now Asia. We will start cooking with this.”
“Y…yes.”
Both of them stood in the kitchen… But it was basically nude from behind…… Blood…… I didn’t have enough blood!
After that, dad returned from work and he also had blood coming out of his nose. So the father and son sat together and had tissues inside their nostrils.
“Daddy is blessed. All my stress from work disappeared.”
“Yeah, me too, dad. Somehow I can forget all the sad things now.”
“You have to make both of them your wives, my son. Then both Rias-san and Asia-chan would become my daughter.”
“Hahaha. I will do my best Otou-sama.”
We had a conversation of father and son while putting on a really happy face.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Clogon
Buying Luk!

Class: Sniper

Well wasn't it implied from the 2nd episode that Rias has the ability to manipulate his parent's thoughts?

Also I wish Issei wasn't the generic oblivious type MC. <.<

My first RO char from beta!
My first marriage!

Blitzstrike, the purple haired hunter:
iRO Ygg: 150/50 Need to me more usefull!

Pros of a Ranger, Pet and Traps ignore all reduction item effects.

Choden, chaser:
iRO Ygg: 117/33 Need more equips!

Pros of a Chaser, Deadly Infect works on MVP's.

Clogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #6
Wizard
Angeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogon View Post
Well wasn't it implied from the 2nd episode that Rias has the ability to manipulate his parent's thoughts?

Also I wish Issei wasn't the generic oblivious type MC. <.<
Yes... but in this case it wasn't Rias who did it... their parents acted on their own (Rias was busy wearing an apron and cooking xD)

I just feel sorry for all girls... I meant ALL of them =S

Last edited by Wizard; 01-30-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #7
Clogon
Buying Luk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Yes... but in this case it wasn't Rias who did it... their parents acted on their own (Rias was busy wearing an apron and cooking xD)
I don't know about your parents. But my parents would totally act the way depicted in that scene if they saw 2 naked girls in my kitchen cooking for me. Polygamy is legal in my culture and my parents really wants grandchildren. Too bad for them, my brother and I have no interest in romance and are too pessimistic about this dying world to fulfill their wishs. =/

Edit:
In my mom's generation it was quite normal to be married and have kids at 12~16.

My first marriage!

Choden, chaser:

Last edited by Clogon; 01-31-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
Wizard
Angeling

Hhahaha... Let's just say something like that happen to my and my parents quite ago lol...

Anyway... if you think that's good... you should read this part from the Novels:

Quote:
Kiba: It's my turn to wash Ise-kun's back! >: [

Vali: Ise and I are on even footing as men. It's only appropriate that we take a bath together!

Kiba: I am Ise's guardian! I can't be away from his body at any point! Ise-kun is mine!

Ise: ._. Kiba... why do you have teary eyes like Asia or Rias!?

Kiba: I won't let you ruin Ise for me!

Ise: This sounds awfully familiar! Way too familiar! O_O

Vali: Ara, ara. I'm sure Ise would prefer my company anyway.

Ise: O_O DID VALI JUST ACTUALLY SAY "ARA, ARA"!?

Kiba: Ise is mine! Ise! If you pick me I'll let you do anything you want!

Vali: Nonsense! Ise-kun! I'm the one you really want!

*Ise shatters a window with a chair, leaps out, and runs for his life*
*Vali: Dragon Emperor, same level as Ddraig (Red Dragon Emperor which lives in Ise's Boost Treasure)

Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 AM   #9
Clogon
Buying Luk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Hhahaha... Let's just say something like that happen to my and my parents quite ago lol...
Well different cultures that's all. BTW are you reading translated novels or from the actual japanese ones?

My first marriage!

Choden, chaser:

Old 01-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #10
Wizard
Angeling

Both... I just have up to volumen 4... but I've been reading resumes from Japan wiki on what's going on all the way up to Volume 11... it's quite shocking for everyone last Volume I must say...

What I like most is Azazel... for being the leader of Fallen Angels (he said that he left the Angel's side because his love? for woman??, but Ise calls him "sensei"... it must be for something right? lol)

There's some summaries that I will love to post but not sure if that will be too much of spoiler or not... But let me tell you this... it's so damn interesting that you would be wandering what's next... even with all the eros going on xD

Edit: Or this?

Quote:
"Kiba." Ise places his hand on Kiba's shoulder.
"What?"
"There are two kinds of men -- those who have poked breasts and those who haven't.
I am the former now. I am invincible. I am very awesome. I am transcendant."
With pitying eyes, Kiba shakes his head. "...Buchou, this is bad. We better get a psychiatrist before the match."
So much fun... xD

Last edited by Wizard; 01-31-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:21 AM   #11
Clogon
Buying Luk!

You can use the [/spoiler][spoiler] tags.

Edit:
What I find interesting about this series is that even if you remove all the ero stuff, it has a good basic funny story.

My first marriage!

Choden, chaser:

Last edited by Clogon; 01-31-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #12
Wizard
Angeling

Quote:
You can use the [/spoiler][spoiler] tags.

Edit:
What I find interesting about this series is that even if you remove all the ero stuff, it has a good basic funny story.
YUp... indeed... that's why I like the novel so much... I find it so interesting that I read all 4 volumes at work in 2 nights lol

Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
Wizard
Angeling

Awesome episode...

Finally I was able to see Boosted Gear/Dragon Form... looking forward to see the Crimson form soon before the tv show ends...

Phenex Family is close... poor Issei... for what is coming...

Old 02-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #14
Clogon
Buying Luk!

too bad it seems only u and I are interested in this. =/

Edit:
If they made a non Echi version for the kids, I am sure it would be more popular.

My first marriage!

Choden, chaser:

Last edited by Clogon; 02-05-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #15
Wizard
Angeling

Quote:
too bad it seems only u and I are interested in this. =/

Edit:
If they made a non Echi version for the kids, I am sure it would be more popular.
I know right??

This series has a lot of potential... after the anime and in the light novels there's a lot of turn around and lot of ero/awesome situations with Isse and the people from club... more Dragon Kings... Dragon Gods... etc etc... lot of character development as well...

Hmmm... So far it goes like this...

- Volume 1: Everyone is introduced... Asia's past/history

- Volume 2: Kinda lile Rias past along with Phenex's past... Rating Game introduced, same as Ise's Balance Breaker... Ma-oh introduced and her ultimate Queen...

- Volume 3: Ise's childhood friend introduced along with another Exorcist... Excalibur's swords introduced and 2 top head from Fallen Angel's faction introduced as well... it mainly focus on Kiba's history, Sacred Gear and Saji is introduced as well (White Dragon)

- Volume 4: Rias is given permission to use her "other" Bishop and participate in Rating Games... Training on Underworld and some Akeno's past... Akeno is able to use "light" power thanks to her fallen angel background... Dragoon Booster vs Divine Divider... fight of Ultimate Pawns...

I will put some summaries some other time I guess...

Ohh just as general knowledge...

Boosted Gear characteristic:

- Boost! = Doubles power every 10 seconds (it will depend mostly on the vessel's power to see how many times his body can endure the "boost"... in tv show and light novels up to volume 2, Issei can endure up to 20 times boost before fainting... which is 200 seconds, therefore he needs to "turn on" his boosted gear before the fight so he can be ready when fight starts...)

- Explosion! = Puts a hold on Boost power and give the user access to boosted power depending on how many times he "boosted up"... depending on vessel's stamina and how the power is used, it can last several minutes in "Explosion-state"

- Dragon Boost! = Second Evolution of Boosted Gear... since Boosted Gear has Ddraig's Soul in it (One of the 2 Dragon Kings) it transform user's hand into a Dragon's hand... activation depends on user's will and stamina...

- Welsh Dragon Over Booster!!! = As know as power emperor of dragons!, Ultimate Form as known as Balance Breaker for Sacred Gear users, “Boosted Gear Scale-mail”! or “Hated Forbidden Technique” as known in Underworld... transform user into it's Crimson Dragon Form... scales and such... it will depend mostly on user's stamina and feelings... used at the end of Volume 2 (end of tv show as well)... since Ise's stamina is too low (he's way too weak at the beginning), a price must be paid to reach "Balance Breaker" mode... and it only last 10 seconds or less depending on how is used...

- Welsh Dragon Over Booster! - Queen Mode! = Using same form but after using "Promotion" to reach Queen's Level...

- Juggernaut Mode! = Kinda like Bersek mode after Welsh Mode... it has a price as well... power can be compared to Mao-oh if user can control it...

There are 2 more similar a Juggernaut but it's not like Bersek after he can control it... used against Loki.

If there's Red... there's always White as well...

Spoiler Alert:

BEWARE OF DRESS BREAK skill... LoL the forbidden ero skill??

Spoiler Alert:

Last edited by Wizard; 02-05-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
Blind Blade Master?
Marin

Class: Ninja

actually no im interested in it as well but im just lurking around
Blind Blade Master? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
Wizard
Angeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Blade Master? View Post
actually no im interested in it as well but im just lurking around
Awesome

Anyway... I gonna post some summaries later on... first, let's post all Characters:

PS: It might contain spoilers for upcoming TV show episodes and Light Novel readers... then again... it gives u a better grasp of what's going on in the Light Novel...

Character List

Occult Research Club

Isei Hyodo (兵藤 一誠, Hyoudou Issei)

Rank/Role: Low-class devil(Former human)/Pawn
Sacred Gear: Boosted Gear (Longinus) -> Boosted Gear Scale-mail (Balance-Breaker)
Weapon: The Holy sword Ascalon, a dragon-slayer sword
Power: (These are quite spoilers... so READ UNDER YOUR OWN RISK!!!!)
-Dress-Break
Spoiler Alert:

-Bilingual
Spoiler Alert:

An 11th grade student. Stupid, lecherous and a pervert. A normal high school student born in a normal family, but is in possession of the Sacred Gear "Boosted Gear" which is listed as one of the ultimate Sacred Gears. He was killed by his first girlfriend, a fallen-angel. Before he gets killed though, he wishes he can be brought back to life and his wish is so powerful that Rias Gremory gets to answer his call and he is reincarnated as a devil. He dreams of being a harem king, unknowingly already in the middle of being one.

Well... here some "spoiler" info from what I've been reading so far... it involves some stuff up to volume 10... I think but volume 10 info has been restricted because it might have the power to make everyone go nuts against the writer... at least until volume 11 xD

Spoiler Alert:

Rias Gremory (リアス・グレモリー, Riasu Guremori)

Rank/Role: Top-class devil(Pure devil)/King
Power: Power of destruction

A 12th grade student and the prettiest girl in the academy. Comes from the old noble of pure devils, the house of Gremory, a top-class devil who is called a genius nicknamed "Crimson Ruin Princess". Her brother is in fact one of the Yondai-Maou, Lucifer. Both of them possess the power of destruction. She revives Ise as her servant after finding him dead, killed by a fallen-angel and possessing a rare Sacred Gear. Kind and soft to her servants, becomes a totally different person when training or fighting.

Some "extra" info as spoilers...

Spoiler Alert:

Last edited by Wizard; 02-05-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Updating characters lil by lil... xD
Old 02-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
Clogon
Buying Luk!

What is this Balance Breaker you speak of? I have seen that term used a lot in many DXD discussions but still don't know what it is =(

My first marriage!

Choden, chaser:

Last edited by Clogon; 02-06-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
Wizard
Angeling

Quote:
What is this Balance Breaker you speak of? I have seen that term used a lot in many DXD discussions but still don't know what it is =(
"Balance Breaker" is the term given to all Sacred Gear user's when they reach it's max level... in other words, when they are able to use their Sacred Gear to the fullest, it's say that they reach "Balance Breaker" level... when the user is not ready for it, a price must be paid for the user to reach that level... most of the time it has to do with something emotional...

At the end of Volume 2 (TV show ending), Issei will be the only one to reach "Balance Breaker" but he had a price to paid to do so... on Volume 3, Kiba can reach Balance Breaker as well...
Spoiler Alert:

Oh well... let's continue with the characters shall we?

Akeno Himejima (姫島 朱乃, Himejima Akeno)

Rank/Role: Low-class devil (Former human/fallen-angel)/Queen
Power: Power of Holy(light)-Lighting

A 12th grade student and one of "Two big onee-samas" of the school along with Rias. Called the ultimate "Queen" by other members. Born between a human mother and fallen angel father. After the death of her mother, she became Rias' servant. She is a friend close enough to call Rias by her name in private, yet calls her Buchou in presence of others and displays master-servant relationship in public. She persistently refuses to use her power of light, inherited from her father, starts using it after being convinced by Ise.

Spoiler Alert:

Asia Argento (アーシア・アルジェント, Aashia Arujennto)

Rank/Role: Low-class devil (Former human)/Bishop
Sacred Gear: Twilight Healing

An 11th grade student. Originally a sister who was known as a Holy-maiden for healing powers. She was raised in an orphanage and was taken in by the church after her powers were discovered. She was kicked out of the Church for healing a devil, and was taken in by people affiliated with fallen-angels. Starts living together with Ise, after being saved from fallen-angels' grasp. As a person raised in church, she lacks common sense.

Now some spoiler as well xD

Spoiler Alert:

Last edited by Wizard; 02-06-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #20
Wizard
Angeling

Boost!!!

& Dragon Booster

Last edited by Wizard; 02-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.