iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Classic Class Discussion

Classic Class Discussion Everything about Classic Classes in here!

Old 10-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
Guardian Angel
Poring Egg

Default Sharp Shooting vs. Double Strife

hey everyone!
out of curiosity, which build would you guys recommend a sniper take in woe? i know that depending on each different enemy, there is an advantage and disadvantage to each build, but regardless, this skills are all ruined by pneuma.

in WoE, i was wondering which skill would be better to use, double strafe or sharp shooting?
maybe someone could help list some pros and cons of having each skill?

Pros for Double Strifing
  • Fast Killing
  • Fast massive damage
  • Enough sp to lay traps

Cons of Double Strifing
  • Easier to gain status ailment
  • Long stun time
  • no chance to equip thara frog guard

Pros for SharpShooting
  • Pierces defence

Cons for SharpShooting
  • Skill delay

anyone else feel like adding?
Guardian Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
Dr. Azzy
Stapo

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: Sentinel
Class: Biochemist

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Azzy Send a message via MSN to Dr. Azzy
Default Re: Sharp Shooting vs. Double Strife

"Double strafe" and "Sharp shooting" (i assume you mean FAS) are skills. They are not builds.

Not only that, they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SKILLS. One is single target, one is AoE. 1 can be spammed at aspd, one needs strings to be really useful. They have totally different uses on leveling too. It's like a wizard asking whether they should use jupitel thunder vs stormgust.

A competent sniper in woe should use different skills at different times, and should be willing, ready, and able to use both of these skills, and many others.

I suggest you get your hunter to 9x and try woeing before you plan a woe sniper build. That will allow you to learn the basics of your class so you don't embarrass yourself when you post questions about it.
-Az
And more...
Dr. Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:27 AM   #3
Atum
Arc Angeling

Class: Assassin Cross

Send a message via MSN to Atum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
Can someone just delete this thread? I'm sick of seeing this shit in the archer section. Are there threads being made in the merchant section on wether to use Mammonite or HSCR? When and/or why? NO! They're isn't.
Are you new? There was a discussion about HSCR vs mammo in the old RI-forum before it closed down.
Quote:
Archer Discussion has always been craptastic compared to other class discussions, but this is just a new low.
Then just shut up and dont answer in topics you dont like.

@Guardian angel:
I think you should have both skills anyway as sniper since both are very good skills.
Although your mainobjective in woeing is trapping (Ankle snare, shockwave,etc) you can also use doublestrafing and shartp shooting/focussed arrow strike to attack and maybe kill some people.

Doublestrafe:
Used to fast-attack single targets to deal moderate dmg or for statusbows (Magnoliacarded bows are the most annoying in my opinion)

Focussed arrow strike / Sharp shooting:
Use it on crowds of people or against incoming people in a long corridor to deal areadamage in a 3*14 cell-area for mass-statuseffecting (again, i think curse [Magnoliacard] is the best) or maybe killing some low-hp-targets like wizards or other archerclasses.
You can also use Focused arrow strike for "precasting", so standing in magic strings near the wizards and dealing massdamage to the people who try to get through the wizards spells (again, curse is very annoying, since nobody really likes to run super-slow through wizard-spells)

I never played a sniper, but that are the mainusages i can think of for both skills in woe.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
Mocha
Poporing

Guild: Lethal Death
Class: Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
Especially if you yourself fit that description better than anyone else.
Gee, Thank You Rav.
Mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
The Sauce is the Boss
Magmaring

Don't worry, I just don't see anything wrong at all with this thread. I think it can start good discussions.

For example, it was mentioned to use FAS for precasting - this being a means of defending.

So, would you rather FAS people running in when ME goes down, lay down some traps repeatedly and guard them (of course you should always, always be ASing your traps), or simply stun lock emp breakers the second they enter the door? (AS at the portal then lock onto anyone who is important). Personally, I always did that last thing I said, and keep up just a single row of snares in the back, along with a bunch of others that would indicate whether cloaked/stealthed guild leaders were walking around that area. Basically: put a row of traps at the emp, walk over to wizard line (traps moved closer if emp was far away such as in valk 3) and stand there ASing, then stun locking anyone in the precast that was important, or in cases such as valk 4, stun locking emp breakers if they had gotten onto the other side and were heading for the emp. I just didn't see a point to FAS and take out less important people. Rather help immobilizing the threats.
The Sauce is the Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #6
Mocha
Poporing

Guild: Lethal Death
Class: Hunter

Except for the fact you can't AS traps in seige!?
Mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
The Sauce is the Boss
Magmaring

I'm not talking about Arrow Showering them so that they move back. I'm talking about ASing your snares to reveal people who walked into them but are cloaked.

Thus you can AS your traps in siege, and I strongly believe anyone who doesn't do this is just wasting time laying down snares to avoid ninja recalls. Unless the recall leader is like a Lord Knight that just like ran by everyone, but we don't have problems with those on Chaos.

lol.

Last edited by The Sauce is the Boss; 10-04-2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: ninga
Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
Lucentos
Ghostring

Server: ruRO Retired
Class: Arch Bishop

Two questions about traps and AS. Does AS reveal stealthied Stalkers? And does traps movable in WoE?
Lucentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
The Sauce is the Boss
Magmaring

No, you cannot move traps in WoE. There is no pushback from AS.

However, it will reveal stealthed stalkers as long as they don't have KE up (sometimes it gets broken before they run past the wizline, many will get KE before they rush). I do use detect in traps but it depends on who's attacking, and I don't fairly alternate..You'd be aiming to unhide a sinx with KE for that one.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
Lucentos
Ghostring

Server: ruRO Retired
Class: Arch Bishop

Oh. Big thanks.
Lucentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #11
Guardian Angel
Poring Egg

sorry for seeming so noob...
i was just wondering which attack is more efficient. i hate the delay after sharp shooting, and ds is kinda fun doing.. magnolia cards are the only problem for me to get i guess. but thanks for your input guys. really like the energy on this forum =)
Guardian Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #12
Cerulean
Poring Egg

Grab a nice Bragi and Gloria/Imposito Manus 5, pop a Box of Resentment and your FAS will be very nice for helping a pre-cast.

DS is more of a solo skill that doesn't need as much support to be efficient. It's also better at interrupting casters than FAS. =p
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #13
Nealix
full of sound and fury

Send a message via AIM to Nealix Send a message via MSN to Nealix

Keep well in mind that while AS will reveal stalkers in stealth and assassins in cloak it will not reveal characters in the hiding status unless the attack hits them before they're completely in it, which only takes a split second. Keep IC/detect ready for that, I think it's reveal range is either 5x5 or 7x7, someone confirm please.