iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > General

General General Ragnarok discussion. For specific class questions please use the class sections below.

View Poll Results: Should Gravity leave the new Hugel Mini-game NPC's in after the event?
Yes ! 64 41.83%
No ! 40 26.14%
Yes; but nerf the turn-in rate/ratio 49 32.03%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #41
Sho Lin
(ಠ_ಠ)

Server: iRO Retired

Default Re: New Hugel mini-game NPC's

Thank god they are taking it out. Everyone and their mom has level 4 weapons now. At least I get to gg the people that use elemental armor in woe or pvp.

Thanks for breaking the market.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #42
Pred
Marin

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: Animosity

I read this on the iro forums but I forgot who posted it and am too lazy to go look up who said it. But how about keeping Troy but making so that the only reward is 1 medal, only when you MVP?

Helen, 10 medals on 1st guess, 5 on 2nd, 2 on 3rd, 1 on 4th, some other prize for fifth and sixth.

The other two shouldn't give any medals, as it'd be too simple to farm it for direct medals. Either take them out or change the reward to something else, Mastela Fruits maybe?
Pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #43
Burning!!!
Magmaring

Class: Biochemist

everyone would be raping helen, unless it costed like 10k a try
Burning!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 AM   #44
Pred
Marin

Guild: Animosity

lower the medal count her then, iono. Just some alternative to racers so that people actually utilize the hugel mini-games. Races just gets too boring, and bingo is ridiculous. How about:

5 medals for 1st guess, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, 1 for 5th, and a Mastela Fruit for 6th?

Anyone who's played Helen enough knows that the chance of getting it in the first 3 guesses is pretty uncommon. Using the BST method you have about a 7% chance to get it in the first 3. That'd be pretty fair, seeing as it's supposed to be an alternative to races.

Then again the chances of any of this happening in the first place is slim to nil, so why not just say Helen should give a CK for talking to her?
Pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #45
Kaorri
Metaling

Guild: ~*Celestial-Winters*~
Class: Sniper

I voted yes and nerfing. I personally dont think changing the exp from medals is beneficial since I have medals saved on a couple characters LOL but I think changing the turn in rate of tickets to medals is ok. Also keep the item turn in for tickets and simply increase the amount of items needed to obtain said tickets. I am generally in hillwinds anyways and harpy feathers drop relatively well, not to mention greeding shells is real easy too. I also think keeping the numbers guessing NPC at her same rate is ok--success rate still isnt that great and if you alter the ratio of ticket turn in to medals there isnt going to be unbalancing in the game. As for Troy, I am sure you can alter him too. And I think the poem one is actually fine on her own--if people really want to sit there and copy and paste all day long then thats their choice but at least its a better alternative to the racing games which I have no luck at whatsoever, and as others have said--I can never find anyone for Bingo so whats the point? But I figure why not keep them and give us something to do if we cant find parties or are tired of soloing?

Siggy by Sarasaurus
There's no point growing up, if you can't act childishly sometimes...-Dr. Who
Kaorri 99 Sniper || Solarie 99 High Priestess || Rowanne 99 Gypsy ||Vallya 99 HighWizard ||Lilliandra 99 Soul Linker || Rapunzelle 9x Scholar || Akazukin 9x Stalker || Phallondra 9x Biochemist || Lanarya 8x High Priestess || Snickerdoodles 9x Dancer
Kaorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #46
Talin
Veteran Noob

Server: iRO Retired
Guild: Erebus
Class: Knight

My own opinion on this is that they should leave in the new minigame NPCs, nerf them, and just take out Bingo. Take out Bingo and remove the requirement to play the stupid game to do one of the quests (Juno Remedy).
Character ADD much? I think so.
Talin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #47
Luno
Baby Poring

50 tickets for 1 medal would solve everything. It'd be 1.5M exp an hour, and still another way to collect some medals.
Luno is offline   Reply With Quote