iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > General

General General Ragnarok discussion. For specific class questions please use the class sections below.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
niektory
Poporing

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: Aesir
Class: High Wizard

Send a message via MSN to niektory
Default Banning botters

Is there any way to get someone banned for ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (aside from being Doddler)? All my attempts so far have failed miserably, and I'm only picking really obvious targets.

Last edited by niektory; 07-03-2009 at 06:49 AM.
niektory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #2
annaquin
Magmaring

Server: kRO Retired
Class: Assassin Cross

Default Re: Banning botters

Botter can't do shit with WARP , pop up WARP around and send them to Atroce map. Spread the methods , and once everybody will get the uses to send botter to Atroce map, you will see less ♥♥♥ low level.
annaquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Mr. Bato
is a smelly MoFo.

Guild: Demise
Class: Stalker

Send a message via MSN to Mr. Bato Send a message via Steam to Mr. Bato

Lol fro lol.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #4
Steax
So why am I here again?

Way too much effort to do that to every one of them lol.

Make sure your reports are complete... You'll need your own credentials as well as time & location. Include multiple screenies of them not responding to obvious efforts to get their attention, etc.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
Uyuni
Luv puppies!

Guild: Valkyrie
Class: Genetic

Actually, you do not need that much, get a merc, set it in passive, and walk around, most of bots will follow your merc. Open a Chat window with every ♥♥♥, and take the screenshot, in that way, you can report 20+ bots in a single screenshot .

Another one is use sanctuary on respawn spots, after been healed, they will go to ♥♥♥ again :P
Uyuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
Lussuria
Marin

Guild: Cool~Slayers
Class: Priest

There's also the ALT + Click on the ♥♥♥ and then sit. Tends to set off their teleport. :3
Lussuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Doddler
The Oracle

Class: Knight

Include the botters name, what map you saw them on, what time you saw them, why you suspect them for being a ♥♥♥ (like "they were stuck on an object"; "they looked to follow specific paths across the map", etc), explain what you did to try to prove your claim ("they ignored my KS", "I ran circles around him doing emotes", "he's a rogue, nuff said", etc), describe what information is available in the screenshot, and request that the GMs investigate. You should include screenshots, but don't put more than two, they just want proof you aren't lying about your claim and something to look back at in case your report is missing something. In the title of your report, use something like "♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ players in thor_03 on valkyrie server". Don't forget the server name, if people forget server names in their reports as often as they forget to include server names in their forum posts about shit being broken, like half their reports must be useless.

Anyways, the GMs will then read your email 6-72 hours later, and if your email makes any sort of sense, they'll lot in, warp directly to that botter hidden, check him out and remove him. For bonus points you can say there are other suspicious players on the map and the GM should probably check them out while they're at it. Unfortunately the delay between you sending the message and them investigating it means that some bots that aren't on 24/7 will escape investigation.

It's annoying to do, but its a fairly simple template process. Something like the following is usually what I'd write for a report.

Quote:
Hi, I was leveling in thor's volcano 3f (thor_03) on valkyrie server around 5:30pm PST when I saw a novice ♥♥♥. I was a bit suprised to see a novice down there, much less soloing salamanders, so I ran up to him and tried talking to him. He didn't respond. I KS'd a few of his salamanders and even his Ifrit, but he didn't respond. His name was 'imnotabotnoob123134'. Attached is a screenshot of him soloing ifrit while ignoring my PMs. If you could investigate that player, it would be great. Thanks.
Works for most bots I try to report, unless they're logged in intermittently.

Last edited by Doddler; 07-03-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Mr. Bato
is a smelly MoFo.

Guild: Demise
Class: Stalker

Send a message via MSN to Mr. Bato Send a message via Steam to Mr. Bato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler View Post
"he's a rogue, nuff said"
HEY I RESENT THAT
Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
Maya
dust it off

Guild: everywhere

RACISTS ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfBabylon - 3/2/2008 2:00 PM
Maya and boom is serious business.
Some very VERY serious business.

<!Resplendent> if I paint myself green will you fap to me
<!Resplendent> ^w^
how2troll: the guide
Maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
Uyuni
Luv puppies!

Class: Genetic

Basically, what Doddler said, add a description of why you think X char is a ♥♥♥.

Something that never fails, is healing the monster the ♥♥♥ is attacking.

Sadly, I have reported, easily, like 200 bots (mainly bots with spare cards, cuverts, north morroc map, anolian, dokebis, frills, byalan...) they have been banned, yes, but after 3 days, there are 200 new bots , so yeah, i feel my time and effort reporting bots worthless.
Uyuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #11
Xellie
The Threader of Forums

Server: Classic
Guild: Valhalla

I've never had problems getting bots banned, I take sequential screenshots of thier behaviour (+ 1 or 2 SS clearly showing thier name)

you have to be very clear in emailing the GMs (map name, server name, description of ♥♥♥ behaviour)

The key is to not PM the bots. Or let them know you're reporting them. many bots will log PMs / alert to certain words and then the botter will know you're reporting them. The Gms rely on catching them in the act, so if you PM it and are like DUDE ARE YOU A ♥♥♥?! IM REPORTING YOU! they might well stop ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ for a few days, and thus won't get caught.

Last edited by Xellie; Today at 09:23 PM. Reason: teehee
Xellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #12
Dishonru
what

Mercenary and whatever that alt click and sit crap is do not work. At all.

Doddler's post is correct and how I got many bots banned. I'd send a report focusing on a single player who exhibits specific behavior and then droppling a list near the end of players who exhibit similar behavior on the same map. I cleared out pyramids so many times while leveling an archer back in the day.

Last edited by Dishonru; 07-04-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Dishonru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
niektory
Poporing

Guild: Aesir
Class: High Wizard

Send a message via MSN to niektory

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll try do write better reports. But I won't play in 640x480, screw that.

Last edited by niektory; 07-04-2009 at 02:04 PM.
niektory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
workingtoohard
Marin

Class: Bard

i like when an MVP is spawned on the map right next to town where bots walk thru. they will keep dying and keep spawning in town in bulks. kinda make it easy to note them all down too, helps drain some of their infinite wealth thru potting too? got to do it at the next map of town thou in high traffic ♥♥♥ walk thru maps to get maximum effectiveness. ;D
workingtoohard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #15
Golden Fingers
Arc Angeling

Guild: retired

they dont pay for pots, if anything they use novice pots they get for free. Once those are done its either aco bots or sit to heal.

Random MVPs dont hinder them at all, but they sure aggravate real players.

*edit*

Oh and DBs help them, since you probably buy your db's from a botters (always found it ironic people going on about "ohh i DB'd this ♥♥♥ area pwnd etc when they're directly supporting bots with DB sales >.>)

Last edited by Golden Fingers; 07-07-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Golden Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
Dishonru
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Fingers View Post
they dont pay for pots, if anything they use novice pots they get for free. Once those are done its either aco bots or sit to heal.

Random MVPs dont hinder them at all, but they sure aggravate real players.

*edit*

Oh and DBs help them, since you probably buy your db's from a botters (always found it ironic people going on about "ohh i DB'd this ♥♥♥ area pwnd etc when they're directly supporting bots with DB sales >.>)
No one sits on bots. Bots generally don't take damage, but if you have one that is semi-geared or at an appropriate level you can have it take damage and use pots to ramp up your kill rate. An increased kill rate means more money made and faster experience gained. MVPs don't matter because you instant tele away from them, DBs don't matter because you instant tele on any damage that would kill you. There are a select few monsters that deal damage instantly and they could kill a ♥♥♥, and there are also a few monsters that would undermine the use of elemental weapons on certain maps but all modern bots are configured to tele after a certain number of misses in a single fight so there are very few monsters that would actually work.

Last edited by Dishonru; 07-07-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Dishonru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #17
Soul Link
Deviling

Server: idRO F2P
Class: Soul Linker

^
yep, I've seen some low level bots taking 10k++ damage not just once, but twice, then logs out, only to logged in again later on right on the spot as if nothing happens.
Soul Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:29 AM   #18
renma
Poring

Class: Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Link View Post
^
yep, I've seen some low level bots taking 10k++ damage not just once, but twice, then logs out, only to logged in again later on right on the spot as if nothing happens.
funny that i tried to test that twice by using alt+f4 but end up dying.
renma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #19
Max Period
Stapo

Guild: Atreides
Class: High Priest

The default ♥♥♥ config will teleport when it encounters most MVP (not all) on sight, but not other dangerous (such as biolab monsters or Sword Guardian). They also teleport when they take 500 or more damage in a single hit.

But then, there's lots of possibilities when it comes to ♥♥♥ configs.

Checking the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ forums on dealing with DD/BBs, they often advise "pick a different map", or spend lots of time adding the monster ID of every dangerous DB's to their mon_control.txt files. So, DD's (not BBs) actually does bother the botters mostly.

On an another note, If the botter is present on a computer, that ♥♥♥ is possible to escape GM checks by turning their ♥♥♥ AI off and entering manual commands. The bots who are AFK are much easier to deal with.

and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by from a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ forum
Sooner or later iRO will give up banned account by ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ like other RO server i know like pRO! I got 3 account right now and all 3 is almost to 99 trans hehe! and my computer been running for months!
Don't let this ever happen.

Smarter botters will generally go to less populated maps where there is generally no other player or bots on it. Don't overlook these maps as they will be generally much higher level than the ones from the general ♥♥♥-infested maps.

Last edited by Blueness; 07-08-2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: lolz
Max Period is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #20
hydragon
Poring

Nothing stopping a ♥♥♥ from going to lvl 99, which annoys the hell out of me. They can cruise just fine levelling off of ninetails, demon pungus, or some map that no one will ever walk to.
hydragon is offline   Reply With Quote