iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Renewal Class Discussion

Renewal Class Discussion Everything about Renewal Classes in here!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
BlazerMFT
Poring

Server: iRO Chaos
Class: Sura

Default OB Leveling in Scarabas, SQ 10?

Hey guys, currently 142, and I feel I'm ready to go down to Scarabas and live out the rest of my RG's days there (in between TIs anyway).

http://calc.irowiki.org/?ca7csaJbCaW...aagaaaafbaaaaa

A quick look into the stat calculator to see if I'm ready, I see that getting Spear Quicken 10 and it's passive damage bonus to Overbrand (to my current level of 5) means the difference between 2 shotting and 3 shotting the Rake Horn Scarabas. All these only considering 2 hits with OB:

Using a Fire endowed +9 Brocca, Shield Spell 1 (130 Atk), and SQ5 which gives me around 29 - 30 k average damage.

If I change that to SQ10, the calc says 33 - 34 k. Rake Horns according to iW have 67700 HP.

This means using a Neuralizer but if that's the difference between comfortable leveling I am inclined to do so.

I have an option of putting on a Shackle/BBS combo to up the damage even more to around 36 k average. But that would mean losing my Variants which I'm not too comfortable with when mobbing.

Any input on this or should I not bother and just do TIs 'til 150? Actually I've done a lot of research on this and almost all threads I see say SQ10 is not worth it, but in this case it's hard to decide.

Thanks.
BlazerMFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Smolderbil
Marin

Server: iRO Classic
Guild: Valkyrie
Class: Knight

Default Re: OB Leveling in Scarabas, SQ 10?

Don't bother resetting for SQ10, imo. 2 shotting them won't be that easy anyway, since those guys have Stone Skin.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Ralis
Manly Unicorn

Server: iRO Classic
Guild: Valhalla
Class: Paladin

I wouldn't rely too heavily on the stat calc. Go check your actual damage first before you make any decisions.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
BlazerMFT
Poring

Class: Sura

Hmm I guess you guys are right. I have just gained access to Scarab hall, but haven't really messed around yet. I have yet to park my endower over there.

When you guys mentioned Stone Skin, I researched and noticed the scarabs in the hall don't have this ability.

I was wondering the feasibility of grinding there instead of the actual Scaraba dungeon at my level (142).

Anyone share any input on this? The only thing is that the insects at the hall are non-aggro and it might take a little longer to mob.
BlazerMFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Barigas
Metaling

Server: ruRO
Class: Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerMFT View Post
When you guys mentioned Stone Skin, I researched and noticed the scarabs in the hall don't have this ability.
They always use it on in low hp state...
Barigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Golden Fingers
Arc Angeling

Guild: retired

The ones in the hall dont use stone skin, but they also arent aggressive either after a recent patch. The place you want to level with OB is in the hole, and those ones (rake +antler) do use stone skin. If your going to level in the Hall, your better off with vanishing point i think.

I probably wouldnt worry about SQ 10 if you dont already have it or plan to make use of SQ 10 itself. if it makes the difference between 2 and 3 OB's, just use magnum break while the mob forms and that should be about the same increase in damage (very roughly).

I'm also pretty sure a hunting spear or imperial spear (fire endowed ofc) will outdamage anything else except maybe hellfire. using a zodiac headgear for mild wind can add another 10-20% damage too.

Last edited by Golden Fingers; 05-12-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Golden Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote