iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > General

General General Ragnarok discussion. For specific class questions please use the class sections below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #21
Biochemist-ness
Supporter

Server: iRO Retired

Default Re: OBB/OPB drop list?

RMS's list lacks both Sage's Diary and Dragon Killer on both obb/opb lists. Those two weapons do come out of both boxes.

RMS's list is wrong.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #22
margafred
Metaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Fingers View Post
Where did you get your data from SOC? if its pserver its not accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis_SOC View Post
False, but I'm not allowed to argue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK View Post
Yes you are. It's simple, if it's from a pserver, it's bullshit. If it isn't, go ahead and link it. Obviously if you link to RMS, it's pserver shit. :P
Quote:
Sorry, but still false. But, I still can't argue because it's against the rules.
You know you should just be honest and answer...

Quote:
It's from RMS. I can't post it.
..from the very beginning instead of denying it.

Also RMS only listed weapons,armors,pet eqs,usable items and arrows..and threw out the junks and unusable items from the list.So its not a complete list,hence failed as a database.

Last edited by margafred; 12-01-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #23
genesis_SOC
"God is my judge."

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: Spirit Draconis
Class: Knight

Send a message via MSN to genesis_SOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochemist-ness View Post
RMS's list lacks both Sage's Diary and Dragon Killer on both obb/opb lists. Those two weapons do come out of both boxes.

RMS's list is wrong.
RMS fails to keep up date, yes, but it is still, by far, the best and most reliable database out there. You tell me where there's a complete, up to date list of OCA cards, OBB drops, and OPB drops, a long with all the other data that RMS has, PLUS more information and simplicity of usage, and it will be better than RMS. Doddler's, and iRO Wiki's, is far too clunky and lacks too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred
You know you should just be honest and answer... ..from the very beginning instead of denying it.

Also RMS only listed weapons,armors,pet eqs,usable items and arrows..and threw out the junks and unusable items from the list.So its not a complete list,hence failed as a database.
I did not deny anything. They are false because it is accurate. The junks and such are at a separate link at the bottom of the respected pages. Look before you leap, son.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #24
zero
-.-

Quote:
RMS fails to keep up date, yes, but it is still, by far, the best and most reliable database out there. You tell me where there's a complete, up to date list of OCA cards, OBB drops, and OPB drops, a long with all the other data that RMS has
But you just admited yourself that RMS fails to keep up to date. . .so how can their tables be accurate and reliable?

Besides, you don't need an OCA list as it drops all cards except for MVP ones.

Zero Four / Zero Magic
Old 12-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #25
margafred
Metaling

Ah didn't notice the link...my eyes failed =.+''

Anyway still its a pserver data...sure its near accurate compared to ROE list but the source of the database is the main thing here.If the source is legal and straight from the official server i'm sure iROwiki will listed it on the site too.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #26
Biochemist-ness
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
Besides, you don't need an OCA list as it drops all cards except for MVP ones.
Except Abysmal Knight, Ogretooth, Mysteltainn, Executioner, and maybe a few other 'mini bosses'
Old 12-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #27
genesis_SOC
"God is my judge."

Guild: Spirit Draconis
Class: Knight

Send a message via MSN to genesis_SOC

Quote:
Quote:
RMS fails to keep up date, yes, but it is still, by far, the best and most reliable database out there. You tell me where there's a complete, up to date list of OCA cards, OBB drops, and OPB drops, a long with all the other data that RMS has
But you just admited yourself that RMS fails to keep up to date. . .so how can their tables be accurate and reliable?
They update, but very slowly. It is still a very accurate database, RO doesn't update substantially to where every single detail must be changed. It is easily safe to rely on for information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post

Anyway still its a pserver data...sure its near accurate compared to ROE list but the source of the database is the main thing here.If the source is legal and straight from the official server i'm sure iROwiki will listed it on the site too.
I might get in trouble for posting this, but RMS is based on eAthena, and eAthena is based on kRO. The reason iRO Wiki doesn't use RMS data is because every one believes if any thing has to do with a private server, it's completely evil, false, hated, ect.. I agree that it is great to not post direct links to RMS, and to keep discussion of privates to minimum to reduce advertisement as much as possible, but they still have credit as far as some information goes. It really sucks that some of them are more balanced than iRO, and actually have GMs that care and work much, much more effectively. :/

Anyway, the best and possibly only list for OBB/OPB drops is RMS, though it would be great if iRO Wiki or Doddler could create their own.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #28
Lathenia
Marin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They update, but very slowly. It is still a very accurate database, RO doesn't update substantially to where every single detail must be changed. It is easily safe to rely on for information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post

I might get in trouble for posting this, but RMS is based on eAthena, and eAthena is based on kRO. The reason iRO Wiki doesn't use RMS data is because every one believes if any thing has to do with a private server, it's completely evil, false, hated, ect.. I agree that it is great to not post direct links to RMS, and to keep discussion of privates to minimum to reduce advertisement as much as possible, but they still have credit as far as some information goes. It really sucks that some of them are more balanced than iRO, and actually have GMs that care and work much, much more effectively. :/

Anyway, the best and possibly only list for OBB/OPB drops is RMS, though it would be great if iRO Wiki or Doddler could create their own.
eAthena is a knock off of jAthena which was essentially an easier to use form of ragnarok's original server code; Aegis which was leaked. Srsly.

I lol'd at the eAthena = kRO.

Last edited by Lathenia; 12-01-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #29
j0j0
Poring

Class: Assassin

can someone ban that guy already.. hes pissing me off
Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #30
Omega
Poporing

He's probably affiliated with RMS somehow.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #31
Golden Fingers
Arc Angeling

Guild: retired

Last time i checked something on RMS (wasnt intending to go to RMS, but it was what came up in search) the information was blatantly wrong for the items I was looking at.

Its hit or miss basically when looking at pserver info, they get some stuff right by "guessing" the right thing. If you guess at everything your bound to get some things right and wrong (like answering all "C"'s to a multi-choice test).

Quote:
Then compare the said list to the "true" list that Doddler or iRO Wiki has. Oh wait, they don't.

HMM. -_-
You do know the reason why iRO wiki or Doddler dont have a list right? yes?

Its because there is NO such list. HMM.

(not to mention different official servers can have different drops even at same episode).

Last edited by Golden Fingers; 12-01-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #32
Resplendent
Do It All Again

Guild: iRO Wiki
Class: High Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Resplendent Send a message via Steam to Resplendent

I think pretty much everything to be said has been on this subject. Locking before anyone gets themselves into trouble.
Closed Thread