iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > General

General General Ragnarok discussion. For specific class questions please use the class sections below.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
Janus Zhervall
Drops

Default Renewal Character Calculator (WIP)

I've posted this in some other threads, but I decided it might be better to conglomerate all the work into one thread instead of spread it out amongst several.

For the last few weeks I've been working on adapting all knowledge I can find on the renewal update into a Microsoft Excel-based Character Calculator. To this date, I have completed rudimentary Priest, Archbishop, and Warlock calculators, and I've begun adapting existing formulas into a Rune Knight calculator. No work has started on a Ranger calculator, however that will come in the near future.

However, many problems still exist, and so that's where I'd like the help of the forum users. Since I don't have a kRO Account, I can do absolutely no research on my own and rely on data from other users, so I'd like the input to help complete this calculator.

Revision 19 of the calculator is attached. To use it, Microsoft Excel, or a similar program (OpenOffice.org is one) is needed. All formulaic workings of the calculator are locked and cannot be modified. This is mostly to prevent accidental changes to the calculator itself. All skills are presented at their maximum level by default. All third class Formulas are from doddler's futurewiki etc.

Note: When entering a weapon, please copy the weapon name from the list of weaponry on the Weapon Table sheet exactly as listed to avoid mistakes. However, this table does not include physical attack power or weapons that do not grant MATK yet.

Newest Features (Latest Revision):
-Working Job Bonus Apparatus. The only thing left is to populate the table with the actual bonuses.
-Working Physical Weapon Apparatus. Table requires populating, likely requires expansion for unique effects.
-Working Physical calculator. Bash is the only skill so far, however Masteries are working properly. This may become an issue once the table is populated with Daggers due to the complexity of working Sword Mastery into the formula.

Existing Problems (non-exhaustive list):
-To the best of my knowledge, the damage formula for magic spells is currently incorrect. This affects all magic spells including Heal.
-Rune Knight's Stat Calculator table is the most recent revision. This has not been adapted to Arch Bishop or Warlock yet.
-Warlock page doesn't include non-Warlock skills.
-Rune Knight page doesn't include Rune Knight skills.
-ASPD, Hit, Flee, P. Hit, P. Dodge, Crit Rate, DEF and MDEF are currently useless. They're just for show. I am uncertain how to do anything with them aside simply including them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calculator Revision 19 (Prototypic).zip (12.9 KB, 5910 views)
Janus Zhervall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
Janus Zhervall
Drops

Default Re: Renewal Character Calculator (WIP)

Currently, I'm working on the physical calculator, but I have a few questions regarding it as well as the magic calculator.

1) For the Physical Calculator, I am using the following formulas:
Minimum: (2 * (Weapon Attack) + 1.5 * (Status Attack)) * Skill Modifier + Mastery
Maximum: (2 * (Weapon Attack + ((Weapon Attack * Weapon Level) / 20)) + 1.5 * (Status Attack)) * Skill Modifier + Mastery
My question is: are these two formulas still correct? Doddler's OP for the third Renewal thread was last edited over a month ago and may not be up to date in regards to this.

2) For the Magical Calculator, I am using the following formulas:
Minimum: (2 * (Weapon MATK) + 1.5 * (Status MATK)) * Skill Modifier
Maximum: (2 * (Weapon MATK + (Weapon MATK * (Weapon Level / 10))) + 1.5 * (Status MATK)) * Skill Modifier
My question is: are these two formulas correct to any degree? I have been informed that they may not be. These formulas are being used in all magic spells including Heal.

3) Does anyone have any information regarding job bonuses of Arch Bishop, Rune Knight, and Warlock?

4) Are the formulas for Vital Strike/Traumatic Blow still the same? Has anyone derived a new Clashing Spiral formula?

5) Are Rune Knight skills affected by Masteries? What is Wyrd's formula? Raido's Formula?

6) Just how exactly does Summon Element Orb work? Does the level of it influence the damage each orb inflicts, or the total damage of the maximum number of orbs?

Here is the latest, most complete revision of the Calculator.

New Features (Revision 21):
-Masteries now work properly, however they may not work properly later when the list is populated with One-hand and Two-hand spears. due to how the VLOOKUP function works.
-Most Knight and Lord Knight skills are added and working. The exception to this is Aura Blade (which does not have a placeholder) and Clashing Spiral, whose new formula I don't know.
-Skills that only function with a particular weapon type (see: Most spear skills) are reflected in the calculator. If an invalid weapon is used, damage output will be Zero.

Existing Problems (Revision 21) (non-exhaustive list):
-Weapon Table requires population. This will take a significant amount of time to do by myself.
-Rune Knight stat layout still has not been adapted to Arch Bishop or Warlock calculator.
-Mage and Wizard skills are still not in the warlock calculator.
-Release and Orb Summon spells are still missing, as I still lack an understanding of precisely how they work.
-Several spells are missing from the Arch Bishop page, namely Epiclesis, Turn Undead, and Aspersio, all of whose damage formulas are unknown to me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calculator Revision 21 (Prototypic).zip (14.7 KB, 1089 views)

Last edited by Janus Zhervall; 02-24-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
Gio
Metaling

Server: Retired
Class: High Wizard

Formulas are wrong.
2) Magical calculator:
Minimum: (StatusMatk + WpnMatk)*Skill Modifier
Maximum: (StatusMatk + WpnMatk + WpnMatk*(WpnLv/10))* Skill Modifier

There is no 2x Wpn Matk, or 1.5x Status Matk anymore . And i think the same applies to Physical too.

3)I have Information of some Job bonuses for Warlock (But not information at all for job lv.50).

6)The Elemental Spheres levels only affect the damage of each sphere. (Each Sphere hit for 300% when you have the skill at lv.5). The maximum number of spheres you can have is 5, regardless of skill levels.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
Janus Zhervall
Drops

I keep hearing that Weapon Upgrades influence MATK now. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is confirmed, how do they influence MATK?

How do Weapon Upgrades influence attack power now? Where in the formula are they applied and how?

How do Healing Modifiers work? Do they stack? Do they compound?

Here's all of today's work.

New Features (Revision 24):
-The Rune Knight stat layout has been fully adapted to the Arch Bishop sheet. In addition, the Arch Bishop sheet has received a cosmetic update to be styled and compacted more like the others.
-All spells on the Arch Bishop sheet have been updated to reflect the new formula suggested by Gio. This update has not been applied to the Warlock sheet.
-Healing Staff upgrades are now affected by the new weapon upgrade box, not its own box.
-Weapon Table (compatible with Arch Bishop only as of right now) has been updated to include bonus statistics (Six Stats and CRIT only as of right now), as well as ATK. Multiple versions that have differing statistics have been added.
-Job Bonus Array in place for Arch Bishop.

Existing Problems (Revision 24) (non-exhaustive list):
-Warlock sheet by this time is in serious need of attention.
-Rune Knight sheet is still largely incomplete.
-Melee weapon table array is virtually empty.
-Arch Bishop and Rune Knight job bonus arrays are unpopulated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calculator Revision 24 (Prototypic).zip (16.0 KB, 2559 views)
Old 02-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #5
Gio
Metaling

Server: Retired
Class: High Wizard

Whoever told you that Weapon Upgrade is affecting MAtk, lied. I just re-tested it, with +0 Evil Bone Wand, and +5 Evil Bone Wand. I Used Recognized Spell, and the damage is the same.