iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Classic Class Discussion

Classic Class Discussion Everything about Classic Classes in here!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:55 AM   #1
Mart
Drops

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: The Legends
Class: Royal Guard

Default Best PvM build?

Anyways, wanted to know whats best Paladin PvM build... Cause you got Shield Chain, Linked Shield Boom (bradium shield and no dex req) etc. Anyone experienced can help on this, about stats and skills?

Thanks in advance.
Mart Legend - 99/50 WoE Taekwon Master

iRO Valkyrie:
Mart Legend - 8x/50 Full Support Soul Linker

Excise - 7x/10 Novice

Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
Sera
Iron and Rust

Server: iRO Retired
Guild: Tsuki no Hime
Class: Mastersmith

Send a message via ICQ to Sera Send a message via AIM to Sera Send a message via MSN to Sera Send a message via Steam to Sera
Default Re: Best PvM build?

Did they change bradium shield so it stacks with link?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
Mart
Drops

I dont know, but I'm guessing it should and will eventually.

iRO Valkyrie:

Excise - 7x/10 Novice

Old 03-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Tam
Stapo

Class: Paladin

For PvM, it would be best to incorporate Grand Cross & Rapid Smite together. High STR, High INT, Mediocre Dex, and VIT or AGI depending on your playstyle

I would aim for AT LEAST (with gears, buffs and job levels):

100 STR
105 INT
60 DEX

Try to incorporate some of your gears into these total stats. By building your Paladin this way, you can enjoy mobbing and single target killing monsters.

I would consider getting sacrifice (despite low dex, still need it for places like NI3) and everything else would be up to you

If you want full enjoyment of your Paladin for PvM purposes, this is the way to go

WOO WOO

Last edited by Tam; 03-18-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
eixia
Baby Poring

i was actually planning to make my paladin similar to a build like that.
str= 90+ bonus/buffs= 110
int= 70+ bonus/buffs= 90
dex= 62+bonus/buffs= 80
vit= 40+ bonus= 50
thats w/o any gears so u can wear anything u want.
skills would be:
GC,RS as the main lvlng skilla
Reflect lv 5
sac lv 3
and maybe lvl 7 chant for fun.
the stats are good enough to lvl in niff 2/gh or kill kasa's in thors but need medal n food for better hit rate.
eixia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
Mart
Drops

Okay... and how about an MvP pally? What skills/gear should I have and what MvP's are doable?

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it.

iRO Valkyrie:

Excise - 7x/10 Novice

Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Tam
Stapo

When you say MvP Paladin, what do you mean exactly?

There are only three ways I can see a Paladin MvP anything

1. Tanking with Reflect Shield

- When you do this with super high vit and a good reflect rate with you potting or someone else healing you like mad, you're able to get the MvP easy.

2. Attacking with Rapid Smite (High STR route)

- When I attack with Rapid Smite, I only get off 30~32k damage with provoke on normal monsters. You can't use provoke on undead or boss monsters so you'll be stuck on a monster with high DEF. Sure you can go hybrid and use bash with decent ASPD, but it's not as effective as other classes at MvPing. I have 100 STR with the sign & Paladin set to boot when I'm in this set up.

3. Attacking with Grand Cross

- You're able to take out the undead monsters easier than the Rapid Smite route. Doppleganger, Orisis, etc are good examples for MvP uses of GC. But GC requires a good speed of cast in order to pull it off efficiently. I would suggest up-ing your DEX to 80-90 buffed or even higher. I've never went this route with high dex but I did MvP with 50 dex.

All three choices have their ways of leveling up and getting to the point where you start to own. But in any case, 70-80 vit with lv10 reflect shield should make up for option 1's choices.

BTW I say minimum int (with blessing/job/gear) is 105 because the regen is WAY SLOW unless you use some SP shoes (sohee or eggyra or variants) to help speed up the process.

Sac 4 would be best, it lasts just a little longer for you to re-cast on other members and you can sac up to 3 people freely. Most good parties require 4 people anyway. You can duo, or just go with Priest/Wiz but it's always nice to have strings, gypsys kiss or something of that nature.

In the past, I had an AGI GC/Spear Crusader before I trans'd to Paladin. I leveled in abyss3, ID3, niff2, chiv2, castle2, etc. etc. and it was fun times. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would take the same route.

WOO WOO

Last edited by Tam; 03-19-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
Mart
Drops

How about shield booming mvp's? And I mean soloing mostly, except for a slave hp.

Thanks for the replies tho

iRO Valkyrie:

Excise - 7x/10 Novice

Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
Tam
Stapo

All I can say is that I can see it possible but it's slow compared to GFist/Acid Bomb.

At best per second you can be dishing out 7-10k~ damage/2 shield booms per second. This requires a high STR, mediocre-high AGI, and a good amount of int to keep the SP amount high (or blue pots).

What do you want to kill in general?

WOO WOO
Old 03-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
Mart
Drops

Well since I guess bb's are out of my league cause I can't deal with all mvp's. I think I would aim for Atroces, Orc Hero/Lord and other old MvP's.

Other than that I want to kill all kinds of monster which drop valuable loots.

iRO Valkyrie:

Excise - 7x/10 Novice

Old 03-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #11
Tam
Stapo

If you want to kill monsters that drop valuable loots, I think the GC/RS build is where you want to be. You can focus your STR to go a little over INT so you can still link yourself and go boom the hell out of things and you'll have the INT to continue to boom.

WOO WOO
Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #12
Ciler
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
How about shield booming mvp's? And I mean soloing mostly, except for a slave hp.

Thanks for the replies tho
Hit and run ? But it would take a while to kill anything
Ciler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #13
Kuran
Stapo

Guild: Alpha n Omega
Class: Stalker

one day i saw a mvper pally, he was using a battle hook with abysmal knight card killing with pierce, str agi vit type with over 70 def and high aspd, dps is kinda good, saw him killing a mini valk very fast.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #14
Mart
Drops

With level 3 pierce? Sounds kinda stupid tho.

Edit: I wonder how would a build focused on Shield Boom look like? Offcourse with full STR, but one could go with high agi (aspd for even faster shield boom and flee), some vit and int and one could go with high vit, some agi and int.

Discuss please. Thank you

iRO Valkyrie:

Excise - 7x/10 Novice

Last edited by Mart; 04-06-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
Tam
Stapo

At this point of the game, Shield Boomerang builds are going to look like this

Full Damage:

9x Str
7x-8x Agi
3x-4x Int
3x-4x Vit

You want your ASPD to go over 175 so you can shoot more than once out. You always want to be linked to do double damage at least.

I can imagine, the damage would look consistently 5k a hit if done properly with gear, buffs, and any other buff.

(I do 2.5k shield boom with a +4 cross shield, 100 str, no link on my Paladin)

The best way I would suggest you go about this Mart, is to compare the damage you'll be dishing out TO the health of the monsters you want to kill & the speed of damage you dish out for something balanced.

It's all in perspective what you want to do with the build. If you need to survive longer, put some more vit. If you want to shoot more shields at people, put some more int (or get more SP regen items). If you want faster speed at shooting your shields (damage over time), put more agi (or try to increase your ASPD by other methods).

But the main thing is that

1. You need a high upgraded cross shield (bradium shield when you're Paladin) with tamruan card in it (to maximize damage)
2. You'll need a linker consistently
3. You need HIGH STR

WOO WOO
Old 04-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
Expt626
Poporing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixia View Post
i was actually planning to make my paladin similar to a build like that.
str= 90+ bonus/buffs= 110
int= 70+ bonus/buffs= 90
dex= 62+bonus/buffs= 80
vit= 40+ bonus= 50
thats w/o any gears so u can wear anything u want.
skills would be:
GC,RS as the main lvlng skilla
Reflect lv 5
sac lv 3
and maybe lvl 7 chant for fun.
the stats are good enough to lvl in niff 2/gh or kill kasa's in thors but need medal n food for better hit rate.
This is my paladin's build. Levels somewhat like sd sinx but u can tank as well. valk mant+shield reflect + moonie dagger while tanking switching between rapid smite to have unlimited sp.
Expt626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #17
Grifter
Poring

Server: iRO Classic
Guild: Nabs
Class: High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
For PvM, it would be best to incorporate Grand Cross & Rapid Smite together. High STR, High INT, Mediocre Dex, and VIT or AGI depending on your playstyle

100 STR
105 INT
60 DEX

Try to incorporate some of your gears into these total stats. By building your Paladin this way, you can enjoy mobbing and single target killing monsters.

I would consider getting sacrifice (despite low dex, still need it for places like NI3) and everything else would be up to you

If you want full enjoyment of your Paladin for PvM purposes, this is the way to go
Figured I'd just post in this thread rather than start a new one with the same topic. I'm considering resetting my Paladin to 1/1 (Can you still do that, does anyone know?) because I don't WoE anymore, and a pure WoE paladin is useless to me. I want to make him totally PvM, perhaps with an ability to hang out in PvP once in a while but I PvP less than I WoE so I'm not at all concerned with that.

I like the direction you are heading with the RS/GC combo, but I am and always have been weary about what seems to me like a "hybrid" type of build - I feel like emphasizing both STR and INT would take away from the other ability. Since I've been out of the game for so damn long I don't know anything about gears and current build trends - is this a proven method that is effective? Or would I really be better off just going with a massive STR RS/Shield Boom Paladin, or massive INT for a cookie cutter GC/Heal type of deal?

Thanks in advance for whatever helpful input you can hook me up with.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
Prime81
Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post

100 STR
105 INT
60 DEX

Figured I'd just post in this thread rather than start a new one with the same topic. I'm considering resetting my Paladin to 1/1 (Can you still do that, does anyone know?) because I don't WoE anymore, and a pure WoE paladin is useless to me. I want to make him totally PvM, perhaps with an ability to hang out in PvP once in a while but I PvP less than I WoE so I'm not at all concerned with that.

I like the direction you are heading with the RS/GC combo, but I am and always have been weary about what seems to me like a "hybrid" type of build - I feel like emphasizing both STR and INT would take away from the other ability. Since I've been out of the game for so damn long I don't know anything about gears and current build trends - is this a proven method that is effective? Or would I really be better off just going with a massive STR RS/Shield Boom Paladin, or massive INT for a cookie cutter GC/Heal type of deal?

Thanks in advance for whatever helpful input you can hook me up with.
I wish to know too. I think I need a PvM build for my Paladin.
Prime81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #19
Solarcow105
Stapo

Sac/BC pally IMO is the best PVM build. Can be slave support with BC/Sac (BC for potting and stationary parties), useful in large party MVPing and small party MVPing (sac helps), good for parties in general (mobbing + sac).

Yes, it's not a killers build, but if you enjoy mobbing and supporting, then BC/Sac is the best imo. I personally love my 99/99 vit/dex pally, even in PVM settings its fun to play.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #20
Ciler
Marin

I won't comment on the shield part of these builds, but with 90 int total, the GC damage will be mediocre at best. You'll need 2 GCs to kill anything with more than 10k HP (khalizburg, wanderer, AK, to name a few), and will have trouble with stacked up mobs.

This in itself is not an issue, especially if you have support. But you'll run out of SP ridiculously fast if you use GC to actively level.
Ciler is offline   Reply With Quote