iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Homunculus and AI

Homunculus and AI Discuss all homunculus and AI related topics here.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:47 AM   #1
Peaches
Marin

Default Where To Level Lif

I used to know sites that gave me a general idea of where to level homuns but I don't have it anymore. :x

Anyway, I transferred and got a new homunculus: Lif instead of a Filir. Are Lifs able to properly level a pure pot alchy? I hear lots of people love 'em and some people say they're mainly for battle alchys ... So which is true?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I like my Lif and I don't want to get rid of her if I can avoid it.

Sig By Aiofe <3
★Devart★|
★Website
Peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
Dante
Stapo

Default Re: Where To Level Lif

Metalings till you get Mental Charge, which is a very long, loooooonggg waaayyy to go.

After you get MC, you can go anywhere as other homun would level like OD2, TF2, Requiems, etc as long as the monsters has low hard def and don't hit your Lif hard. You can even user her MC to kill silenced HWs in bio3, but with 77 vit of hers and ep 11 updates such as ganbatein, quag, FW, it should be impossible to do anymore.

The main feature of lif is her MC and urgent escape, where UC gives you very fast walking speed, nice in almost every condition. Her MC hits decently too, for monsters that don't take AB to kill.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
Blueness
Sharklets

Server: iRO Retired
Class: Arch Bishop

The most awesome place for a lif is bathories. Once she gets to the 80's she can even start killing jokers, and eventually gets near 100% hit on them. Also can kill all of the swords with ease.

Tamurans in Ayo Dungeon 2 work quite well, and so does rachel 1. I even leveled her in payon GD some. TI1 is another option.

I took my lif to metalings until she was in her 30's, got MC, went to sidewinders for a while, went to some random spots then settled on bathories. Only screen I have uploaded right now is her at 62.

If you are a potter, then bathories are fairly easy for you to tank. My lif's alchemist is a STR/AGI battle alchi. Eventually, your lif will be able to flee bathories most of the time.

breeg : if you ds fast enough it's kinda like having them exp tap shit for you

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.
Blueness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Dreamer Zero
Baby Poring

being a pure potter you will have some trouble since you really can't attack or tank anything, thats why a lot of people say Lifs are better off with a battle alchie. but i've seen a few people that have potter/Lif combo they are pretty happy with it.

i'd say stay at metalings until MC, and then bathories.

Dreamer Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
Nibbles
Ghostring

Guild: The Electric Mayhem

If you're a bit more budget-minded, you could always take a Lif to wolves. Though they're a bit less experience per kill than a metaling, their attack power is way lower, making them way easier to tank.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
Peaches
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles View Post
If you're a bit more budget-minded, you could always take a Lif to wolves. Though they're a bit less experience per kill than a metaling, their attack power is way lower, making them way easier to tank.
Yeah, I used to take my Filir to wolves and it was awesome experience for awhile. I think I'll start from there, seeing as I'm still only level 58 and I can't even handle metalings well. xD;

Thank you all for the advice! I'm having fun with my Lif. :D

Sig By Aiofe <3
★Devart★|
★Website
Old 12-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Blueness
Sharklets

All you really have to do is whack the metaling and run in circles migao style, works quite well, it's what I did back then as my battle alchi was in the 60's as well.

Works even better if you have say, a bloody axe, put it on, summon lif, then take it off, so lif is faster then you are. Can do the same thing with urgent escape as well, use UE, vaporize, summon, lif is set to your current speed and stays like that even after your speed runs out.

Also, are you using a dancing AI? As in, bypassing the "homun aspd fix" like DS dancing, allowing your lif to attack faster...

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Peaches
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedreams View Post
All you really have to do is whack the metaling and run in circles migao style, works quite well, it's what I did back then as my battle alchi was in the 60's as well.

Works even better if you have say, a bloody axe, put it on, summon lif, then take it off, so lif is faster then you are. Can do the same thing with urgent escape as well, use UE, vaporize, summon, lif is set to your current speed and stays like that even after your speed runs out.

Also, are you using a dancing AI? As in, bypassing the "homun aspd fix" like DS dancing, allowing your lif to attack faster...
I got the .lua file for it but I don't know exactly where it goes/if you need to activate it somehow? /shy

Sig By Aiofe <3
★Devart★|
★Website
Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
Blueness
Sharklets

I have no idea where it would go, however when I get home, I have a copy of MirAI that I customized for Lif, with dancing, and tweaked several maps lif is good at.

I'll upload it for you and you can give it a whirl.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
Peaches
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedreams View Post
I have no idea where it would go, however when I get home, I have a copy of MirAI that I customized for Lif, with dancing, and tweaked several maps lif is good at.

I'll upload it for you and you can give it a whirl.
Thanks!

Sig By Aiofe <3
★Devart★|
★Website
Old 12-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
Blueness
Sharklets

Okay, here it is, you might need to tweak it some, it's been a while since I used it. Also, it's likely not even the latest version of mirAI or anything but it's worked fine for me for a long time. The settings seem to be when she (the lif) was in her 60's or 70's.

Not sure how much you know about custom AI's so I'll just post the basics.

Delete (or back up) everything in ragnarok/AI/User_AI then unzip the attachment into the USER_AI folder.

You can then run the config.exe file to customise auto aid pot, monster behavior and more...like half of the monster behavior settings involve skill use which you can ignore for a lif.

If you have any more questions you can ask me or find someone who's an active user of mirai...other then the dancing I think the AI itself is unchanged.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dancing mirai.zip (295.3 KB, 1471 views)

Old 01-05-2008, 06:44 AM   #12
Watari
Poring Egg

wow it's an awesome AI, but i have a question,if I make like you said (bloody axe,UE, vaporize, recall),and if i cast UE again;when the skill finish,the "aspd" will go back to normal?or the lif isn't affected?
Watari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #13
Blueness
Sharklets

I have never really figured out the effect of super fast speed with dancing cause I teleport too much.

The idea is to spawn the lif when the alchemist has the speed boost. Put all your speed boosting gear on, use UE, vaporize, summon, fast lif until you teleport or vaporize it.

If you use UE again the lif usually goes faster but by then you might be hitting some sort of cap, and I never found that practical because I want to use MC right away!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #14
Moirae
Poring Egg

Server: Other
Class: Alchemist

With that Dancing MirAI.zip, would that possibly get me reported/banned on the server I play on.. exploiting a Bug [Bug Abuse] or anything of the sort? I just want to be cautious before I download it and stash it into my AI folder.

Last edited by Blueness; 01-23-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: no private servers
Moirae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #15
Blueness
Sharklets

All that AI does is tell your homon to attack, move over a cell, attack, move, rinse, repeat. I don't think it'd be considered a bug but you're best off contacting the GM's of wherever you play.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #16
Shdw
Baby Poring

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: RCI
Class: Biochemist

If you get banned for that, they might as well ban every Dancer/Bard/Hunter/Monk for doing DS dancing and OI dancing. As well as Gunslingers with THS dancing and anything else that you can manage to dance with. So I really don't think you'd get banned for it. So rest easy and enjoy.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #17
Dr. Tame
Drops

I'm currently leveling my level 39 lif in OD2, it's not bad actually, even though 75% of the exp is off bats and orc skells, since the vanis there tend to beat me to the zenorcs.
Dr. Tame is offline   Reply With Quote