iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Classic Class Discussion

Classic Class Discussion Everything about Classic Classes in here!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
rai-den
Baby Poring

Server: Other
Class: Assassin Cross

Default Mvping on SinX (SonicB based build)

While browsing the forums (especially mvp screen shot forums) i found many examples and screen shots of sinx's mvping (and tanking while mvping) certain mvps (like the bio2 mvp) I wanted to know how this was achieved and if there were any other mvps a sinx could solo?

Thanks,
Rai
rai-den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Xellie
The Threader of Forums

Server: Classic
Guild: Valhalla

Default Re: Mvping on SinX (SonicB based build)

Hmm... I do this a lot. It works best with elemental advantage endow and link.

I solo phreeoni, osiris, gtb, hatii.

Last edited by Xellie; Today at 09:23 PM. Reason: teehee
Xellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
crash
loves you. srsly.

Server: Retired
Guild: Subconscious

Send a message via AIM to crash

Moonie is probably possible - you can 2 shot her with link, and 1 shot, if you log a priest down there, lex it, fwing, and then SB her.

Eddga is probably also similar.

There are a lot more that you could duo (ie Spectre) if you had a link, etc.

• Sin X; Mastersmith; Minstrel; kubli.deviantart.com
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
Xellie
The Threader of Forums

Oh yah, I one shot moonie with lex lol.

Maya's a good one if you're quick too.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
Ichigo
Banned

Server: iRO Retired
Class: Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Moonie is probably possible - you can 2 shot her with link, and 1 shot, if you log a priest down there, lex it, fwing, and then SB her.

There are a lot more that you could duo (ie Spectre) if you had a link, etc.
I dont like Spectre

I like the card though, but cost benefit ratio isn't that great...
Ichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
crash
loves you. srsly.

Server: Retired
Guild: Subconscious

Send a message via AIM to crash

I actually have to agree - although, calcing it, I found that I could SB, lex and SB and it'd be dead. Of course, this is with getting a linker down to Amatsu 3, which I didn't bother doing once I tried it after he became a complete and udder pain in the ass instead of just annoying.

• Sin X; Mastersmith; Minstrel; kubli.deviantart.com
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 AM   #7
Boni
heimdol pls :(

Server: iRO Classic
Class: Thief

Amon Ra is also easy, just requires 2 EDPs without Soul Link, and a crapload of White Pots thanks to his coma spam. I'm not sure but I'd assume White Lady(or Bacsojin, whatever it's called) is also possible.

iRO Classic

breeg - bowless rogue
Boni - knight

le fu

Boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:08 AM   #8
Bitch Face
Drops

Leap pretty much owns amatsu lvl 1?

$42 Could feed my family for 42 years
Bitch Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #9
margafred
Metaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai-den View Post
While browsing the forums (especially mvp screen shot forums) i found many examples and screen shots of sinx's mvping (and tanking while mvping) certain mvps (like the bio2 mvp) I wanted to know how this was achieved and if there were any other mvps a sinx could solo?
Bio2 MVP you mean MVP Cenia?

Cenia probably is one of the easiest MVP to kill alongside with Amon Ra.You can kill her by means of SBing or tanking like i did.

Anyway as a SinX,to MVP Cenia you need to at least have a decent amount of flee,best if your flee rate can dodge her 95% of the time.Since she doesn't have a power up to boost her hit rate,so its safe to assume that AGI type of SinX is the most suitable type of SinX to kill her.And you need to remember these 3 important things if you wanna use tanking way to MVP her.

Firstly,if you can have a partner to MVP along with you,then i would recommend a High Priest with Assumptio...Assumptio is a very important skill when it comes to tanking.Without it,your success rate to outpot her + her mobs damage is pretty low,and if you have a low vit with you,a stun attack from Armaia would be pretty deadly...which is the main reason of why you need Assumptio.If you plan to solo her,just use the Assumptio scroll,like i do.

Second is,with the recent update that gave Cenia the strongest skill Spiral Pierce,you gonna need a GR armor for it..that or TGK.Her maximum Spiral damage i think is below 25k,and with Thara,that will be reduced to somewhere below 17k,so if you can have HP above 20k,pretty much you could survive her Spiral easily.But i prefer GR.

Thirdly,prepare lots of demi human reduction shield.I usually carry 3 Thara bucks and 1 Thara guard when MVPing her,and the reason for it was because of her Shield Break skill.Tanking without protection from Thara shield is pretty stupid,even with Assum,you will have about 30-40% chances only to outpot the damage.

Owh and 1 more thing...kill the Acolyte Ebecee before tanking her damage (just bring an infiltrator and enchant it with dark water,and SB that Aco to death)..unless if you can bear his 9999 heal and -50 AGI Decrease AGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - R e i n a - View Post
Amon Ra is also easy, just requires 2 EDPs without Soul Link, and a crapload of White Pots thanks to his coma spam. I'm not sure but I'd assume White Lady(or Bacsojin, whatever it's called) is also possible.
Amon Ra is 100% do-able,either by means of 2 daggers or SBing.But i prefer tanking.Just wear fire armor and you should be able to survive his Fire Pillar.

As for White Lady.

Yeap she's do-able too.I never try using SB way to kill her though..i just using 1 dagger with shield,and tank her damage while at the same time damaging her.Her Assumptio + Sanctuary can recover her HP quite fast,but still she won't be able to outnumbered your damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post

She's do-able too.I just use Grimtooth to deal the damage,since i can dodge her 95% of the time (unless she Power Up),and beside Grimtooth is the best way to clear her mobs away.My tactics when dealing with her

1) When you saw her lure her to a place where there's no monster around
2) Enchant your weapon with water element and start EDP
3) If she dispell you just re-enchant your element back
4) Start hiding and GT her along with her mobs
5) Once all her mobs gone,she will resummon again her mobs
6) Clear again all her mobs with GT
7) She won't be able to call her mobs due to the 30 second delay
8) Unhide and SB her as many as you can during the 30 second delay
9) If she strip you,tele and relog again,and repeat step 1-8 again until she die.
10) If she use area silence while you're hiding,most likely it will be your doom moment,since you won't be able to use any pots or recovery items while hiding..but if her normal attack is the one that unhide you,then you should thank her,coz from what i see,once she use area silence,she usually follow it up with a Hammerfall,and ends it with a Mammonite.If she didn't then you're lucky.Or a cheap way would be using Marduk headgear...

I think that pretty much sums everything that you need when MVPing Moonlight.

As for Edgga,you can kill him easily,that is if you can tank his Bomb damage,and have an unbreakable weapon (if you going for tanking way).

Other do-able MVP (i believe) would be Atroce (i never try the new version of him,so not sure if his Pulse Strike is tankable or not),Evil Snake Lord,Gloom Under Night and Kiel D-01.

Last edited by margafred; 02-19-2008 at 07:15 AM.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
Boni
heimdol pls :(

Server: iRO Classic
Class: Thief

Victorious Coronet and Brooch Multiplied Energy's? What are those? I'm assuming there's an Owl Baron Card in the Brooch but I'm probably wrong. Sorry for offtopicness :P

iRO Classic

breeg - bowless rogue
Boni - knight

le fu

Boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #11
margafred
Metaling

Yeap,its Owl Baron card in the brooch.

The Victorious Coronet is an event headgear that adds 15% MHP and 5% SP recovery.Very useful for tanking =p
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #12
Golden Fingers
Arc Angeling

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: retired

Stormy Knight is pretty much the same, although i havent taken screenshots.

I find skills a bit fiddly so just edp+crit. the +7/10% cards and morriganes set allows high damage crits with a high crit rate on a DDsin build.

Had never really considered using a shield to mvp with though as silly as that sounds, might have to try that on some slightly tougher ones.
Golden Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #13
rai-den
Baby Poring

Interesting playing a sinx i'd already learned how to solo Amon Ra and Eddga its just interesting to see that some of the mvps are still soloable with sinx even with the recent updates
Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #14
Xellie
The Threader of Forums

Um okay what the hell?
GT on moonie?
She always spawns in the same place, so just get an endow and EDP 5 seconds pre-spawn. 2 Linked SBs max and shes gone (I have 69 base str) that whole GTing thing seems way to complex for something so simple.

What server do you play on Margafred? Those screenshots are tagged kRO but the text is in English?

Eddga takes me something like 4 SBs (with lex) - and is easy, just don't step on the bombs.

Generally speaking, its not that smart to MVP without a priest (yet I do) :<

Bapho is a good one too. though I tend to crit + tank (looking at ~ 600 ranked slims wearing GR + coating) rather than sonic blow. That's solo. With a priest, maybe 200 slims since earthquake owns them =p

Old 02-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
margafred
Metaling

Its mRO Malaysia.

Anyway that first post asking about how to solo,so i just gave out my experience solo-ing MVP as a SinX.Of course if its partying with High Priest,you can go almost every MVP out there ( at least in iRO,not in mRO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellie View Post
Um okay what the hell?
GT on moonie?
She always spawns in the same place, so just get an endow and EDP 5 seconds pre-spawn. 2 Linked SBs max and shes gone (I have 69 base str) that whole GTing thing seems way to complex for something so simple.
If the stats and MHP for Moonlight is like what kRO and iRO had,then i wouldn't go as far as that to think of a strategy to beat her down.

Here's the stat for Moonlight in mRO (basically Gameflier tweaked the MVP (only applied to MVP below ep 10-1) stats and change their ATK and MHP,making it solo-able to certain classes only,unlike iRO where every 2nd classes can kill the MVP to death).

Quote:
Moonlight Flower -
LV - 67
HP - 250000
ATK - 1700 ~ 2420
DEF - 31 + 55
MDEF - 61 + 82
EXP/JOB - 35750/18590
SIZE - Medium
ATTR - Fire3
RACE - Demon
100% HIT - 186
100% FLEE - 237
If her ATK and MHP follows like iRO's Moonlight stats,then i would just SB her without any soul link to death,and even let her Mammo me without worrying of dying,coz in my server,without shield,her Mammo can deal about 13k - 15k damage (both are 1 hit KO),which means there's a higher chance for me to survive her Mammo if her ATK is 1200 ~ 1700.

About luring her,well that's just my way of playing =p ,since the place where she spawn are always full with mobs (Horong especially) thanks to the bots inside there.Beside GTing her is fun too..she's the only MVP i think that can be killed using GT without having any problem in mRO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellie View Post
Um okay what the hell?
Bapho is a good one too. though I tend to crit + tank (looking at ~ 600 ranked slims wearing GR + coating) rather than sonic blow. That's solo. With a priest, maybe 200 slims since earthquake owns them =p
Try mRO version of Baphomet then.

Quote:
Baphomet
LV - 81
HP - 980000
ATK - 4400~5500
DEF - 58 + 30
MDEF - 60 + 85
EXP/JOB - 182325/64422
SIZE - Big
ATTR - Shadow4
RACE - Demon
100% HIT - 253
100% FLEE - 276
Later will try Vesper and see whether he is solo-able too or not.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #16
Xellie
The Threader of Forums

oh lol. That expains it.

though on iRO I'd be bothered about moonie dispelling me while in hide

I'd still solo crit that bapho <3

Old 02-20-2008, 02:44 AM   #17
Tiberius
Chrono Legionnaire

Server: iRO Retired
Guild: MaeIstrom
Class: Scholar

Send a message via Steam to Tiberius

Eddga can be killed in a single SB (lexed, linked, EDP), it's very satisfying.

Drake needs like 2x Attack and BSB.

US Blackrock
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #18
rai-den
Baby Poring

eh? Vesper's mob should be a little much to handle along with vesper dont you think?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #19
Atum
Arc Angeling

Server: iRO Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Atum

Quote:
eh? Vesper's mob should be a little much to handle along with vesper dont you think?
He summons up to 16 mobmonsters (Apocalypse, Venatu, Dimik), also he has 10k baseatk and can do powerup anytime he wants.
Would be pretty touch to solo with a melee-sinX,i guess.
Atum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #20
margafred
Metaling

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atum View Post
He summons up to 16 mobmonsters (Apocalypse, Venatu, Dimik), also he has 10k baseatk and can do powerup anytime he wants.
Would be pretty touch to solo with a melee-sinX,i guess.
Just try him today.

- Impossible without getting rid of his mob first.
- Impossible without GR
- Impossible without shield.
- Impossible without assum (also impossible with assum unless you can do something about the mobs)